CBarca
M99
Jonathan28
23 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by M99 Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:54 pm

Phritz wrote:Is it safe to assume we will never get games as hard as Brood War and Melee ever again?

Did you do the target practice on R&D platform in MGS5?

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:57 pm

I hope he doesn't mean Smash Bros Melee btw Laughing

What's hard about that lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:29 pm

Come at me GL Molenation
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:23 pm

Why's that a challenge, Garden Warfare was underrated as f***.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I hope he doesn't mean Smash Bros Melee btw Laughing

Mole and M99 plz

Rhythm games on extreme difficulties come close but something like Smash can't be memorized. Some Brood War Zerg players regularly hit 500+ APM in battles while the record is 808 APM.

Last edited by Phritz on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:25 pm

You ever played Arma 3 phritz?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:31 pm

Just the Breaking Poiunt mod. Which is probably the best Zombie survival mod/game around.

I get what you're saying. I guess what I mean is games that require you to make multiple decisions per second.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:35 pm

Nah it was a completely unrelated question lol. My mate rates arma 3 as one of the best games he has played. it looks absolutely huge as well.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:35 pm

Phritz wrote:Why's that a challenge, Garden Warfare was underrated as f***.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I hope he doesn't mean Smash Bros Melee btw Laughing

Mole and M99 plz

Rhythm games on extreme difficulties come close but something like Smash can't be memorized. Some Brood War Zerg players regularly hit 500+ APM in battles while the record is 808 APM.

Because there's a high skill level at the highest level doesn't mean it's tough to be good at hmm You say the same about CoD at a pro level tbh, doesn't mean it's a particularly hard game to be good at.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:12 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAfcVqJP9OA/

Snoop Molenation

@Jonathan28
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:18 pm

snoop needs to fix his rap game first
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:19 pm

That shit is beyond repair Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:24 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Phritz wrote:Why's that a challenge, Garden Warfare was underrated as f***.

Mole and M99 plz

Because there's a high skill level at the highest level doesn't mean it's tough to be good at hmm You say the same about CoD at a pro level tbh, doesn't mean it's a particularly hard game to be good at.

Thing is CoD isn't a high skill level game which is why it's not hard to be "good" at it, it's like a 3/10 where Battlefront 2015 is 1 and Quake/Arma 3 are 10's.

A noob can kill a pro in CoD, a noob will never kill a pro in Quake.

Same thing with Melee. A pro could 1v3 noobs with 5 stocks each and only having one of his own and still win.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Because someone is better than me doesn't mean the game is hard lol.

There's nothing hard about Melee you will never convince me of that, there's a difference between hard difficulty and high skill level due to deep gameplay mechanics.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:07 pm

You must get destroyed on a daily basis in Quake & Arma Phritz considering how disgustingly bad you are at a "noob" game like Battlefront (:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:54 am

Game: Hotel Dusk: Room 215.
Year: 2007.
Genre: Point and Click, Graphic Novel.
Publisher: Nintendo.
Developer: Cing.

General Games Discussion - Page 39 Cover_large

First things first, I am changing my rating system to better rate different genres according to their own rules. It will still be from 50 quality points, but every title will start from 25 and earn/lose points according to criteria important to the titles and genres themselves.

Hotel Dusk is Cing's second attempt at creating a different kind of game on the DS. Similar to their first game, Trace Memory, this is more a graphic novel than a game. However, while Trace Memory seemed like a tech demo of the kinds of game Cing wants to make, Hotel Dusk is a full fledged title.

Make no mistake, if you are not interested in reading in your games, then you won't be interested in Hotel Dusk. If so, you will be missing out on one hell of a story, a story that is expertly delivered and is one of the best of its type on the DS.

"The famous officer Hyde, a Salesman!"

You play as ex officer Kyle Hyde, a current salesman scouring 1970's California looking for clues regarding the whereabouts of his ex partner, Bradley. As you would expect from someone with the name Hyde, and the setting itself, you are controlling the archetype of Noir detective fiction. A gruff, gritty man, who is not as hard as he pretends to be.

When the game starts, Hyde finds himself looking for something in Hotel Dusk, but it becomes immediately apparent that the hotel hides many secrets, and it is up to him to uncover them all and shed the light on its mysterious connection to his past.

There are many characters in Hotel Dusk, ranging from Wonder Maid Rosa, to the pompous writer Summers. It is through conversation with these characters, and general detective work, that the story unfolds.

Due to the great characterization of the characters, and one heck of a written dialogue, the story unfolds easily, and it is not difficult believing these characters or caring form them. In fact, in the 12 hours I spent on Hotel Dusk, I felt curiously attached to these characters, and like I imagine Kyle Hyde felts, I wondered what would happen to them.

Because we are uncovering the past in this game, Cing were brave enough to obscure the future. We get a glimpse of whay may happen yet, but we do not know. There is always enough mystery, and a room for ambiguity, that the tale feels more authentic.

This is not a story about exposing grand criminal schemes, solving life's issues, or even resolving your central objective. Everyone in Hotel Dusk has ghosts in the past to deal with, but the unknown future holds its own ghosts as well.

Great Story: +5
Great Characters: +5
Great Dialogue: +5

"All alone in this sad ol' wreck of a hotel"

Like in Trace Memory, Hotel Dusk is composed of three parts. First, there is dialogue, which takes most of the game's running time. While there are certain choices you make, they are obvious enough, and the game progresses linearly.

Outside of dialogue, there is simple walking around and interacting with the environment for clues and stuff. Like any point and click game, this is not overly complicated, and is simply a way to play the detective.

Then there are the overly simple puzzles. In fact, the puzzles are so simple, that even when they don't work (due to to technical errors), they are not a pain at all.

Like Trace Memory, this is a wasted opportunity to truly craft an interactive element worthy of the story like games such as Ace Attorney and Professor Layton. The interactivity of Hotel Dusk is very basic, and it shouldn't have been like that.

Two late sections in the game, one featuring a locked room scenario, provided glimpses of how the game could have been better. There was actually a non-punishing fail state as well.

Failure is rare in the game, but with such hilarious failure dialogue "I won't tolerate insomniac creeps in my establishment", I wished there were more chances of that happening.

Limited Interactive Gameplay: -5

"Busier than a one-legged man in an ass kicken' contest"

Besides its written dialogue, Hotel Dusk manages to present its story wonderfully through its excellent art direction. Immediately, the pencil drawing effect on the character models will grab your attention.

It is as if the characters are being continuously drawn in front of your eyes, and as they animate, the effect only makes it better. It doesn't hurt that the characters are well designed, with realistic, and varied style.

Sure, there is no good reason for old Helen to have an eye patch (other than making way for the nickname "Grandma Patches"), but it looks cool. More than that, these characters are drawn like real people, with varied shapes and sizes.

Because of these characters, it is easy to forgive the bland 3D rendering of Hotel Dusk. Although I appreciate how realistic its layout is (it actually is more of an inn than a hotel).

As for the music, its Jazzy tunes and melodies fit the Noir style of the game. More than that, it accentuates the story scenes, and adds a layer of drama to compensate for the lack of voice acting in a game that would have benefited from it.

Drab graphics: -2
Great Character Design: +5
Good Soundtrack: +3

In Conclusion:

In their second attempt, Cing managed to outdo their first big time in nearly every way. In its genre, Hotel Dusk has one of the best stories, and strongest cast of characters to back it up. While it might not be as interactive as other greats in the DS library, Hotel Dusk demands attention by virtue of its writing alone.

I am not sure those who are looking for action in their games, or actual gameplay, would enjoy Hotel Dusk. But, for anyone willing to enjoy a good mystery novel, or a Noir film, then Hotel Dusk is worthy of your time.

Final: 41/50

"Tips"
1- Tolerate the puzzles to enjoy the story.
2- Sometimes, you will need to use an actual notepad to jot down a few numbers you will need.

"Next Game"

Hotel Dusk is obviously what Cing aimed to create for the DS, and its a game that makes me mourn their loss. It was moderately successful, but life had another plan for them.

Next game is a remake of an SNES classic, Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals is actually a remake of a game a I reviewed and quite liked in my SNES reviews series.

Stay Tuned
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:43 pm

Seems like a quiet period for gaming atm.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:03 pm

Yeah a lot of stuff which initially was supposed to come out got delayed.

As far as big releases between now and end of March you probably have.... Street Fighter, Far Cry Primal and Division.

None of which interest me personally, but it's a blessing in disguise i have so many games to get through atm lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah a lot of stuff which initially was supposed to come out got delayed.

As far as big releases between now and end of March you probably have.... Street Fighter, Far Cry Primal and Division.

None of which interest me personally, but it's a blessing in disguise i have so many games to get through atm lol.

I may be wrong, but wasn't the next/last Witcher 3 DLC going to be released within that time period?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:26 pm

Got delayed, it's now any time between now and June as it has a vague release date of first half of the year.

But even so i was only counting new games tbf.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:37 pm

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:42 am

I'm enjoying Infamous Second Son atm- Gameplay and graphics are truly next gen. Platinum'd the first 2, gonna do the same with this, too.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:14 am

I finished Until Dawn. Good game, it was nowhere near as good as Heavy Rain though. As a horror game it did not do much for me. Jump scares aplenty, other than that nothing. Wish the story dealt with supernatural stuff like ghosts/spirits instead of the wendigo.

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:27 am

M99 wrote:I finished Until Dawn. Good game, it was nowhere near as good as Heavy Rain though. As a horror game it did not do much for me. Jump scares aplenty, other than that nothing. Wish the story dealt with supernatural stuff like ghosts/spirits instead of the wendigo.

Spoiler:

Brilliant game. Loved it.

Heavy Rain is one of the GOAT games too :bow:
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:38 pm

I need to play Until Dawn tbh, as well as Life and Strange and complete Ori.

SMH.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:52 pm

Playing Rise Of The Tomb Raider now. 26% overall completed in two days.

Great *bleep* game. The optional tombs are both frustrating and fun to do, story is decent, and overall action set pieces and gameplay is really good. I just don't like the environment that much. I don't know why they picked Siberia as a setting, there is nothing there except for snow. Preferred the Japanese island in the first game much more.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:56 pm

360 rofl

Also isn't there more environments later in the game?

ES pls confirm.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next