Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by RealGunner on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:36 pm

ES wrote:
Spoiler:
He's not that far off from the BBimo, but better than TB is cutting it close, she was BB's mentor, people regard highly and claim her as one of the greatest soldier to ever live.

BB defeated the Cobra Unit, Volgin, Revolver Ocelot, went toe to toe with prime Frank Jaeger, Sahelnthropus and ZEKE.

In terms of accomplishments BB definitely, but Solid Snake in morality (ironic considering he's one ofthe terrible children). Big Boss may have been bested by Solid Snake once, but he will always live in the shadow of BB. Solid is what BB should have been, and Big Boss hinted to this at the end of MGS4.  


Spoiler:
V faced Sahelnthropus tbh and not BB.  

Both Solid and Liquid will live under the shadow of BB anyways. But IMO Solid surpassed BB as a soldier. Agreed that he is what BB was supposed to be but he actually went ahead of that.

I guess we'll never know how good the Boss actually was. Eventhough she is the mentor of BB, you can never be sure she was the ultimate GOAT.


RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Posts : 77542
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by Kaladin on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:44 pm

Spoiler:
I'm curious tbh, if we'll ever get to play/see TB's exploits in WW2 (and the Cobra unit). I feel like they can flesh her story a bit, how she came to be a such. Would definitely pick it up if it was a novel was made

_________________
avatar
Kaladin
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 21055
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by RealGunner on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:48 pm

Spoiler:


Was just talking to my mate earlier

I don't think they should make a game based on her at all. Her legend as it is is great enough. When you actually play as her in a new game then I don't know if it will be a good thing or not.

There is nothing left in MGS series to tell now anyways. I'd definitely buy the game if they are going to base it on TB, but I hope they don't make one.

avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 77542
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by RealGunner on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:01 pm

New patch

Spoiler:

:bow:
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 77542
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by M99 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:03 pm

http://i.imgur.com/3HxrFJl.jpg

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 26379
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by RealGunner on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:04 pm

THE PHANTOM PAINT LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


DEAD AF
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 77542
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by Freeza on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Just started it, played some 4 hours I think. Shit at stealthing. Never played these games before.

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 16730
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by Firenze on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:16 pm

@Freeza wrote:Just started it, played some 4 hours I think. Shit at stealthing. Never played these games before.


I was exactly the same, after 10-15 hours you'll be able to infiltrate missions in like a minute, well, most of the time

you don't even need to be stealthy that's the thing, can approach missions however you want unless the objectives specifically make you go in undetected
avatar
Firenze
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24048
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by Freeza on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:19 pm

@Firenze wrote:
@Freeza wrote:Just started it, played some 4 hours I think. Shit at stealthing. Never played these games before.


I was exactly the same, after 10-15 hours you'll be able to infiltrate missions in like a minute, well, most of the time

you don't even need to be stealthy that's the thing, can approach missions however you want unless the objectives specifically make you go in undetected


Well, I can do it. I only get one or two of five objective every time though.

I'll probably get the hang of it.

That prologue though, never seen a cutscene that long before Laughing

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 16730
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by RealGunner on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:21 pm

First ever MGS?

avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 77542
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by Freeza on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:21 pm

@RealGunner wrote:First ever MGS?



Yeah, got it because you guys said it was great hmm

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 16730
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by RealGunner on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:23 pm

If you aren't fan of cutscenes then you would have hated mgs4 lol.



Still hoping they make few movies. Would be impossible though. It'd be low budget which would suck since it requires heavy CGI.
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 77542
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by Kaladin on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:24 pm

@M99 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/3HxrFJl.jpg


Dead

_________________
avatar
Kaladin
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 21055
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by Freeza on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:29 pm

@RealGunner wrote:If you aren't fan of cutscenes then you would have hated mgs4 lol.



Still hoping they make few movies. Would be impossible though. It'd be low budget which would suck since it requires heavy CGI.


You could make this at a 60-70m budgets I'd think. The real killer is really the actors sometimes.

Warcraft only has a 100m$ budget

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 16730
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by RealGunner on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:30 pm

Doesnt matter how much I try, i can never go all out attack on MGS. even in shitty side ops, use stealth 90% of the time Sad

avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 77542
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by RealGunner on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:31 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:If you aren't fan of cutscenes then you would have hated mgs4 lol.



Still hoping they make few movies. Would be impossible though. It'd be low budget which would suck since it requires heavy CGI.


You could make this at a 60-70m budgets I'd think. The real killer is really the actors sometimes.

Warcraft only has a 100m$ budget


And the film looks great from the trailers. But Warcraft has a massive fanbase so it will be easier to make a profit.

MGS will require about 100+ actors and at least 4 films to cover up a 25+ years of story.

Maybe an animated film hmm
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 77542
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:34 pm

MGS is a film lol, there's no need to reach for film adaptions to search for relevance. Feel the same way about the TLOU film.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 60973
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by Freeza on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:36 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@Freeza wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:If you aren't fan of cutscenes then you would have hated mgs4 lol.



Still hoping they make few movies. Would be impossible though. It'd be low budget which would suck since it requires heavy CGI.


You could make this at a 60-70m budgets I'd think. The real killer is really the actors sometimes.

Warcraft only has a 100m$ budget


And the film looks great from the trailers. But Warcraft has a massive fanbase so it will be easier to make a profit.

MGS will require about 100+ actors and at least 4 films to cover up a 25+ years of story.

Maybe an animated film hmm


It would never be a straight adaptation of it anyways. Just like Warcraft it could be a somewhat adaptation of a story that fits the film. Snake would be weird to have on a film, since he's basically a stolen John Carpenter character anyways

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 16730
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by M99 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:37 pm

Don't think Freeza will like it at all. Imo MGS 5 is not really for non MGS fans, only thing appealing about it is the GOAT gameplay.

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 26379
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:39 pm

@M99 wrote:Don't think Freeza will like it at all. Imo MGS 5 is not really for non MGS fans, only thing appealing about it is the GOAT gameplay.


You keep saying this but the general reaction to the game says otherwise.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 60973
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by RealGunner on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:40 pm

Think Kojima got the idea of many characters from old films. He is a film fanatic
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 77542
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by Freeza on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:42 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Think Kojima got the idea of many characters from old films. He is a film fanatic


The idea? He straight up stole it Laughing John Carpenter didn't mind though, he thinks that Kojima fella is a top lad


_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 16730
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by RealGunner on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:45 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@M99 wrote:Don't think Freeza will like it at all. Imo MGS 5 is not really for non MGS fans, only thing appealing about it is the GOAT gameplay.


You keep saying this but the general reaction to the game says otherwise.


Well this game is hated more by the MGS fans and loved more by the non-MGS fans, but the game is mostly intended for MGS fans because of the story.

But then, can't remember there being any MGS game universally liked by MGS fans (:

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:MGS is a film lol, there's no need to reach for film adaptions to search for relevance. Feel the same way about the TLOU film.


It's not as simple as that. I guess there isn't a need for a film adaptation but the whole series could be represented better in the form of a film. TLOU is a simple story which needs nothing more than one game. It took Kojima about 7 odd games over 25 years to try and join up the MGS story which still isn't fully represented properly since it's so complex and convoluted.




avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 77542
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by RealGunner on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:46 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:Think Kojima got the idea of many characters from old films. He is a film fanatic


The idea? He straight up stole it Laughing John Carpenter didn't mind though, he thinks that Kojima fella is a top lad



lmaoooooooooooooo rofl

Not sure if you have met Revolver Ocelot yet but he is another character Kojima took from the western films. He always admits it though.
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 77542
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by RealGunner on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:50 pm

Which film is that btw? might watch it. And if you've seen it, is it good?
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 77542
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Part II

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:51 pm

How RG? A film is at max 3 hours long, you can't represent anywhere close what you want to in that time.

The cutscenes in the game >>>> film. It's the same reason why TV Series are better than films tbh, you got longer to develop the story and the characters. There's nothing you can get from a film which you don't already get from the game.

In general games searching for mainstream acceptance with films sicken me, they don't need to go hollywood to be socially accepted lol.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 60973
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum