dostoevsky
Kaladin
Cruijf
Forza
M99
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Derby Della Madonnina: Inter Milan vs AC Milan Empty Derby Della Madonnina: Inter Milan vs AC Milan

Post by M99 Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:49 am

Derby Della Madonnina: Inter Milan vs AC Milan 52188663-sinisa-mihajlovic-of-inter-celebrates-after-gettyimages

Prediction: Inter 1-0 Milan
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Derby Della Madonnina: Inter Milan vs AC Milan Empty Re: Derby Della Madonnina: Inter Milan vs AC Milan

Post by Forza Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:25 am

It will be interesting to see the formations and line-ups. I wonder if Mauri will get any time. I think that at this stage of the season, it may be worth re-arranging the formation to minimise our reliance on our midfield. In other words, our midfielders aren't strong, so it might be worth having fewer of them on the field in such key positions.

What's happening with our current 4-3-1-2 is that you have us usually maintaining possession, with the LCM and RCM pushing up alongside the TQ to try and crack open the opposition's defence.

The problem is that this ends up as a 4-1-3-2 -- a very unstable shape, because there's no protection for the defence and all of the strikers and AMs just get in the way of each other.

The solution may be to pre-empt this problem by changing formation to a 4-2-3-1. This way, we can minimise the influence of our poor midfield by giving them easier tasks to do.

Instead of having 3 CMs and a TQ, you now have 2 DMs and 2 wingers. These roles are more clearly defined and may prove to enhance our play by reducing the defensive burden on Bonaventura and Bertolacci, whilst granting De Jong and Mauri or Monty their preferred positions of destroyer and DLP, like the good ol' days of the Gattuso - Pirlo tandem.

It might look something like this:

Bacca
Bona -- LA -- Bert
De Jong - Mauri/Monty
Ant - Ely - Roma - MDS
Lopez
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Derby Della Madonnina: Inter Milan vs AC Milan Empty Re: Derby Della Madonnina: Inter Milan vs AC Milan

Post by Cruijf Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:15 am

Its a good idea in theory, but the problem is we lack even one quality natural winger.

Neither Bonaventura nor Bertolacci are natural wingers, and both of them will likely drift inside, only compounding the problem.

Generally teams that concede the middle of the pitch play direct football towards the flanks, thus bypassing their area of weakness. The problem is, in order to play that diagonal ball to the winger (and thus circumvent the midfield press), you need two natural wingers who stay on the touchline. The diagram below is an example:

Derby Della Madonnina: Inter Milan vs AC Milan AbJKLnqaoK

In that situation, the ball carrier needs to play the ball immediately to the RW or the LW.

With the formation you're suggesting, Bertolacci and Bonaventura would likely move to try and occupy the space behind the two Blue CMs, thus eliminating our options.

This is why its truly baffling that we sold SES and then made the moves in the market that we did. A team filled with midfield workhorses and poachers, but no wingers or ball players, just doesn't work.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:49 am

M99 wrote:Derby Della Madonnina: Inter Milan vs AC Milan 52188663-sinisa-mihajlovic-of-inter-celebrates-after-gettyimages

Prediction: Inter 1-0 Milan

Already prepared my post match review once we lose, its 7 words and is usually uttered by a dear friend of BB
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:43 pm

It's being suggested that Montolivo may make his first Serie A appearance since February from the start against Inter. Kucka is also expected to play in Bertolacci's absence.

More intriguing however appears to be the suggestion that Medel could start in place of Ranocchia, though Mancini has stated that he is still hopeful that Miranda may recover in time for the match. Medel's presence in a back four would surely surrender a great physical advantage to Adriano, whilst also requiring the introduction of Melo in front of the defence for Inter, which I would prefer.

It's difficult to say before the official squads are released but it seems we may expect something along these lines:

Lopez
Abate---Zapata---Romagnoli---De Sciglio
De Jong---Montolivo---Kucka
Bonaventura
Adriano---Bacca

We've started the season poorly however form rarely determines a derby. After a couple of victories over Inter in pre-season it's vital that we peg back their early lead and start to climb up the table ourselves. Champions League qualification this season may well be determined by a handful of points or even head to head records and we can't afford too many slip ups against direct opponents, particularly Inter.

Also Cruijf, I certainly agree with your sentiments, I can't understand why we would give away our only great wide player, particularly given how well Eder did under Sinisa's direction. That ship has sailed though, sadly.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:16 pm

We still have a wide player in Cerci (:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:25 am

Ely and Mexes return to the matchday squad whilst Inter name Miranda who will undergo a late fitness test before the game.

AC Milan Squad: Abbiati, Donnarumma, Diego Lopez; Abate, Alex, Calabria, De Sciglio, Rodrigo Ely, Mexes, Romagnoli, Zapata; Bonaventura, De Jong, Josè Mauri, Kucka, Montolivo, Nocerino, Poli, Suso; Bacca, Balotelli, Cerci, Honda, Luiz Adriano

Inter Milan Squad: Handanovic, Carrizo, Berni; Juan Jesus, Telles, Montoya, Santon, Ranocchia, Murillo, Miranda, D'Ambrosio, Nagatomo; Kondogbia, Guarin, Medel, Gnoukouri, Brozovic, Felipe Melo; Palacio, Icardi, Jovetic, Biabiany, Ljajic, Perisic, Manaj

M99 wrote:We still have a wide player in Cerci (:

Reported.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:41 pm

Derby Della Madonnina: Inter Milan vs AC Milan COwt7h7VEAA88eC

Bit worried about putting Jack in central midfield in a game that is likely to be very physical in midfield, particularly with the need to aid De Sciglio up against a very hard working Perisic. I'd prefer to have Kucka on the left and Poli on the right if Sinisa is uncomfortable putting De Jong at RCM, which I would prefer.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:42 pm

I can see this game ending in a draw but I hope we win though

This game has been hyped up a lot more than any milan derby in recent history. I see it being a borefest. I doubt it will live up to the hype. Maybe a few goals here and there but shit on a stick football from both teams until the closing stages
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:27 pm

Inter: Handanovic; Santon, Medel, Murillo, Jesus; Guarin, Melo, Kondogbia; Perisic, Icardi, Jovetic

Inter bench: Carrizo, Telles, Montoya, Ranocchia, D'Ambrosio, Nagatomo, Gnoukouri, Brozovic, Palacio, Biabiany, Ljajic, Manaj

Milan: Diego Lopez; Abate, Zapata, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Kucka, Montolivo, Bonaventura; Honda; Luiz Adriano, Bacca

Milan bench: Abbiati, Donnarumma, Alex, Calabria, Rodrigo Ely, Mexes, Poli, De Jong, Nocerino, Suso, Balotelli, Cerci.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:41 pm

Subs are straight forward imo, Mexes on for Honda once Zapata gets sent off, NDJ on for Monty once he he reaches his cardiovascular capacity (min 55) and Balo on for one of LA/Bacca
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:50 pm

WtF adriano!! That should have been the first goal right there
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Bacca with another chance created for Adriano who wastes the chance

Loving Bacca so far
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:04 pm

Adriano with yet another mix after some good work from Allegri
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:40 pm

A good first half display from us, though I think we should do better. We've left ourselves vulnerable to a lot of counter attacks and we haven't been able to hold on to the ball or show some purpose to our passing

Kucka has impressed me greatly with his strength and skill this half, De Sciglio's been pretty solid, Montolivo has been good with the ball at his feet, Bonaventura has been good but he holds on to the ball for too long sometimes, Abate has been a bit shaky. Romagnoli - Zapata hasn't really been tested, though I think Roma should do better with his passing, Honda our worst performer. Bacca and Adriano have worked hard, even though Adriano should have done better with his finishing on the chances he got

I'm looking forward to the second half, the only change I'd make right now is taking Honda off for either Poli or Nocerino with Allegri moving to AM
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:44 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Subs are straight forward imo, Mexes on for Honda once Zapata gets sent off, NDJ on for Monty once he he reaches his cardiovascular capacity (min 55) and Balo on for one of LA/Bacca
Laughing
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:46 pm

this is a very good showing... in fact i tihnk we played better for the first time in a year!

i dont blame much to adriano he should have done better but he is making up by always running in spaces and having a good chemistry with bacca. both like running in spaces and dont stay stable. i hope montolivo can read their runs and look players in spaces.

i agree honda has been meh.... kucka looks great. abate too. our midfielders arent that creative and visionary but they are doing alright so far.

important thing is to create create create chances, look for spaces, draw out defenders, make defense splitting passes

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:04 pm

And that's that. Congrats Inter. Guarin with all the space he could have asked for.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:08 pm

Get Honda off already. Can't stand watching him suck anymore
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:16 pm

Miha's subs are killing me. Why is Honda still playing?
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:22 pm

Balo! That was close
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:33 pm

Cerci is useless
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:42 pm

why is honda playing .... seriously!

seriously we have just quality forwards atm, bacca adriano balotelli but midfield just sucks!!!!

seriously that 90 million spending...

someone gotta answer by the end of the season.

balotelli though!!! very very impressive coming on

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:47 pm

We created little in the second half. Should have taken our chances in the first

My MoTM is De Sciglio. Didn't put a foot wrong all game
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:49 pm

my man of the match was between balotelli and bacca

milan will loose or draw lot of matches because of midfielders that i know for sure, its been the case for past 4-5 years and nothings been done about it.

galliani needs to be fired ,

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next