Lucifer
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
M99
18 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 27 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 27

Post by zizzle Wed May 25, 2016 9:50 pm

RealGunner wrote:He still has a history of getting TNA/WCW guys and burying them asap on wwe. Not even Sting survived that. Vince could have had AJ styles straight after TNA but i think his japan stint really impressed him.

Even AJ is feeling it. Another reason im excited about the split is that Vince will continue his fetish on Raw and that leaves more room for ex TNA guys on Smackdown.

zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 27 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 27

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 9:50 pm

It's more about WWE starting a new show over people who are already big names. Those guys aren't big names right now to the majority of fans. Over time, sure, they might become stars. But we're talking about right now. Since they aren't already big names, it's not really worthy starting a new show over.

It's no different to them picking 5 guys out of the midcard, starting a new show for them and hoping that those guys turn into stars. Being a star is dependent on how over they are and how big of name they currently possess to the casual fans. Currently, outside of Cena/Orton/Lesnar and maybe Reigns, they don't have any legit stars.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 9:53 pm

zizzle wrote:
RealGunner wrote:He still has a history of getting TNA/WCW guys and burying them asap on wwe. Not even Sting survived that. Vince could have had AJ styles straight after TNA but i think his japan stint really impressed him.

Even AJ is feeling it. Another reason im excited about the split is that Vince will continue his fetish on Raw and that leaves more room for ex TNA guys on Smackdown.

Come on man lol, he was in two back to back main events like 3 months into his WWE career.

It's far too early to say Vince is burying him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 25, 2016 9:53 pm

I can't have this pissy no stars debate again

WWE aren't building stars because they don't book people to become stars apart from 1 or 2 they handpick, everybody else is secondary to them and there's no room to improve.

So if WWE aren't producing stars, and people outside of WWE are 'nobodies' then

HOW THE FLYING F*CK DO YOU GET STARS, AND WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE CURRENT STARS RETIRE. By your logic by 2030 there will be no more stars because making stars is impossible inside WWE and it can't be done outside of WWE.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 10:06 pm

Like I said though, stars have to be over with WWE audience to be stars. They can't be copy and pasted from one promotion to another. Styles for example to me isn't a star because he doesn't get a great reaction from the casual audience. I've seen him come out to crickets numerous times. With time, that might change. The TNA guys could also eventually get over.

But we're talking about right now. I just don't think those guys are big enough names currently to start a new show for.

Also it's not just about creating stars. The overall quality of the show is just as important. 3 hours is a lot of time to fill and they need star power to make the show the best it can be right now. Taking some of the better guys off of RAW and replacing them with jobbers/nobodies may not be the best move in terms of quality.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 25, 2016 10:15 pm

As if RAW isn't 90% filler with 10% making Reigns look good

Plenty of these so called mid carders would not look out of place in the main event but there's never any room because WWE's vision of current RAW involved ONE full timer dominating the landscape. Smackdown is just a recap show atm

If there was a whole other flagship show then that would change.

TL;DR you shit on RAW more than anybody and you're also opposing a drastic change more than anybody. What would you possibly have to lose with a shakeup.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 10:18 pm

I didn't realise a draft has actually been confirmed lol hmm

Gonna be held before July 19th hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 25, 2016 10:22 pm

Going back to the writing/booking thing again, one potential benefit of this split is that IF (and it's a big if) they get the writing/booking right for Smackdown, it's possible to create an internal competition, especially as Smackdown will be a live show now.

Best case scenario, you have everyone from production to the performers stepping up their game to beat the other show.

Worst case and more likely scenario is that Vince moves the talent on Smackdown that are doing well back on RAW and then dumps the failing talent from RAW onto Smackdown.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed May 25, 2016 11:11 pm

If only Heyman heads smackdown creative Proud
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 11:15 pm

No idea who leads the creative in general but I do know the lead writer for SmackDown was the lead writer for NXT and got "promoted" because of the job he did.

Again though it will depend how much freedom Vince gives them, means *bleep* all how good/bad they are if Vince limits their input on the product.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Yeh, RAW's always been Vince's primary show. Plus there's the fact that it's 3 hours.

I would prefer to watch one show with all the stars on it, no matter where they are on the card, as opposed to 2 weaker shows with less stars.

With the current format they need to sort out creative and stop burying people who actually get over. I wouldn't be surprised it they had Reigns on one show, Cena on the other overcoming the odds.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 25, 2016 11:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:No idea who leads the creative in general but I do know the lead writer for SmackDown was the lead writer for NXT and got "promoted" Ā because of the job he did.

Again though it will depend how much freedom Vince gives them, means *bleep* all how good/bad they are if Vince limits their input on the product.

Did someone say writer? hmm

Spoiler:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 25, 2016 11:38 pm

Orton on AJ Styles
.@mod3rd I think he's a great addition to the roster. Stand up guy. Def looking forward to snatching him outta mid air.

rofl

He started randomly answering fan questions after months of nothing so I reckon he's back soon hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 26, 2016 12:05 am

I've seen a pretty good idea over the years when it comes to the brand split. Both shows would have a different presentation.

RAW would emphasise the entertainment side, while Smackdown would be more about ringwork and keeping things simple and realistic. Smackdown could have pre taped shoot type interviews like MMA, rankings etc etc.

RAW would basically be the sports entertainment show. It would be presented in a TV show esque format. The focus would be on the storylines, characters and over the top drama.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 26, 2016 1:58 am

Main man Apollo Crews' gimmick summed up right here. Never seen anything better. Main event push time imo. :bow:

The Official WWE Thread - Part 27 - Page 19 Apollo-crews

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 26, 2016 2:12 am

A guy who just smiles and wrestles, hopefully he gets binned back to performance center
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Thu May 26, 2016 8:00 am

Just put NXT in the Smackdown slot, cancel Smackdown and call it a day.

Don't think there's a point trying to make Raw and Smackdown "even". Raw will always be the flagship show. Smackdown should try to be more unique. And by that I mean more wrestling base.

The only time when I watched Smackdown week in week out was when the roster was Edge, Taker, Batista, Jeff Hardy, Jericho, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk. Big names, legit stars, great wrestlers. They should fill the roster with similar names and styles.

I also think having separate rosters WILL help wrestlers get over. Edge got a chance to really lead a brand which he never would have gotten on Raw with Cena/HHH in the way. Jeff Hardy got over as a permanent main eventer on Smackdown instead of the occasional push up the card on Raw. MVP debuted on Smackdown and actually got pushed and put into important feuds unlike Crews and Corbins who gets lost in the shuffle on Raw.

Don't like the idea of two world titles. Just build up the IC and US titles and make them as important as a world title.

Brand only ppvs will also never work until they get more talent on the rosters.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 26, 2016 9:41 am

I agree.

JBL actually became a star because of SmackDown as well.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu May 26, 2016 9:46 am

Wonder Roman and Super Cena to have their own separate shows where they reign supreme. rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 26, 2016 9:50 am

As I said before when was the last time Super Cena was in fact Super Cena lol.

He's lost clean to loads of people over the last few years.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 26, 2016 11:25 am

If they brought back Jeff Hardy and the released midcarders. 2 solid acceptable shows imo.

RAW: Cena, Orton, Barrett, Wyatt, Jeff Hardy, Ambrose, Enzo/Cass, Jericho, Miz, Sandow, Corbin, Kane, Social Outcasts, Ryder, New Day, Bobby Roode, Rusev, Tyler Breeze

Smackdown: Reigns, Rollins, Owens, Styles, Zayn, Cody Rhodes, Del Rio, Sheamus, Balor, Cesaro, Ryback, Ziggler, Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Nakamura, Balor

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 26, 2016 11:36 am

New Luchador. Wonder if they'll have the Cruiserweight division on Smackdown again. Kalisto, Neville, Sin Cara, Apollo Crews, AJ Styles, Aries, Zayn etc can feud for it. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 26, 2016 1:05 pm

Unfortunately I can see Cena lose to quite few of upcoming NXT lads. No more super cena Sad

--------------------

Apollo's lack of selling pissed me off last RAW. Guy got destroyed by Sheamus and then he comes to the ring laughing and smiling to face Jericho. And showed no signs of hurt at all Laughing

needs to be sent back to NXT asap

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 26, 2016 1:09 pm

Agreed RG, that was stupid.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 26, 2016 3:46 pm

Meltzer on WOR: Reigns will headline RAW, Cena will be Smackdown.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 26, 2016 3:51 pm

Can't wait for 5 moves of doom in both Wrestlemania world title matches next year tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next