S
RED
jibers
Valkyrja
Jay29
90 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 19 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by CBarca Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:11 pm

Out of curiosity...this is the first time I've seen that vine. I'm just curious as a person who is watching it right now, is he sarcastically applauding his medical staff?

He's doing it towards the sideline but from that video there is no indication who it is toward.

EDIT: I would also like to say that refusing a handshake in the MLS all star game was unprofessional. It was. No denying that, but Wenger, SAF and many other managers have at times done the same. It's not the end of the world, and it doesn't make him a douche anymore than it makes SAF or Wenger a douche. In fact there is more "reason" if you want to call it that when a team is being aggressive in a friendly and injuring your players rather than when it's during the general season like for SAF or Wenger (and doubtless many others). It's unprofessional all the same, but I fail to see where this makes him a douche and yet when Wenger comes up nobody talks about how much of a douche he is because he refused to shake hands with Mourinho. It's just typical double standards when it comes to Pep. The haters "perceive" it to be incredibly douchey from him yet from others...well they probably forgot about it Laughing

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 19 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:25 pm

He's doing it towards the medical team. That's why the main doctor gets up and storms away.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:00 pm

If that's the main doctor then fair enough.

Reason I was asking is just because the context of that video is very poor. I could post that video while he's having a row with his assistant coach and claim he's sarcastically applauding his assistant coach and there would be just as much credence to it, based on the video.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:03 pm

Yeah, it was the doc, he left the club right after, maybe a day later.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:36 am

So what was the disagreement over again? BAsically one can guess Pep blamed the medical staff for injured players? Although does Pep have a reputation of pushing his players too hard?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:56 am

Donuts wrote:besides the point if you don't like the staff you're 100% fine to get rid of them.
Well, he got rid of Dr.Müller-Wohlfahrt as official Bayern doc, but all the players still went to MW when injured. People have free choice of doctors in Germany after all.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:59 am

BarcaLearning wrote:So what was the disagreement over again? BAsically one can guess Pep blamed the medical staff for injured players? Although does Pep have a reputation of pushing his players too hard?

Yes. He basically blamed blamed the doctors like that for the Porto loss. So he left Bayern with his crew after some 40 years.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:09 am

Having a couple of douchy move doesn't make you a douche. That should be obvious.

He was right on the Bayern thing. His injury records are very good, except with those doctors who recommended him to play some players after injuries and got reinjured.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:15 am

@free_cat
Dr.Mülller-Wohlfahrt is known for *not* rushing players after injuries, though.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:56 am

But he did in that case. That's why Guardiola got mad.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:14 am

Dr. Mueller-Wohlfahrt is one of the top of the line doctors worldwide. Lots of athletes come to him for treatment (example: Usain Bolt).

That is one act I sure do not agree with. It was actually one of the few times Pep ever put blame on anyone but himself. Injuries can happen to any club, and Bayern sure do not suffer them as much as other clubs.

He made Robben and Ribery not so glassy Laughing. That's some top treatment right there.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:10 am

Pep holding agents accountable for insulting the club Proud

Also his agent said that City will lose all their African supports without Yaya, and they won't watch City ever again.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:22 am

Seluk said earlier this month: 'If he (Pep) wins the Champions League for City this season then I will travel to England and I will say on television that Pep Guardiola is the best manager in the world.

'But if City don't win the Champions League then I hope that Pep has got the balls to say that he was wrong to humiliate a great player like Yaya.

His agent smh
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:24 am

Sushi Master wrote:Dr. Mueller-Wohlfahrt is one of the top of the line doctors worldwide. Lots of athletes come to him for treatment (example: Usain Bolt).

That is one act I sure do not agree with. It was actually one of the few times Pep ever put blame on anyone but himself. Injuries can happen to any club, and Bayern sure do not suffer them as much as other clubs.

He made Robben and Ribery not so glassy Laughing. That's some top treatment right there.

Maybe Robben. Ribbery has been more injured at Bayern than before.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:42 am

None of the PL teams that City have beaten this season have won a game since. Sunderland D1 L3, Stoke L3, West Ham L2, United L2

Pep Molenation
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:27 am

Im starting to see the nastier side of Pep now... so now hes saying openly that Yaya will not play at all unless his agent comes out to apologies to him....wow. He completely drops Yaya who has been such a important player for Man C in the past few years.... I mean its ruthless and proving to be right I guess, but still, its almost no respect he gives to Yaya in the first place.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:16 am

It's not like they didnt get along in Barca or anything
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:40 am

Issue with Yaya is he been SHIT for 2+ seasons now. But he refused to do any pressing or tracking back. Always a liability in all our big games and CL.
I've wanted him gone for years now. I am in tears right now, thank you PEP cheers cheers :bow:

He has disrespected the club on numerous occasions. He has never been a professional players. He was a great player for the club but WILL NEVER BE A LEGEND. He never played for the shirt and I wish Pep sends him to the reserves until the summer.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:43 am

Absolutely agreed with Nasir

Pep :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 pm

I have no time for anything Yaya's agent has to say tbh, if someone else said that then I might actually accept his view point.

We talk about being a dickhead and a douche, now Yaya's agent fits the bill perfectly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:51 pm

What did Yaya's agent say that made Pep leave him out of the CL
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:53 pm

I wonder, would Toure really be considered a City legend? I already got Nasir's point of view so there's that.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:59 pm

ES wrote:What did Yaya's agent say that made Pep leave him out of the CL

Many incidents it seems, such as his birthday cake, telling people in 2014 Toure was about to move on 90% chance, but didn't, constantly attacking Pep in the press, he questioned and threw criticism towards City, questing Pep for dropping him in his first few games and leaving him out of the CL squad, saying if City don't win the CL this year then Pep owes Toure an apologize (I guess he assume Toure would've won it for them lol), etc.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:05 pm

But isn't it unfair to punish Touré for what his agent said?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:11 pm

Not really because he represents Toure. If Toure didn't want to take the shit for what his agent said then he'd fire him.

If I was represented by somebody who criticized the company I work for repeatedly I couldn't really complain if I was reprimanded.

Honestly he should have got rid of him ages ago, he brings so much unnecessary negativity towards Toure.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:48 pm

You're partly right, but I still believe that punishing someone for somebody else's words, even if they are their representative, is a little bit unprofessional. And I can't help but think Guardiola here is simply looking for an excuse to drop Touré, and if the latter was really in his plans, he would include him no matter what, or at least not wait for his agent to apologize to play him.

Touré wasn't included in his CL squad, and if I'm not mistaken, he only played once ever since Guardiola took over. So it's not like he was playing regularly and then his agent criticized Guardiola and then boom, Touré is not even on the bench! No, he hadn't even been playing prior to the fiasco caused by his agent.

Don't get me wrong though, Pep is the manager and it's within his rights to choose and omit whoever he wants. But the excuse here is a little bit too hard to swallow. Just my opinion though, I may be wrong.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next