M99
Sri
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Yaya Toure angered by losing African POTY Empty Yaya Toure angered by losing African POTY

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:27 pm

BBC wrote:Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has reacted angrily after failing to win the Confederation of African Football's player of the year award.

Toure captained Ivory Coast to 2015 Africa Cup of Nations victory but came second to Gabon and Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

"I think that's what makes the shame of Africa," he told Radio France International.
"To behave in this way is indecent! But what can we do?"

Toure had won the CAF award for the previous four years and was recently crowned BBC African footballer of the year for 2015.

Aubameyang, 26, became the first player from Gabon to win the award.
He has scored 18 goals in 17 Bundesliga games this season and a total of 68 goals in 119 games since joining the German club from French side St Etienne in 2013.

However, Gabon were eliminated at the group stage of last year's Africa Cup of Nations.
"We Africans, we do not show that Africa is important to us," added 32-year-old Toure.

"We give more priority to what's going on elsewhere than in our own continent. This is what is appalling.

"I give an example: it's Lionel Messi who wins all the trophies but it's Ronaldo who is Ballon d'Or. What would you say? It would be unfair."

"Yaya will look after himself, and let Africa look after itself. Like I'm often told, you shouldn't worry too much about Africa, because Africa will be the first to let you down."

What a great attitude...

Also lol @ the Messi v Ronaldo bit... what had that to do with anything???
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Yaya Toure angered by losing African POTY Empty Re: Yaya Toure angered by losing African POTY

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:29 pm

He's a baby, but that's been obvious for a while.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Yaya Toure angered by losing African POTY Empty Re: Yaya Toure angered by losing African POTY

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:30 pm

rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:32 pm

Amused.png

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Boohoo

He should be happy he was so close to winning lol. Auba was miles better than him in the year.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:13 pm

It is interesting in many ways how there are several world-class footballers who insist that they place little personal value to these individual awards, and then you compare it to Yaya Touré and his perspective.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:21 pm

Nah they are liars.

All of them care about it, they just don't come out and say it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:24 pm

So you're saying, at least Yaya is being honest? hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:37 pm

Honest yeah, his logic is absolutely nonsense though and he needs grow the *bleep* up.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:12 am

Lmao what a baby
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:31 am

I can see why he's sour considering Ivory Coast won the African Cup of Nations. It's as if in a WC year the BdO winner was from a team that went out in the group stages (say, someone from Portugal/Italy/England) and won no other major titles got the award. Sure, the talent is there, but is it justified to give it to him in that particular year?

It's a little akin to 2008 when Messi was the best player in the world but someone else won it, and while most people recognize this is true, they also know that Messi didn't win any major titles that season.

:whistle:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:38 am

thing is, most of them care about it when they're in the running and know there's a chance they can 'get' it (i don't use the word 'win' cos i don't think you 'win' these awards, at least not in the way i associate 'win' to sports) . e.g. ribery would have never cared about a balon d'or but when he saw, "hey i'm in the running" he definitely cared

my issue with this isn't even  toure's whining. i've often said that these days, athletes are media-trained; trained to be robotic with their answers, say the right things, and have some false-humility...its why i find zlatan interesting (thin line between zlatan's humor and what cristiano does). this by yaya is definitely not humorous nor interesting, its just tacky. and the timing of it as well

your team hasn't been consistent, u haven't been consistent for like 3 seasons; you're one of the leaders on your team, its january and you're crying about this, sends the wrong message to teammates...its ridiculous. even if he said "i think i should have gotten it, but whatever", i'd still be cool with that. to make it some big issue about his continent is laughable. there are other worries at hand than yaya not getting what he wants

btw i'm seeing online he wasn't even the best player at the african cup of nations nor was he the best for his country in the tournament, and city didn't win anything last year, so i don't get what he's talking about
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:14 am

lol did he really said that? stop crying, yang was better
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:18 am

He won the award the four previous years...that makes this even worse lol
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:10 am

Remember when he cried about not getting a birthday cake from CIty on his birthday Laughing

Guy is a wimp.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:21 am

was that birthday cake thing really true? i thought that was a joke
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:55 am

I don't keep up with those awards but didn't he win it during years that other teams won the AFCON
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:04 am

titosantill wrote:was that birthday cake thing really true? i thought that was a joke

yup 100% legit
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:19 am

We were robbed in the AFCON against Ivory Coast. Over THIRTY fouls and not one of the ivory coast players got even a yellow card Laughing they should have been down to like 8 men by half time Laughing brahimi and feghouli got the shit kicked out of them

If anything Auba, Mahrez, and Brahimi were far and away the best candidates. Yaya toure was absolutely dominated by a fking 20 year old from tottemham Laughing

Bony played very well too. Toure was trash and he was hindering Ivory Coast
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:50 am

Art Morte wrote:
BBC wrote:
"Like I'm often told, you shouldn't worry too much about Africa, because Africa will be the first to let you down."

This part is really, really sad.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:15 am

Lmao so Africa should feel shame because Yaya Toure didn't win a player of the year award.  rofl

Grade A fool, he was not the best African player of the year in 2015 period. He should be happy with 2nd with his lazy ass only trying when the ball is at his feet. F off

If he wants to stop helping his continent because they didn't give him a POTY award he can push off, there are plenty of African stars doing a lot for their country and the continent without crying when they don't win an award.

Go take a leaf out of Drogba and Eto'o's books.
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:16 am

Lmao that ronaldo-messi bit is he really comparing this to the ballon d'or
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:48 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I can see why he's sour considering Ivory Coast won the African Cup of Nations. It's as if in a WC year the BdO winner was from a team that went out in the group stages (say, someone from Portugal/Italy/England) and won no other major titles got the award. Sure, the talent is there, but is it justified to give it to him in that particular year?

It's a little akin to 2008 when Messi was the best player in the world but someone else won it, and while most people recognize this is true, they also know that Messi didn't win any major titles that season.

Nope.

For starters Ivory Coast winning it isn't some sort of amazing achievement as they have the most talent and should win it everytime.

It's not comparable to BDO at all because those players actually perform to be deserving of recognition and Yaya hasn't for two years outside the odd moment.

Not sure why an international tournament is giving more recognition than consistency over 50 plus games during a season anyway, especially when this tournament has (and I'm being nice here) a handful of good teams.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:56 am

Should change his name to Baba Toure
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:I can see why he's sour considering Ivory Coast won the African Cup of Nations. It's as if in a WC year the BdO winner was from a team that went out in the group stages (say, someone from Portugal/Italy/England) and won no other major titles got the award. Sure, the talent is there, but is it justified to give it to him in that particular year?

Nope.

For starters Ivory Coast winning it isn't some sort of amazing achievement as they have the most talent and should win it everytime.

It's not comparable to BDO at all because those players actually perform to be deserving of recognition and Yaya hasn't for two years outside the odd moment.

Not sure why an international tournament is giving more recognition than consistency over 50 plus games during a season anyway, especially when this tournament has (and I'm being nice here) a handful of good teams.

Agree with u except the bold part. Ivory coast failed 3-4 times in recent past with even more talent so it's an amazing achievement for them. There is nothing as '' Should win '' . Anyways the vote was close ( 7 more for Auba ). Yaya wanted the record of 5 titles I guess.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next