S
RED
jibers
Valkyrja
Jay29
90 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 18 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by Unique Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:36 pm

mourinho has always been a park the bus manager. there is a reason why small clubs with no money play park the bus football. its because its the easiest way to get some kind of result. now add millions worth of world class talent to bus parking tactics like mourinho does and it will  guarantee results as long as your players buy into it. looks like mourinho now finds it hard to get players to buy into it.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 18 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:16 pm

rincon wrote:I'm not going by what people state, its my own perception.

I (and a lot of other people from the sound of it) very rarely get the feeling that he is being genuine everything just seems forced. Just an image he is trying to portray. Not just what he says, but how he says. It feels like he is always trying to take the high road but it always seems fake. For example, on "nice guy" managers I get the feeling that everything Rainieri says he really means. I never have that impression with Pep.

"Bravo's performance was fantastic" What is the point of saying this? everyone knows its not the case. The press knows, Pep knows, Bravo himself knows.

For example, Asamoah sucked against Sevilla. Allegri defended him but he didn't lie. He brushed away the criticism from the press and said "Asamoah is a very important for us even if he didn't play the most beautiful game".

Your reading too much into the headline,

"Claudio had one of the best performances I've ever seen," Guardiola said. "When you make a situation for the goal - after that he continued to play in our build-up and [went] for other long balls to pick them up.

"That means a lot for me, the personality, because in football when you make a mistake it's how you react to that mistake.

From what I gather, he's speaking about how he reacted after the mistake and still tried to play it as cool as possible and do what his manager wanted him to.

rincon wrote:or the countless times he says "APOEL/CSKA/BATE/insert-scrub-team will be the most difficult test so far (or any other random hyperbole)".

Or just recently, "Bournemouth have been the best attacking team we've faced so far" (or something like that) which is bullshit cause Bournemouth offered nothing and it was the first clean sheet for City this season in the league.

Rarely does he seem to say what he actually thinks.

Again I believe overreaction, Pep takes every game seriously, even when his team is up 3-0 or 4-0 against relegation teams he ashes out when his players are making mistakes, or not aggressive enough going forward despite the fact game is won. This is just generally how he is. According to report in Spain when Pep left one of the reason was some players didn't want to take these little games seriously nor wanted to follow his instruction.

Personally sometimes I believe he's just baiting the side to come out and attack, or by saying their the best defense probably hoping they don't park or challenging his players.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Yeah he takes everything very seriously, i remember a game earlier in the season where despite having a 2 or 3 goal lead City conceded and he went absolutely mental. Laughing

Also anyone remember this ?

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 18 1061362_o

Look at the scoreline Laughing He takes it all very seriously, perhaps too much tbh as i imagine taking that approach to his work is very stressful but that's how he is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:11 pm

Laughing

Even more recently at BM, when they beat Roma 7-1. Pep said they still have improvement to make and he hasn't happy with certain aspect of the game Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:46 pm

Yeah he's a very passionate and intense manager. For me that's a good thing though. It makes for a really easy person to get behind as a team if he's putting as much emotion into it as you are as a player. There's obviously a lot more to being a manager than that, but yeah.

Can only imagine what it's like for him when he loses in the CL semis or quarters, or even worse if he loses to Sunderland or something later in the season.

I mean, we all know what it's like with Kloppo....

Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City - Page 18 Klopp-rage
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:11 pm

I read somewhere or it may have been someone saying it perhaps Henry, but they said in the back he's more chill when he loses then when he wins Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:24 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:I read somewhere or it may have been someone saying it perhaps Henry, but they said in the back he's more chill when he loses then when he wins Laughing

Probably because he takes the blame himself and if he concedes a tactical mishaps, he puts the blame on himself, rather than putting it on his players.

From Henry also: he once scored a goal and was taken out at halftime because he went against Pep's instructions and ran freely instead of waiting for the ball Laughing

So basically he's very strict, but as long as you follow his instructions he's not going to put the blame on his players like some other coaches do Proud. Like it should be always, no?

Here's the video. All tactical nuts should watch this, it's class:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:39 pm

I don't get where this is coming from? Who thinks he's a douche?

The only people I know who have ever spoken ill of Pep are people he binned who usually have bigger egos than Pep himself (who has quite an ego, there is no debating that). Zlatan, Yaya Toure...Zlatan needs no explanation. Yaya was upset that City didn't get him a birthday cake on his birthday. What do you think he feels about a guy who told him to GTFO and then replaced him with a 19 or 20 year old? "Pep was a great manager and he kicked me out like a gentleman" outt here.

Dumb discussion anyway, because there is no winning here. People who dislike him dislike his "perception". You can't change that. No matter what Pep's literal actions are, people who dislike him will interpret it as "douchey". That's just how it is.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:43 pm

Does Yaya dislike him anyway? i don't remember any quotes from directly only his stupid agent who the less said about the better.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does considering he's on his way to get rid of him surprised i just don't remember seeing him say it is all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:46 pm

Ah I have no idea. That was a while ago, I thought I remember him saying things but maybe it was just his agent, I have no idea.

Tbh I mostly just assume that Yaya dislikes him. He would have good reason to, anyway, and considering his ego...yeah.

Point remains, my question about all these people that think he's a douche...where they at? Like, I'm serious. I've not heard many people speak ill of Guardiola. Can someone point me to any of these people...?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:49 pm

I'm pretty sure Pep wanted Yaya to stay, but as a CB and Yaya didn't want too, as he wanted his midfield role instead, could be wrong.

CBarca, they think he's a douche because of what they see him say in press conference and I guess they way he acts.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:08 am

ES wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Is it me or Pep comes across as a massive douche?

Nah, its pretty well documented that he's an asshole, partly why i don't like him as well, he always has this 'houlier than thou' aura about him. Even in his pressers, its like he's unveiling the new iphone or something. I mean look at the whole Doctor Wolfhart fiasco at Bayern, absolute prick of a guy, and people wonder why he's such an unlikeable figure

I guess specifically I'm looking to an answer to this "it's pretty well documented he's an asshole" comment.

I'm aware that for many people it has to do with their view of the perception he gives off. Which is why, like I said, this is ultimately a dumb conversation. I can't convince someone to perceive Pep differently. Those people will take something like Pep going "the other team was great today!" and say he was being an asshole. Not going to argue about that kind of stuff.

This however, is concrete. ES has made a claim here and I'm just wondering where this documentation is.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:41 am

Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt is that documentation
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:47 am

So he's an prick and asshole because he wanted to get rid of someone involved with fitness when his team was getting constant injuries.

Seems entirely legit.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:02 am

Lambasting the team doctor for an injury crisis? Every f*cking team goes through a stint of injuries, you remember that Barca game where they got destroyed by Bayern in '12? You remember the lineups they fielded? I don't see any mentioning of that, where was Barca's club doctor then? What happened? The guy tried to publicly lay the blame on Hans, didn't even try to be subtle, but of course valiant Pep tards will frolick and spin it in his favor, and no that isn't the only case where his doucheness showed, watching him throughout the years you get to know, little things like pushing CR, not trying to give the ball, refusing handshakes in friendlies in a America, pressers like the ones posted where he uses vulgar language, all contribute. I'm done 'debating' this shit, @futbol needs to come see this
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:42 am

are we talking about the 7-0 defeat agg against barca?
when barca practically had no manager due to his fight with cancer your asking why the blame wasn't put on the medical staff?

Laughing wut????

your sounding a little sensitive on how things affect you.. i mean your bringing up stuff like pep not giving the ball to CR in el classico for reasons to dislike a guy, it's the biggest rivalry in the game, one of the biggest stages sht gets heated much MUCH worse things have happened in those games than a simple push haha

or saying WTF in live TV for not knowing some poverty trophy name Laughing
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:51 am

Tbf to ES, about the doc incident I think he's speaking about no one from Barcelona blaming the doc for the injuries we suffered, compared to Pep doing it on live TV.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:49 am

I love how Mole told Free not to bother and then spent 4 pages 'bothering' Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:51 am

i blame that loss (the 7-0 aggr) to bad luck and given the situation of our manager not training with the players and having Jordi Roura take over as manager in the most important part of the season

besides the point if you don't like the staff you're 100% fine to get rid of them.
why would anyone blame the medical department in barca though, our players rarely get injured.
fact; bayern had a bad track record with injuries as a fan i would be pissed if something wouldn't be done differently
that makes him an asshole??

know what makes you an asshole? getting mad at your medical staff for doing their job then firing her after telling her she's a daughter of a whore on live tv
or publicly blaming your players when you lose but then have the balls to say you're the special one when you win
or... how about starting pointless drama saying X club gets favorable calls from ref on many different occasions
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:59 am

Honestly, the incident that I would consider him being a dick (or a dick move) is when he had refused to shake the MLS coach hand. Him and his staff to be exact.

The doctor incident isn't as clear cut depending on who you ask unless you ask Viva or Rwo and pushing Cristiano was just one of many stupid things that took place during those Clasico's.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:09 am

What he did there was wrong, but you also have to understand the context. The MLS All Star team was playing rugby out there in a friendly, their frustration was understandable. I believe Schweni picked up an injury there.

Again I'm not saying it's right by Pep and his coaching staff, but him and his team being furious or upset at that is understandable. If it was our team going through that stuff we'd all be furious too.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:12 am

Doc wrote:
The doctor incident isn't as clear cut depending on who you ask unless you ask Viva or Rwo and pushing Cristiano was just one of many stupid things that took place during those Clasico's.

What do you think about Pep's actions here honestly?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:22 am

That actually happened? Damn. Shit. Damn. Shit. Well, what I think? That is absolutely unprofessional from someone who I admire. I get you and your staff have real disagreements but jeez, cameras exist in a game.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:25 am

How'd you never see that? lol GL had a topic or 2 on it Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:57 am

Is my memory of the game bad? I don't remember us being injury stricken when we played Bayern. We just got rekt because we didn't have a manager and Bayern were beasts. We played like a typical Barca team would (press high, possession based, potentially fragile to a very good counter attacking team) but we lacked any positional/tactical discipline whatsoever, so instead of stopping the counters before they started, Bayern ran right through us.

I went and checked: The first leg where we were beat 4-0 the Barca lineup was this

Valdes
Alves Pique Bartra Alba
Busquets
Xavi Iniesta
Alexis Messi Pedro
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:11 am

Out of curiosity...this is the first time I've seen that vine. I'm just curious as a person who is watching it right now, is he sarcastically applauding his medical staff?

He's doing it towards the sideline but from that video there is no indication who it is toward.

EDIT: I would also like to say that refusing a handshake in the MLS all star game was unprofessional. It was. No denying that, but Wenger, SAF and many other managers have at times done the same. It's not the end of the world, and it doesn't make him a douche anymore than it makes SAF or Wenger a douche. In fact there is more "reason" if you want to call it that when a team is being aggressive in a friendly and injuring your players rather than when it's during the general season like for SAF or Wenger (and doubtless many others). It's unprofessional all the same, but I fail to see where this makes him a douche and yet when Wenger comes up nobody talks about how much of a douche he is because he refused to shake hands with Mourinho. It's just typical double standards when it comes to Pep. The haters "perceive" it to be incredibly douchey from him yet from others...well they probably forgot about it Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next