McLewis
RealGunner
Casciavit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
17 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 24 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 24

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:34 am

Shame wwe crowd will never take him seriously

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 24 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 24

Post by Casciavit Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:36 am

ES wrote:What a f*cking match, those knees ffs, King of strong style :bow:

Sadly, i don't see him making it far in WWE, where charisma, talking, interfering etc is all important. Crowd loves him tho

ES wrote:Not to mention his ethnic background, not to sound racist or anything, but i have hard time seeing them push him. More with WWE than him, much easier to identify with a white male american

How WWE treats Nakamura on the main roster will be interesting. NXT will treat him like the star he is either way. However, it has to be noted that they've let him keep his name, gimmick, and entrance. Triple H told him just to be himself. He's also getting main roster pay on NXT. That leads me to believe that WWE might have high hopes for him.

Honestly, it depends on if he gets over on the main roster. Things that are over on NXT don't necessarily get over on RAW. AJ Styles managed to get over, but Nakamura's shtick is different. It's 'out' there lol.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:48 am

Just started watching. Heard a Kolo/Yaya chant hmm

European crowds >>>

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:56 am

RealGunner wrote:Shame wwe crowd will never take him seriously

Nah i think they will, he's so damn charismatic. Plus the reason they signed him above his talents is because they want to push the Network in Japan.

It's why i said weeks ago that i'm convinced they are going to push him to the moon, he's not the same as every other Japanese guy they have had he's a legitimate superstar.

Only reason he's not on the main roster now is because working in the US from a camera work point of view is hugely different to Japan.

I might be wrong and WWE have *bleep* up before but i truly truly believe he'll be massive.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:02 pm

I don't doubt he is a superstar. But WWE crowd rarely take any foreigner seriously. Even british guys have it hard and they can speak english.

Hope i am wrong. If he can't cut a promo, i hope he gets paired with a fresh manager and not someone washed up.

Also is NXT takeover on network mole?

and who dis tho ffs?

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:12 pm

Bayley, she's awesome lol.

I just realized you meant the crowd and not WWE in the sense of Vince/HHH.

In that sense then maybe but i think his overall charisma and work will get him over. Also yeah all the NXT stuff is on the network.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:12 pm

That entrance :bow:

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:13 pm

Yea i meant the crowd. They are 90% responsible for wrestler's fame.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:17 pm

True hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:10 pm

Guys like Cesaro and Nakamura would have no problem if they could actually speak English in a non awkward way. I mean in movies/TV shows, foreign actors always seem pretty badass, especially Japanese/Chinese fighters.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:04 pm

Cesaro has nowhere near the Charisma though that's his problem not that he's awkward speaking. I mean it would help but it's not the underlying problem imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:22 pm

Just finished watching the whole thing. I really enjoyed two hours of solid wrestling without any bullshit backstage segments.

First time watching Samoa Joe in a match. Looks like he could be a star on the main roster. He's got everything.

I'm not sure how well Balor's gimmick will be received by the WWE audience but at the very least his entrance is GOAT.

First time seeing a lot of these guys, actually. American Alpha look like a fun, dynamic team. Also good to see Japanese wrestlers treated like actual legit wrestlers and not this weird, funny foreign thing that can't speak English.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Heard a lot of people haven't been impressed with Balor's run in WWE.

I think the problem is he doesn't actually have a character. He paints his face like a demon at PPV's only and he's got a cool entrance. But he turns into a regular guy once he's wrestling or cutting a promo.

Would be like Taker walking to the ring like a deadman, but then cutting a promo/wrestling like a regular guy. He has to live the gimmick 24/7 and show no signs of being a regular relatable human.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:48 pm

The problem with Balor's gimmick is he doesn't behave or act any differently as the " demon " Laughing

I think if he's going to debut as a stable with Anderson and Gallows and maybe others to join like M99 mentioned before then he could be ok but if he's goes to the main roster by himself i really would be concerned with him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:52 pm

As for Samoa Joe, i have one concern with him. He's at his best when he's a heel who is legit intimidating and wants the kick the living shit out of anyone who gets in his way.

Don't book him like that you take something away from him, i mean he's still great as like Jay said he does literally have everything but that's what he's best at. AKA Monster heel who can talk.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:55 pm

That's basically where I wasn't sure about Balor. He arrives at the arena a normal guy, then comes out prancing about on all fours with face paint or, in this case, waving a chainsaw about. Then he's in the ring wrestling like a normal guy again.

So unless they establish something like "I turn into a demon when the paint goes on" I don't know if he can get over with that gimmick. Maybe some vignettes could have helped with that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:55 pm

Haven't been impressed with Samoa Joe either. Don't see what's so special about him. Maybe I should stop buying into the hype created by the IWC. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:01 pm

Onyx wrote:Haven't been impressed with Samoa Joe either. Don't see what's so special about him. Maybe I should stop buying into the hype created by the IWC. hmm

Laughing

In terms of his character there's few better heels on the roster tbh, he's really good at selling that he's a bad ass who will kick the shit out of anyone that gets in his way.

That's what special about him, not many can sell that character nowadays.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:03 pm

Balor only does the paint thing at PPV's. And most people judge NXT from the PPV's. Whereas with WWE, the weekly shows are more important imo.

It's why the divas revolution thing didn't really make sense. People kept saying the divas had great matches on NXT and only had 2 mins on RAW. But the great matches the divas on NXT had were on PPV's. And divas always get time when it comes to WWE PPV's.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Onyx wrote:Haven't been impressed with Samoa Joe either. Don't see what's so special about him. Maybe I should stop buying into the hype created by the IWC. hmm

Laughing

In terms of his character there's few better heels on the roster tbh, he's really good at selling that he's a bad ass who will kick the shit out of anyone that gets in his way.

It's the same with AJ. I don't really care about what they did in TNA. With the WWE they have to start from scratch and so far I've see nothing from either of them to justify the hype.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:06 pm

Onyx wrote:Balor only does the paint thing at PPV's. And most people judge NXT from the PPV's. Whereas with WWE, the weekly shows are more important imo.

It's why the divas revolution thing didn't really make sense. People kept saying the divas had great matches on NXT and only had 2 mins on RAW. But the great matches the divas on NXT had were on PPV's. And divas always get time when it comes to WWE PPV's.

The most time a Diva's match has got at WM ( which is the biggest PPV) is 10 mins so no not really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:07 pm

Onyx wrote:

Laughing

It's the same with AJ. I don't really care about what they did in TNA. With the WWE they have to start from scratch and so far I've see nothing from either of them to justify the hype.

But Samoa Joe has shown that in NXT though hmm Especially last night lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:26 pm

Onyx wrote:Balor only does the paint thing at PPV's. And most people judge NXT from the PPV's. Whereas with WWE, the weekly shows are more important imo.

The most time a Diva's match has got at WM ( which is the biggest PPV) is 10 mins so no not really.

They always get reasonable time at PPV's. People were complaining about how they were treated like shit with 2 min matches on RAW and how NXT divas were changing the perception of womens wrestling. I think too much generalising went on.

Firstly NXT has a different audience to WWE which HHH has openly admitted on numerous occasions. They're hardcore fans/smarks who like watching an athletic contest. Why else would an ironman divas match main event a PPV? Laughing

Secondly, the males and females share similar levels of star power on NXT. Why? Well because when you start a new show and everybody is on a similar level, it's easier to present the females as equals to males.

So basically people just didn't take into consideration that WWE and NXT are 2 different shows when asking for divas to be given a chance.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:36 pm

Most of time Diva's matches get 5 mins if that on PPV since Trish and Lita, they are usually used as a way to calm the crowd down and let people go for piss breaks lol.

They haven't been treated in the same way at all, tomorrow is a big test for this whole revolution stuff. If they get 15 minute plus then they are definitely serious about it because that's never happened.

I think NXT divas are changing the perception from a sense, but for it to be taken seriously this triple threat has to be given the time it deserves. No one really expects them to have long matches on Raw, but the last time there was a decent length womens match at a PPV was Trish vs Mickie James at WM22 lol.

That's what people mean by saying give diva's a chance.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:50 pm

But why should they get more time just for the sake of it? NXT is a different environment compared to the WWE, surely that has to be considered. You can't copy and paste what works on there onto WWE shows.

Like I said, the males share the same amount of star power as females on NXT, which is why I'd be more open to watching longer divas matches over there.

But on WWE shows it doesn't work because the midcarders/main eventers are superior to the divas. So it only makes sense for the superior talents to get more time.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:57 pm

What impressed me the most about Samoa Joe was how diverse his moveset was - power moves, acrobatic moves, submissions, etc. I loved that Boston Crab > Crossface combo he did. And more important as far as the main roster is concerned he has presence and personality.

WWE have been looking for a monster heel for ages. They've always gone with big powerful guys with as much personality as a plank of wood. Joe could finally fill this role for them.

As for the women: they should get more PPV time because that's how you'll get them over as serious wrestlers and not mere eye candy. And if you've got a load of very talented female wrestlers why wouldn't you give them the opportunity to show it? It's not really a question of them being better then the men, but making sensible use of the talent at your disposal.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next