McLewis
RealGunner
Casciavit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
17 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 24 - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 24

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:57 pm

What impressed me the most about Samoa Joe was how diverse his moveset was - power moves, acrobatic moves, submissions, etc. I loved that Boston Crab > Crossface combo he did. And more important as far as the main roster is concerned he has presence and personality.

WWE have been looking for a monster heel for ages. They've always gone with big powerful guys with as much personality as a plank of wood. Joe could finally fill this role for them.

As for the women: they should get more PPV time because that's how you'll get them over as serious wrestlers and not mere eye candy. And if you've got a load of very talented female wrestlers why wouldn't you give them the opportunity to show it? It's not really a question of them being better then the men, but making sensible use of the talent at your disposal.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 24 - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 24

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:06 pm

Onyx wrote:But why should they get more time just for the sake of it? NXT is a different environment compared to the WWE, surely that has to be considered. You can't copy and paste what works on there onto WWE shows.

Like I said, the males share the same amount of star power as females on NXT, which is why I'd be more open to watching longer divas matches over there.

But on WWE shows it doesn't work because the midcarders/main eventers are superior to the divas. So it only makes sense for the superior talents to get more time.

Yeah but with these 3 it's not just because of the sake of it, they genuinely do deserve it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:08 pm

Jay29 wrote:What impressed me the most about Samoa Joe was how diverse his moveset was - power moves, acrobatic moves, submissions, etc. I loved that Boston Crab > Crossface combo he did. And more important as far as the main roster is concerned he has presence and personality.

WWE have been looking for a monster heel for ages. They've always gone with big powerful guys with as much personality as a plank of wood. Joe could finally fill this role for them.

As for the women: they should get more PPV time because that's how you'll get them over as serious wrestlers and not mere eye candy. And if you've got a load of very talented female wrestlers why wouldn't you give them the opportunity to show it? It's not really a question of them being better then the men, but making sensible use of the talent at your disposal.

Completely agree. Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:37 pm

I'm a fan of Joe.

Athletic heavyweights who move like lightweights are the most enjoyable to watch in the ring IMO.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:39 pm

Agreed with that
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:46 pm

Casciavit wrote:I'm a fan of Joe.

Athletic heavyweights who move like lightweights are the most enjoyable to watch in the ring IMO.

Don't think there is in particular style that is more enjoyable tbh hmm

Depends on the person imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:48 pm

some people enjoy midgets kicking and kneeing as we know (:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:53 pm

It's not a case of just giving them more time, it goes beyond that. Wrestling isn't just about matches.

Right now the midcarders and main eventers are superior. The order goes, main event, midcard, divas/jobbers. It's been like that for a while because the divas never get a push. Your status determines how much airtime you get and how you're treated. AJ was last person to involve herself in big storylines and look how big of a legend she became. On NXT, because the males/females are on a similar level when it comes to star power, the divas can stand out and play a bigger part. They don't need a 'push'. But on the main roster, you have different tiers like I described above.

Go back to 2014 and the Stephanie vs Bella story. Unlike a lot of people, I thought the story was entertaining. Now Stephanie is capable of playing a big part in a main event. She gets a lot of airtime to build stories with different people. Why? Well because she's great on the mic, a huge personality and a legend. The fact that the Bellas were associated with Stephanie put them in the spotlight like never before.

The way I see it is if anyone, not just divas, want a bigger role to play, they need to be associated with star power. Of course you need to consider that the WWE roster is dominated by males, so there's more competition among them and they need to do a lot more to warrant a push. But with divas, they need to be inserted into big storylines so people care about them. It's what Chyna and Stephanie did back in the attitude era.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:55 pm

There's always something to admire about a near 300 pound man flying about the ring.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:55 pm

Come to think of it most of my all time favourites seem to be like HBK from a style point of view.

I.E. Athletic high flyers who have a ground game as well.

I do like what Cascia described as well though hmm Unfortunately 300lb guys who move like Joe are a very rare breed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:59 pm

This part

Stephanie has a point, WWE survived with much more legendary figures hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Come to think of it most of my all time favourites seem to be like HBK from a style point of view.

I.E. Athletic high flyers who have a ground game as well.

Same, these are my favorite type of wrestlers, loved me some Shawn Micaels, Jeff Hardy etc
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:05 pm

If that's what Steph really thinks, why not turn him heel. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:30 pm

I have a hard time seeing him turn heel
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:33 pm

The Official WWE Thread - Part 24 - Page 31 E0ErFAc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:27 pm

Poor mans Bryan's running knee. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:22 pm

With the Zayn match, I have only ever seen three Nakamura matches in my life and he has become one of my favorites.

The guy just oozes charisma. He carries himself like a star. I think he will be huge on WWE.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:33 pm

Before yesterday i watched about a half of dozen of his matches ( i already had seen his match with AJ Styles and his match with Kota Ibushi before that)

But he still blew me away lol despite all that, he also made me like Zayn as most of Zayn's matches didn't really have an effect that i had when i first watched other guys who would consider the best in the world but that match bloody did.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:35 pm

Kota Ibushi match was one of, if not my favorite match of all time. The storytelling in that match was off the charts.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:03 pm

Yeah three matches of I watched. vs Ibsuhi WK9, vs AJ Styles WK10 and vs Zayn last night. All three were amazing.

And on Samoa Joe @Jay29 last night was nothing lol. Try to watch his triple threat against AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels on 2005 and his match with CM Punk on ROH. Guy is perhaps the best big man on the ring I've ever seen. It should be illegal for such a big guy to be this agile.

On storylines I think both Joe and Balor are gonna come to the main roster. Balor will probably turn heel with Bullet Club and drop the NXT title to Itami or Nakamura on Tokyo. Itami is the likelier candidate, they'll probably reveal Balor injured him.

Was genuinely surprised at the Women's title outcome. Bayley vs Asuka II is pretty much a given at Tokyo.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:18 pm

Samoa Joe's initial run in TNA was amazing just from a character stand point, it literally seemed like the X Division was powerless to stop him.

Perfect monster heel work tbh, then there's his work with Kurt Angle :bow: After that they booked him poorly sadly which is my concern with the main roster, as good as Joe is he needs to be put in the right situation.

Luckily there's a gaping hole on the roster for what he's good at, i believe in him more than i do Balor tbh.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:19 pm

What are THE Wrestlemania locks lads?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:21 pm

I'm not sure there are any Laughing

I mean in theory there are some that should be locks, but i wouldn't even be surprised if they try to swerve everyone.

Reigns should be a lock, but there's a small possibility that they'll try and screw him and that applies to most of the matches.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:22 pm

rebs betting on WWE, such an addict rofl

2 lazy to watch this NXT event that people are hyping, will be there for Mania, hype at sub zero levels.

Haven't been following Raw for months so idk if Reigns is over with fans completely (imagine not), can't imagine him not going over for the second Mania in a row though.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:25 pm

Balor is younger than him and is Triple H's golden boy, so he'll get a bigger push. Also WM32 set.

Spoiler:

There's no way Shane's gonna jump from the top of the cell. Maybe from the middle of it.

Last edited by M99 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:25 pm

Firenze wrote:rebs betting on WWE, such an addict rofl

2 lazy to watch this NXT event that people are hyping, will be there for Mania, hype at sub zero levels.

Haven't been following Raw for months so idk if Reigns is over with fans completely (imagine not), can't imagine him not going over for the second Mania in a row though.

If Reigns winning doesn't get booed by every single person in the arena i'll be shocked. That's where we are at.

The thing with these matches is that they seem predictable but they have left enough open to think it could go another way. For example i wouldn't even be surprised if Shane or Taker wins, neither outcome would shock me and that applies to most matches.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next