Valkyrja
halamadrid2
Freeza
Hapless_Hans
Mr Nick09
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What's the best midfield in footy nowadays Empty What's the best midfield in footy nowadays

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:10 pm

There used to be a lot of debate regarding which team has the best midfield few years back, we had Busquets-Iniesta-xavi that dominated for a while, schweini-javi combo that won the CL, di mari-xabi-modric that won the CL too, the Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba that destroyed serie A but did nothing in europe etc...

So what's today best midfield, and according to you, what would the perfect midfield look like?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

What's the best midfield in footy nowadays Empty Re: What's the best midfield in footy nowadays

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:16 pm

Kimmich-Verratti-Thiago will be pretty good IMO
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

What's the best midfield in footy nowadays Empty Re: What's the best midfield in footy nowadays

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:19 pm

Hazard-Pogba-Iniesta would be good
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Kimmich-Verratti-Thiago will be pretty good IMO
I keep hearing about Kimmich but doesnt he play a bit higher up? i was under the impression that Weigl was the better of the down as mediocentro
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:25 pm

Definitely Matuidi-Motta-Veratti
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:32 pm

PSG's midfield is excellent, certainly top tier. THe way Verratti shat on chelsea last year for something for the history books. They have good balance, Matuidi does a lot of running to compensate the horizontal movements of the other two. and the other two focus on controlling the ball and feeding the forwards.

If they had Pogba instead of Matuidi though fapfapfap

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Matuidi is world class, one of the best b2b there is. Ridiculous engine. Pogba-Verratti-Matuidi could work tbh.

Choosing the best midfield isn't as easy as it was a few years ago, when Barca's trio was indisputably the best by far.

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:49 pm

My ideal midfield remains and still looks like Iniesta-Busquets-Xavi , haven't seen anything better tbh .

Today's best midfield ? I'd still say Barcelona with Iniesta-Busquets-Rakitic , and now with Arda in the mix , it's pretty damn difficult to get better than that , taking into consideration the overall scheme always. Can't think of anything better right now , as far as midfield goes , and going by proven quality .

I do think they still have the best midfield , particularly because of Iniesta and Busquets , who are immense players at what they do and all things taken into account , incredibly difficult to disrupt . There's also Rakitic who offers a different dynamic near the area when necessary , and a player who can nevertheless also be a legitimate part of the same old when not required to make any particular difference.

That being said . They'll never truly replace Xavi , so whilst that midfield looks still to be the best , there are other options out there who can give them a good run for their money .

Most curious of all i am bout Real's midfield now with Zidane there , can't wait to see what he has in mind . It will be very hard to measure against the Barcelona trio , but there's no lack of quality , if anything . Most exciting , to say the least. Won't miss the next Real games that's for sure .

I really like Blanc's midfield too . Could surprise many this season , if there's anyone who hasn't noticed by now, and has been doing some serious work already.There's balance in that midfield. I do consider their midfield as one of the best around , for the season at least.

As for Bayern .. well we know the midfielders well and what they are capable of. Right up there in my honest opinion . More wide and varied than the usual , with bigger scope and more responsibility (i think) , than most other midfield sets out there.

Particularly eager to see how some of these do against each other later on . Last but not least , i like City's midfield too. They are no pushovers as far as midfield goes , very curious to see how they do in the CL , especially since they are quite likely to be making the 8 this season .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:00 pm

Matuidi is better than Pogba anyway. I think PSG and a healthy RM (if set up properly) have the best midfields.

As far as a perfect midfield goes....hm.

Modric - Verratti
Busquets

Or if we're doing a flat midfield.

Bale - Vidal - Verratti - Di Maria

Last edited by Curtinho on Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:01 pm

Weigl! Pah!
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:06 pm

ideal midfield behind bbc would be modric-casemiro-kroos/kova
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:28 pm

modric-veratti-gundogan
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:30 pm

Best MF at doing what?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:53 pm

@Jibers
I would like to assume at anything that you deem worth talking about. You know, to keep ball retention, to counter, for defense solidity, Rafa Benitezing, etc.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Thiago----Javi Martinez
--------Vidal-----------

---Verratti--Motta----Di Maria

--Ramsey-------El Neny---
-------------Ozil------------

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:11 pm

Unlike the past few years their isn't really a clear cut best midfield in the world atm. But I've been really impressed when Bayern fielded a Alonso-Thiago-Costa midfield. I'm not sure if that's Pep's starting midfield, but they did amazingly well against Arsenal in the CL (5-1) and Wolfsburg in the DFB Pokal (3-1). I don't think they're the best in the world, since their isn't a big enough sample size, but they should be kept an eye on if they actually play in midfield together more regularly.

My ideal midfield today would be:
Busquets - Gundogan - Di Maria

Busquets is the best DM in the world bar none. Gundogan is the tempo controller who amazing in tight spaces and is quite athletic. Di Maria would be playing a role similar to the one Carlo fielded him. He would have the freedom to attack the defense directly and would offer a real spark in the midfield.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:19 pm

I'm not saying they're the best in the world, but

Fernandinho - Toure
Silva

can on a good day be really good. It'd be my pick from the PL anyway.

The best is probably Barcelona, although playing with MSN would probably make Sunderland's midfield look pretty decent.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:05 pm

Busquets-Veratti-Di Maria for me.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:18 pm

Too many people picking would-be midfield combos, imo. Should be about which is the best actually existing midfield right now, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:18 pm

If I had to choose my preferred midfield it would probably be

Busquets Gundogan
James
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:20 pm

Future-Verratti-busi- iniesta
Current- Miner-Can-Hendereson

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:26 pm

Kroos-ozil-Gundogan
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:28 pm

SergiRoberto*-Busquets-Iniesta by quite a distance.

*Alternatively Arda Turan.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:15 pm

jibers wrote:Best MF at doing what?

Best post so far...

Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:09 am

Busquets - Iniesta - Rakitic

Doesn't really get any better than FC Barcelona.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next