Pedram
urbaNRoots
McAgger
El Gunner
LeVersacci
50 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 9 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Glory Mon 13 Jun - 8:36:05

Yea E06 was equally shite. The high points of this episode was higher than e06. So theres that. Jaime-Edmure scenes were brilliant. And so as all Hound scenes and BwB as usual are a pleasure to watch.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 9 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Glory Mon 13 Jun - 8:39:03

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:My favorite character is back. The Hound for the throne :bow:

RealGunner wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/4luqf8/spoilers_everything_why_arya_and_the_waif_are_the/

The theory makes so much sense. Next episode is going to be exhilarating.

What I imagine will happen is that Arya kills off Waif in a duel inside the House of Black and White. She then proceeds to unmask her - only to realize that Waif is no one other than Arya. Jaqen H'ghar comes out from behind and says, "A girl is truly no one anymore."

I don't see Waif winning the duel (and then revealing herself to be Arya) because she is supposed to represent Arya's inner demons.

Previously, Jaqen tried to blind Arya to make her stop hallucinating about Waif but that turned out to be fruitless. He then returned her sight back as he realized that the plan wasn't working.

The House of Black and White is basically a mental conservatory to treat people with dissociative disorders (read Faceless Men). Jaqen realized that Arya was one such sufferer when he first encountered her. Arya quite comfortably interpreted the role of a boy named Arry. She has assumed so many identities over time that she has become psychologically traumatized.

The Many-Faced God is no one.
On point (kinda) HAHAHA. I am still going to believe this is what happened Laughing

However, it should've been presented better. Leaves many threads hanging...

I don't think it's the worst of the season. Storyline-wise it made quite a few progressions. E06 was the worst

hmm Okay. On second thoughts...

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon 13 Jun - 10:31:14

Arya should have died there. That was a bit unrealistic even for Game of Thrones standards. And if the Waif didn't kill her, surely all that loss of blood walking from her hideout to the House of Black and White should have done it.

And is anyone going to stop that crazy lady running with a knife in her hand clearly trying to kill someone, or is everyone too busy worrying about their fruit basket...?

Loved the Robert Strong scene. Watching the Faith Militant shriek away was a highlight. I like how the King can just declare no more trial by combat. No democracy back in those days.

Blackfish dying was a waste.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 13 Jun - 11:31:38

What's up with Game of Thrones blueballing their fans these days? Arya's rivalry with the Waif was hyped from the moment she arrived at the House of Black and White, so why do we not get to see it play out in the end? Arya was beaten nearly everytime when they were training, how did she win? Is Arya the only Faceless Man who was trained to fight blind?

The same with the Blackfish, why do we not actually get to see him die? Otherwise I loved all the Riverrun scenes, Pod and Bronn, Jaime and Brienne/Edmure.

Beric Dondarrion and Thoros :bow: so happy to see these dudes and if the Hound joins them, that's one badass group! Looks like they are heading North to fight wights and White Walkers :bow: I doubt we will see them again this season though.

Another disappointment is not seeing my main man Ramsay for how many episodes now? 4? What is going on with Rickon since he got captured? If he dies at the Battle that's bullshit, we never got to know him. Also are NONE of the big Northern house siding with the Starks before the battle? The North Remembers my ass.

Meereen getting attacked is interesting, but Varys again does not get to meet Daenerys lol. Where is he going, he mentioned needing allies-- is he going to Dorne? With the Iron Born near Slaver's Bay, I expect them to arrive any time now. I hope they don't blueball us again, I want to see a Naval battle now.

King's Landing scenes were great, The Mountain *bleep* rippee his head off Laughing his face as much as we can see looks really scary, what the hell did Qyburn do to him Laughing Also what are Cersei and him planning now?

It was mostly a meh episode for me, with more disappointment than awesomeness. Let's hope the last two episodes live up to the hype.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon 13 Jun - 13:23:35

silver wrote:Arya should have died there. That was a bit unrealistic even for Game of Thrones standards. And if the Waif didn't kill her, surely all that loss of blood walking from her hideout to the House of Black and White should have done it.

And is anyone going to stop that crazy lady running with a knife in her hand clearly trying to kill someone, or is everyone too busy worrying about their fruit basket...?

Loved the Robert Strong scene. Watching the Faith Militant shriek away was a highlight. I like how the King can just declare no more trial by combat. No democracy back in those days.

Blackfish dying was a waste.

tbf that was the only part that was cool and kind of gives us the hope that a variant of the "theory" might be true after all.
Spoiler:
But then in the end they(show writers) ruined it by killing the wrong person ffs.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon 13 Jun - 14:02:33

This episode was great imo. Loved the acting in it. It was great. Seeing Arya finally get away from Oyster land is great.

Finally some time for Jaime to get some shine. The Hound scenes were amazing.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon 13 Jun - 17:16:49

Arya's ending & Mereen made it to 6.5/10 at best.

Whole Riverlands (Jaime, Brienne, Tully, BWB etc) was perfect

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon 13 Jun - 17:29:04

Expecting mad hype build up for the upcoming episode.

Probably more than the goat hype for the Mountain-Viper episode
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 13 Jun - 17:45:17

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 9 IrREcBO

:bow: :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 13 Jun - 17:49:34

There were some great scenes and acting in the episode. But as a whole the episode was poor because the writing was so poor. Arya and Mereen arcs after all the time put in to build them up have went completely to shit.

Three episodes in a row quite weak (6, 7, and Cool after the GOAT start to the season in the first 5.

But 9 and 10 are here to save us. I have no doubts about that.

Btw what do you think Qyburn and Cersei were talking about the "rumor or more". Wildfire?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 13 Jun - 17:51:44

BTW THE HYPE IS REAL FOR EPISODE 9.

I legit hope the whole 60 minutes is spent on Bastardbowl.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 13 Jun - 17:53:13

Btw I have very a weird feeling that Cersei is going to kill Tommen herself. She already thinks he's gonna die due to the prophecy so she'll do it herself. Possibly indirectly through wildfire?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 13 Jun - 17:58:59

hope the hound does team up with the lads to fight the white walkers tbh

we all know it's heading that way with all our heroes fighting the greater evil and finding redemption towards the end :facepalm: fully expecting jamie to be there with them too
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon 13 Jun - 18:19:41

Don't call me James wrote:There were some great scenes and acting in the episode. But as a whole the episode was poor because the writing was so poor. Arya and Mereen arcs after all the time put in to build them up have went completely to shit.

Three episodes in a row quite weak (6, 7, and Cool after the GOAT start to the season in the first 5.

But 9 and 10 are here to save us. I have no doubts about that.

Btw what do you think Qyburn and Cersei were talking about the "rumor or more". Wildfire?

7 was really good. How is it weak? Sure it had no "mind blown" moments like in e05 or some of the previous ones this season. But still on consistency scale it was right up there as one of the best of the season.
Also There were no low points in that episode. In all the others there were at least some meh parts. Even in the 'Door'. Here though it was one good sequence after another. Kind of s03-04 like stuff.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 13 Jun - 18:37:01

I already shared my thoughts on it in this thread. Your welcome to find the post. It just didn't do for me.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 13 Jun - 20:33:36

Pretty sure Jaime is the next Lord Commander of the night's watch. The 1000th. After killing Cersei he will take the black.

------------------

Wasn't a bad episode but it did have some poor writing in it. Plot armour was ridiculous with Arya. Jaqen at the end just smiling ffs. Once again, Arya's entire arc was a bit shit and pointless. Her 'training' seems to have made her immune to blood loss and weakness by the looks of it. She was still being bitched around by the waif.

Jaime's acting was incredible. Best part of the show.

Was hoping someone would backstab edmure tully.

Hound is definitely going to meet Sansa on his way north. Maybe even save her from something at some point.

Masters casually attacking mereen because why not? Guess that would make Theon's arrival good as they can attack from behind.

That Tyron, Grey worm and Missendei scene was awkward AF
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 13 Jun - 20:34:10

Mountain ripping that pleb's head off was 10/10

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon 13 Jun - 20:48:20

Pretty sure you can survive a crazy long time if you're not stabbed in the vitals.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 13 Jun - 20:53:04

Stabbed in the stomach multiple times. Wound ruptured after 20 minutes of jumping around etc. Then going down a flight of stairs. Barely able to walk. If you are stabbed and have been under intense physical excursion for a while, it's hard to believe she should be able to take on the waif who has always made her her bitch.

Entire Arya scene from the fight to the scene with Jaqen was unbelievable.

"A girl is now truly a no one" made 0 sense from Jaqen

No mate, she just killed the waif who always accused her of being Arya Stark and not no one. She is now more Arya than ever.

seems legit

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon 13 Jun - 22:54:01

So when Arya & Crane was talking about the world they were talking about "west for Westeros"

You think there's more than just Westeros and Mehsos?

Also I don't understand why those BWB lads would just do that massacre without BWB accept or whatever. Is it beacuse they saw the Hound or?

Hope they answer that.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 13 Jun - 23:07:23

I don't see Jaime killing Cersei, but I can see him being the next knight's commander after he gets banished to do it by the religious plebs when they take over king's landing 100%
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 13 Jun - 23:37:06

They won't take over. Cersei will request for KL to be burnt down. Faith plebs are a non-factor imo. Won't last for long.

Confident Jaime will return in time to kill her when she is channelling her inner mad king. Hope not though as I want her to see Daenerys ffs.

Still team cersei all the way. Hate tommen. Needs to die asap. Mountain needs to crush more heads as well.

Not really sure what Arya meant by west of westeros. West of Westeros consists the ruins of valayria and other side of essos with towns never mentioned etc.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 13 Jun - 23:44:53

Americos.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 13 Jun - 23:47:30

ffs Arya = Christoper Columbus confirmed
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue 14 Jun - 0:20:25

This episode entertained me, but I had to switch off my brain for it. Not really at all like classic GoT...

First of all, the Arya arc. Are you kidding me? Yes, she's destined for greater things and has a Jon/Tyrion type character shield, but did they have to make it that obvious? Running around the city, bleeding your guts out with the medieval T-1000 hot on your ass, that decides to walk when you're an easy target, crawling on the ground? You know what would happen if I did not attend Faceless Man Blindfolded school? I'd turn around, and get out of the frakking room or open the door or some shit. Which is already hard to believe she did not receive full on Mystique training.

Yeah, you just killed our top agent in the city, are forsaking months/years of training, and I'm just going to let you go with the full knowledge of our TOP SECRET assassin's guild. Seems legit.

Jaime, while regaining some balls and respect, still highly annoys me how he loves Cersei and all that crap, considering just how shitty she's treated him. But, that's love, I guess?

Brynden should still be alive... I don't agree with many of the slight changes the series has done over the books, overall, but I have to admit some stick and some don't. This one doesn't. Sorry, but I don't see how a battle hardened veteran would throw his life away like that, much less to that pussy Edmure. He's been gatekeeper of the Eyrie for years, FFS. He hasn't the fondest memories of Riverrun. He's just a stubborn, balls to the walls man. Not suicidal. Waste of a class character.

I do have high respect for the Tyrion/Varys bromance. They have presence, and plan stuff that make some sense at least. Bringing the Hound back is good. No drama, all muscle, and I love me gray characters that ain't nor good nor bad. Berric's alive... So, that throws the whole Lady Stoneheart concept down the loo.

It kinda bugs me how fast people are moving. I mean, in the first seasons it took months to get anywhere. These guys are crossing continents in weeks. Yes, I know there's too much going on, too many characters not introduced, too few characters to link together... plus, there's no time to shoot all the nerdy crap I wanted to see. It just bugs me.

The whole King's Landing arc puts me to sleep. But, yeah, Tommen's a bitch. Unless he's been drugged or something, I actually preferred Joffrey who at least had a personality. An asshole, but a personality.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 14 Jun - 1:01:34

Maybe it's because I read the episode was shit prior to watching, but am I the only one that thought it was a good episode? Not nearly as bad as I expected.

The only thing that bothered me was Dany arriving when we most expect her to, lazy writing.

Also I was a heavy skeptic of the Arya theories and I was proved right, the simplest explanation was that she was simply taken. But the reason for the doubts was because of lazy writing (Arya should not have been portrayed as so airloof)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next