S
RED
jibers
Valkyrja
Jay29
90 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 11 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by Cruijf Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:45 pm

Yeah no way that's happening. And that midfield seems very suspect to me. Verratti as a pivote and Silva as a CM?

Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 11 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by S Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:46 pm

Would require like 500m to assemble that team.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:48 pm

20m for Bravo
40m for Laporte
40m for Stones
50m for Alaba
80m for Verratti
60m for Pogba

290m euros. Seems legit hmm
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:49 pm

Not to mention as been said a million times over, PSG are not selling Veratti lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:52 pm

Cruijf wrote:€20m for Bravo
€50m for Laporte
€50m for Stones
€100m for Alaba
€120m for Verratti
€120m for Pogba
€40m for GL tax

€500m euros. Seems legit hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:53 pm

Laughing

GL tax Proud
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:28 am

farfan wrote:So because Mourinho won a measly league title in 3 years , we should credit it him with every single trophy  won by Madrid for the foreseeable future ?  As if Madrid was some scrub team that wasn't used to winning before he came . Laughing (  2 back to back league titles just two years before his arrival )

Crediting Mourinho with  breaking the round of 16 jynx is just silly  . Laughing
Spending 9 figures  on players each year combined with getting soft draws will eventually help you overcome that hurdle regardless of who's coaching .
But hey ,  History will always remember Mourinho as the savior who ended the misery and  conquered 2010-2011 Lyon and CSKA Moscow . :bow:

You still haven't understood the context of my statement. Here is what MT initially said:

Right now Pep is the wheel who started it all, Enrique is the spoke on it.

To which I replied:

You mean like Ancelotti who only won the CL because of Mourinho's foundations at Madrid?

What's up with people on the Internet not getting analogies.

If, I repeat: IF Enrique is just the spoke of Pep's wheel, despite Pep not having worked a single minute with Bravo, Alba, Rakitic, Neymar and Suarez, which is half the Barca starting XI; despite not having used a true #9 for more than 6 months in his Barca coaching career; despite never having built a squad that could play quick transition football when needed -- IF this is basically still Pep's work that Luis Enrique is profiting from, THEN Ancelotti also just profited from Mourinho's work.

Pellegrini. Laughing Pellegrini bottled the title in the Bernabeu 3 matchdays before the end of the season. A Madrid win at home would have secured the title but he lost 0-2. At home. Against an injury-ridden Barca without Iniesta and with Puyol playing fullback. Pellegrini left behind a squad that came to Camp Nou and shat their pants 0-5. That was the psychological situation of the Madrid squad after Pellegrini. The same Pellegrini who bottled it against Lyon at home. Mourinho only 2 seasons later won the title in Camp Nou and was only a penalty shootout away from reaching the CL final. Funny how this works. Pep seems to be the only coach who deserves praise when his teams win. Or even when other teams win. Delivering them titles for the German NT team as well as Barca 3 years after he left. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:19 am

Rumor now is City will get Messi rofl

Surprise it took this long tbh Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:12 am

Onyx wrote:With the players we had we were bound to eventually break the last 16 curse.

'Eventually' is a very vague word, for it doesn't hover around a specific time-frame. Like 'eventually', Leeds will return to the top flight and the polar ice caps will melt.

Fact is, Pellegrini had a very talented squad and, on paper, he should've been able to beat Lyon. Yet, he didn't. We weren't elite back then. We needed a winner to restore the winning mentality we had lost, and Pellegrini wasn't one. We had to wait until Mourinho to go back to being elite. He helped us regain our place among the European elites just like he had done with Inter by winning the first Italian treble and delivering them the CL after a jaw-dropping 38-year wait - and I'm sure Inter fans said at some point during those 38 years that 'eventually' they would win the CL again.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:27 pm

futbol wrote:
farfan wrote:So because Mourinho won a measly league title in 3 years , we should credit it him with every single trophy  won by Madrid for the foreseeable future ?  As if Madrid was some scrub team that wasn't used to winning before he came . Laughing (  2 back to back league titles just two years before his arrival )

Crediting Mourinho with  breaking the round of 16 jynx is just silly  . Laughing
Spending 9 figures  on players each year combined with getting soft draws will eventually help you overcome that hurdle regardless of who's coaching .
But hey ,  History will always remember Mourinho as the savior who ended the misery and  conquered 2010-2011 Lyon and CSKA Moscow . :bow:

You still haven't understood the context of my statement. Here is what MT initially said:

Right now Pep is the wheel who started it all, Enrique is the spoke on it.

To which I replied:

You mean like Ancelotti who only won the CL because of Mourinho's foundations at Madrid?

What's up with people on the Internet not getting analogies.

If, I repeat: IF Enrique is just the spoke of Pep's wheel, despite Pep not having worked a single minute with Bravo, Alba, Rakitic, Neymar and Suarez, which is half the Barca starting XI; despite not having used a true #9 for more than 6 months in his Barca coaching career; despite never having built a squad that could play quick transition football when needed -- IF this is basically still Pep's work that Luis Enrique is profiting from, THEN Ancelotti also just profited from Mourinho's work.

Pellegrini. Laughing Pellegrini bottled the title in the Bernabeu 3 matchdays before the end of the season. A Madrid win at home would have secured the title but he lost 0-2. At home. Against an injury-ridden Barca without Iniesta and with Puyol playing fullback. Pellegrini left behind a squad that came to Camp Nou and shat their pants 0-5. That was the psychological situation of the Madrid squad after Pellegrini. The same Pellegrini who bottled it against Lyon at home. Mourinho only 2 seasons later won the title in Camp Nou and was only a penalty shootout away from reaching the CL final. Funny how this works. Pep seems to be the only coach who deserves praise when his teams win. Or even when other teams win. Delivering them titles for the German NT team as well as Barca 3 years after he left. :bow:

By spoke I didn't mean in a strictly tactical way, but in a more overall or general way. Like I said, Pep started the whole Barca revolution and established the side as one of the greatest ever. Now anyone who associates themselves with this Barca, they'll always be in the shadow of Pep. People still see this team as 'that Barca side' despite them replacing a lot of players and the coach. Enrique would most certainly get more recognition if he accomplished everything at another club.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:05 pm

United fans on Pep, once they get Mou

Mourinho the Pep Guardiola slayer FACT

desperate times call for desperate measures. guardiola and city could dominate. mourinho would never allow that. he is guardiolas kryptonite. real madrid hired mourinho to stop guardiola's dominance and he achieved it. they won the cup, the league and he turned madrid back into a CL contender again.

If Jose could win the League vs Guardiola when he had the Best Club Football Team that ahs ever played at it's peak then Jose at United and Guardiola at City would be a different war altogether . A bit off topic but if Guardiola couldn't win the Champions League with his all conquering Star Studded Bayern playing at packed Allianz Arena .. What chance has he got to even progress to the knockout rounds with prrenial European Failures the empty stadium minnows in City ?

Not the biggest fan of Mourinho but come back when Pep has achieved half the things Mourinho has. Trophies with teams like Barce and Bayern don't count... my nan could have managed that!

^ rofl rofl

I'd love for him to stick it to Pep and dominate Manchester.

united have to appoint him. its goes against their tradition and culture but they have to react to what is going on across manchester. real madrid had to do the exact same thing and they toppled guardiola in the end, despite that barca team being one of the best in history. mourinho is guardiola's kryptonite

jose has outclassed and out thought pep lots of times over the years. inter milan CL semi finals 2010? real madrid 2012 in the league? real madrid in 2010 in the cup?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:07 pm

"Perhaps he wanted a new challenge," Matthaus told Sky Sports. "Of course I can understand Pep - his salary must be insane. And he wants to experience something new - despite the fact that he already had the best team in Europe.

"Bayern fulfilled every wish, no matter what Guardiola wanted: the players, the coaches and even the doctors.

"He caused much disturbance off the field. But he is one of the best coaches on the planet. With the amount of money in circulation, I can understand Pep.

"I am one of his critics, but I would have loved to see him in Munich for a longer time. He was always interesting and entertaining for the journalists. He improved the team in many areas, but on the other hand he caused confusion, what many people didn't understand," added Matthaus, who was capped a record 150 times by Germany.

"I don't like his system, it changes during the game. He uses players in different positions, even if they could play better with their normal position," he added.

"I wouldn't want to play as left forward if I normally play right-back. For example David Alaba had to play as central midfielder, despite the fact that he played his best games as left-back. But you have to accept that. Guardiola was always successful, but in Munich he didn't win the Champions League.

"He should have signed another contract in Munich. He can work with a top team and the trust from the Bayern officials. But after his contract expired, he had every right to sign somewhere else."
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:30 pm

I'm curious as to the 'disturbances' he caused off the field hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:36 pm

Probably just lots of attention because of his name lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:32 pm

"Bayern fulfilled his every wish"

Uh....

Pep :" I want Neymar"

Bayern: "These South Americans rarely adapt to Germany, but I'll tell you what, we'll sign a player who we think is just as good: Goetze."

3 years later Bayern must be regretting this..
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Pep just prefers to use players based on what they offer and their strengths. He doesn't just rearrange players positions just for fun.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:42 pm

kind of off topic but what's going to happen to gotze now

with carlo coming in does he have a future at bayern or are they shopping him around hmm

inb4 klopp
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:51 pm

Well, initial reports (take it with some salt) is that Carlo wants to bring in Bernardeschi.

Carlo is also a big fan of Muller, as i recall he expressed that he likes him as a player (kinda the same with Pippo)

Taking it into consideration, Costa, Bernardeschi, Muller and Lewa. 4 positions for attackers, Robberry rotating in there as well, when not injured. Gonna be tough for Gotze to get regular minutes, i can see him go to Pool/China.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:39 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:"Bayern fulfilled his every wish"

Uh....

Pep :" I want Neymar"

Bayern: "These South Americans rarely adapt to Germany, but I'll tell you what, we'll sign a player who we think is just as good: Goetze."

3 years later Bayern must be regretting this..

Pls.

You really think Bayern could have gotten Neymar, but didn't try? Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:50 am

BC also didn't take into consideration that perhaps Neymar didn't wanna play in Germany.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:25 am

The point being that they didn't "accommodate his every desire" as matthaus stated
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:12 am

Barcelona duo Neymar and Sergio Busquets both targeted by Manchester City as Pep Guardiola eyes £150m double swoop

Pep Proud
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:39 am

"Pep will be whatever he wants to be," Alves told ESPN.

"He is like Neymar. They have such a capacity to reinvent themselves and a dedication to studying things. Obviously he has a gift, the gift of management. It has not gone bad where he has gone, and won't go bad this time.

"He left for Bayern, but I don't believe he liked it so much. He likes to revolutionise everything from the start. There he did not have that possibility, but he will now at City.

"He likes challenges - everybody else should get ready."
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:07 am

Winter is Coming wrote:Barcelona duo Neymar and Sergio Busquets both targeted by Manchester City as Pep Guardiola eyes £150m double swoop

Pep Proud
Such bs lol

Ppl think this is fifa career mode where you go in with a big ass budget and can get any1 you want from any team...

Eng media lmao
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:19 am

isn't neymars buyout alone like 180m or something lol
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:05 am

It's 190

He's gonna sign a new contract around the summer so its gonna get raised perhaps
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next