Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

+49
BeautifulGame
Luca
Onyx
breva
Winter is Coming
VivaStPauli
Neutropin
futbol_bill
Thimmy
windkick
shadexticos
Mr Nick09
danyjr
dronte
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
Myesyats
Donuts
Lord Awesome
Based Bonera
Lex
Ion Creanga
Robespierre
Turok_TTZ
terrance511
zigra
CBarca
Curtinho
Socur Toxanarosa
sportsczy
matpol
Art Morte
Doc
Pedram
M99
BarcaLearning
chad4401
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
farfan
The Demon of Carthage
rincon
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
BORUSSIA!!
Lucifer
salmano9
Freeza
Cruijf
53 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 9 Empty Re: Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

Post by TrezeGent Wed May 11, 2016 2:51 pm

sportsczy wrote:Juve barely beat us last year and we sucked far worse than this year... and they had Tevez. We beat Barca in the second clasico at Camp Nou. We've won 16 out of the last 17 games... and the only loss was to Wolfsburg away 4 days after the clasico win at Camp Nou (emotional let down that always happen after clasicos).

So really.... please tell us how this team is sub par right now. We're playing tactical football because we don't have the pieces to play expansively due to injury and/or player profiles. But luck allowing, we'll have BBC in the CL Final with Casemiro as the DM so Modric and Kroos can push up behind the strikers. For the first time since forever, we'll have our full lineup. Despite winning, we've had either Bale, Ronaldo or Benzema injured since as long as I can remember. We don't have a replacement for any of them so we have to play differently when one is absent.

I can go on and on.

Bottom line is that, for once, we haven't been so arrogant to just play the same regardless of circumstances. We've been pragmatic when needed. As a result, we're getting results in games where we NEVER got results before.

No, just no. Ancelotti is 10 times the manager Zidane currently is. I watched a few games of Madrid this year and most were won due to individual brilliance, but there's no way in hell you are better this season. Dont be deluded just because you haven't faced any top teams on form yet.

TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 9 Empty Re: Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

Post by chad4401 Wed May 11, 2016 3:07 pm

this forum and the madrid hate :facepalm: , i bet money if atleti/barca had gotten these draws there wouldn't even been a thread, just posters circle jerking to simone or messi about how much better than madrid they are, hope the club wins the CL while destroying AM, just to watch the back tracking and butthurt.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 11, 2016 3:15 pm

TrezeGent wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Juve barely beat us last year and we sucked far worse than this year... and they had Tevez. We beat Barca in the second clasico at Camp Nou. We've won 16 out of the last 17 games... and the only loss was to Wolfsburg away 4 days after the clasico win at Camp Nou (emotional let down that always happen after clasicos).

So really.... please tell us how this team is sub par right now. We're playing tactical football because we don't have the pieces to play expansively due to injury and/or player profiles. But luck allowing, we'll have BBC in the CL Final with Casemiro as the DM so Modric and Kroos can push up behind the strikers. For the first time since forever, we'll have our full lineup. Despite winning, we've had either Bale, Ronaldo or Benzema injured since as long as I can remember. We don't have a replacement for any of them so we have to play differently when one is absent.

I can go on and on.

Bottom line is that, for once, we haven't been so arrogant to just play the same regardless of circumstances. We've been pragmatic when needed. As a result, we're getting results in games where we NEVER got results before.

No, just no. Ancelotti is 10 times the manager Zidane currently is. I watched a few games of Madrid this year and most were won due to individual brilliance, but there's no way in hell you are better this season. Dont be deluded just because you haven't faced any top teams on form yet.

Stop pretending that you watched our games. In the second half of last season we were very bad, jaded, fatigued and out of ideas. It was in September-December 2014 when we were dominant
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Wed May 11, 2016 3:34 pm

^ Laughing Buthurt?

Last season Madrid was better. This season you're only in the title race because of Barca's month of *bleep* ups. Don't let the CL run fool you.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 11, 2016 3:43 pm

TrezeGent wrote:^ Laughing Buthurt?

Last season Madrid was better. This season you're only in the title race because of Barca's month of *bleep* ups. Don't let the CL run fool you.

And Barca had that 10 point advantage because while Rafa was here we were utter shit. Last season we were already super fatigued by the time we played Juve
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Wed May 11, 2016 3:51 pm

I'm not going to get into details of how that 10 point advantage was created and/or closed down. But you certainly can't blame fatigue for last season. Every top team plays the same amount of matches. If you blame fatigue you might as well add that Barca lost the 10 point advantage because of fatigue.

Dont get me wrong, I like Zidane a lot, but as great of a player he was, he won't take you anywhere as a coach. He is not an upgrade over the coach you had last year, and neither is your gameplay.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed May 11, 2016 3:52 pm

chad4401 wrote:i bet money if atleti/barca had gotten these draws there wouldn't even been a thread

I have to agree. We are a bunch of wankers.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed May 11, 2016 3:56 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
TrezeGent wrote:^ Laughing Buthurt?

And Barca had that 10 point advantage because while Rafa was here we were utter shit. Last season we were already super fatigued by the time we played Juve

Sounds like a rather lame excuse

Anyways, the points still don't add up

-Juventus barely beats a fatigued Real Madrid last season (and no I could care less that the point is against Juventus, as a Juventus supporter, I am just pointing out the fallacies)
-Real Madrid is tactically greater this season because of beating Barcelona in El Classico (I believe the score was 2-1, rather narrow if you ask me)
-Real Madrid is tactically greater because they beat powerhouses Wolfsburg with an aggregate score of 3-2 and Manchester City 1-0

When you break it down line by line, you can see how the argument is completely the same. Just replace fatigue from last season with tactical play of this season and you can see the only difference is that you narrowly lost to Juventus in the semifinal and narrowly beat Manchester City in this semifinal

Why can't Real Madrid just be a strong team that made the final and mad ea push for La Liga after replacing their manager midway through the season?

To me, that conclusion is much more reasonable then this utter stupidity of Zidane being the tactical genius that he is not and Real Madrid somehow being not as fatigued as last season when they faced and narrowly lost out to Juventus

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Lol, pretty sure I can blame fatigue because I know what I saw. Under Carlo, the team ran out of steam coming down to the business end of the season while Lucho time managed his team impeccably which allowed his team to peak during the same time. Always thought that was most impressive of him since I remember Lucho was getting real flack from supporters for his rotations early in that season. Anyway, fatigue is an excuse but it doesn't carry much weight. Juve beat us and that was that.

Yes, we are only in the title run because Barcelona slipped up for whatever reason but you need to win games to keep up and that's what we did. Two hands to clap and all that. The UCL final run was quite favourable but at the same time (which has been said over and over again mind you), you beat whoever is front of you and we have been very much deserved of being there.

In any case, if we can't beat Atletico then that should settle all debates. If we win, I suspect more of these "complaints".
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed May 11, 2016 4:57 pm

This thread wouldn't exist if another team had Madrid's route to the final. nobody was complaining when Manchester United reached the final by beating Marseille, Chelsea and Schalke in 2011, i'm not even gonna mention their group stage. if we don't deserve to be in the final then so does every other team that had a slightly easy route to the final. or maybe there's some kind of double standard regarding Real Madrid that just because we're a bigger team we shouldn't be facing any "easy" team ?

The truth is some people in this forum are bitter over the fact that Madrid is in the final and they can't hide their salty tears.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed May 11, 2016 5:26 pm

If a Madrid fan can tell me with a straight face they are better than three of Atleti, Juve, Bayern, and Barca they are crazy Laughing

They are simply not a top 2 team in Europe and as a neutral I genuinely feel robbed they are in the final ahead of better quality teams that would've provided a better quality match.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed May 11, 2016 5:33 pm

Juve couldn't even top their group and lost the decisive match to *bleep* Sevilla . Laughing

They don't deserve to be included with the likes of Atleti , Barça, and Bayern because of one final appearance . hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed May 11, 2016 5:40 pm

No, they deserve to be in that list because of how well they played against Bayern.

But even if you take them out, do you really think you're better than two of Bayern/Barca/Atleti?
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 11, 2016 5:40 pm

I really don't understand the fuss about Bayern as they've done nothing worth of taking about for 3 years in CL. The last time we've met they got manita'd and last year they were crushed by Barca yet they are still regarded as some kind of unbeatable force Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed May 11, 2016 5:45 pm

Cruijf wrote:No, they deserve to be in that list because of how well they played against Bayern.

But even if you take them out, do you really think you're better than two of Bayern/Barca/Atleti?

Benfica played pretty damn well against Bayern too , doesn't make them an elite team .

Real is capable of beating any of the 3 teams you mentioned on a good night ,  It's not like they didn't humiliate  Bayern the last time they met or didn't beat Atletico in the CL two years in a row..
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 11, 2016 5:55 pm

This Juventus is the new 82 Brasil or something?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed May 11, 2016 5:57 pm

The fuss about Bayern might have something to do with the fact they tore apart Atletico. You know, the team that ate Madrid for breakfast.

But since you guys are always asking "what has x team done to be considered so good", let me ask you: what has Madrid done to be a top 2 team in Europe? Every team on that list has beat elite teams this season. The best team Madrid played was City (currently struggling for fourth in the worst EPL in years) and they barely scraped past them. When's the last time Madrid beat an elite team?
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed May 11, 2016 6:04 pm

Sa Madrid isn't elite because they didn't beat an elite team this year , but Juve is because they looked good losing to one ?

M'kay .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 11, 2016 6:05 pm

Well, Madrid did beat Barcelona in their own backyard but I guess they weren't elite that day due to (excuses of many varieties). We also took 4 points from PSG but I doubt anyone considers them elite after their "showing" against City. Um, going by GL high standards, Madrid did not beat any elite teams Sad

I'm not sure I understand the top 2 team statement. Is it top 2 as in subjective or are you saying the two finalists are the top 2 teams in Europe?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 11, 2016 6:06 pm

Barcelona a few weeks back and the other will be on May 26.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 11, 2016 6:10 pm

Was Inter the best team, the year they beat Barca? No, but at end of day who cares or remembers?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed May 11, 2016 6:11 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Was Inter the best team, the year they beat Barca? No, but at end of day who cares or remembers?

I think they were . hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed May 11, 2016 6:12 pm

Yeah Inter was the best team that year. Almost always the team that wins the CL is the best team in the world. Few exceptions here and there (Chelsea comes to mind).
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Wed May 11, 2016 6:15 pm

These Madrid fanboys Laughing Laughing Laughing.

Just the fact that you consider beating Barca 2-1 your highlight of the season says enough.

Anyways, im really looking forward to the final. That game will really show what Madrid are made of this season.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed May 11, 2016 6:16 pm

I still remember some Madrid poster claiming City and Madrid are similar in quality when argued that they got easier opposition. Hmmmmmmm who would that be? hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed May 11, 2016 6:16 pm

to each their own. i got confused when you said "tore apart atletico", i mean, atleti won the tie, and even the game they lost was a 2-1 loss, a goal loss isn't necessarily tearing another team apart. i personally don't care about rankings, i'll be happy for madrid to be ranked 13th, and win titles, than to be given the peoples choice award albeit getting knocked out at the early stage of the competition. i prefer us being in the finals now, than back in 04 when we had the peoples "respect" (for whatever that's worth), and got knocked out by monaco in the second round.....hell, if we can get an "easy" road next season, i'll be very delighted.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next