Sri
Jay29
urbaNRoots
El Gunner
RealGunner
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arsenal Vs Dinamo Zagreb [Champions League] - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Dinamo Zagreb [Champions League]

Post by MJ Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Supremely impressed with Campbell tonight. Maybe he does have what it takes to make it here after all. Showed tremendous vision to find Alexis for the third goal, well executed and it was no fluke as he was dangerous from anywhere he could angle a pass with his left foot from.

Özil and Alexis have formed the understanding we all dreamed they would, really FIFAesque at times.

Could have been 7-0 tonight.

Chambers was horrendous in his DM cameo.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs Dinamo Zagreb [Champions League] - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Dinamo Zagreb [Champions League]

Post by Sri Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Monreal and Santi were immense too - really loved their performances.

I can totally see a 1 goal win in Greece incoming now Laughing Would be what we have been doing all these years - being 1 goal away from the next round in the last few minutes of the round and not getting it Laughing

In the off chance that we do make it out, we'll face one of the table toppers : Real Madrid (/PSG), (Eindhoven), Benfica (/Atletico), (Juve), Barcelona, (Porto), Zenit.

If any of the other English clubs top their groups, that takes the likes of Eindhoven/Porto/Juve out, leaving us with some opponents who can really give us a royal hiding Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:20 pm

Let's not forget Zagreb are terrible.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:20 pm

Oh my god you just know we're going to get Barcelona if we make it. Laughing

May the gods be with us. The old and the new.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:25 pm

Great game from the Arsenal.

We played with such clever movement and speed. I wish Alexis would play with more often with freedom like tonight, Monreal's higher positiom on the pitch allowed him to move more off the ball which is key for him - we need to put him in front of goal as much as we can. Özil/Ramsey/Cazorla can otherwise worry about moving the ball around the box and be creative and leave Alexis/Giroud the goals.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:33 pm

No player loses the ball more than Alexis does though.
It's becoming sooooooo obvious what he will do when he gets the ball, I'm suprised that more opposing players just don't stay on his right side and leave the line completely open. Sanchez will still cut back inside Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:35 pm

El Gunner wrote:No player loses the ball more than Alexis does though.
It's becoming sooooooo obvious what he will do when he gets the ball, I'm suprised that more opposing players just don't stay on his right side and leave the line completely open. Sanchez will still cut back inside Laughing

Does it really matter if he loses the ball more often than other players?

Hazard basically never loses the ball but I'd have Sanchez over him anyday.

Alexis' contribution goes way beyond dribbling skills and close control.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:38 pm

I'm just saying that can be avoided if he tries to run the line more often. You know, it wouldn't kill him if he tries it a few times a game.

In fact, it gives him more options and puts doubts in the opposing players' mind
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:47 pm

El Gunner wrote:I'm just saying that can be avoided if he tries to run the line more often. You know, it wouldn't kill him if he tries it a few times a game.

In fact, it gives him more options and puts doubts in the opposing players' mind

Or he could continue playing as he is and we give more options by moving Monreal higher up the pitch and have a more mobile CF?

Robben has the same cut in move everytime but it's unpredictable because he has other players around moving and giving him options.

Of course he does become predictable when Monreal doesn't overlap, Giroud remains static and Ramsey doesn't make a run.

This is evident when Gibbs plays because he is always bombing forward or when Walcott starts as the CF.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:56 pm

I'm talking about his game though. Adding some mixture to his game.
The team can also benefit if he switches things up a bit. Like you said, Gibbs and Walcott is not always playing.

Although Monreal makes enough forward runs imo hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:59 pm

He doesn't really if you compare with other top fullbacks or even Bellerin.

Now I'm not suggesting Monreal go nuts and stay out of position half the time but he should take risks more often. Especially in away games, he hides too much.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:16 am

Each game I'm getting more concerned with Alexis and the inevitable period where he will burn out.

Him not coming off was the only negative today and hopefully with a fairly easy schedule coming up, he gets some games off.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:50 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Let's not forget Zagreb are terrible.

Still managed to lose to them. We can arguably be worse #fact :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:50 am

I was actually more afraid of Mesut being booked - him missing the game in Greece would pretty much mean it was over.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by forza.milan Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:07 am

Dinamo Zagreb have managed to triple the points they have won in the last 15 years in the UCL with their current campaign... with the 3 points they won against Arsenal Laughing Laughing
forza.milan
forza.milan
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:47 am

We're such a caring and helpful club Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2