McAgger
Red Alert
Helmer
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Liverpool vs West Brom - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool vs West Brom

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:55 pm

Coutinho has taken the right shots, he's had the space, better shoot than pass to a worse position.

We conceded such a poor goal and almost another simple-as-it-gets one. Really need more fight when defending set-pieces.

Also, take Milner off, he's frigging useless. Put Lallana in his place and Ibe in Lallana's.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:58 pm

Milner did create the space for Hendersons goal hmm

Coutinho should hold on sometimes and wait for opportunity to build something. I think he took 3-4 shots and only one of them was sensible according to me. He had both Lallana and Benteke.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:03 pm

There were no good passes on when he took his shots, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:15 pm

Lallana again providing nothing productive on offense. Laughing

Origi played well when he came on and we looked much better than we did with Benteke. This is what we were all worried about with him in the summer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:18 pm

Lallana gave an assist if I'm not mistaken hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:28 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Lallana gave an assist if I'm not mistaken hmm

That goal was due more to Coutinho's beautiful ball.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:40 pm

I don't mind conceding a set-piece goal every now and again, but I do mind it when it's just awful defending. Soft defending on both goals. Clyne, Mignolet, Milner and Benteke all at fault for the first goal. Either poor judgement (mig), soft defending (Clyne) or poor reactions (Milner & Benteke). The second goal, Lovren is the designated guy to take care of that near-post cross - like every teams do, they have one strong aerial player attacking that near-post ball at defensive corners - and you'd expect your CB to take care of that when he's been given the role. But no, he gets completely owned on a ball that should be his and we concede again.

Can't wait till we play a big team again, because we just can't break down the underdogs.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:16 pm

Art Morte wrote:I don't mind conceding a set-piece goal every now and again, but I do mind it when it's just awful defending. Soft defending on both goals. Clyne, Mignolet, Milner and Benteke all at fault for the first goal. Either poor judgement (mig), soft defending (Clyne) or poor reactions (Milner & Benteke). The second goal, Lovren is the designated guy to take care of that near-post cross - like every teams do, they have one strong aerial player attacking that near-post ball at defensive corners - and you'd expect your CB to take care of that when he's been given the role. But no, he gets completely owned on a ball that should be his and we concede again.

Can't wait till we play a big team again, because we just can't break down the underdogs.
this is my worries tbh mate. if we lost to the good teams and beat the average teams then you could say we need better players. but if we cant break down these teams with the talent we have what more can klopp do. you cant say we don't have good enough players because the players we have are good enough to beat these teams
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:23 pm

Well in a game like that you have to win 1:0 or 2:1 then. You're not going to score many against a Pulis side.
So the problem was not that you couldn't break them down but that you let them score twice.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:32 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Well in a game like that you have to win 1:0 or 2:1 then. You're not going to score many against a Pulis side.
So the problem was not that you couldn't break them down but that you let them score twice.
that is a fair point. but on the flip side that's like saying pulis with average players can get the better of klopp who has far better players. also palace and Newcastle did the same thing. if pulis with average players can be that hard to beat why cant klopp with better players be also that hard to beat. Liverpool have top class international players and a top class manager. yet people like pulis can over come that with ease and using players that for most parts would not get in the Liverpool team.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:40 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Well in a game like that you have to win 1:0 or 2:1 then. You're not going to score many against a Pulis side.

Exactly !

When you want to win such games, you need to do it 1-0 or 2-1. The problem is more mentality of our team which has been ingrained into their f**** pos brains from long time. The players themselves think that they are poor in defending set pieces so who can help them. Specially Mignolet, who makes the whole defense shaky because of his indecisiveness. It just wont fly away like that. It was a great thing that we got the second goal.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:40 pm

Unique wrote:
that is a fair point. but on the flip side that's like saying pulis with average players can get the better of klopp who has far better players. also palace and Newcastle did the same thing. if pulis with average players can be that hard to beat why cant klopp with better players be also that hard to beat. Liverpool have top class international players and a top class manager. yet people like pulis can over come that with ease and using players that for most parts would not get in the Liverpool team.

well that is football, Unique Wink

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:51 pm

Unique wrote:

Yeah. You've made that point in the General Section PL thread as well.
I have some sort of answer/opinion to that I think and I will post it there somewhen.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:29 pm

Helmer wrote:
Unique wrote:

well that is football, Unique Wink
I understand that buddy. but what is it we need to start beating them teams. is it more money. because our squad cost miles more than the Newcastle palace and west brom squad. is it our manager. no because we have a top class manager. I'm lost as to how we fix this problem tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:45 pm

lads I don't like to moan about the team but tbh I just knew pulis and west brom would come and get something from the game. it was a stick on that we wouldent beat them. tbh if we had to play west brom or palace for the next 6 games I would not back us to win one of them. would we swap klopp for pulis Pardew or mclarren. not a chance in hell. would we swap our squad for the palace Newcastle or west brom squad. not a chance. yet they come and win or take points. and its not just a one off game now and then. it is time after time.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

We just have such a hard time against extremely defensive teams. Part of the issue of course is that our keeper is absolute shit and needs to be replaced ASAP.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:15 am

Curtinho wrote:We just have such a hard time against extremely defensive teams. Part of the issue of course is that our keeper is absolute shit and needs to be replaced ASAP.
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:35 am

Unique wrote:

You say this after every loss.

For the hundredth time football is not played like that.

If football was played on paper like you say Chelsea would not be sitting where they are. Leicester would not be in the top 3 (Idk if they won or not as I haven't checked results).

Just accept the fact that Liverpool is no longer "a top club" and Klopp can only work with what he has right now. It took 3-4 years for Rodgers to build a side that's no better than a mid-table side. A manager coming in doesn't make you automatic title challengers.

We have no leadership in this squad. Our best player, and one of the few players that has the "winning mentality" this team lacks is riddled with injuries. Our captain is still unfit. Our second best player is still unfit (and is still very raw. How many times is Coutinho going to shoot when there's a better option out there ffs?). Our attacking midfielders / 10's / inside forwards / whatever the **** you want to call them are not suited to playing with a "target man"* up top, they need a player to run in behind or a player with movement. And I swear to god 1/2 the core of the squad / "key players" at the club are passengers.

*Benteke is good at his feet, but he's wayyyyy too static and he's essentially useless outside the box.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:39 am

Curtinho wrote:We just have such a hard time against extremely defensive teams. Part of the issue of course is that our keeper is absolute shit and needs to be replaced ASAP.

It has nothing to do with the keeper.

Mignolet is not the best, and he can be at fault for the stupidest mistakes at times. But he's also saved us loads of time. He'll probably be replaced in the summer but he's essentially a scapegoat.

By the way, De Gea and Lloris also made stupid mistakes this weekend that lost points for United / Spurs.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:44 am

Set pieces ffs conceded 3 goals yesterday
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:34 am

Look at the end of the day it's the player not having the technical quality needed to beat these deep sitting teams. I literally sit there in disgust every time I see a simple pass mishit and miscontrolled by our defenders and midfielders.

Arsenal get the same treatment by teams. Teams go and sit back. But they have the necessarily technical quality to play incisive passes and create chances in small spaces. City same thing.

Can't wait until we gets some real decent midfielders in. And a *bleep* quality CF that isn't crocked like Sturridge and actually fits our style unlike Benteke. And then we can worry about a partner for Sakho and changing to a better GK and fullbacks. as well.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:00 am

I think we have good enough players to create better chances against parked buses, imo the problem is that too many of them like to hang on to the ball for too long and they're not instructed to play it faster by the manager. I thought we showed a bit more urgency in attack than under Rodgers, but it's still not good enough. Our players simply hold on to the ball for too long when there's no benefit from it. Pass it quicker and make more runs and spaces will open up.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:21 pm

I absolutely despise Can playing the DM role, I want Lucas back there.

Can is not good enough to play for LFC atm.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:58 pm

Red Alert wrote:

It has nothing to do with the keeper.

Mignolet is not the best, and he can be at fault for the stupidest mistakes at times. But he's also saved us loads of time. He'll probably be replaced in the summer but he's essentially a scapegoat.

By the way, De Gea and Lloris also made stupid mistakes this weekend that lost points for United / Spurs.

If you honestly believe that Mignolet has nothing to do with our poor results I don't even know what you're watching. I would venture a guess that the entire team is jittery because of how poor he is, and the number of points he's lost us on his own.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:38 am

I've already distinguished the fact that you don't understand football properly... lmao. So yeah, you may "venture guesses" to what our problems in the squad are but you're not right here.

He's making stupid mistakes exactly as Reina and De Gea have done in the passed. He needs the right coaching. He has dropped points for us yes, but so has every Tom Dick and Harry in the squad. He's a scapegoat.

Again, the squad is not as good as everyone makes it out to be. Mignolet is apart of that, yes. But he's not the sole problem. We're pretty much recovering from the back of your old mate that was let go.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:12 pm

Red Alert wrote:I've already distinguished the fact that you don't understand football properly... lmao. So yeah, you may "venture guesses" to what our problems in the squad are but you're not right here.

He's making stupid mistakes exactly as Reina and De Gea have done in the passed. He needs the right coaching. He has dropped points for us yes, but so has every Tom Dick and Harry in the squad. He's a scapegoat.

Again, the squad is not as good as everyone makes it out to be. Mignolet is apart of that, yes. But he's not the sole problem. We're pretty much recovering from the back of your old mate that was let go.
Liverpool have a better squad than Leicester city would you agree.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next