Lucifer
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
M99
18 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 27 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 27

Post by zizzle Wed May 25, 2016 9:04 pm

The 6 or 7 guys on NXT are enough to carry smackdown. Add Cena and a couple of league of jobbers guys and you're set. Plus they can now resign people like Barret and so now that they actually need them

zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 27 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 27

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 25, 2016 9:06 pm

I look at it this way, WWE sucks ass for the most part these days. The main event story has to carry the show which is fine IF it's not saturated with stupidly predictable ReignsWinsLol superhuman B.S so even though a brand split is a bit of a gamble it's not like much has to go right in order to maintain the quality so why not go for it.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 9:07 pm

Onyx wrote:I don't think you need 2 shows to create stars.

Well i agree but at the same time i don't think it hurts their ability or inability to create stars imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 25, 2016 9:10 pm

2 shows (assuming it's a proper split and smackdown isn't a B show) = twice the main events. Twice the main events means double the room for main eventers. And it also means that one shows main event hopefuls won't spend their time jobbing out to Reigns until nobody cares about them any more.

You don't NEED 2 shows but with the way they run things it can be better.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 9:13 pm

Also it depends how they book it, but it should be remembered that Cena over the last 5 years or so hasn't been booked nowhere near as strongly as Reigns is right now Laughing

He hasn't been "Super Cena" for a while, i don't mind him being champion of one of the shows initially if that remains the case
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 9:15 pm

The only 2 guys who are worth it from NXT are Nakamura and Balor. But they can easily be put on RAW. The others are basically short term ex TNA guys nearing 40. Not really worthy starting a new show for. I mean if they were actually big names like Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy and Sting, then fair enough. But that's not the case.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed May 25, 2016 9:16 pm

I dont mind Cena at all these days, i would rather have him as champ than Reigns tbh
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 9:19 pm

Onyx wrote:The only 2 guys who are worth it from NXT are Nakamura and Balor. But they can easily be put on RAW. The others are basically short term ex TNA guys nearing 40. Not really worthy starting a new show for. I mean if they were actually big names like Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy and Sting, then fair enough. But that's not the case.

I wouldn't pay attention to their age because of their work schedule.

Guys in TNA barely worked over a 100 days a year, compared to WWE's 300+ over a 10 year period that matters.

For example AJ Styles is older than Cena but i guarantee you that Cena has more " miles " on his legs because of WWE's schedule.

I have said before the only TNA guy i would have on the main roster is Samoa Joe and that's because he fits into a character they simply don't have on the main roster in any way shape or form and it has nothing to do with his in ring work.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed May 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Onyx wrote:The only 2 guys who are worth it from NXT are Nakamura and Balor. But they can easily be put on RAW. The others are basically short term ex TNA guys nearing 40. Not really worthy starting a new show for. I mean if they were actually big names like Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy and Sting, then fair enough. But that's not the case.

Austin Aries, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, Eric Young plus Nakamura and Balor. These guys are not starts the same was AJ isnt a star right.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 9:23 pm

I don't doubt that they'd be capable of performing at 40. But they're not really big names and I just don't think it's worth changing the entire WWE format over.

Nakamura, Balor and maybe Joe would easily fit onto RAW right now. No need for a new show imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 9:23 pm

Wouldn't want Aries or Young on the main roster tbh. Roode i'm willing to give you though because he's very HHH like in his character and could be interesting.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 9:27 pm

Onyx wrote:I don't doubt that they'd be capable of performing at 40. But they're not really big names and I just don't think it's worth changing the entire WWE format over.

Nakamura, Balor and maybe Joe would easily fit onto RAW right now. No need for a new show imo.

I don't think they are the reason tbf, even if you ignore NXT lets go through the amount of people WWE are invested in whether we like them or not.

Reigns, Rollins, Styles, Bray, Owens, Zayn, Cesaro, Miz, Ambrose, Orton, Cena and probably more.

That's a lot of people who will need TV time in WWE's eyes, we can argue whether they are good enough until the cows come home.

That doesn't really matter, thing is there's a lot of people they like and probably not enough to allow them to shine as the shows are currently formatted.

That's with ignoring the women, tag team division or any other mid card guys they like.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed May 25, 2016 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 9:27 pm

Outside of smarks, nobody knows those guys. I'm sure there's people on here who've never heard of the name Eric Young or Austin Aries.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 25, 2016 9:29 pm

That's a terrible argument. How does one come to know about people? By seeing them.

Funnily enough you don't powerslam your way out of the womb as a main event WWE star you start from the bottom then you work your way up the rasslin' ladder. Why do you need to have a 10,000,000 strong fanbase to get on a smackdown show?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 9:32 pm

The argument was that those guys were big stars, but if the majority of people don't know them there's no way they can be big stars in terms of popularity. And by big stars I mean someone the majority of casual fans know about.

If those guys joined the Smackdown roster, to most of the audience they'd be nobodies.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 25, 2016 9:37 pm

Just about every god damn human being in the history of this World has been a nobody to the outside world. What happens is these nobodies would go on to Smackdown, cut promo's, wrestle and IF THEY ARE GOOD ENOUGH, they would become SOMEBODIES.

Before the rock joined WWE do you think he had 50,000,000 people kissing his ass on social media for being such an outstanding unemployed lad or was Steve Austin on live TV every week aged 15 beating people up in viral youtube vids.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Outstanding unemployed lad rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed May 25, 2016 9:38 pm

There are people out there who didnt know who AJ Styles was, but 2 months into his WWE career and he gets one of the loudest pops constantly. 2 months ago no one knew who Enzo was, but as you say he's getting Austin level pops now. It's called creating stars
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 25, 2016 9:41 pm

Pretty sure even Vince didn't know who AJ styles was before he went to Japan Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 25, 2016 9:43 pm

One thing the split won't do is instantly improve the writing/booking. Smackdown becoming a live show will really help its legitimacy, but they still have to make sure the writing/booking is strong to help guys get over and elevate them into stars.

If Smackdown ends up with a roster like (just picking out some names here):

Cena, Ambrose, Jericho, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Nakamura, Cesaro, Rusev

I'd definitely watch that. It'd attract a lot of hardcore fans so at least they'd have a core audience. From that point it's just about building people up.

Last edited by Jay29 on Wed May 25, 2016 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 9:43 pm

I think he knew, it's just and this has been alluded to plenty of times that he didn't think the fanbase would particularly take to or know what TNA was.

He's obviously done a 180 on that since with all the TNA hirings but i think that's how he felt.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 25, 2016 9:45 pm

He still has a history of getting TNA/WCW guys and burying them asap on wwe. Not even Sting survived that. Vince could have had AJ styles straight after TNA but i think his japan stint really impressed him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed May 25, 2016 9:47 pm

Credit to Trips for that one
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 9:49 pm

Yeah it's probably mainly a HHH thing in fairness.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 25, 2016 9:50 pm

Looking back, if this split was always going to happen, why did they release guys like Barrett, Rhodes and Sandow?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed May 25, 2016 9:50 pm

RealGunner wrote:He still has a history of getting TNA/WCW guys and burying them asap on wwe. Not even Sting survived that. Vince could have had AJ styles straight after TNA but i think his japan stint really impressed him.

Even AJ is feeling it. Another reason im excited about the split is that Vince will continue his fetish on Raw and that leaves more room for ex TNA guys on Smackdown.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next