Firenze wrote:can't think of any FPS game I'd like to replay single player

COD4, All Ghillied Up

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 36 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:39 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
LeVersacci wrote:Never were into Ratchet & Clank. Played pleb of destruction on my cusin ps3 and it was pretty fun but didn't play nothing but cod4, waw & Wotlk in 07-08 lmao

That's bad tbh, A Crack in time is probably the only great PS3 one.

I think the besr in the series (at least to me) is UYA

Can't believe i bought that crap game after it :facepalm: (deadlock or dreadlock or whatwver)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:41 pm

RealGunner wrote:General Games Discussion - Page 36 9nTOomL
occasional loneliness????

IGN pls

I saw the video review, saying that when you complete a level and go back it feels empty.

You know like nearly every game ever lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:45 pm

classic IGN
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:49 pm

heard it's less than 10 hrs long to complete everything

swear the original took me about 1000 hrs hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:50 pm

15 hour gameplay apparently

if lads are getting it then i might think about it
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:51 pm

i'll probably get it sometime in the summer after uncharted when it's 15 quid
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Pretty much everyone says it's around 15 hours, but depends how much side stuff you do really.

Also apparently there's a hard mode, growing up I don't remember that being a thing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:54 pm

Firenze wrote:heard it's less than 10 hrs long to complete everything

swear the original took me about 1000 hrs hmm

Only one person I have seen that, everyone else said it's more than 10 and it's longer depending how much completionist stuff you do naturally.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:43 pm

Coming on PSGOAT, XboxOne and PC

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:49 pm

Can't wait for Jon to say it's shit now tbh.

@Jonathan28

I'm personally not interested in it, but cool for people that are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:57 pm

MW2 campaign was really good. I actually replayed some of my favorite missions.

The Brazil mission, American suburbs, Washington DC, No Russian :banderas:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:55 pm

LeVersacci wrote:mah man

did you play with MT?

can already imagine his main class..

M16 with noob tube
x3 frag
juggernaut
martyrdom

I know he used Scar with heart beat sensor in MW2 Laughing

MT on MW2 rofl One man army corner camping using M16/Scar-H with HB sensor, claymores on each entrance/exit and extreme soundwhoring rofl

Black Ops had a good campaign, imo.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:04 am

Anyone else here played the Battleborn beta? I've played one game so far, but it's really fun. I just wish it didn't have that slow, Destiny- esque, unresponsive aiming.

I was supposed to go to bed early today, but this game is so addictive Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:04 pm

Doom Open Beta weekend this weekend aka now.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:47 am

Oh yes, I've been missing this type of FPS mp
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:18 pm

#S5

Game: Trauma Center: New Blood.
Year: 2007.
Genre: Medical Simulation, Visual Novel.
Publisher: Atlus.
Developer: Atlus.

General Games Discussion - Page 36 250px-New_blood_game_cover

First things first, I am changing my rating system to better rate different genres according to their own rules. It will still be from 50 quality points, but every title will start from 25 and earn/lose points according to criteria important to the titles and genres themselves.

The first Trauma Center game released on the Wii was actually a remake of a DS title, and it was obviously constrained due to that. As the first game in the series to actually be developed from the ground up on the Wii, New Blood wanted to more strongly push other genres on the Wii.

It might not have succeeded in getting the sales numbers, but New Blood surely makes a strong argument for the value of having such strong games in non-traditional genres.

"People are capable of so much when they don't take life for granted"

The game starts in the remote icy terrain of Alaska, as Doctors Vaughn and Blaylock obviously, if not wasting their talents, then using them sparingly instead of helping the world at large as they could do. Dr. Vaughn is in Alaska in repentance for his role in creating a mysterious and deadly virus, Stigma, and Dr. Blaylock is there to learn the "Healing Touch" skill from him.

Soon, events unfold in a way that forces the two out of their comfort zone, and into a world that will soon need their medical skills to survive an outbreak similar to the one in the first game. Stigma is unleashed on the world, and only the skill and dedication of the doctors at Caduceus (including the two MCs) will help save the world.

However, Stigma is a virus, and it doesn't have a mind of its own. While the virus serves as the background driver of the plot, it revolves around much more than that. Through an excellent cast of characters, and some intelligent story telling, New Blood succeeds where the first game failed in tackling question about the ethical role of doctors, and the role of medicine and technology in an ever changing world.

Again, it is refreshing to save the world by healing it, as a doctor's purpose is even to save the life of his worst enemies. While surgery is the main gameplay element, the game almost always give you good reason to go through the operation more so than the completion score.

Interesting Story: +4
Cool Characters: +4

"Let's get down to business, I have dinner reservations"

Carrying on from the first game, New Blood provides the same tense and unique surgery experience. These are arcade surgeries, that require careful multi-tasking, quick decision making, and correct use of tools to succeed all in a limited amount of time.

All the tools of the first game make a return, meaning the basic gameplay is the same. You use the scalpel to make cut, both minor incision and major exploratory opening. The suturing tool is a useful as ever, with the ability to rapidly close wounds and suture veins and such together.

Some medical procedures return, but the majority of cases were not seen before, and some are far improvements of similar cases. From fixing broken rib cage, to multiple bullet wounds emergency treatment, the cases are progressively more difficult, but engaging and different enough to pull you off guard.

There are only a number of limited actions that you can take, but its impressive how much mileage you can get in using the same tools for a variety of cases.

The same Engaging Gameplay: +3
A Variety of Cases: +2

"It's too late to wash your hands off this"

In order for the gampelay to be tense and engaging, it needs to be both challenging and fair. In challenge, the game actually has three difficulties, with an easy option for those not wanting the extra stress to hold the story. In normal, the game is pretty difficult, with failure a distinct possibility in most procedures chapter 4 and above.

Since the game controls really well with the motion controls, challenge is mostly fair. A lot of the action you can take are pointing based, and that's generally handled really well on the Wii. For example, when suturing wounds, you normally need to go in a zig-zag pattern, and the game recognizes even an ugly zig-zag with at least a good score. Other actions that use motion, or the orientation of the Wiimmote, are better than they were before.

Each operation gives you a score, but with a very demanding scoring system. simply put, the scoring system does not seem to understand that there are inherent errors in motion control that are not take into account in this system. So if you are interested in getting good scores, its less than fair the game goes about in scoring you.

Anyway, besides scoring, the game is challenging and fair, except when it isn't. This has to due with the "Healing Touch" technique you can use once in an operation. This special move allows you to stop time, and can save you from certain failure and propel you to victory. In order to use that technique, you need to hold the Z button and draw a star on-screen, except that it rarely works.

I can attribute at least 70% of my failures to the move not working when I needed it most. I would draw star after star on screen, and non of them activates the move, and I continue to hectically attempt to draw it until the patient's vitals go to zero and they die.

There is simply no good reason for the move to be activated with such difficulty, and its due to the inherent faults and inaccuracies of motion control. In this case, the developers should have assigned a specific button or button's combinations to activate the move, because if it didn't work in the split second I needed it to work in the final stage, I would have probably never been able to finish the game.

Satisfying Challenge: +3
Different Difficulty Levels: +2
Healing Touch Failure: -4

"The same tool, they can be used for both good and evil"

Trauma Center: Second Opinion, was locked at a 4:3 aspect ration because it was ported from the DS. Since New Blood was made for the Wii, it thankfully supports all kinds of TVs, which is to be expected from a Wii game.

Atlus seems to have really talented character designers, because they continue to make interesting and varied character designs for all of their games, this one included. Not only do they look nice, but they usually have varied expressions to sell the conversation, and this time around they have excellent Voice Acting as well.

Maybe because the setting is actually a normal medical setting, but the Voice talent is actually much better than what we usually get from Japanese games getting localized. Surprisingly, nearly all the characters have excellent VAs, and it didn't ever compel me to ask for a Japanese option or to simply skip the conversations to protect my ears.

In the operation table, the graphics are better than they were before, but still are too basic and unnatural to be anything special. In fact, I think this is a better way to go than to show the real bloody mess inside a person's body, but its not something nice to look at.

Other than VA, the game's sound is not anything special, with the soundtrack giving a modern but forgettable feeling to the game. Suitably, the soundtrack is tense during operations, especially when things get more complicated. Yet, all of it is forgettable, and bar the final operation them, none particularity stood out to me.

Character Design: +3
Very Good VA: +3
[i]Limited Music: -2

In Conclusion:

I don't think New Blood is much different from the first game, but it is better in nearly every way. As a result, it goes past being more of the same by being a better version of that same thing. In effect, playing this first would give more of an impression, and as a result it might actually hurt your reception of the one before it.

So, while I would recommend this game for fans of the original, I would still recommend that you play them in sequence so as to appreciate the advancements. However, if you think you only have time for one Trauma Center game, this will be the one to play.

Final: 43/50

"Tips"
1- Make smart use of mydical syringes.
2- Don't depend on activating the medical touch, it fails half of the time.
3- If you see a lot of cuts, the patient's health will deplete rapidly.
4- Learn to suture wounds super quickly.
5- Learn when you are able to heal the patient without complications ruining your day.
6- In some instance, you cannot afford to heal your patient, and you should focus in avoiding more damage.
7- Sometimes, it is smart to let one harmless little bugger go around making damage while you fix something bigger, because killing it might summon worse versions of it.
8- If a case is too difficult for you to move on, try it on Easy mode.
9- Listen to the diagnosis, it will help you cure any case.

"Next Game"

New Blood took everything great about Second Opinion and made more of the same but a little better. It would have been a very great game if it also tried to fix what was wrong as well.

The last game in the series, and the one to be actually featured in the list I am currently reviewing, is Trauma Team, which introduces five more things to do other than surgery. Based on the series so far, I have high expectations of this game.

Stay Tuned
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:15 pm

Red Dead Redemption 2 Game Map Reportedly Leaked. Follow-up is supposedly a prequel, may link into Mafia 3.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/red-dead-redemption-2-game-map-reportedly-leaked/1100-6438892/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:21 pm

Next red dead game calls for a GL online reunion
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:22 pm

RealGunner wrote:Red Dead Redemption 2 Game Map Reportedly Leaked. Follow-up is supposedly a prequel, may link into Mafia 3.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/red-dead-redemption-2-game-map-reportedly-leaked/1100-6438892/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

lol.

Person who leaked that has admitted it's fake.

Dat top notch investigative journalism, Red Dead 2 is coming though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:26 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Red Dead Redemption 2 Game Map Reportedly Leaked. Follow-up is supposedly a prequel, may link into Mafia 3.

lol.

Person who leaked that has admitted it's fake.

Dat top notch investigative journalism, Red Dead 2 is coming though.

Did he? I'm reading the NeoGaf thread and he is not saying anything. People are believing its legit but one guy posted this

https://i.imgur.com/zS8Ijvu.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:29 pm

Looked like it was a sarcastic response and i didn't realise it Laughing

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=200858264&postcount=164

Although i do find it highly suspicious that he kept begging mods to delete it after he was called out on it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:34 pm

If he works for the company in anyway and signed a NDA then he is shitting it
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:36 pm

TechRadar are saying their sources are saying that it's the real deal Laughing

No idea how reliable they are but it's something, also if it is real and he leaked it while binded by NDA then he's *bleep* tbh. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:44 pm

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/this-is-the-map-you-ll-be-playing-in-red-dead-redemption-2-1319101

Might as well post this tbh, according to them the game takes place before Red Dead Redemption as well.

Although the map in question does suggest no Mexico Sad Unless they want to do some Skellige type thing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:56 pm

Bottom left corner of the map is upper right corner of Red Dead Redemption map.

General Games Discussion - Page 36 LoWX3wl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next