Kaladin
Freeza
Firenze
63 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

USA gun violence thread - Page 40 Empty Re: USA gun violence thread

Post by CBarca Thu May 28, 2020 4:17 am

They should all be charged with murder, absolutely. That's what it was, and everyone knows

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 28, 2020 10:38 am

I saw the video and it made me sick to my stomach. It was straight up murder and the guy was enjoying himself. The smug look on his face says it all.

All four cops have been fired but that should not be all. As you all have said they should be charged with murder and accesory to murder.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 28, 2020 11:13 am

The cop who killed the guy deserves maximum sentence for murder, but the other cops don't, imo.

Were all the cops the same rank? If one of the other cops was of superior rank, he deserves to go to jail.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu May 28, 2020 12:18 pm

Remember, the cops were fired because the murder was filmed. Now take a moment to think about all the murders committed by the police with no witnesses in sight.

I think all of our countries have their fair share of police brutality, but the US certainly takes the cake as the most brutal one.

The man wasn't resisting arrest and he was begging to be allowed to breathe, and that barbaric SOB is pressing his knee into his neck like it was nothing?!

I agree with those of you who think firing them is not enough. They deserve to be punished, especially the one who killed the man.

Maximum sentence please.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 28, 2020 12:32 pm

Yeps, its not that police brutality is getting worse in America. Its just getting filmed more. Imagine how many times things like these happened only without someone filming them. Then they have free rein to write BS like resisting arrest in the official police report (which they also did this time).
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 28, 2020 12:41 pm

It's not for shits and giggles that black activists in the 60s and 70s became militant and started to arm themselves

in a way, there might be no other way to look at it than you're fighting a war against bad guys who want to kill you, and these bad guys are the police
because it's very obvious that the police is an organization that not coincidentally, but intrinsically, attracts and breeds racist murderers

not just in the US
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu May 28, 2020 2:24 pm

The police force needs to be kept in check because they often use way more power than they are and should be allowed to and that is indeed a universal problem.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 28, 2020 4:04 pm

I've got a lot of friends that live in Minneapolis. Crazy what's going on

The rage is palpable. This feels different. It feels like Trayvon Martin again. Media is a bit more silent though because of how much coverage coronavirus is getting
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 28, 2020 8:03 pm

Let's not overreact and project. It's like saying all Muslims are terrorists because extremist Islamic groups are terrorists.

I know quite a few police in the US. They are mostly perfectly good and normal people. The ones that have gone crazy developed that trait on the job from what I've seen... for example, a friend of mine from High School became LAPD and worked some rough neighborhoods (South Central, East LA, etc.). He became bigoted from his environment from what I could tell. Unfortunately, every single person that shot at him (happened a few times) were minorities. So he developed a stereotype bred from his personal experience. It's almost a coping and survival mechanism.

It also depends on the precinct. For example, I know that the Baltimore police department is plain racist for the most part, pure and simple. They literally have KKK as police officers lol.

Big country. 350 million people. I don't think police brutality here is so bad. I saw it just as bad if not worse in both France and Italy.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu May 28, 2020 8:09 pm

I agree that it's a few bad apples.

But the full saying is "a few bad apples spoil the bunch". When there's these racist, murderous police officers in positions of power and they kill civilians, then everyone is involved is equally bad imo when they don't speak and act out against it. The fact that "good" police officers cover shit like up makes them automatically bad.

I just don't understand how this can continue like this.

And it's not just the police that's a problem. It's also prosecutors who refuse to hold them murderers accountable. Prosecutors like VP-candidate Amy Klobuchar.

She's very much at fault for the murder of George Floyd:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 28, 2020 8:32 pm

It's not the good ones that are covering up for the bad ones...  it's the culture where, if you talk to internal affairs, you're a snitch/rat.  Nobody trusts you anymore.  

It's like the military.  Different rules than civilians. Chain of command is absolute.

It's up to the leadership to bring change, not the rank and file imo.  And again, there's no appetite in the US to change the police system as it mostly works.  Crime rates are at all time lows:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191219/reported-violent-crime-rate-in-the-usa-since-1990/
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 28, 2020 9:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:That police officer committed straight murder and the other officers were accessories to the crime... they deserve everything that's coming to them.
we've watched this movie play out before, grand jury acquitting him on some technicality
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 28, 2020 9:54 pm

Are there any details on the firing? A lot of these situations had officers put on paid leave in actuality in the past.

The mayor's response was good though this time.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri May 29, 2020 6:06 am

So it’s very likely the murderer actually knew George Floyd. This makes it premeditated

https://kstp.com/news/george-floyd-fired-officer-overlapped-security-shifts-at-south-minneapolis-club-may-28-2020/5743990/
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri May 29, 2020 10:15 am

sportsczy wrote:I don't think police brutality here is so bad. I saw it just as bad if not worse in both France and Italy.

this is debatable imo

US police kill a disproportionate amount of people, that is violence. But I guess that circles back to the fact that guns are allowed while they should be banned.

But a civilized country should be way past those wild west numbers.

USA gun violence thread - Page 40 20141213_USC577
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri May 29, 2020 1:34 pm

Lots of thoughts on what's going on in Minneapolis. I'll keep them as concise as I can:

- If you support the protests, but not the riots, that's fine just so long as you understand why the riots are happening. It's not just because some folks saw an opportunity to loot and destroy shit. Riots happen when the concerns of a community are not heard and acted upon. You don't have to support it, but at least understand it.

- There is no such thing as a "good police officer" to me. Good police officers would not have allowed George Floyd to die the way he did. Instead they just watched or actively participated. Bad cops get away with this because they know no one will hold them accountable unless it's caught on camera. Until this changes, they're all bad cops to me. There is no middle ground here.

- Normally, I'd feel better about the FBI being involved here, but I don't. So many cops have gotten away with murdering black people, even with video evidence. Botham Jean was murdered in his own home by a police officer who mistook it for hers.....and she got a slap on the wrist and a hug from the judge (As well as a hug from Jean's brother). Eric Garner was choked out and killed by police and the Department of Justice declined to try his murderer. I could go on and on of black people being killed by cops and those cops getting away with it. You think the rioting is bad now? Watch what will happen if these 4 are not convicted and given lengthy sentences.

- Why haven't US police been better trained to prevent shit like this from happening? Simple. Police unions are extremely powerful and influential. Politicians from mayors to governors to senators even presidents often don't get where they are without the support of these unions. As such, the unions protect the police departments from true accountability, allowing them to police their populaces however way they feel they should be able to, resulting in what we've seen over and over again. This will never end until the power these unions have over politicians is broken.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri May 29, 2020 2:47 pm

I have often wondered why when there are peaceful protests over legitimate injustices, (almost always) looters and riots appear suddenly out of thin air to discredit the whole movement and give those who are behind those injustices an excuse to ignore the peaceful protesters and make the public eye do the same as well.

-------

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=42371
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down