titosantill
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
30 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Cristiano as CF - Page 2 Empty Re: Cristiano as CF

Post by chad4401 Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:20 pm

its amazing that clear mediocre performances like these, is being treated more than such, cr as cf is average can't even sort his feet out quickly enough for a proper finish ffs rofl, he is not a natural that why he spam shots in the first place.

this reasoning is from the same place where isco was considered a false 9 once, cause he scored couple flukey goals and he dribbles well, but mainly because you hate benzema, this is just another example of "any player not named benzema gonna give madrid the edge" nick argument, and im the biased one Laughing,  lets end the discussion here.

@tito cr averages a goal a game now? it doesn't matter where he plays cause the team still doesn't win shit thanks to him, so that why this whole discussion about the mediocre games is hilarious and pointless.

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:01 pm

We don't win trophies because of Cristiano ? That's a new one
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:08 pm

Yes. He's the reason why we haven't won as many trophies as we expected. Yes, he scores over 50 goals every single season, but that's not enough. He also needs to be good at maths, swimming and palm reading.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:21 pm

You know, Chad has a serious beef with Ronaldo which I am yet to fully understand but this time, I would side with him. Ronaldo's CF performances are quite mediocre particularly for a World Class footballer such as him.

That being said, he was, is and would never be a CF, just not in him but that's ok. He is best used elsewhere. As long as he scores goals needed to win matches, I reckon I'll be ok with that.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:56 am

him averaging 21 goals in 25 as a cf would be considered mediocre for him, considering that he scores more than a goal a game. if he played 25 games in that position, he won't execute one-touch passes, he won't link up play, he won't dribble past defenders (benzema doesn't necessarily dribble either, unless he is absolutely forced to), he probably won't make timely passes, but if anyone thinks his goal ratio will take a significant nose dive, then you must be smoking something....i don't want him in that role though, and i don't think anyone at the club does, not even him. if they want to replace benzema, they'll sign a striker. its that simple

so chad you need to quit worrying, we don't have the power on gl to drop benzema and move cr to cf. and if benzema is as good as you suggest he is, you'd let his football be his best defense rather than assuming that any player on the squad regardless of position, who people might want to see start automatically means benzema should be dropped...u've gone at isco, james, cristiano, and now casemiro, ultimately cos u've felt they are threats. if you feel the striker is that good, then attacking midfielders nor dm's regardless of the formation put out should never be a threat to his starting slot. barcelona fans don't get bothered that if say iniesta or arda or whoever gets into the lineup suarez or neymar might be benched...unless you're not fully confident in him that you feel the need to always defend him. let his play on the pitch do the talking.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:31 pm

chad4401 wrote:its amazing that clear mediocre performances like these, is being treated more than such, cr as cf is average can't even sort his feet out quickly enough for a proper finish ffs rofl, he is not a natural that why he spam shots in the first place.

this reasoning is from the same place where isco was considered a false 9 once, cause he scored couple flukey goals and he dribbles well, but mainly because you hate benzema, this is just another example of "any player not named benzema gonna give madrid the edge" nick argument, and im the biased one Laughing,  lets end the discussion here.

@tito cr averages a goal a game now? it doesn't matter where he plays cause the team still doesn't win shit thanks to him, so that why this whole discussion about the mediocre games is hilarious and pointless.

FFS!! Not everything is about dropping Benzema

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:46 pm

at the highest level cr9 is garbage, zero hold up play, zero link up play, zero strength and zero runs rofl

nick you don't know crap about footy stick hyping you casual.... goal machine rofl.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:26 am

ah yes the personal attacks, now we have it all. you know what's funny, it's the fact at no point i gave my opinion about whether Ronaldo was playing well or not. I just argued that scoring is the most important thing for a CF.

But then again, your ability to comprehend written information is about as low as a cricket's ass.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:11 am

personal attack? how is stating the obvious a personal attack?

your opinions are casual based, edge this and spark that, goal machine this and killer that, (silly little paper talk you hold as gospel) nothing to do with whats on happening on the pitch, just calling you out after all the gibberish you were spewing, turn off the hyperbole, watch the games properly and stop talking up a storm like you have a clue bruh.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:02 am

the only opinion that i expresses here was that scoring goals is paramount for a CF, but hey, i will try to emulate you then Chadito, you are a great lad, top top top poster Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:30 am

The bigger question is whether he scores goals from CF positions and if the team goals benefit from his play at CF.... it's all about the team to me. So if Ronaldo gets his goals, which he will regardless, and the team doesn't function properly in part due to his play at CF... then the goals mean very little.

You don't need to score 50 goals a season to be the best CF... R9, Van Basten, Batigol, etc. were far far better CFs then guys like Mueller, Hugo Sanchez, etc. yet didn't have the goal stats of the later.

It's hard to explain... but my point is that there's a whole lot more to playing CF than goals. But a CF needs to score a baseline number of goals just because of the nature of his position.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:19 pm

sports stop wasting your time with nick and his casual outlook which is always wrong, blah blah blah goals=playing well, that why  isco who with zero key passes, would be a better AM than ozil for him Laughing, who needs to understand their positions when you can fluke in a goal or 2 right rofl, stop embarrassing yourself so casually Proud.

you know whats really funny about this forum? if benzema played like cr been doing, this whole forum would be ripping him into shreds, more proof that some are more concerned with the names on the jersey than the performances, that why a lot of opinions on this forum is selective and thus garbage.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:32 pm

sportsczy wrote:The bigger question is whether he scores goals from CF positions and if the team goals benefit from his play at CF.... it's all about the team to me. So if Ronaldo gets his goals, which he will regardless, and the team doesn't function properly in part due to his play at CF... then the goals mean very little.

You don't need to score 50 goals a season to be the best CF... R9, Van Basten, Batigol, etc. were far far better CFs then guys like Mueller, Hugo Sanchez, etc. yet didn't have the goal stats of the later.

It's hard to explain... but my point is that there's a whole lot more to playing CF than goals. But a CF needs to score a baseline number of goals just because of the nature of his position.

Well the team doesn't benift at all, him playing there is a disater, like you said he will manage to score a few goals, but neither him nor the team are confortable, why don't we give a serious chance to Mayoral?

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:51 pm

I'm a little confused, is this thread about Cristiano Ronaldo or Benzema? Cause there's a certain someone who always seems eager to bring up Benzema regardless of the topic being discussed.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:48 pm

If Chad is in the discussion it is automatically about Benzema. Lol. Things never change

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:08 pm

Funny how of lately even when even the goalkeepers are discussed on the Real Madrid section someone has to bring Benzy into it.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:07 am

Makes me a bit flattered. Benzema's mother is from oran. Therefore he's probably like my 6th cousin or something
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:21 am

The only thing Ronaldo does decently as a CF is score goals, other than that he's trash. Lately his link up play and holding as been better but compared to quality strikers its laughable. Putting him at CF makes him a lot easier to defend also since the space there is very crowded. CR7 at the wing opens up tons of space for others players on the pitch just by being present

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:36 pm

Ronaldo as a CF is a non starter. He doesn't want to play there and team / coach doesn't want him there.

He plays there when the "starter CF" is not available and since Flo / Benitez decided to go with only one CF there, then by default Ronaldo is the reserve CF. He doesn't naturally fill the role but he does it adequately when called upon. The team would be better off having a natural reserve CF i.e. like a Morata, but there are those that say you won't get a player like that that is content to be a backup. So given the abundance of forwards on this team, it's only natural that one of them (Isco, Jese, Lucas or Denis) comes on in place of Benz and Ronaldo moves to the CF position.

This is not a permanent move, nor does it in any way diminish Benzema (but his new legal problems just may do that).

I think a more interesting debate is who will play when everyone is healthy again. I think the past month has shown we are better off with a midfield of Modric, Casemiro, Kroos. So which 2 have to go to the bench; Isco, James, Bale, Ronaldo or Benzema?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:45 pm

The reason why C RONALDO score lots of goals is because he is a completed striker, he doesnt have problems with recieving a pass as a target striker, he doesnt have problem with creating a chance for himself outside of the box as a #10

He can do #9, #7, #11, #10
He doesnt have a problem with because uses both legs , has good strength, stamina, agility, ball control, finishing
In fact C RONALDO is a better target striker than lewandowski

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:36 pm

no he is not lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:30 pm

lucianomoggi wrote:The reason why C RONALDO score lots of goals is because he is a completed striker, he doesnt have problems with recieving a pass as a target striker, he doesnt have problem with creating a chance for himself outside of the box as a #10

He can do #9, #7, #11, #10
He doesnt have a problem with because uses both legs , has good strength, stamina, agility, ball control, finishing
In fact C RONALDO is a better target striker than lewandowski

Cocaine is one helluva drug.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:32 pm

sportsczy wrote:The bigger question is whether he scores goals from CF positions and if the team goals benefit from his play at CF.... it's all about the team to me. So if Ronaldo gets his goals, which he will regardless, and the team doesn't function properly in part due to his play at CF... then the goals mean very little.

Laughing I hope you mean Thomas Muller and not Gerd Muller because that would be *bleep* ridiculous. Gerd Muller as a CF is better than both R9 and van Basten, scored more goals, scored more important goals, was a better finisher and got more assists than both of them Laughing

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:34 pm

Yes he is

This is how i identify the advanced players
1. There are players who try to serve the ball
2. There are players who receive the ball and FINISH

Benzema and Ronaldo are more like Finishers

But C RONALDO HAS lots of qualities
He can do a DI MARIA role if he wants to
He can do a LEWANDOWSKI role if he wants to
He can do a OZIL role if he wants to

It is because this player is completed , so he can play however he wants

The only thing i may he unsure about C RONALDO is how good is when it comes to through-pass but lately i have seen him improved on that too

LEWANDOWSKI maybe has more physical strength
But C RONALDO has nore psychological STRENGTH, he is more of a warrior, he wins duels better so a result he score more goals inside the box

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:35 pm

lucianomoggi wrote:Yes he is

This is how i identify the advanced players
1. There are players who try to serve the ball
2. There are players who receive the ball and FINISH

Benzema and Ronaldo are more like Finishers

But C RONALDO HAS lots of qualities
He can do a OZIL role if he wants to

It is because this player is completed , so he can play however he wants

The only thing i may he unsure about C RONALDO is how good is when it comes to through-pass but lately i have seen him improved on that too

LEWANDOWSKI maybe has more physical strength
But C RONALDO has nore psychological STRENGTH, he is more of a warrior, he wins duels better so a result he score more goals inside the box

Cristiano as CF - Page 2 Giphy
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:38 pm

lucianomoggi wrote:But C RONALDO HAS lots of qualities