S
RED
jibers
Valkyrja
Jay29
90 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 20 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:48 pm

You're partly right, but I still believe that punishing someone for somebody else's words, even if they are their representative, is a little bit unprofessional. And I can't help but think Guardiola here is simply looking for an excuse to drop Touré, and if the latter was really in his plans, he would include him no matter what, or at least not wait for his agent to apologize to play him.

Touré wasn't included in his CL squad, and if I'm not mistaken, he only played once ever since Guardiola took over. So it's not like he was playing regularly and then his agent criticized Guardiola and then boom, Touré is not even on the bench! No, he hadn't even been playing prior to the fiasco caused by his agent.

Don't get me wrong though, Pep is the manager and it's within his rights to choose and omit whoever he wants. But the excuse here is a little bit too hard to swallow. Just my opinion though, I may be wrong.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 20 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by zizzle Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:50 pm

YayaToure's agent Dimitri Seluk tells #SSNHQ: "Guardiola wins a few games and think he is king.

lmao this gone be good
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:53 pm

Agree with the statement that Yaya's agent is a douche.

He's been pulling that shit for years now. And it's not like Yaya is getting any younger or fits into what Pep wants to implement. Yaya ain't no saint, either.

Yaya's into his last year of contract. These clowns should be princesses to whatever the manager's needs are, it's not just because it's Pep. If you are that age and want to continue playing at the high level, or at least add to the team and the youngsters' progress, shut your mouth and do your job.

It's all just fraking childish at this point.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:00 pm

I agree with you, Touré is in no position to be picky or too proud. He should just be happy he's playing at City under the management of one of the best coaches in the world.

Still, I think Pep didn't manage the situation quite well.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:10 pm

Why didn't Yaya angle for a move in the summer?

This isn't the first time he has worked with Pep, and must have known he's not a good fit for Pep's system just like he wasn't back at Barca

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:24 pm

Who wouldn't like earning 250k while doing F all

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:33 pm

Pep vs Yaya is the slowest moving, most predictable train wreck ever
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 pm

At least Pep has the balls to drop Yaya without flinching, Mou still has no idea what to do with Rooney
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:05 pm

RealGunner wrote:Who wouldn't like earning 250k while doing F all

Can't argue there, but then why all the fuss in the media. Makes no sense

Last edited by vanDEEZ on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:06 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I agree with you, Touré is in no position to be picky or too proud. He should just be happy he's playing at City under the management of one of the best coaches in the world.

Still, I think Pep didn't manage the situation quite well.

Agree with that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:Who wouldn't like earning 250k while doing F all

Probably someone who did just that for idk how many years doesn't care too much about it anymore hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:17 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:You're partly right, but I still believe that punishing someone for somebody else's words, even if they are their representative, is a little bit unprofessional. And I can't help but think Guardiola here is simply looking for an excuse to drop Touré, and if the latter was really in his plans, he would include him no matter what, or at least not wait for his agent to apologize to play him.

Touré wasn't included in his CL squad, and if I'm not mistaken, he only played once ever since Guardiola took over. So it's not like he was playing regularly and then his agent criticized Guardiola and then boom, Touré is not even on the bench! No, he hadn't even been playing prior to the fiasco caused by his agent.

Don't get me wrong though, Pep is the manager and it's within his rights to choose and omit whoever he wants. But the excuse here is a little bit too hard to swallow. Just my opinion though, I may be wrong.

Pep and needing an excuse to drop someone? We are speaking about the same guy who's dropped Dinho, Deco, Etoo, Ibra, Gomez, Mandzu, Hart, etc? Lets not forget dropping Etoo after winning a treble (which I believe was still a mistake, but I understood why).

I don't think he's looking for an excuse and him saying Toure is part of his plan doesn't mean he's a big part of it, for all we know he wants him for cup games a dozen rotational games in the league.

Lets not forget Toure agent said when Pep was announced as City manager, "Even my grandmother could win titles with Barcelona and Bayern Munich" so one can say the fact Toure got a game even preseason under Pep is generous enough.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:36 pm

The amount of damage this scumbag agents do is unreal. Look at Mino Raiola, that piece of shit agent of Zlatan, Balotelli, Micky & many others. That bitch is the biggest coach baiting criticizing scum moving player every few years to high wages & bonuses & earning more money for himself. Ofcourse it does a lot of damage to the players often like Balotelli or Micky.

Now this agent BS went & blasted Pep for not picking Yaya for the CHL. Pep has been way more civil than say Mou who is not even allowing Basti to train with the squad, he even gave a Yaya a game. Apart from Yaya being unfit, his style of play is not good enough for any elite club. He is tactically & technically a very average player. That is why City does so bad in CHL.

Now obviously no1 is paying 300K a week & his 15M or so yearly wages gross. So he stays & takes his paycheck while his agent takes shots at Pep. I think what Pep has said is Yaya's agent has to apologize or Yaya does not play.

I don't think that is FAIR & not a Just action. You can't ban a player just because his agent said something bad. I mean it is pretty cowardly n cheap if Yaya is using his agent this way but a ban IMO is not good.

At the very least Yaya's agent could have de-escalated the situation & would have apologized privately with a mutually agreeable public statement of sorts. This kind of King of the world statement is pathetic.

Now I am not a fan of the way Pep handles his players but Yaya is not a top CM. Fernandinho is way better at the moment, Gundogan when fit is World Class & even Fernando is pretty manageable when needed. You have 3 guys for 1 position & the advanced CM if needed. I think Yaya at best can play as a sub here in a more physical role in certain matches if he is physically sharp.

He is 33, will be 34 in a few months. That is the best he could hope for. If I was him & I cared about playing I would take a paycut & go on loan anyways. I hate these scumbag agents!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:47 pm

I don't think it's wrong of Pep to punish a player for his agent repeatedly shitting on him and the organization. It's common sense, and I'm glad someone is actually making an agent accountable for his actions. This is a very easy situation for Yaya anyway, if he wants to still play, tell his agent to apologize. The guy represents you, he'll do whatever you ask him to.

That being said, I personally think that Pep is using Yaya's agent as a way to drop Yaya and not have to deal with the media asking a bunch of questions and/or fans being upset that a player who has done a lot for the City organization is being dropped, playing a game here or there maybe. Media manipulation to try and keep people on his side of this ordeal.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:07 am

Its 2 min clips of the press conference. Pep wants Yaya and his agent to apologize to the Club and his teammates Proud
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:09 am

Yaya's agent declares war: "I will apologise to Guardiola when he apologises for what he did to Manuel Pellegrini" #MCFC

Oh dayum.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:10 am

i think this is a move by yaya and his agent to get city let him out of his deal without the headaches that come with a tough transfer move i.e. no club might want to cough out money city may ask for, or they may not be willing to let him join certain clubs. but if things are so bad, that the coach goes "i don't care if its on a free or even if we have to pay to sell him, i want him out", it allows the player a chance to move, anywhere even if its a rival side for as little as possible...there are some problems that come with using this approach though. not to mention, it prevents him from being cup tied, so ucl clubs could still be interested in january

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:20 am

Jesus, I hope all this doesnt distract Pep and the team, it shouldnt... I guess as mentioned above, Pep can do whatever he wants... and Yaya's agent is not making things easy. The only trouble I have a bit is Pep not including him in the CL squad, this was before any of the arguments started I think? Anyway, I guess its just the simplest way to go if you know a player wont be in your plans. Sorry to Yaya, no matter what I still rate him and appreciate what hes doen for Man C, despite the laziness and inconsistency whatever, hes been good for us for so many occasions.

Btw, Winter is Coming you mentioned Pep dropped all them senior players at Barca and Bayern as well, result simply was they werent the type of players with the attitude willing to work with his system right? That was the main reason?

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:36 am

What Pep has done to Yaya with the agent stuff, I don't agree with. I don't think players should be punished like that for agents talk, I mean sometimes agents speak on their own.

Having said what Yaya's agent has done is sh**, this *bleep**r with no football pedigree is going on about how Pep had a great team & so on. I mean you have to give the man some credit for taking on guys like a flop Pique, new rookie Biscuits or a newboy Messi etc & moulding to great team. He made statements like anyone's grandma could win BL with Bayern & people wanted him out which is not true.

Some of the comments are downright cheap. I disagree with the initial stand of Pep about Yaya. I think he should given him a big fine & warned him about a ban if this is repeated. But now the agent BS has taken it too far.

The agent said Yaya is happy to not play & take that gigantic salary!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:13 pm

I wonder what a fat lazy over rated narcissistic ego freak like yoyo did to get dropped. he didn't make threats to leave because he never got a birthday cake again did he. :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:30 pm

Curtinho wrote:
Yaya's agent declares war: "I will apologise to Guardiola when he apologises for what he did to Manuel Pellegrini" #MCFC

Oh dayum.

What exactly did he do to Pellegrini lol? This bloke is such a *bleep*.

At least the likes of Raiola are professionals.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Curtinho wrote:

Oh dayum.

What exactly did he do to Pellegrini lol? This bloke is such a *bleep*.

At least the likes of Raiola are professionals.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/567370801687453696/G3Wu-0vy.jpeg
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:37 pm

An agent represents you. Is someone who has your power of attorney to sign agreements and deal with certain matters. If he says something about you, and you don't deny him or fire him as your manager, it means he is saying it on your behalf. Hence, Guardiola is doing the right thing if Yaya doesn't fire his agent or they don't appologize.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:43 pm

free_cat wrote:An agent represents you. Is someone who has your power of attorney to sign agreements and deal with certain matters. If he says something about you, and you don't deny him or fire him as your manager, it means he is saying it on your behalf. Hence, Guardiola is doing the right thing if Yaya doesn't fire his agent or they don't appologize.
Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:08 pm

Dimitri Seluk: “When Toure left Barcelona to come to the City, Guardiola told him he was leaving to a shit team. Now, Guardiola has come to this shit team. Guardiola likes money more than football. I will not apologise to Guardiola. That’s 100 per cent sure.”

:popcorn:
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:17 pm

What a liar Laughing

This guys been taking pot shots at Pep for the past 3-4 years, if Pep said that he would've already mentioned it.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next