Pedram
urbaNRoots
McAgger
El Gunner
LeVersacci
50 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 40 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:45 am

I'm not really sure if I like what Arya did to the Freys (even though I did smile at the end and her lines were great). Sure their lord and some of his sons were involved in the treachery against the Starks but I doubt that all of them did that shit willingly. The Jon scene forgiving the Karstarks and Umbers showed us a little bit of King Jon ruling but also served as juxtaposition to Arya's scene. Even the Ed Sheeran scene did that beautifully, not everyone involved in an army or even family are all either good or bad.

Moving on, did anyone notice that Tormund was sent to Eastwatch, exactly where the Brotherhood seem to be going? One part of the Fellowship beyond the Wall seems to be set up already Proud loved all the Brotherhood scenes, this is why The Hound is one of my favourites.

Euron-Cersei alliance is something that I knew I wanted but not as much as after the scene in the Throne room. "Two hands" rofl

Also that was Jorah at the Citadel, right? He was asking about Daenerys landing and was pretty much Iain Glen's voice. He has seen better days.

As I expected, the episode was more of a set-up but some really good season 1-esque dialogue-heavy scenes that I enjoyed.

Promo for next week's episode:

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 40 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:17 am

Really good episode. I hope Sam finds something shocking during his stay in the citadel.

Also that foreshadowing to the wall Proud
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:23 am

Oh yeah, so many mentions of the wall standing that it just has to fall by season's end.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:31 am

urbaNRoots wrote:I'm not really sure if I like what Arya did to the Freys (even though I did smile at the end and her lines were great). Sure their lord and some of his sons were involved in the treachery against the Starks but I doubt that all of them did that shit willingly. The Jon scene forgiving the Karstarks and Umbers showed us a little bit of King Jon ruling but also served as juxtaposition to Arya's scene. Even the Ed Sheeran scene did that beautifully, not everyone involved in an army or even family are all either good or bad.

I think there is a small difference. Where as the Karstarks and Umbers revolted, they did it fair in battle, and with Freys it wasnt the same. Arya must have made sure innocent members of the house including young boys and wives and daughters of Walder Frey survived.

Anyway Arya is never Jon. It will be interesting to see how they tackle her dark side in the coming episodes. Like you said the Riverland scene with Ed Sheeran and gang was so poignant to her arc. May be it will kickstart a change in her.

Last edited by Glory on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:34 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Oh yeah, so many mentions of the wall standing that it just has to fall by season's end.
It's pretty obvious by now. Question is how? That mark thing on Bran from the NK?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Stannis already told Sam of the dragonglass on dragonstone. How did it take so long for him to click...? scratch
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Good episode.

Just trying to recover from the Ed Sheeran cameo cringe. If I recall what I read correctly, 50 Cent should be making a subtle cameo next week as a house Karstark extra. Great decision by casting imo.

Liked the tension between Euron, Cersei and Jaime. We'll see what he offers her.

Solid premiere.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Solid episode 7/10

-Arya killing the Freys has been a long time coming, good on her. Also loved that scene with Ed Sheeran, every soldier showed their human side, one guy had a kid, one missed his father. Gave some moral sunjectivity to Arya that maybe not everyone deserves to die, even if they are Lannisters

-Umm, what the f*ck? Gendry is suddenly back or am i not rememberign it correctly? The subtle insertion is weird

-Sansa is getting smarter, she knows that you have to play dirty to win the Great Game, but Jon is only concerned with the Walkers

-Sam's scenes had a little bit too much toilet humor for my liking...Jorah :bow:, no idea how he's getting out.

-Loved The Hound, every scene is a gift from him, him and the Brotherhood+Tormund and co going to Eastbourne is great. Cant wait to see those scenes and dialogue.

-Umm, the Bran scene..what?

>Prove you're Bran
>You were at the Fist of the First Men
>Yes I was, now how the *bleep* does that have anything to do with you being Bran?

-Loved Euron and Cersei scene, wonder what 'gift' he'll bring? He cant be going after Dany and co as thats the endgame here. Maybe Jon?

-Didn't like the Dany scene, we've already had 7 sseasons of her gawking and deteriorating CGI, apart from that last line it was meh
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:01 pm

Totally agreed on the Bran scene.

Maybe Euron will find the dragon horn to control them? hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:47 pm

watching this while eating was a mistake

3 minute scene of Sam cleaning up literal shit smh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:17 pm

Euron better live up to my expectations this season. So far so good. Need a sick twisted lad in GoT since Ramsay is gone.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:56 pm

silver wrote:Stannis already told Sam of the dragonglass on dragonstone. How did it take so long for him to click...? scratch

Yeah that was the only thing that bothered me in this episode. Stannis told him way back in S5, Sam would have surely told Jon immediately. I always thought Jon knew as well.

It feels like the scene was inserted just to remind the audience and not have them say that the dragonglass in Dragonstone came out of nowhere.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:12 pm

Huh, where was gendry? Wtf? @ES

Great episode imo. Was hooked from 1st min till the end. Amazing opening scene.

Jorah Sad

That Sam cleaning shit scene was 2 mins too long imo.

Sam just organised Jon-Daenerys meet up. Unreal matchmaking skills.

Hound is GOAT ffs. Best dialogues by far.

Don't agree that Euron was good. Thought he was acting like a clown. Pretty sure his gift is going to be the dragon binding horn or Tyrion's head.

Dragonstone CGI was awful. Thought it was a billboard with crows flying Laughing

Agreed with the Sam bit. He needs to find something shocking.

Bran scene was just to let us know he is alive.

9/10 return imo

Last edited by RealGunner on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:14 pm

Was actually tense during the Arya-Lannister scene. Thought something was gonna blow up.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:27 pm

Agree with RG. Euron was terrible, looked like a punk rock reject. The scene where he killed Balon was his best scene. I don't know how his character deteriorated so much. Also there was no Gendry in this episode, @ES what was subtle insertion?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:53 pm

PROFESSOR SLUGHORN FFS

RESTRICTED SECTION

FULL CIRCLE

-------

http://www.goallegacy.net/viewtopic.forum?t=40721
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40