Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

+49
BeautifulGame
Luca
Onyx
breva
Winter is Coming
VivaStPauli
Neutropin
futbol_bill
Thimmy
windkick
shadexticos
Mr Nick09
danyjr
dronte
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
Myesyats
Donuts
Lord Awesome
Based Bonera
Lex
Ion Creanga
Robespierre
Turok_TTZ
terrance511
zigra
CBarca
Curtinho
Socur Toxanarosa
sportsczy
matpol
Art Morte
Doc
Pedram
M99
BarcaLearning
chad4401
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
farfan
The Demon of Carthage
rincon
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
BORUSSIA!!
Lucifer
salmano9
Freeza
Cruijf
53 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 10 Empty Re: Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

Post by titosantill Wed May 11, 2016 6:16 pm

to each their own. i got confused when you said "tore apart atletico", i mean, atleti won the tie, and even the game they lost was a 2-1 loss, a goal loss isn't necessarily tearing another team apart. i personally don't care about rankings, i'll be happy for madrid to be ranked 13th, and win titles, than to be given the peoples choice award albeit getting knocked out at the early stage of the competition. i prefer us being in the finals now, than back in 04 when we had the peoples "respect" (for whatever that's worth), and got knocked out by monaco in the second round.....hell, if we can get an "easy" road next season, i'll be very delighted.

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?  - Page 10 Empty Re: Has any team ever gotten such an easy road to the CL final?

Post by farfan Wed May 11, 2016 6:25 pm

TrezeGent wrote:These Madrid fanboys Laughing Laughing Laughing.

Just the fact that you consider beating Barca 2-1 your highlight of the season says enough.

Anyways, im really looking forward to the final. That game will really show what Madrid are made of this season.

Still better than considering yourself an elite team after a LOSS . Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Wed May 11, 2016 6:49 pm

farfan wrote:

Just the fact that you consider beating Barca 2-1 your highlight of the season says enough.

Anyways, im really looking forward to the final. That game will really show what Madrid are made of this season.

I didn't even mention Juve kiddo. Btw, I do consider Juve are on a higher level than Madrid this season (and last season too).

But I don't wanna go off topic. Everyone knows Madrid wouldn't be in the final had they faced Bayern either. They're slightly better than Wolfsburg Laughing.

Now tell me how you beat Bayern two years ago Laughing .
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 11, 2016 7:04 pm

How do you know we wouldnt be in the finals had we faced Bayern? do you have any proof of that?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Wed May 11, 2016 7:16 pm

^ Madrid's performance against an 8th placed Wolfsburg and terrible City show it all buddy.

Also, having an inexperienced coach doesn't help either. Guardiola would eat Zidane alive.

I don't really know what the fuss is about. I don't hate on Madrid. Just saying that this season they got a super easy way to the final.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 11, 2016 7:21 pm

TrezeGent wrote:^ Madrid's performance against an 8th placed Wolfsburg and terrible City show it all buddy.

Also, having an inexperienced coach doesn't help either. Guardiola would eat Zidane alive.

I don't really know what the fuss is about. I don't hate on Madrid. Just saying that this season they got a super easy way to the final.

City didn't register a shot on target in 2 games, isn't that a convincing performance by the opposition ? Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed May 11, 2016 7:29 pm

TrezeGent wrote:
farfan wrote:

I didn't even mention Juve kiddo. Btw, I do consider Juve are on a higher level than Madrid this season (and last season too).

But I don't wanna go off topic. Everyone knows Madrid wouldn't be in the final had they faced Bayern either. They're slightly better than Wolfsburg Laughing.

Now tell me how you beat Bayern two years ago Laughing .

And please tell me how you couldn't  top your group and still has the audacity to consider yourself above  Madrid . Laughing

" Elite teams " don't celebrate a loss the way you guys did after the Bayern game ... Embarrassing really.

Last edited by farfan on Wed May 11, 2016 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 11, 2016 7:32 pm

TrezeGent wrote:^ Madrid's performance against an 8th placed Wolfsburg and terrible City show it all buddy.

did we beat those teams? yes or no? it actually all that matters. I love the sanctimonious "you should have won by 5-0" comments when it's all set and done, but we won the games, yes or yes?

did you see psv taking atletico to pks? lol

since when do "performances" matter?

There is no fuss it's just that you are giving your "opinion" trying to pas it as fact with little to 0 proof.

i respect your opinion, you think juve who was eliminated in quarter finals is better. I on the other hand think madrid, playing their 2nd final in three years, last won in 2014, are better. to each his own i guess
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Wed May 11, 2016 7:42 pm

Yeah, I'm not gonna bother R.Madrid fanboys anymore. I learned my lesson Laughing Thumbs up.  

For the record, farfan, no true Juvenini celebrated the Bayern loss. We got beat by the better team fair and square.

Last edited by TrezeGent on Wed May 11, 2016 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed May 11, 2016 7:45 pm

This thread has rustled more jimmies than Harmonica and Chad combined rofl

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 11, 2016 11:06 pm

TrezeGent wrote:Yeah, I'm not gonna bother R.Madrid fanboys anymore.

Good.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed May 11, 2016 11:13 pm

I am honored to have exposed the blind idiocy of many in this thread (:
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 11, 2016 11:35 pm

I have only read the last page for now. Should I go deeper?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 11, 2016 11:42 pm

Most of the good stuff are found in probably the 1st 6 pages where the question had been answered. The rest is just fillers and needless arguments and Linetty doing his best to balance off Valk because you decided to quit your Mehdrid harassment Sad
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 11, 2016 11:50 pm

Doc wrote:Most of the good stuff are found in probably the 1st 6 pages where the question had been answered. The rest is just fillers and needless arguments and Linetty doing his best to balance off Valk because you decided to quit your Mehdrid harassment Sad

Doc... You dismissing my post now? I am deceived.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed May 11, 2016 11:56 pm

Cruijf wrote:I am honored to have exposed the blind idiocy of many in this thread (:

Says the guy who brought us gems such as :

" Juve is an elite team  ahead of Madrid because they lost a competitive match to Bayern "

" Bayern tore Atleti apart.... in a 2   legged confrontation that they lost "

The only thing you're exposing here is your own delusion if you actually believe that you accomplished anything in this thread. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed May 11, 2016 11:59 pm

Please tell me more about how Real is an elite team because they beat Wolfsburg (:
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 12, 2016 12:01 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
Doc wrote:Most of the good stuff are found in probably the 1st 6 pages where the question had been answered. The rest is just fillers and needless arguments and Linetty doing his best to balance off Valk because you decided to quit your Mehdrid harassment Sad

Doc... You dismissing my post now? I am deceived.

You on page 3 wrote:The question is wrong or worded wrongly.

There is no such thing as an easy road in the CL. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs a mental evaluation.

Now, if the question were worded like this: "Has any team (Real Madrid) ever gotten such a favourable road to a CL Final?"

That be a better question and to answer it, I don't think so in recent memory. But the competition this time around is lower quality but more competitive vs prior years. This current cl campaign was literally up for grabs even before barca's elimination. Nobody is in dominant, consistent form. Everyone including city has a legit chance for CL glory.

Easy? Piss off. Favourable? Absolutely. Madrid very fortunate this year. Hopefully my team takes full advantage of this great opportunity. Some days you face the mouth of the lion, other days you get covered in shit. Rare days you get favourable matchups. Life is amusing like that. You just gots to roll with it.
Answered the question as objective as any Madrid fan can.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 12, 2016 12:05 am

Cruijf wrote:Please tell me more about how Real is an elite team because they beat Wolfsburg (:

Madrid are an elite team because they made it to the semis 6 years in a row and are in their second final in 3 years .

But hey , let's rate them bellow a team that couldn't top their group because they played a competitive match against Bayern . hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu May 12, 2016 12:06 am

@Turok: Definitely the best answer from a Madrid fan but there's still cognitive dissonance being displayed. Roma-Wolfsburg-City is not easy? In a tournament that included Juve/Bayern/Barca/Atleti? Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu May 12, 2016 12:08 am

farfan wrote:
Cruijf wrote:Please tell me more about how Real is an elite team because they beat Wolfsburg (:

Madrid are an elite team because they made it to the semis 6 years in a row and are in their second final in 3 years .

But hey , let's rate them bellow a team that couldn't top their group because they played a competitive match against Bayern . hmm

Results from last year mean nothing, let alone six years Laughing

And funny you use the same rationale (made the semis x years in a row) that you mock from those who rate Bayern Laughing

This season is what matters. And this season Madrid has been very poor and not by any means top 2 in Europe.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 12, 2016 12:14 am

Cruijf wrote:
farfan wrote:

Madrid are an elite team  because they made it to the semis 6 years in a row and  are  in their second final in 3 years .

But hey  , let's rate them bellow a team that couldn't top their group because they played a competitive match against Bayern . hmm

And funny you use the same rationale (made the semis x years in a row) that you mock from those who rate Bayern Laughing

This season is what matters. And this season Madrid has been very poor and not by any means top 2 in Europe.

Pretty sure i didn't hmm i actually rate Bayern as an elite team .
I only mocked the notion that they tore Atletico apart in a confrontation that they lost . Laughing

My whole issue in this thread is rating Juventus ahead of Real . The notion that their competitive match against Bayern should place them higher is ridiculous .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 12, 2016 12:20 am

Sigh, a few of us including myself made decent contributions all mirroring what Turok wrote. You just did not or flat out refused to read them. But to answer that statement about cognitive dissonance, yeah you can say that but at the same time, I assume he is just being respectful to the opposition since this is the UCL KO stage.

Anyway, I still stand by my statement of us getting a very favourable draw and I honestly don't know if I would consider Madrid "elite" in accordance to your standards or anyone else's because I am simply in a compromising position. Madrid is the club I love and I am bias towards them so I would obviously feel inclined to say "yes" but our football over the course of the season has not been good. We honestly just recently started playing solid stuff (thanks to Zidane) so I really don't fault anyone for saying we are not elite.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu May 12, 2016 12:37 am

Then we're more or less in agreement, Doc.

farfan wrote:
Cruijf wrote:
farfan wrote:

Madrid are an elite team  because they made it to the semis 6 years in a row and  are  in their second final in 3 years .

But hey  , let's rate them bellow a team that couldn't top their group because they played a competitive match against Bayern . hmm

Pretty sure i didn't hmm i actually rate Bayern as an elite team .
I only mocked the notion that they tore Atletico apart in a confrontation that they lost . Laughing

My whole issue in this thread is rating Juventus ahead of Real . The notion that their competitive match against Bayern should place them higher is ridiculous .

I honestly don't see how you can watch the second leg and classify it as anything other than tearing them apart. And this business of "well they lost" is ridiculous in a sport like this where the difference between winning and losing can be such fine margins. Are you really gonna change your entire opinion of Bayern's performance because Muller missed a penalty? Laughing

As for Juve, it's obviously not clear cut. But you have to judge teams by how they play against elite teams, not the results. They played very well against Bayern. Madrid played very poorly against Wolfsburg and City. To conclude Juve is better is not far fetched at all.

But even then, I specifically mentioned earlier it matters little whether we discount Juve. The question is whether Madrid is a top 2 team in Europe, and I firmly believe the answer is no.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu May 12, 2016 1:36 am

whoever got an easy road or whoever fans want to classify as "elite" is what it is.....but i still don't see how a one goal win, in which you lose the tie equates to "torn apart"; played better? maybe, and that "maybe" is due to knowing you had a bad result in the first leg, and thus throwing everything including the kitchen sink, whilst the other team (based on their positive result in the first leg), wisely sits back. 3, 4, 5 plus goal wins can be equated to a team being torn apart. lewa vs madrid some years ago, our loss to barcelona in november, utd's 8-2 win over arsenal...those r examples of tearing teams apart

and again the context of, one side knew all they needed to do was hold on to the first leg lead, and the other side became desperate, they threw everything at them as is expected... it became tactical at that point. it wasn't two giants going mano e mano, and one was just too strong for the other that they just went and pulverized the other....you don't pulverize only to finish with an unfavorable 2-1 win, and torres missed a pk too
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 12, 2016 2:09 am

Chelsea were the weakest CL- winning team I had seen in a long time, and no one seemed to care as much when they won it by playing anti-football with Torres bailing them out in every match Razz But sure, someone should tell them they weren't elite when they won it. Justice must prevail! Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next