Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

+49
BeautifulGame
Luca
Onyx
breva
Winter is Coming
VivaStPauli
Neutropin
futbol_bill
Thimmy
windkick
shadexticos
Mr Nick09
danyjr
dronte
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
Myesyats
Donuts
Lord Awesome
Based Bonera
Lex
Ion Creanga
Robespierre
Turok_TTZ
terrance511
zigra
CBarca
Curtinho
Socur Toxanarosa
sportsczy
matpol
Art Morte
Doc
Pedram
M99
BarcaLearning
chad4401
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
farfan
The Demon of Carthage
rincon
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
BORUSSIA!!
Lucifer
salmano9
Freeza
Cruijf
53 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

Post by Adit Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm

farfan wrote:Why are we acting as if Madrid are already in the final ? Laughing

City have enough individual talent to trouble Madrid .

City is actually pretty evenly matched team.

Bayern may have only played one more tough match than Madrid if both reached the finals so i dont get this crying. Seems more like some people are scared their predictions are going to get bumped hard.

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:27 pm

Madrid deserved to be there. End off
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:28 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Dunno about final, but it's probably not even Madrid's easiest route to the semis Laughing

Are we not going to talk about our group, PSG and a EL semi finalist hmm

2011: Lyon - Tottenham - Barca
2012: CSKA - Apoel - Bayern
2013: United - Galatasaray - Dortmund
2014: Schalke - Dortmund - Bayern - Atletico
2015: Schalke - Atletico - Juve
2016: Roma - Wolfsburg - City

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:29 pm

If City actually give a shit then i agree, i was surprised they beat PSG ( didn't watch either leg) because for months now they have looked like they are on early vacations and looking forward to the beach.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:30 pm

still can't understand this anti-madrid atmosphere, when the team can win anything these posters always gets salty, always want madrid to be the worst, so they can feel better about their crappy teams.

hope the rm gets a double, so some of you can disappear for a week or 2.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:32 pm

All in all I think top football has become so top heavy. Especially in Champions League. Top leagues could probably have 5-6 teams to improve the quality. All these nations like Denmark, Sweden, Cyprus etc need to play against eachother for like 2 spots.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:32 pm

Its clear Real rig the draws for a long time already no? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Seriously though they are quite lucky, more often than not getting the easy opponents...lucky bastards Very Happy

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:32 pm

I can only speak for myself, but personally i wouldn't disappear even if Sunderland won the CL Laughing

Football results don't effect me that much if i'm honest Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:33 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:If City actually give a shit then i agree, i was surprised they beat PSG ( didn't watch either leg) because for months now they have looked like they are on early vacations and looking forward to the beach.

They obviously give a shit about the CL especially at this stage.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:35 pm

farfan wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:If City actually give a shit then i agree, i was surprised they beat PSG ( didn't watch either leg) because for months now they have looked like they are on early vacations and looking forward to the beach.

They obviously give a shit about the CL especially at this stage.

Well they do now obviously, but before the PSG tie i genuinely didn't think they did. Never seen such a toxic " big " team tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:58 pm

Uncle Flo got this.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:01 pm

OP is still bitter over the fact that PSG couldn't beat Madrid's bench players and then got their asses handed to them by City.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:33 pm

Madrid gets favourable draws with respect to the quality of opposition left in the tournament. Not all the time but it happens, nothing inherently wrong with that.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:01 pm

You can only beat what's in front of you.

Plus it's not like you have to have the luck of the draw to avoid half a dozen great teams to have an "easy" path, they avoided two great teams, Barca and Juve, that the other semi-finalists had to deal with.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:27 pm

tbf Man United's draw in 2010 -11 was easier, they had chelsea in the semis, but in the round of 16 had marseille and schalke lol. in the group stages they had valencia and 2 nobody teams.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:32 pm

One of the easiest road to UCL final ever for sure. The only road that come close is 2011 United road - L16 Olympique Marseille, 1/4 Chelsea, 1/2 Schalke Laughing
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:50 pm

And we should care why?  You win your group and you have great odds of getting an easier team in the round of 1/8.  In the round of 1/4, both Bayern and Madrid got manageable opponents while Atleti and City didn't... so it was 50/50 there.  Now, we had a 25% chance of landing City in the semis.

When you look at it statistically...  it's not like we beat some overwhelming odds to land these opponents.  We just weren't unlucky before the semis and we got somewhat fortunate for our semifinal draw.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:53 pm

matpol wrote:One of the easiest road to UCL final ever for sure. The only road that come close is 2011 United road - L16 Olympique Marseille, 1/4 Chelsea, 1/2 Schalke Laughing

The presence of Carlo's chelsea excludes that road from being considered easy . Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:23 pm

farfan wrote:
matpol wrote:One of the easiest road to UCL final ever for sure. The only road that come close is 2011 United road - L16 Olympique Marseille, 1/4 Chelsea, 1/2 Schalke Laughing

The presence of Carlo's chelsea excludes that road from being considered easy . Laughing

We were crap at that moment tho
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:29 pm

1. lol at people giving so much disrespect to City. They are a very talented team.

2. The Real hate is funny. Would you prefer they had Bayern in the semis? What happened last time Real and Bayern met anyway?

If Real win the CL it really doesn't matter what their road to get there looked like. Atletico nearly went out against PSV, and Barcelona couldn't beat them? PSG were touted as some all-world top 4 team right behind the likes of Barcelona and Bayern and now that they lost to City they're scrubs, Bayern almost lost to Benfica AND Juventus, etc. etc.

I wish there was a quote like the one from 'A League of Their Own' for football, but honestly...there's no crying in baseball. Unfortunately there's a lot of crying in football.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:04 pm

I don't think Cruijf is in any way discrediting Madrid, saying they don't deserve it, saying that Real should be facing a different team. there is a conspiracy or there is something inherently wrong with their route

He's simply asking if any team has gotten such an easy route to the CL final as far as teams go and my answer to that is...I think this is the easiest, yeah. I can't really think of another route that was as easy.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:09 pm

What about Leverkusen-Milan-Chelsea (Barcelona 11-12) and Marseille-Chelsea-Schalke (United 10-11)? hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:08 pm

it's not our fault 2nd spot representative of EPL, bunfeslisga, and serie A are extremely scrub to u.

any team that in last16, quarter or semi, i believe they earned it there fair and square.
A team in quarter final, is a quarter finalist quality.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:01 pm

zigra wrote:What about Leverkusen-Milan-Chelsea

lol wat Laughing
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:48 pm

What's the matter?
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:52 pm

zigra wrote:What's the matter?

So easy, ask Bayern fans about it too.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next