Pedram
urbaNRoots
McAgger
El Gunner
LeVersacci
50 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 8 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:44 am

Doubt they will play a part till the last 5 mins of the season finale.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 8 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:19 am

Hearing the last 3 episodes will be longer than normal eps
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:31 am

Season finale is the longest episode ever in 6 seasons.

Battle of the bastards took 9 weeks to shoot and is apparently the longest sequence to shoot so that episode will be long too.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:42 am

rincon wrote:I don't think we will get Clegane vs Clegane but it would be satisfying to see Sandor finally kill his brother.

Also, Sansa just pisses me off:

"Sure Littlefinger, I'll go marry my mom/brother murderderer"

"Oh, Jon is my only true friend and relative? let me lie to him about Littlefinger"

"Here is a guy who lost his family and his home fighting for my family, let me rub his face on my sense of entitlement when he refuses to give everything for me again."

"Stannis' Hand and the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch? pshhhh let me, someone who has never seen war, be snarky and undermine their tactics."

Needs to get put in her place.

Perfectly understandable. It would be kind of hard to explain why you just turned away the entire force of the Vale, and for what it's worth it seemed that she changed her mind at the end of the episode

An appeal to family allegiance, nothing else seemed to work so it was worth a shot

She's absolutely right they don't have enough men to win, better to fight later and actually take the castle than to fight prematurely and lose all chance.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:49 am

RealGunner wrote:Doubt they will play a part till the last 5 mins of the season finale.

They're taking their sweet ass time.. What was it season 2 when they killed the night's watch men and walked by Samuel towards the wall? Why did they stop? Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:08 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
rincon wrote:I don't think we will get Clegane vs Clegane but it would be satisfying to see Sandor finally kill his brother.

Also, Sansa just pisses me off:

"Sure Littlefinger, I'll go marry my mom/brother murderderer"

"Oh, Jon is my only true friend and relative? let me lie to him about Littlefinger"

"Here is a guy who lost his family and his home fighting for my family, let me rub his face on my sense of entitlement when he refuses to give everything for me again."

"Stannis' Hand and the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch? pshhhh let me, someone who has never seen war, be snarky and undermine their tactics."

Needs to get put in her place.

Perfectly understandable. It would be kind of hard to explain why you just turned away the entire force of the Vale, and for what it's worth it seemed that she changed her mind at the end of the episode

An appeal to family allegiance, nothing else seemed to work so it was worth a shot

She's absolutely right they don't have enough men to win, better to fight later and actually take the castle than to fight prematurely and lose all chance.

Disagree. She could have said many things then. Like for eg, she could have told them about Rickon, an actual male Stark who is being held captive and it is their duty to go and rescue him which she didnt. Pretty sure they would have joined them in that case.
Instead they included that line during the Mormont negotiation part. Which ultimately didnt have much of an impact. It took Daavos's ways with kids to save their arses that time.

She might be right regarding the number part as more numbers will mean more chances of winning the war. But Jon is right on his part too. We saw what the weather did to Stannis's troops. Even before Ramsay's 20 good men attacked them they were kinda half defeated thanks to the snow.
Waiting for more men might bring the same fate upon them too.

And moreover how in the world wide world can Sansa still expect that LF wont deceive her after what all he did to her. How and why is LF more trusting to her now than Jon to the extent she is lying and writing letters in secret.
Had it not been for Jon, she wont be even in this position right now. Would have had a grand total of 2 persons in her large army. Brienne of fcking Tarth and Podrick.

Sansa for me right now is nothing but a slightly toned down version of Cersei. Both somehow think they are clever which they aint clearly. Stubborn stupid women who take too much pride in their families and in the fact that they are born high. Hate them both. Even Cersei is a pale shadow of her former GOAT self. Least interesting character in King's Landing right now.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:02 pm

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 8 Th-let10
(click to enlarge)
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:51 pm

What kind of reward can Sansa give him? He traffics in influences mainly. I suppose being an ally to the Queen of the North has many benefits, but that seems a little too explicit.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:58 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:What kind of reward can Sansa give him? He traffics in influences mainly. I suppose being an ally to the Queen of the North has many benefits, but that seems a little too explicit.

The respect of 62 good men.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:36 am

20 good men vs 62 ferocious men.

Who will prevail?!
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:02 am

Can't stand Sansa. Never could. Hope she dies.

If she get someone important killed then i'll be pissed.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:11 am

M99 wrote:20 good men vs 62 ferocious men.

Who will prevail?!

62 ferocious men only count as 620 fodder soldiers according to the spoiled brat so 20 gud men lead by a shirtless Ramsay would rip them apart Molenation
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:17 pm

Battle of the bastards is directed by the same guy that directed Hardhome Proud
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:30 pm

Will it be episode 09 or 10?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:33 pm

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:17 pm

Episode 9 is literally called "Battle of the Bastards", 60 minutes.

Episode 10 is called "The Winds of Winter" Proud will be 69 minutes (longest GoT episode ever)

Episode 8 is called "No One", 59 minutes.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:19 am

Spoiler:

What do we think?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:20 am

let me get my tinfoil hat

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:48 am

Pretty good shit all around.

Being a rabid book reader, there's a lot of stuff that's been cut and a lot of characters repeated in order to replace all the holes. Some stick in nicely (everyone loves their Tyrion), others: meh (the whole frakking Iron Island segments). Chronologically, I prefer how the books are set up, but considering the massive amount of plot they have to stitch and somehow make flow, they've done a badass job overall. It's annoying having to rewatch storylines from the last two books, since I'm childishly expecting new material, but again, there's too much shit to structure coherently with the limited time they have.

Bitching aside, I'm glad to see Bran using his powers (the Tower of Joy flashback was one of my favorite parts of the first book) and the whole Hodor bit was epically done. Daenerys, no need to explain. You can't hate her. The whole of King's Landing needs a kick in the ass. Current events just put me to sleep. Jaime needs to man up. The whole North storyline: no complaints. I can't wait for the rest of the episodes, now that everything's set for decisive battles to take place instead of just character development/bringing back dead characters/dem saggy tits.

But seriously, by the time this whole series is done, they're gonna have to frakking CGI all actors to make them seem their 'real' age Laughing
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:22 am

Pretty sure that ageing make-up is A LOT cheaper than CGI
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:15 pm

Phritz wrote:Pretty sure that ageing make-up is A LOT cheaper than CGI

You'd be surprised at the number of movies who use very light CGI to make people older/younger.

I mean, we have like these 50 something actors playing 30 year olds.

CGI isn't as expensive as it was and can be very subtle.

But yeah, considering these actors are all very young, make up will do.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:19 am

Very disappointed with Arya's arc, the most underwhelming conclusion imo. At least she must've taken a face from the facbank, right?

Jaimie with a masterclass POTG seige, completely destroyed Blackfish

BROTHERHOOD WITHOUT BANNERS :bow:

So good seeing Berric and Thoros again

The Mountain :bow:

Meereen under attack by masters rofl

DANY WALKING IN LIKE EVERYTHING IS FINE rofl

f*ck this retarded plot arc, it has been filler just so Greyjoys arrive in the season finale because BIG IMPLICATIONZ ALWAYZ AT END OF SE4SON!!111!
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:33 am

Actually probably one of the worst episodes ever

Shows how poor the writing is

What was the point of Brienne anyway?

2 completely filler-stop arcs to progress other storylines (Arya and Mereeen)

The only interesting thing is what Qyburn found
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:23 am

Now that we know what actually happened in the Arya arc, I believe we can talk openly of that cool A=W theory here right ?

People including myself were expecting something that could blew our mind, the way they were building up and it clearly didnt lived up to the billing. There were so many ways they could have taken that arc forward. So many awesome possibilities. And sigh they ended up with this ? :facepalm:

I am not sure GRRM will write something like this for the books. Its clearly a show modification these shite show writers have added for cheap thrills.
The fan boys and popcorn junkies will probably like it. A chase, a parkour. Similar to Hardhome (another part which i believe is not in the books) wherein they actually went for style and action than something of cleverness and substance. Hardhome was a great modification but this one though! The climax to the showdown was decent (candle and blindness part). But that imo didnt save the arc.

And btw Dany can just gtfo.

Agree with ES. 1 of the weakest episodes of the season for me. Its an irony because I found e07 as the best episode of the season.

Last edited by Glory on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:03 am; edited 4 times in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:30 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:My favorite character is back. The Hound for the throne :bow:

RealGunner wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/4luqf8/spoilers_everything_why_arya_and_the_waif_are_the/

The theory makes so much sense. Next episode is going to be exhilarating.

What I imagine will happen is that Arya kills off Waif in a duel inside the House of Black and White. She then proceeds to unmask her - only to realize that Waif is no one other than Arya. Jaqen H'ghar comes out from behind and says, "A girl is truly no one anymore."

I don't see Waif winning the duel (and then revealing herself to be Arya) because she is supposed to represent Arya's inner demons.

Previously, Jaqen tried to blind Arya to make her stop hallucinating about Waif but that turned out to be fruitless. He then returned her sight back as he realized that the plan wasn't working.

The House of Black and White is basically a mental conservatory to treat people with dissociative disorders (read Faceless Men). Jaqen realized that Arya was one such sufferer when he first encountered her. Arya quite comfortably interpreted the role of a boy named Arry. She has assumed so many identities over time that she has become psychologically traumatized.

The Many-Faced God is no one.
On point (kinda) HAHAHA. I am still going to believe this is what happened Laughing

However, it should've been presented better. Leaves many threads hanging...

I don't think it's the worst of the season. Storyline-wise it made quite a few progressions. E06 was the worst
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:36 am

Yea E06 was equally shite. The high points of this episode was higher than e06. So theres that. Jaime-Edmure scenes were brilliant. And so as all Hound scenes and BwB as usual are a pleasure to watch.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next