Kaladin
Freeza
Firenze
63 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

USA gun violence thread - Page 10 Empty Re: USA gun violence thread

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:16 pm

Here are a group of minority NYPD police officers explicitly confirming what we're saying.

https://twitter.com/Urban_Supremacy/status/751146746441371648/video/1

But oh "it has nothing to do with race!!!!"

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:24 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
If you have any cogent arguments to the points that have been raised, I'll respond to it.

Tumbleweed.

First posting pictures now coming up with anecdotal "look he says so!!!!"

From what I've read American puclic schools are complete wank at teaching kids how to think and argue, and you're a prize example of that.

Let's try again, here are the points that have been raised, in different more concise form: https://mobile.twitter.com/benshapiro/status/751161863988244481/photo/1

Disagree? I'd love to hear a friggin reasoned counter argument to it, not a sob story about segregation half a century ago.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:44 pm

ES wrote:
Freeza wrote:Wow. I knew there was a reason I kept out of this section.

As if Unique's racist ramblings weren't enough
it's not racist do dislike a barbaric out of date religion darling
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:47 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Here are a group of minority NYPD police officers explicitly confirming what we're saying.

so what your saying is trigger happy police shoot a few black people and it's all about race. Yet thousands of Islamic terrorist run around the world killing people and blowing shit up and it's has absolutely nothing to do with religion.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:24 am

DuringTheWar wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:
If you have any cogent arguments to the points that have been raised, I'll respond to it.

Tumbleweed.

First posting pictures now coming up with anecdotal "look he says so!!!!"

From what I've read American puclic schools are complete wank at teaching kids how to think and argue, and you're a prize example of that.

Let's try again, here are the points that have been raised, in different more concise form: https://mobile.twitter.com/benshapiro/status/751161863988244481/photo/1

Disagree? I'd love to hear a friggin reasoned counter argument to it, not a sob story about segregation half a century ago.

1. Did you answer the question I asked with that picture?

2. Did you respond to what I outlined about the history of racism in America?

3. I didn't even go to school in the US. I schooled in the UK. Congrats for being an idiot.

4. When you're ready to acknowledge and talk about the things I posted in that lengthy post, we'll talk. I won't waste any second lifting a finger to type anything else towards you. You obviously have a belief system you don't give a *bleep* one bit about shedding. I don't have time to make arguments at a brick wall.

So forgive me, DuringTheWar, but I couldn't care less about talking to someone who thinks the history people's suffering is a "sob story". Kindly piss off.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:25 am

Unique wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Here are a group of minority NYPD police officers explicitly confirming what we're saying.

so what your saying is trigger happy police shoot a few black people and it's all about race. Yet thousands of Islamic terrorist run around the world killing people and blowing shit up and it's has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

Unbelievable....wtf are you even talking about? Wtf does that have to do with this? Amazing. Did you even listen to what was said in that video? You know what? Never mind. Carry on. I think I've had enough GL for one day.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:54 am

wtf is going on in Dallas
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:24 am

According to the Guardian, several policemen were shot (reportedly 5 killed, 6 injured) by snipers during protests against the events that culminated in two black men murdered by the police the last days. As there are huge protest actions against the police violence around, it almost looks to me like the beginning of some civil unrest that currently starts in Dallas.

But then, that's what the second amendment is for, isn't it? So that people can defend themselves with guns and rifles against the powers of the state?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:37 am

There's a lot of unclear information at the moment. It looked like a well coordinated attack by professionals. Something that couldn't have been done on impulse. Plus the Dallas PD have always been friendly and supported the Black Lives Matter movement. They were at the protest to protect those protesters. They had been using their official social media to direct people safely all throughout the protest. Some of them even took pictures with some protesters.

USA gun violence thread - Page 10 Cmzgvq10

https://twitter.com/DallasPD/status/751222360867418112/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

It seems to me like one of two things:

1. Neo-Nazi nutjobs trying to incite a race war of sorts by making it look like it was black people shooting at police as "revenge".

2. A nutjob black guy who took things way too far to say the least (there's ALWAYS that idiot).

Sad, sad, horrific event.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:44 am

2nd amendment right is the biggest farce ever known to humankind
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:01 pm

RealGunner wrote:2nd amendment right is the biggest farce ever known to humankind

+1
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:03 pm

Sort it our Murica ffs you have 10 years or i'm moving to Canada instead.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:03 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:It seems to me like one of two things:
1. Neo-Nazi nutjobs trying to incite a race war of sorts by making it look like it was black people shooting at police as "revenge".
2. A nutjob black guy who took things way too far to say the least (there's ALWAYS that idiot).
The problem is that no matter which reason it is, in the current heated situation this can easily spread like wildfire, especially as there are far too many people running around with guns in the US.

Blue Barrett wrote:Sad, sad, horrific event.
I wholeheartily agree.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:36 pm

RealGunner wrote:2nd amendment right is the biggest farce ever known to humankind

It remains a necessary evil at this time though.

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:45 pm

@Betty

Why "necessary"?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:01 pm

It has to hit harder towards humanity so enough individuals will wake up and form a collective together to bring good above evil.

Something like, things that happen around us is everything that we deserve as individuals. We don't deserve more or less, better or worse, it's exactly what we are and who we are. And if things like this happen to many people (in a circle, country, continent), it means we as a group have individuals who have to progress and go through hardships to the stars (per aspera ad astra).
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:05 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:There's a lot of unclear information at the moment. It looked like a well coordinated attack by professionals. Something that couldn't have been done on impulse. Plus the Dallas PD have always been friendly and supported the Black Lives Matter movement. They were at the protest to protect those protesters. They had been using their official social media to direct people safely all throughout the protest. Some of them even took pictures with some protesters.

Spoiler:

It seems to me like one of two things:

Sad, sad, horrific event.
so what was it. a white guy trying to start a race war or one black guy doing it simply because he is a nut job.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:08 pm

In continuation of my previous post: but changes, they are in the hands of those individuals. In our hands. Changing the world is in my hands, is also in your hands and his hands.

To change a political or social situation in a country for example, every person from that country has to change herself and progress in education, behaviour, work ethic and of course the domain in subject so that their children can also make children and after 2-3-4 generations the country will really change because the grandparents of that nation became themselves an example for the society.

Later EDIT:

So if people think that the Second Amendment of the United States Constituion is generally harmful, they should find a way to create new political generations by educating their children and grandchildren in the way they think it is fair and correct to raise a healthy and honest person. Things don't happen suddenly, usually it takes years to change something. It's brick by brick to build a castle.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:21 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:

There's no need to rationalize it, second amendment is outdated and doesn't belong to the modern world.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:24 pm

ive never been to the USA so I don't know what really goes on but can one of you guys tell me the % of risk it is to get shot by a black guy in the area these shooting took place. what I'm saying is what is the gun crime rates in that area. what % of that gun crime is committed buy young black men. I refuse to beleave that police just pull random black people  over and shoot them. it seems to me that the police are in a panic situation and shoot for fear of their life and not think there is a black guy I'm gonna shoot him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:48 pm

rwo power wrote:@Betty

Why "necessary"?

Because its a right granted because the government can't, or at the very least won't, defend the rights of all citizens in this country.

Nobody likes guns, but there is a reason the provision is there for a militias.

Pedram wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

There's no need to rationalize it, second amendment is outdated and doesn't belong to the modern world.

No rationalizing it, but it remains necessary where the government doesnt do its job.

You outlaw guns now and the only people who will have guns are either criminals, who means nobody any well being, and cops who have shown they don't mean well for minority groups.

Either we go full china and get rid of all of them, or we simply make restrictions more plentiful.

Nobody likes guns, but simply getting rid of the second amendment won't make them go away any more than prohibition got rid of alcohol

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:52 pm

This Dallas thing is just extraordinary. Three or four gunmen apparently co-operating together. Never heard of this kind of attack in America before.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:55 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:And that's not even mentioning the fact that Louisiana is an open carry state a.k.a Alton Sterling had a right to have a gun on him, innit?

Just to clarify, Open Carry doesn't mean anyone can carry around a gun in the literal sense. You still need to have a permit to carry. There's a good deal of misinformation going around as to whether the gun on Sterling was legal or not, but if it wasn't, then that would only have made the cops more suspicious of him. Even it if was legal, it may not have saved him anyway....as we saw with Philando Castile.

Last edited by McLewis on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:59 pm

As for these events that have been occurring over the past few days. I'll post my thoughts when there's more information out there and less misinformation. Lots of sensationalism going on. My is heart is heavy for the Sterling and Castile families as well as the families of this officers though. That much I know.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:01 pm

Philando Castile case is an absolute disgrace. I don't know how anyone can justify that as nothing but murder.

But then there are some who would argue that black people aren't really targeted in USA Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:13 pm

I gotta say, though, that in 9 out of 10 in these shooting videos, the person who gets shot are not doing what the officers are telling them or are even physically resisting them. That's some grade A stupidity on their part.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next