titosantill
zigra
BarcaLearning
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mou @ Man U vs Pep @ Man C Empty Mou @ Man U vs Pep @ Man C

Post by BarcaLearning Mon 30 May - 16:57:01

Not sure why maybe Ive been busy lately, but its finally sinking in completely that we will be having another season or era even of Mou vs Pep, at Man U vs Man C! That could be almost just as fierce as their time at Real vs Barca. That is just mouth watering and I love the drama of it, and surely there will be lots of it with Mou around. With Pep imo probably able to command the biggest budget and pulling power these days over Man U, Mou will be under a lot of pressure. But his advantage of course is he is much more familiar with EPL than Pep.

Also for me, Mou > Pep in their time at Real vs Barca, not to mention earlier Inter vs Barca. He beat Pep so clearly that Pep even left Barca. One could say there were other factors but I think there is no denying Mou have gotten the better of Pep as time passed during that era. Therefore, purely speaking Mou vs Pep basis, Mou will be on top.

Come to think of it, everyone is thinking Mou probably will last just 3 years max., but if Mou starts well and gets the results and even trophies, Im sure the club will be very happy yo keep him and let him be, as long as he doesnt create too much negative drama. If that happens, knowing Man U, they will probably be more patient and mroe willing to give him time and freedom to reign, so he may yet be able to create his Man U era.

Another personal opinion is being a Man U hater, a Mou hater, and a Barca support, I will completely support Man C and hate Man U even more next season Very Happy So the dilemma countines where Man C and Pep will more likely to lose out to Man U and Mou, which will be frustrating to see again, but no surprise at all. I hope I am wrong though of course Razz

Anyway, bottom line is EPL will be even sooo much more intense with all the big boys back together with the rest of the teams being even more competitive, add to that the Mou dramas, Pep, Klopp, Conte, it will  be amazing Im sure. But the absolute most intriguing to see will be Mou vs Pep for me.

What do you think? Who is the better manager, and who will do better? Will they be successful long term if they can keep their jobs long?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Mou @ Man U vs Pep @ Man C Empty Re: Mou @ Man U vs Pep @ Man C

Post by zigra Mon 30 May - 17:32:13

I was told Spurs are going to dominate the league for years to come so I guess both Plep and Mou will be failures hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon 30 May - 17:55:18

Judging by their awful final game and falling yet again behind Arsenal, they surely are still the bigger bottlers than Arsenal, so I highly doubt Spurs would be the team to dominate the league for years to come Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon 30 May - 17:57:04

i think it will be more fierce than el clasico or rather i hope it will be more fierce. in england they appreciate the battles, they look forward to it (and i love that). in spain it was frowned upon from most people, even though clasicos have had their history of tension, between say 02 to around when mou joined us, the drama was hardly anything big, the figo insults and zidane and enrique in a minor shoving match was about it

in england the pundits, the fans look forward to it. its just the refs who don't. i think even the fa love it, but they have to side with refs. look at the keane vieira era, cameras would focus on them during the handshakes, in the tunnel, as well as their coaches. and it was always great to watch. el clasico previews would have journalists talk about the game weeks before, all of them hoping for no drama, in the pl, they'd be looking forward to how keane or vieira would react to certain statements that were made etc....i always loved it

i hope for the same again this time, who knows, maybe that attitude is what utd has been missing
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue 31 May - 5:12:14

Thats interesting to know, I thought Spain would be just as England with the press and sensationalism. But u said it right, it will be such focus and build up to their rivalry im sure, its just going to be so intense and cant wait to see, pure entertainment Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue 31 May - 5:53:24

zigra wrote:I was told Spurs are going to dominate the league for years to come so I guess both Plep and Mou will be failures hmm

Well said Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue 31 May - 6:23:03

BarcaLearning wrote:Thats interesting to know, I thought Spain would be just as England with the press and sensationalism.

remember at that point the spanish football team stopped becoming dark horses, they attributed it partly to everyone on the team being on the same page, their were claims that previous spanish teams had been marred by internal conflict (which in my opinion was nonsense). so when the clasicos got physical, the media and public not only disliked the extent of which it went, they also wanted to protect their national team, hence the genesis of iker and mou's falling out.

hard fouls have generally always been frowned upon in spain...but hey its a physical sport, part of the game. in england the only person who can stop or control the adrenaline is the ref...i remember the ref having to have a word with vieira and keane in the tunnel even before the game lol....for a neutral; great rivalry grea times
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue 31 May - 6:41:35

Interesting, I always thought the Spanish national team were marred by internal conflict too, thats just the way its been covered, no other way to know from outside the country anyway Razz

Its good to learn that they media too disliked it, since Mou's Real did go too far, with the eye poking, dirty plays, and the rivalry just got too out of hand, so really good to know everyone changed for the better afterwards Smile

Civilized and just enough conflict will do I guess, just far enough for good entertainment and not get too ugly Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue 31 May - 7:02:25

the reason i've always felt it was never true is cos all the players largely got along fine. nobody bothered luis enrique for switching clubs, he was always selected and got along well with the madrid players. raul and guardiola were very close, probably still are. valeron got on fine with everyone. clemente in the early 90s picked a lot of basque players and nobody (maybe except the media ) complained. internal conflict didn't cause the ref to wrongly cancel out morientes' goal in 02, it didn't cause raul to miss a late pk in euro 00, it didn't cause poor goalkeeping from zubi in france 98, nor the ref to miss a bad foul on enrique or an on form baggio in usa 94

fans and the media were the ones who had a problem, like depor fans wanting tristan to start, or valencia fans wanting mendieta to start and take every free kick, or barca fans not liking the madrid based players or sociedad fans feeling de pedro should have a stronger role...none of those players brought such sentiments to that team. its just the way i see it, i'm not spanish so they may view it a different way. but the madrid and even barcelona, largely had more drama than spain if i remember correctly
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed 1 Jun - 6:37:44

Just goes to show everything when viewed from different perspective could appear as something completely different Razz

Brings back memories when u mentioend those details Very Happy

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed 1 Jun - 6:40:11

Nobody else feeling the intrigue? Maybe still early days and the excitement will really grow as time goes and after the Euros Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed 1 Jun - 7:02:14

Not that exciting to see two hipsters going at it on who is more of a hipster. Only difference is one is a fraud while the other one is a blind, arrogant, manipulative, backstabbing arse.

Don't like any of the two.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 1 Jun - 7:21:04

Mou's pragmatism will have the advantage early on imo until Pep is able to get the squad he wants and implement his tactics... Pep's philosophy takes more time. It's not like Bayern where they have a talent advantage so they can win while experimenting. In the EPL, Pep will drop points early on.

Long term... Pep all the way. After year 2, Mou will lose the locker room like always.

Interested to see how Mou deal with Rashford/Martial and Rooney considering Ibra is coming in. I assume Rooney becomes the AM and Rashford goes wide.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed 1 Jun - 16:26:50

Both are in a great position because both have had an underwhelming season. Beat your city rival and finish in the top-4 and you're going to get a lot of credit in your first season. Win the title and you'll have shut up haters for another couple of seasons.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu 2 Jun - 17:20:20

Not sure why so many posters say Pep is fraud Very Happy I mean hes still one of the best managers in the world surely... Mou agreed is a dick though as we all know Very Happy

But true that Mou is pragmatic and probably knows how to get the points needed straight away, whereas Pep probably needs more time to get his players to adapt to what he wants.

This is interesting since it seems many are unsure what to expect next season in terms of who will win the league, u got these two teams way off the top this season and two new managers, then similarly with Chelsea, but after that u got Arsenal and Spurs who for me are just eternal bottlers Very Happy Leicester to retain their title? Very Happy Considering all that it wouldnt be surprising to actually see Mou win the title straight away for example, or if Pep pulls it and proved everybody wrong Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu 2 Jun - 19:14:55

I say Leicester was a fluke (in a shitty league). You can expect Both Manchester teams plus Chelsea plus Liverpool to have better seasons next year. You can also expect Arsenal and Tottenham to have similar years, so that basically 6 teams in the running plus whatever mid table team decides it's their turn to challenge the big boys. Expecting either of the Manchester boys to win is nothing but a hope and whose to say Pep or Mou are better than Kloop, Conte, Wenger or Pochettino?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu 2 Jun - 19:19:33

BarcaLearning wrote:Not sure why so many posters say Pep is fraud Very Happy I mean hes still one of the best managers in the world surely... Mou agreed is a dick though as we all know Very Happy

But true that Mou is pragmatic and probably knows how to get the points needed straight away, whereas Pep probably needs more time to get his players to adapt to what he wants.

This is interesting since it seems many are unsure what to expect next season in terms of who will win the league, u got these two teams way off the top this season and two new managers, then similarly with Chelsea, but after that u got Arsenal and Spurs who for me are just eternal bottlers Very Happy Leicester to retain their title? Very Happy Considering all that it wouldnt be surprising to actually see Mou win the title straight away for example, or if Pep pulls it and proved everybody wrong Very Happy
Fraud is a bit of fun really. Though in truth it has a double meaning. Pep is not genuine. Many wear masks tthat hide their true nature. Pep just doesnt do a good job hiding his.

I like mourinho more as even if he is an clown, i know he is genuinely doesnt bother to hide it. Mourinho doesnt present himself as something he is not and for that i respect him. Which is a lot more than what I have to say about for pep. When will guardiola stop clinging to that mask of his?

This is the main reason why i call him a fraud. He needs to stop wearing that mask. I have a strong dislike in peeps pretending to be something they are not.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 2 Jun - 19:37:38

zigra wrote:I was told Spurs are going to dominate the league for years to come so I guess both Plep and Mou will be failures hmm
Currently 5th in the being odds.

1 City
2 United
3 Arsenal ( Laughing)
4 Chelsea
5 Spurs

Where is the faith in Leicester? Sad
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu 2 Jun - 20:10:56

1 WBA
2 Chelsea
3 Leicester
4 Arsenal
5 United
6 Tottenham
7 Liverpool
8 City

Put your money on it :coffee:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu 2 Jun - 20:39:48

I think Pep will flop in his first yr imo.He's looking to build a long term team and some of the early rumors on his transfer targets reflect on that.
Plus he's probably not going to have the pressure of winning something in his 1st yr.Im sure of it.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 2 Jun - 20:41:03

You want that more than you think it, you are not fooling anybody lol.

At least i hope you don't think it anyway Laughing I thought you had more intelligence than that tbh hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu 2 Jun - 20:52:38

Yes i badly hope he flops.

Unless they get a couple of elite players and i change my tone.

Perhaps im reading too much into rumors.I mean replacing Hart with another GK,bringing in 2 more new CB's (Laughing),guy is mad if true.

Honestly though,it seems to me that the Sheikhs are just happy to have him on board and wont exert too much pressure on him winning important things ,like CL for example.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 2 Jun - 20:55:14

depends what you consider a flop, think he will finish 3rd or 4th and make it out of the CL groups at best, don't think that's a flop in his first season tbh, although a lot of fans and pundits think he's gonna walk the league
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu 2 Jun - 20:59:46

Yep.Its relative to the expectations of fans and pundits.In that context,it would be a flop.

I myself think he'll scrape 4th place a la LVG
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu 2 Jun - 21:40:51

Pep should succeed. Everybody but a select few have no real tactics. Should be a cakewalk in the weakest league of the top 5 leagues in europe.

That scrub pellegrini managed to win the epl despite shit tactics.
Pep the fraud hipster should have zero trouble assuming he doesnt go hipster on the epl.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next