alexjanosik
BarrileteCosmico
Myesyats
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eibar - Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Eibar - Barcelona

Post by alexjanosik Mon 7 Mar - 11:59:32

nazimali12 wrote:I think this is called different thing, but definitely not passing under pressure. maybe tiki taka under pressure? because its simply passes but used in right moment and right place. I agree that Alves is the best at it (only second to messi) in Barcelona team.

here is more of them

Why isnt it passing under pressure? They perform a complicated sequence of passes while being closed down and pressed. Their passing enables them to escape the pressure and open up the play. I think it is a good example. What would you describe as passing under pressure then?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon 7 Mar - 12:02:33

free_cat wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:Terrible 30 min.Watch the game again. He is still the best fullback on the planet and we dont win jack without him.
Oh I forgot.You are on the Messi bandwagon.Jog it on.
Does it hurt you to know that Alves is a better passer under pressure than Messi.

Alves isn't a better passer than Messi under pressure, above pressure or besides pressure.

I think Alves is a slightly better passer under pressure. I just happen to think he is more precise and less prone to making mistakes.Messi has a tendency to overhit and play to the wrong foot. You wont agree. Lets leave it at that.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon 7 Mar - 12:16:27

Modric is a fantastic passer. He uses the outside of the foot better than anyone that I've seen. Him and Marcelo are IMO our best passers. I've rarely seen Marcelo miss a 1 touch pass. Thiago, Gundogan (he's ridiculously two footed) are also great from BL. In PL, Ozil is the best followed by David Silva. Kroos' has great precision but he usually needs 2 touches.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon 7 Mar - 12:39:44

Valkyrja wrote:Modric is a fantastic passer. He uses the outside of the foot better than anyone that I've seen. Him and Marcelo are IMO our best passers. I've rarely seen Marcelo miss a 1 touch pass. Thiago, Gundogan (he's ridiculously two footed) are also great from BL. In PL, Ozil is the best followed by David Silva. Kroos' has great precision but he usually needs 2 touches.

Good choices. Modric is a great passer. Very good under pressure. And yeah he is a fantastic outside of the foot passer but I can name someone from his neck of the woods who is better at that skill. Tomas Rosicky is arguably better at that. Modric is a great choice though and I wont argue too much. I would rate him and Alves on a par although not entirely sure the Croat is better.

Marcelo is an excellent passer but I am more impressed by his creativity and ingenuity than his passing. One of my favorite players and easily the most creative player at Madrid. Alves is a better passer imo.

Thiago is a great passer and very good under pressure but the problem I have with him is the same I have with Messi. The weight of the pass is too often off on the supposedly easier passes. He either overhits them or plays to the wrong foot. Unless he can erase that from his game, Alves is better imo.

Gundogan I am not too sure is an elite passer. Certainly not better than Alves.
Silva is an excellent suggestion.He is great under pressure and has the final pass. Tight one. I prefer Alves but I wont argue if you say the Spaniard is marginally better.
Ozil has a great final ball but I dont think he can pass as well as Alves under pressure.
Kroos as you mentioned has deficiencies. He has great range with either foot but he doesnt have the final ball and is not great when pressed.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon 7 Mar - 12:59:16

alexjanosik wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Modric is a fantastic passer. He uses the outside of the foot better than anyone that I've seen. Him and Marcelo are IMO our best passers. I've rarely seen Marcelo miss a 1 touch pass. Thiago, Gundogan (he's ridiculously two footed) are also great from BL. In PL, Ozil is the best followed by David Silva. Kroos' has great precision but he usually needs 2 touches.

Good choices. Modric is a great passer. Very good under pressure. And yeah he is a fantastic outside of the foot passer but I can name someone from his neck of the woods who is better at that skill. Tomas Rosicky is arguably better at that. Modric is a great choice though and I wont argue too much. I would rate him and Alves on a par although not entirely sure the Croat is better.

Marcelo is an excellent passer but I am more impressed by his creativity and ingenuity than his passing. One of my favorite players and easily the most creative player at Madrid. Alves is a better passer imo.

Thiago is a great passer and very good under pressure but the problem I have with him is the same I have with Messi. The weight of the pass is too often off on the supposedly easier passes. He either overhits them or plays to the wrong foot. Unless he can erase that from his game, Alves is better imo.

Gundogan I am not too sure is an elite passer. Certainly not better than Alves.
Silva is an excellent suggestion.He is great under pressure and has the final pass. Tight one. I prefer Alves but I wont argue if you say the Spaniard is marginally better.
Ozil has a great final ball but I dont think he can pass as well as Alves under pressure.
Kroos as you mentioned has deficiencies. He has great range with either foot but he doesnt have the final ball and is not great when pressed.

when you play in the middle it is important to be two-footed imo. that's why ozil sometimes struggles under pressure because most of the times he has to switch the ball to his left foot. players like marcelo and alves who play near the touchline most of the time receive the ball on their stronger foot and gain 1 second. quick feet and first touch are also important for someone to be a great passer, especially under pressure. kroos has probably the best passing range in the world at the moment, but he is very slow and can't react quickly

Gundogan is fantastic in my opinion and the quintessential heir to Xavi as I don't even want to hear the mention of Verratti. doesn't quite have the close control dribbling that Verratti has (but neither does Xavi), but his intelligence, space awareness, composure, movement and first touch are up there with the best in the world. the italian doesn't strike me as an incredibly intelligent player. never seen a young midfielder dominate a game like Gundogan did in 12/13 against us. he was everywhere. came deep to get the ball, distribute, penetrate our defence ocasionally, was in defence helping out, was there always for a pass. fantastic display.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon 7 Mar - 13:09:38

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Thoughts on Munir's performance? Is he ready to step up as the first alternative to MSN and become the new Pedro?

Personally I tought his passing was quite imprecise, and you could see it annoy Suarez at times, but at the same time he opened the score board when it mattered.
0,87 GAp90m Munir 15-16, 7+7, 1454 min
0,82 GAp90m Pedro 14-15, 11+9, 2197 min

Munir is worse passer than Pedro, but better dribbler.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon 7 Mar - 13:22:00

Those stats would've made sense if Munir had come up against the exact same players, at the same level, under the same circumstances, all while having the exact same amount of possession and freedom; which, realistically speaking, is almost impossible to have.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Mon 7 Mar - 13:26:08

alexjanosik wrote:
nazimali12 wrote:I think this is called different thing, but definitely not passing under pressure. maybe tiki taka under pressure? because its simply passes but used in right moment and right place. I agree that Alves is the best at it (only second to messi) in Barcelona team.

here is more of them

Why isnt it passing under pressure? They perform a complicated sequence of passes while being closed down and pressed. Their passing enables them to escape the pressure and open up the play. I think it is a good example. What would you describe as passing under pressure then?
playing under pressure is the best description. If you can play under pressure well then there is no problem with passing if you are a great passer. if messi is so calm when dribbling and shooting under pressure then why he would get nervious while passing? No logic here.

What you want to say is Alves is a great player under pressure.this is it. And overhitting happens with everybody.alves himself makes tons of overhit passes.this argument is extra detailed i think.and prooving something is difficult as nobody thinks about those details much
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Mon 7 Mar - 14:29:09

Valkyrja wrote:

when you play in the middle it is important to be two-footed imo. that's why ozil sometimes struggles under pressure because most of the times he has to switch the ball to his left foot. players like marcelo and alves who play near the touchline most of the time receive the ball on their stronger foot and gain 1 second. quick feet and first touch are also important for someone to be a great passer, especially under pressure. kroos has probably the best passing range in the world at the moment, but he is very slow and can't react quickly
i think it doesnt turn you into a great passer when  you are under pressure. you are same passer but pressure doesnt affect your pass. Means you are great player under pressure

Agree with touchline point. We havent seen alves and marcelo in the middle to call them better passer than the players mentioned in this thread. probably we would have more overhit and misplaced pass examples from them
Kebab
Kebab

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 7 Mar - 16:10:33

It's all relative isn't it? You can be the best passer in the word, but it means nothing if your teammates aren't putting themselves in good positions to receive the pass and/or making good runs.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 7 Mar - 16:12:15

Harmonica wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Thoughts on Munir's performance? Is he ready to step up as the first alternative to MSN and become the new Pedro?

Personally I tought his passing was quite imprecise, and you could see it annoy Suarez at times, but at the same time he opened the score board when it mattered.

Hardly a surprise that anyone would be a better dribbled than that Pedro
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon 7 Mar - 16:17:59

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Those stats would've made sense if Munir had come up against the exact same players, at the same level, under the same circumstances, all while having the exact same amount of possession and freedom; which, realistically speaking, is almost impossible to have.

Great post, that also applies to most other statistical comparisons if not every one of them.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon 7 Mar - 17:04:39

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Hardly a surprise that anyone would be a better dribbled than that Pedro
That's true, but he is pretty good dribbler, has got like 3 or 4 penalties running at players this season.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon 7 Mar - 17:51:07

nazimali12 wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

i think it doesnt turn you into a great passer when  you are under pressure. you are same passer but pressure doesnt affect your pass. Means you are great player under pressure

Agree with touchline point. We havent seen alves and marcelo in the middle to call them better passer than the players mentioned in this thread. probably we would have more overhit and misplaced pass examples from them

Passing has everything to do with pressure. Surprised you are failing to see such a self evident point. Just look at players in our team like Rakitic, Alba and Pique. All 3 generally good passers of the ball. But press them and put them under pressure and they turn into woeful passers.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Mon 7 Mar - 19:22:46

alexjanosik wrote:
nazimali12 wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Passing has everything to do with pressure. Surprised you are failing to see such a self evident point. Just look at players in our team like Rakitic, Alba and Pique. All 3 generally good passers of the ball. But press them and put them under pressure and they turn into woeful passers.
yes this is what i said. its not only their passing they are  overall not good under pressure. my logic was that a good passer doesnt become a great passer under pressure. his passing stays the same. but good passer can become a bad passer under pressure because they are overall poor under pressure. Alves is overall good under pressure
Kebab
Kebab

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue 8 Mar - 10:12:36

Marcus Aurelius wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:Those stats would've made sense if Munir had come up against the exact same players, at the same level, under the same circumstances, all while having the exact same amount of possession and freedom; which, realistically speaking, is almost impossible to have.

Great post, that also applies to most other statistical comparisons if not every one of them.
Don't hate on munir. I can see him being a world beater in a few years. Give him time
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 8 Mar - 17:17:05

At what moment did I hate on Munir lol? I like him as a player. Just wanted to emphasize how pointless most of the statistical comparisons are, as also did the Demon, who happens to be Lucifer's relative?

I reckon Munir is a great player. Still needs to work on his passing game though.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue 8 Mar - 17:38:57

Marcus Aurelius wrote: Demon, who happens to be Lucifer's relative?

Nah he tries to win people's hearts while I roast people's heart and eat it with french fries and diet coke. Little difference I suppose. Devil by name devil by game, I am.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 8 Mar - 17:46:36

That sounds pretty violent. I thought you were that nice little kid from the neigbourhood? Those must be the effects of the extra hard test your were preparing for recently *chuckles subtly*.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue 8 Mar - 17:51:36

Laughing

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.