Freeza
El Gunner
Thimmy
Myesyats
DuringTheWar
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jordan Peterson (Psychologist PhD) on pathological ideology  - Page 2 Empty Re: Jordan Peterson (Psychologist PhD) on pathological ideology

Post by Myesyats Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:For example, I can easily say that I am smarter than Peterson. Not more well read, or more articulate, or more academically drilled, but smarter? Sure.
I'd say 75% of posters on here are smarter than he is.

Smart (adjective)

1. (of a person) clean, tidy and well-dressed
2. having or showing a quick-witted intelligence.

Maybe you're better dressed, we don't know, but in regards to point 2 you're definitely way behind Peterson.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Jordan Peterson (Psychologist PhD) on pathological ideology  - Page 2 Empty Re: Jordan Peterson (Psychologist PhD) on pathological ideology

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:53 pm

Jordan Peterson is the brainchild of a movement that directly seeks to resist the fascism of the radical left.

He has many points that I don't necessarily agree with, but he certainly deserves to be heard.

It doesn't matter to me on which side of the political spectrum you fall under. As long as you're willing to debate your ideas and don't resort to physical violence, I'll be more than happy to listen to you.

What I won't do is waste a second with someone with the emotional stability of a 9-year old. Someone who needs safe spaces and uses terms like trigger warnings and micro-aggressions to shut down debates and restrict freedom of speech. Someone who gets offended by words.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:09 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:What I won't do is waste a second with someone with the emotional stability of a 9-year old. Someone who needs safe spaces and uses terms like trigger warnings and micro-aggressions to shut down debates and restrict freedom of speech. Someone who gets offended by words.

Jordan Peterson (Psychologist PhD) on pathological ideology  - Page 2 Tenor
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:11 pm

not sure if i should get involved in this thread tbh. RG is already on my case. hmm
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:18 pm

Nah man, this thread is pretty much wrapped up. Peterson is an eccentric idiot but he's great at taking pseudo progressive melts down and trashing every one of their social constructs. That's good enough in my book to stick around and listen to some of his interviews and lectures.

Save your valuable 25% my friend.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:20 pm

Myesyats wrote:Nah man, this thread is pretty much wrapped up. Peterson is an eccentric idiot but he's great at taking pseudo progressive melts down and trashing every one of their social constructs. That's good enough in my book to stick around and listen to some of his interviews and lectures.

Save your valuable 25% my friend.
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:06 pm

Unique wrote:not sure if i should get involved in this thread tbh. RG is already on my case. hmm

I have never stopped you from expressing your views.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:11 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Unique wrote:not sure if i should get involved in this thread tbh. RG is already on my case. hmm

that is true. but you do seem to fold under peer pressure when the complaints start landing on your door step. Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:15 pm

Unique wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

that is true. but you do seem to fold under peer pressure when the complaints start landing on your door step. Laughing Laughing

Stop whining and playing the victim card, snowflake
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:17 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Stop whining and playing the victim card, snowflake
come on dude even you have to admit a few of my bans have been a bit harsh. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:38 pm

I think a reason why Jordan Peterson has so many followers, is because he often points towards statistics, and makes claims that, I at least, expect to be common sense or easily comprehensible information, yet is still somehow considered to be controversial by many, these days. When you put him in a context where he's arguing with a radical progressive or third wave feminist who doesn't have a viable counter argument, or is so hell bent on sticking to their original agenda that they fail to see his point of view, it makes him look like a protagonist.

It's not surprising that he has become popular, because there are scarcely anyone out there nowadays who acts as a counter proponent to the rapidly rising wave of influential progressives all over the world. I don't follow his lectures or interviews on a consistent basis, but this video popped up in my suggested videos today, and I can't help but root for him when I see a popular candidate for prime minister in Sweden, fail to understand even the basic things he mentions. Peterson may not be as intellectually proficient as someone like, Sam Harris or Richard Dawkins, but he gets the message out there, and it's comprehensible.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:46 am

this guy is a good speaker.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:06 am

Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:19 pm

has anyone seen a guy called milo Yiannopoulos. some of the stuff he says is a bit near the mark but he is entertaining. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:19 pm

sorry for the double post.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:25 pm

Unique wrote:has anyone seen a guy called milo Yiannopoulos. some of the stuff he says is a bit near the mark but he is entertaining. Very Happy

He definitely is entertaining, as well as very intelligent. His popularity took a hit after he made a controversial statement regarding "older mentors for young homosexuals" on Joe Rogan's podcast, though. It seems to have gone quiet from him since then.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Unique wrote:has anyone seen a guy called milo Yiannopoulos. some of the stuff he says is a bit near the mark but he is entertaining. Very Happy

He definitely is entertaining, as well as very intelligent. His popularity took a hit after he made a controversial statement regarding "older mentors for young homosexuals" on Joe Rogan's podcast, though. It seems to have gone quiet from him since then.
yes he is definitely a very smart guy.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:34 pm

You should check out Sam Harris as well.

Milo gives me vibes of possibly having an antisocial personality disorder.

All these guys are entertaining and useful examples of how to fight for yourself and your interests.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:38 pm

Unique wrote:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:37 pm

I think a true progressive left would never advocate for curtails of thought and freedom of speech. If some on the left have forgotten that, and they are in fact regressive.

Government should not be allowed to interfere in anyway with freedom of speech. Regardless of how noble one might think it is. Bottom line your feeling should not be protected.

On Jordan Peterson, none of his ideas and thoughts are in anyway original. But he is a worthwhile listen sometime.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:19 am

Binged watched this guy, eh, not a fan at all. That's it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:55 am

interesting stuff from a member of parliament.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:57 am

The Madrid One wrote:You should check out Sam Harris as well.

All these guys are entertaining and useful examples of how to fight for yourself and your interests.
i saw him have a debate with ben affleck. ben seemed to get a bit wound up.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:44 am

Unique wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:You should check out Sam Harris as well.

i saw him have a debate with ben affleck. ben seemed to get a bit wound up.

Ben clearly went into that show, intending to cause a stir regardless of what Sam had to say. Someone had probably told Ben that Sam Harris was an enemy of religion, or something. Sam seems to be exceptionally calm and rational at all times, from what I can tell, and I'm guessing Ben didn't expect such a tempered and undramatic response. Regardless of what his intention was, it made him look like a typical, ignorant, Hollywood celebrity. Jordan Peterson also looked a bit wound up during his debate with Sam Harris. I'm sure there are people on here who have criticism towards Sam, like with any other public figure, but I'd be hard pressed to think of someone more rational, intelligent and level-headed than him.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:21 pm

Milo peaked in 2015 and it was him at his best. Just a very effective and interesting debater who happened to be gay.

After that, as he wanted to expand his "brand" and become a "US celebrity", he abandoned everything that had made him so effective and resorted to be a flamboyent gay man who happens to debate. Opposite of what he was. Instead of focusing on his strength (speed of thought, articulateness, sense of humour), he alienated so much of his allies and fans by speaking 15 minutes in each debate how much he enjoys sucking black dick or having 3 in his ass at the same time, wearing ridiculous outfits or doing stupid stunts for attention seeking and he fell off a cliff.

A real shame, because back in 2015, Milo was one of the most effective debaters I had seen since the late Christopher Hitchens.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:32 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Jordan Peterson is the brainchild of a movement that directly seeks to resist the fascism of the radical left.

He has many points that I don't necessarily agree with, but he certainly deserves to be heard.

It doesn't matter to me on which side of the political spectrum you fall under. As long as you're willing to debate your ideas and don't resort to physical violence, I'll be more than happy to listen to you.

What I won't do is waste a second with someone with the emotional stability of a 9-year old. Someone who needs safe spaces and uses terms like trigger warnings and micro-aggressions to shut down debates and restrict freedom of speech. Someone who gets offended by words.

Amen my friend. It bewilders me that people are losing friendships, real life bonds over differences of opinion. I removed my Facebook account (it's an evil company) about half a year ago, but I remember circa 2015-16 when I started to have opinions that go against the mainstream narrative, I lost quite a number of friends who instead of debating my opinion civilly would say: "OMG, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU, OMG I CAN'T EVEN!!" that's when you know who your true civilized friends are.

My current roommate who happens to be one of my best friends that I met in a house party in 2014 when he told me about his experience of visiting North Korea, has very different opinions than me. He's very progressive, voted for Green party in 2015 Canada elections, yet he's always so open to debating and hearing the other side. We've held countless debate nights with other friends debating death penalty, immigration, religion, feminism, sexual relations between men and women and we often never agree on things, but we debate and he learns from me and I learn from him and whoever else is participating. Admittedly, he's definitely drifted a bit to the right since 2015 too, but give me a friend like that, over 100 "friends" that only value your friendship if you repeat Buzzfeed/Huffingtonpost talking points with no original thought of your own. I asked him why he's drifted a bit to the right in the last 3 years from his super left position and funnily he stated Left's refusal to debate ideas, shutting down speech and resorting to name-calling and smearing instead of debating ideas has really left him disillusioned with them.

The moment we cease to engage with each other and civilly debate opposing viewpoints is the sad moment our civilization will fail. The post-debate stage is violence and we're already there in some parts of the West. Also, the notion of independent thought is dying. Sadly we live in an age, that if you have one opinion on one matter, people assume all your opinions on different matters, whereas it shouldn't be like that. For example, it's no secret that I am right-wing, yet I prefer a man like Corbyn over the entire conservative party of UK combined and support universal health care. These days, if you have one right wing opinion, you're immediately labeled the next Hitler. It's this mentality that has marginalized debate, radicalized many sections and has bred violence.

I mean on here, I've been called terrorist, rapist, Hitler, whatever else you wanna call it, but likes of Nishank, Eman, Art (when I was still on FB) have seen my personal life and follow on IG and see I'm just a normal guy with an edgy humour with different viewpoints that's always willing to civil-ly debate and learn. As a person who grew up in an authoritarian environment, I genuinely warn you guys that labelling whoever' opinions you don't like (or the way they vote you don't like) as stupid, dumb, low-educated, fascist, communist, etc is a slippery slope. Cherish your freedom of thought and speech...because you don't know what you have until it's gone.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2