Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

+49
BeautifulGame
Luca
Onyx
breva
Winter is Coming
VivaStPauli
Neutropin
futbol_bill
Thimmy
windkick
shadexticos
Mr Nick09
danyjr
dronte
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
Myesyats
Donuts
Lord Awesome
Based Bonera
Lex
Ion Creanga
Robespierre
Turok_TTZ
terrance511
zigra
CBarca
Curtinho
Socur Toxanarosa
sportsczy
matpol
Art Morte
Doc
Pedram
M99
BarcaLearning
chad4401
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
farfan
The Demon of Carthage
rincon
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
BORUSSIA!!
Lucifer
salmano9
Freeza
Cruijf
53 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:52 pm

zigra wrote:What's the matter?

So easy, ask Bayern fans about it too.

Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

Post by Doc Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:04 am

CSKA-Apoel-Barcelona. That was definitely our easiest route to a potential final. This run is not as easy as being made out to be but it certainly is the most favourable route compared to everyone else's.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:08 am

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:

I don't really get your point. You do realise Real are not in the final yet and City can still win the CL, do you?
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:23 am

zigra wrote:
Socur Toxanarosa wrote:

I don't really get your point. You do realise Real are not in the final yet and City can still win the CL, do you?

And do you realize that this thread is mostly based on the assumption that City won't be a worthy opponent for Real? Besides that, Allegri's Milan was a good team, Roma and Wolfsburg are not.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:08 am

CBarca wrote:I don't think Cruijf is in any way discrediting Madrid, saying they don't deserve it, saying that Real should be facing a different team. there is a conspiracy or there is something inherently wrong with their route

He's simply asking if any team has gotten such an easy route to the CL final as far as teams go and my answer to that is...I think this is the easiest, yeah. I can't really think of another route that was as easy.

:bow: simple question asked by the OP and so many posters taking it super personal/getting defensive. Question is straight forward...

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:13 am

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:
zigra wrote:
Socur Toxanarosa wrote:

And do you realize that this thread is mostly based on the assumption that City won't be a worthy opponent for Real? Besides that, Allegri's Milan was a good team, Roma and Wolfsburg are not.

Errrrrrr yes. That's exactly what could've been said (and actually was said aswell) about Chelsea and Barcelona back then before the games. Which is exactly the point. Chelsea wasn't a top team, they were an "easy" opponent just like City is an easy opponent right now.
And the fact that they won the CL doesn't change that just like City won't be a great team even if they win the CL.

But don't worry, I obviously never expected you as a Chelsea fan to agree with that.

Oh and Milan...... pls rofl
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:39 am

The question is wrong or worded wrongly.

There is no such thing as an easy road in the CL. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs a mental evaluation.

Now, if the question were worded like this: "Has any team (Real Madrid) ever gotten such a favourable road to a CL Final?"

That be a better question and to answer it, I don't think so in recent memory. But the competition this time around is lower quality but more competitive vs prior years. This current cl campaign was literally up for grabs even before barca's elimination. Nobody is in dominant, consisent form. Everyone including city has a legit chance for CL glory.

Easy? Piss off. Favourable? Absolutely. Madrid very fortunate this year. Hopefully my team takes full advantage of this great opportunity. Some days you face the mouth of the lion, other days you get covered in shit. Rare days you get favourable matchups. Life is amusing like that. You just gots to roll wif it.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:54 am

zigra wrote:
Socur Toxanarosa wrote:
zigra wrote:

Errrrrrr yes. That's exactly what could've been said (and actually was said aswell) about Chelsea and Barcelona back then before the games. Which is exactly the point. Chelsea wasn't a top team, they were an "easy" opponent just like City is an easy opponent right now.
And the fact that they won the CL doesn't change that just like City won't be a great team even if they win the CL.

But don't worry, I obviously never expected you as a Chelsea fan to agree with that.

Allegri's Milan was a great team. What's so funny about that?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:25 am

M99 wrote:
zigra wrote:
Socur Toxanarosa wrote:

Allegri's Milan was a great team. What's so funny about that?

Okay team. Wouldn't call it great imo...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:48 am

zigra wrote:Errrrrrr yes. That's exactly what could've been said (and actually was said aswell) about Chelsea and Barcelona back then before the games. Which is exactly the point. Chelsea wasn't a top team, they were an "easy" opponent just like City is an easy opponent right now.

Doesn't matter what you think before the games, the question is if it was easy, and you can only answer that after the game. If you think i'm defending Chelsea because i'm biased, read my first comment.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:14 pm

I think the problem here is that easy is relative. You can never have an actually EASY was to the final because it's the Champions League.
Whoever survives the group stage needs a decent team and whatever team makes it to the semis has to be good. So if we say "easy" we're talking about easier than other draws. Chelsea was a relative easy draw for Barcelona in 11-12 and the fact that Barcelona didn't win it doesn't retrospectively make it a hard draw.
It was a good team but clearly not a top team and I'd say the same is true about Manchester City this season. Sure there have been worse teams in the semis, but all in all that was a very favourable road to the final.

And that Milan team was average M99, I'm sorry.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:36 pm

At no point under Allegri were we great lmao. We were good, but especially in the CL I don't think anyone was ever afraid of us.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:39 pm

I think people are overthinking the word "Great". The point is that they were not a team you could easily walk over, they presented a challenge, and a route that included them could not have been considered ''easy". They did beat Barca in one of the legs.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:48 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote: They did beat Barca in one of the legs.

Eh?
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:00 pm

You're confusing 11-12 with 12-13 BC. 12-13 we won the first leg but got destroyed in the second. 11-12 you won both with the help of about 19 penalties Mad
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:20 pm

zigra wrote:What about Leverkusen-Milan-Chelsea (Barcelona 11-12) and Marseille-Chelsea-Schalke (United 10-11)? hmm

And Juve last year ? hmm
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:38 pm

Average Laughing No way in hell were we average. Injury ravaged but we still gave Barca a hell of a fight. And I'm not gonna mention those penalties.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:12 pm

Lucky? Yes. I wouldn't care if i would be a Real Madrid supporter...

Anyways, i think football is the sport, where luck has the most influence from all the sports...
You can have easier draws, and go to later stages, you can play nothing for 90% of the game, and score a winner late. The referee is always an important factor, and can influence the game heavy etc.
It's very prone to be decided by luck, especially when the game is balanced.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:25 pm

Ion Creanga wrote:Lucky? Yes. I wouldn't care if i would be a Real Madrid supporter...

Anyways, i think football is the sport, where luck has the most influence from all the sports...
You can have easier draws, and go to later stages, you can play nothing for 90% of the game, and score a winner late. The referee is always an important factor, and can influence the game heavy etc.
It's very prone to be decided by luck, especially when the game is balanced.

Try cricket where winning the toss is basically half the job done. Cant beat that.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:31 pm

Nah, it's fox hunting. You only lose if you're a fox
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:40 am

Lex wrote:Nah, it's fox hunting. You only lose if you're a fox

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 3 Megan-Fox-Funny
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:54 am

If I remember correctly, Barca last year played against crippled opponents all the way to the final. What must have been the toughest route turned out too easy.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:09 pm

we played 6 league title defending teams last year Laughing get outta here.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:15 pm

Donuts wrote:we played 6 league title defending teams last year Laughing get outta here.

I think you misunderstood what he was saying. What he meant is that, even though Barça played big-name teams, they still benefited from their injuries, and what was supposed to be a tough road, turned out to be relatively easier due to those teams being plagued by injuries.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:19 pm

what team was so drastically injured other than bayern? whom even without roben / ribery are still a world class team..
and don't say aguero, that guy is barely fit for more than half the season lol
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:25 pm

I was just clarifying his post to you. It doesn't necessarily mean I agree with him Smile

But if you want my opinion, I think Barça was the undisputed best team in the world last season, and even with a fully fit Bayern they might've still gone through. But I acknowledge, however, the fact that a fully fit Bayern would've given you an even harder fight and the result could've been different.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next