Kick
teamanarchy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
26 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Daniel Sturridge to NUFC  - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Sturridge to NUFC

Post by fatman123 Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:51 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Terry made into Chelsea team before Roman came in.And Lampard was bought from west ham as an established player for 11mil.As SUPERCARTTS said Chelsea have zero trust in their youth players and wont allow them to develop.

Do Chelsea fans even know who was the last chelsea player to came through Chelsea academy and establish into the first team?Even Terry was bought from west ham as a youth player.

terry moved to chelsea in 1995, thats 16 years ago and hes 30 now
so 30-16=14
lets not pick at straws here he moved when he was 14, although i must say i didnt know that

fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:55 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
What made me piss myself was the reports that claimed Sturridge would go back out on loan if they signed Lukaku- how does that even make any fecking sense?!

Sturridge is proven, whereas Lukaku is some beastly kid from Belgium- but yet they're prepared to put trust in an untested kid over a now proven player in Sturridge. Oh shit, just realsed what it was...Lukaku is going to cost near £20m whereas Sturridge was a freebe Rolling Eyes

and this
this i agree with 1000000000000%
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:59 pm

fatman123 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Terry made into Chelsea team before Roman came in.And Lampard was bought from west ham as an established player for 11mil.As SUPERCARTTS said Chelsea have zero trust in their youth players and wont allow them to develop.

Do Chelsea fans even know who was the last chelsea player to came through Chelsea academy and establish into the first team?Even Terry was bought from west ham as a youth player.

so 30-16=14
lets not pick at straws here he moved when he was 14, although i must say i didnt know that

Clutching at straws? We cant be claiming Sterling as an academy player if he establish in the first team in future.They are good youth prospects picked from other academies.

I am talking about players coming through Chelsea academy.Gerrard and Owen for us Wilshere for Arsenal and Giggs and Scholes for United.Not about players who are picked from other academies.

All i am asking is who is the last chelsea player player to came through your academy and establish into the first team?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:04 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

so 30-16=14

Clutching at straws? We cant be claiming Sterling as an academy player if he establish in the first team in future.They are good youth prospects picked from other academies.

I am talking about players coming through Chelsea academy.Gerrard and Owen for us Wilshere for Arsenal and Giggs and Scholes for United.Not about players who are picked from other academies.

All i am asking is who is the last chelsea player player to came through your academy and establish into the first team?

well i know Ray Wilkins was a youth product but he left in '79 so ud think surely theres someone between 79' and now, but then again it is chelsea
ill try look into it a bit more but tbh i dont know
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:12 pm

a quick flick through wiki and the mst recent player i can find who played for more then 6 seasons after coming through ONLY the chelsea youth academy was Eddie Newton, a DM who played for the blues from 1990-99

a sad stat that one

fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:42 pm

Messi and Pedro are considered youth products of Barcelona even though they moved in from different academies, Raul joined Real Madrid from the then defunct Atletico cantera. Puyol joined Barcelona at the age of 17.

Just a few examples of homegrown players.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Laughing @ this thread.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:56 pm

buddytaller wrote:Messi and Pedro are considered youth products of Barcelona even though they moved in from different academies, Raul joined Real Madrid from the then defunct Atletico cantera. Puyol joined Barcelona at the age of 17.

ahh well you can kick eddie newton back out the window, for as long as Puyol is a barca youth product JT is a chelsea youth product
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:58 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
SUPERCARTTS wrote:The most important thing is that Chelsea have zero trust in their youth players. It's all a smoke screen; Chelsea will continue to pay over the odds for players. FACT!

John Terry(No need to explain)... Carlton Cole(Can be a great striker on his day, inconsistent though)... Glen Johnson(doing very well at Liverpool)... Frank Lampard(He was quite young when we got him)...

New lads on the way, Josh McEachran, Parick Van Aanholt, Jeffrey Bruma, Gael Kakuta, Ryan Bertrand... Rolling Eyes

Down wind me up! Besides John Terry, it's kind of hard to justify the others. Cole made 25 apps in 6 seasons; Johnson made 41 apps in 4 season; Lampard is the only one to justified his position.

Those new lads don't get a sniff. They've been at Chelsea long enough to at least taste Carling Cup action, right? Wrong! They've been loaned out left right and centre. Mancienne got smoked blown up his arse year after year now he's playing for Hamburg Thumbs up Don't let me have to reel of all the "lads" Arnesen brought in for millions of pounds. Complete failure right there!

ok I'm talking about Chelsea youth products, not Chelsea youth who just made it to Chelsea first team and got established. Carlton Cole is an important member for West Ham atm.. ok he might not be great but he is pretty good tbh. Glen is also an important part of Liverpool, they were all Chelsea academy products.

Those new lads didnt get a sniff because Carlo Ancelotti was not going to look at them, he put his faith mostly on established players. If you have ever been to the Chelsea section you might have seen it, we were all against him not using youths. I myself created a thread saying that he should leave if he doesn't intend to use youth players. And Chelsea youth teams have done well in most competitions... I can go through the statistics if needed. I'm just talking through my memory. Kakuta has not been upto the expected standards, i agree with that. But hopefully he gets his act right within the next two years.

Agree about Mancienne as well, he had too much competition and had to leave in the end. But he is still a player for England under 23 squad. If he finds a proper club he might become more than average.

Plus Mr. Abramovich has invested heavily in the youth academy. Getting new staff, scouts and etc. I agree that we are not great in our developing of youths, we are still way off the grid when compared with the likes of Barca, Ajax, Arsenal and etc. But we are getting better...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:06 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
SUPERCARTTS wrote:The most important thing is that Chelsea have zero trust in their youth players. It's all a smoke screen; Chelsea will continue to pay over the odds for players. FACT!

John Terry(No need to explain)... Carlton Cole(Can be a great striker on his day, inconsistent though)... Glen Johnson(doing very well at Liverpool)... Frank Lampard(He was quite young when we got him)...

New lads on the way, Josh McEachran, Parick Van Aanholt, Jeffrey Bruma, Gael Kakuta, Ryan Bertrand... Rolling Eyes

Terry made into Chelsea team before Roman came in.And Lampard was bought from west ham as an established player for 11mil.As SUPERCARTTS said Chelsea have zero trust in their youth players and wont allow them to develop.

Okay was talking generally.. not considering Abra era itself. I honestly didnt know about the Terry being at West Ham before Chelsea.. Suspect but still 14 is a young age dontcha think?
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:08 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:Chelsea fans are full of it, mate. Gael Kakuta will go down as another failure.

What made me piss myself was the reports that claimed Sturridge would go back out on loan if they signed Lukaku- how does that even make any fecking sense?!

Sturridge is proven, whereas Lukaku is some beastly kid from Belgium- but yet they're prepared to put trust in an untested kid over a now proven player in Sturridge. Oh shit, just realsed what it was...Lukaku is going to cost near £20m whereas Sturridge was a freebe Rolling Eyes

Gael has time on his side... he doesn't need to be a Messi... a Robben is better tbh Very Happy

And about the Lukaku replacing Sturridge, its all BS mate. As u said, it doesn't make sense. And I highly doubt that AVB even wants to get Lukaku...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:09 pm

fatman123 wrote:
buddytaller wrote:Messi and Pedro are considered youth products of Barcelona even though they moved in from different academies, Raul joined Real Madrid from the then defunct Atletico cantera. Puyol joined Barcelona at the age of 17.

ahh well you can kick eddie newton back out the window, for as long as Puyol is a barca youth product JT is a chelsea youth product

lol Twisted Evil
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:14 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
ok I'm talking about Chelsea youth products, not Chelsea youth who just made it to Chelsea first team and got established. Carlton Cole is an important member for West Ham atm.. ok he might not be great but he is pretty good tbh. Glen is also an important part of Liverpool, they were all Chelsea academy products.

How on earth is Glen Johnson Chelsea youth product? Thats just nonsense.He is a west ham youth product.Whats next Ronaldo is a youth product of United ? Laughing
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:14 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

How on earth is Glen Johnson Chelsea youth product? Thats just nonsense.He is a west ham youth product.Whats next Ronaldo is a youth product of United ? Laughing

ok Glen was a bit of a stretch... but he was what? 19 or something when he signed with Chelsea... and nope Ronaldo aint a United youth product Razz
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:21 pm

What's this talk about Chelsea failing with youth products?

Sturridge is'nt even a Chelsea youth product LOL

Now get back to discussing this.......

HBA-Sturridge

Daniel Sturridge to NUFC  - Page 3 Tiger-woods-jizzed
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:24 pm

Did anything even begin, or just Toon Speculation?

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:27 pm

Andres Iniesta wrote:Did anything even begin, or just Toon Speculation?

We want him, its just whether Chelsea will let it happen, i hope they do Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:29 pm

LOL at JT not being a Chelsea product.

He wasn't even a defender when he came to Chelsea ffs, West ham used him as a midfielder.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Andres Iniesta wrote:Did anything even begin, or just Toon Speculation?

We want him, its just whether Chelsea will let it happen, i hope they do Very Happy

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad no Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Supercartts

You support Arsenal mate? Laughing

How has your youth policy been doing over the past 6-7 years? Surely you'll know a thing or two about youth flops. Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:46 pm

so please, tell me, how many of your youth products are 1st teamers atm ?

we have about 5 1st teamers who all played for our youth team, reserve team and then the 1st team. With 4 others on the bench

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:56 pm

The only home grown Arsenal player I know of who starts on a regular basis is Jack Wilshere, the rest have made 10 or less starts for the first team. That is about the same number Chelsea has.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:so please, tell me, how many of your youth products are 1st teamers atm ?

we have about 5 1st teamers who all played for our youth team, reserve team and then the 1st team. With 4 others on the bench

And how far have they gotten you?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:04 pm

thats not the point is it ?

or you are basically saying chelsea dont care about youth players because they are more interested in winning trophies with established players

is that what ur saying ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:thats not the point is it ?

or you are basically saying chelsea dont care about youth players because they are more interested in winning trophies with established players

is that what ur saying ?

I'm saying Supercartts has a failed argument. He can mock us about having only JT in the first team but it doesn't really make a difference when your own youths don't make a difference in getting trophies and competing for the top 2. Our youths are good enough but they are all 19 or under and so they don't have adequate experience for the first team. But Sturridge was bought at 19 but now at 21 he's 99% certain to start for us next season, so we do care about them obviously.

But of course if the objective is to make a star player just so that you can sell him for 40m so that you can repay your stadium debt then I'm totally with you.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:11 pm

RealGunner wrote:thats not the point is it ?

is that what ur saying ?

basically we have one player from the academy.. so does Arsenal.. and supercatts is being a hypocrite to point out that Chelsea has a bad academy and etc.. and he started this over some BS rumour over Lukaku replacing Sturridge.. which is insane IMO Razz
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next