Pedram
urbaNRoots
McAgger
El Gunner
LeVersacci
50 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 14 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:32 pm

I agree with most of you, the ninth episode is simply breathtaking.

The only downside is that Jon Snow is no longer my favorite character because he showed me that he's not a clever war tactician and stubborn.

I currently don't have a favorite character because I don't believe there's anyone who stands out above the rest. Used to be Tyrion, but him too did many mistakes and tactical blunders.

I guess it's the beauty of the show, just when you think there's somebody ethically and intellectually superior to everybody else, something happens to make you revisit your opinion.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 14 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 7 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by M99 Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Really don't have anything to say about this episode. I was in near tears. Everything has been said by RG, Versacci, Dont call me Ramsay, Mclewis etc. Even counting movies that battle was one of the best I've ever seen.

My two criticisms are how all the arrows magically missed Jon (my friends were laughing hard at that) and Ramsay remaining a terrible character.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:00 pm

Pretty good ep, preferred Hardhome myself, most likely because I'd read spoilers for this already from the leaks, but also it was obvious Jon was always going to win after being revived this season. Really well crafted episode though. Harrowing stuff. Ramsay's end :bow:

Don't get the hype for the Mereen stuff from BC, wasn't that impressive and would hardly count as a battle in GoT terms. Dragons looked great though. CGI was improved.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:02 pm

GoT sure love their -swoops in at the climax and saves the day trope- though Proud

if Davos doesn't cut down Melisandre next ep I will be annoyed tbh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:15 pm

Ramsey finally gets his comeuppance. banana

Fantastic episode. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:38 pm

Loved everything about this episode.

The fighting, the lesbian banter, Ramsey vs Jon.

Also shoutout to the cinematographer, can't wait to see what him and Zack Snyder achieves with Justice League
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:42 pm

Firenze wrote:
Don't get the hype for the Mereen stuff from BC, wasn't that impressive and would hardly count as a battle in GoT terms. Dragons looked great though. CGI was improved.

It's a bit strange but we never got to see actual battles involving Danys armies I think. We get the start and then there's a cut and the battle is over.
Maybe it's because she's just steamrolling the opposition anyway but it feels so very strange.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:45 pm

Ah God damn that was a masterpiece.

RIP Ramsey, GOAT that he was. Had gandalf not ruined his masterplan he'd go down as a war genius. 10x better than pleb Stannis. May you rest in piece you hero.

Tormund :bow: so happy he survived, he was my 2nd pick to die in this episode after prime wun wun I was sure they were both dying. Trading headbutts like a boss ffs, that's how it's done (@WWE)

Jon finally unleashing the beast ffs, and Sansa finally growing some balls (no homo) great stuff. Actually really enjoyed Dany stuff. About time the god damn dragons won her a war. Davos as usual is a lad, knows his shit and would definitely be my right hand man in times of war.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:04 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I agree with most of you, the ninth episode is simply breathtaking.

The only downside is that Jon Snow is no longer my favorite character because he showed me that he's not a clever war tactician and stubborn.

I currently don't have a favorite character because I don't believe there's anyone who stands out above the rest. Used to be Tyrion, but him too did many mistakes and tactical blunders.

I guess it's the beauty of the show, just when you think there's somebody ethically and intellectually superior to everybody else, something happens to make you revisit your opinion.

Jon got blinded by rage after he saw his brother die. He threw all tactics out of the window after that.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:22 pm

M99 wrote:
My two criticisms are how all the arrows magically missed Jon (my friends were laughing hard at that) and Ramsay remaining a terrible character.

Plot armor.

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:44 pm

I don't think the arrows were supposed to him him. It's only a far fetched theory but I think him coming back from the dead and being the chosen one had more to do with that. The way his sword reflected to change the colour ad how all the arrows perfectly went around him in a circle. I think it was deliberate that they don't hit him.

Also Jon reborn is not the same jon as before. He is hellbent on revenge. He couldn't care less about tactics because he is not a perfect hero. He is still a flawed character who promised Sansa that Rickon will be ok but when he was killed infront of him he lost his head. It made sense.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:46 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClaDI_QWIAAOGPH.jpg

A song of Ice and Fire. This was great
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:53 pm

What I liked most about the episode is that the battle was not glorified, we saw it from the eyes of a soldier. Chaos, confusion, fear. Even someone as experienced as Jon looked lost at times.

And the cinematography-- the Bolton close up arrow shot, Jon vs the Karstark cavalry, the wide shot of the Knights of the Vale cutting through the Bolton infantry. The dragons flying around Meereen was also an incredibly beautiful shot.

Slightly disappointed with the Greyjoys arriving too late at the Battle of Meereen, it would've nice to see a naval battle but I suppose that's something GoT can do next season especially with Euron becoming more prominent.

So many characters were badass. Jon, Sansa, Tormund, Wun Wun, Dany, even Grey Worm. Ramsay's death is so fitting dude, it's a shame Theon was not there to see it happen. RIP Wun Wun and Rickon (I suppose).

Yara hitting on Dany :bow: she was so amazed with Dany and Dany taken aback aswell with her swagger. Surely after settling who rules Meereen now, they all gtfo to Westeros?

D&D :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:58 pm

Looking at the promo for next episode

will say this in spoiler tag if no one wants to see the promo

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:03 pm

Some plot points to discuss:

1. Who is going to be selected Lord/Lady of Winterfell?
2. Who will take the Dreadfort castle and lands?
3. What will they do with the Umbers and Karstarks? Tywin Lannister style (wipe out) or Robert Baratheon style (forgive them).
4. Is Melisandre going to die next episode?
5. Will we see Arya, The Brotherhood, Euron, Sand Snakes, White Walkers again this season?
6. Is Bran's mark going to allow the White Walkers pass the Wall?
7. From the preview, is someone going to crash the Frey party?
8. What's the rumour Qyburn inquired about? Will Cersei be executed? Will the UnMountain smash some Sparrows?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:18 pm

1. It should be Sansa in Bran 's name

2. I would give them to either Jon or Tormund to establish their own houses. Alternatively divide them up between many loyalists.

3. Execute and replace with loyal members of their house if they can find any.

4. Don't think she can die, Lord of Light will keep her alive

5. Yes to all except white walkers

6. Maybe

7. Going pie making!

8. Definitely wildfire
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:24 pm

1. Sansa will be the queen. However it will be interesting if Jon actually gets legitimised. Or if the northern houses considers him as the king instead of Sansa.

2. Tormund hopefully

3. Probably forgive them.

4. Think jon still needs her. but that might create tension between Jon and Davos.

5. We will see all of them. White walkers might be the final scene.

6. Depends on what Benjen tells him

7. answer in my spoiler tag above

8. Wildfire. Tyrion hinted at it too. Burn them all Proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:25 pm

Also can we talk about how Sansa was completely right about Ramsay making Jon mad and forcing him to  make stupid mistakes? The entire Rickon thing was to force a charge and have the Stark army completely improvise new plans as opposed to what they decided the previous night. Jon fell for it without a second's thought. He should have accepted that he is dead as Sansa had.

That being said Sansa is a huge douchebag for not informing them if the Vale's army. I can only assume she did this so Jon would lose most of his power base whereas she would have hers intact, strengthening her claim to the throne.

Also why did Wun Wun not have a weapon? Sad

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:27 pm

I honestly wasn't talking about his instinctive and completely understandable reaction to Rickon's death, I was talking about that little conversation he had with Sansa in the tent the night before the battle. He didn't look like the smart, cautious Jon Snow from Castle Black who would calculate everything before putting one foot in front of the other. He looked hot-headed and stubborn like Stannis - and I would argue that he would've had the same fate as the latter hadn't the knights of the Vale intervened.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:27 pm

From Jon's point of view. He has lost nearly everyone and losing Rickon as well was something which sent him into a mental breakdown. From his point he did what most normal people would do. He was driven by emotions. Sansa was absolutely right though. But if she had told him about the Vale army then none of this would happen

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:34 pm

You're absolutely right, she should've informed him about the Vale army. Looks like she has learned a thing or two from Littlefinger in deception and lies.

Littlefinger, btw, what a wickedly smart character, probably the smartest in GoT. He's not even the king and he's running everything in the shadows.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:37 pm

Holy shit, that was amazing!!!

I also don't understand why Sansa kept the Vale army a secret. It makes no sense to me.

Also, Ramsey's death is one of the most satisfying deaths in tv/movie history.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:42 pm

elitedam wrote:Holy shit, that was amazing!!!

I also don't understand why Sansa kept the Vale army a secret. It makes no sense to me.

Also, Ramsey's death is one of the most satisfying deaths in tv/movie history.

If Ramsey saw the Vale Army, I am sure he would have retreated back to the castle and there wouldn't be this epic battle.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:52 pm

Great episode. but Jon was disappointing. He is not a leader i thought he is going to be. Ramsey completely outplayed him.

Jon is still too emotional even after all he is been trough.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:53 pm

Jon did what any other big brother would do.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:11 pm

Nah. Smart leaders wouldn't do that. You want to avenge your brother make sure you win. he almost got everyone killed.

And Jon Snow is the only character i like in game of thrones.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next