S
Jay29
Myesyats
RealGunner
rwo power
30 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Which teams will go through? (Choose 2, please)

EURO 2016 France - Group C - Page 6 Vote_lcap50%EURO 2016 France - Group C - Page 6 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 13 ]
EURO 2016 France - Group C - Page 6 Vote_lcap4%EURO 2016 France - Group C - Page 6 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
EURO 2016 France - Group C - Page 6 Vote_lcap42%EURO 2016 France - Group C - Page 6 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 11 ]
EURO 2016 France - Group C - Page 6 Vote_lcap4%EURO 2016 France - Group C - Page 6 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 26

EURO 2016 France - Group C - Page 6 Empty Re: EURO 2016 France - Group C

Post by Valkyrja Fri 17 Jun - 8:24:49

They miss Reus badly imo. He's much better than any of there attackers bar Ozil

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 17 Jun - 9:01:41

Götze needs to go, Gomez will get more goals. Also, Müller is showing his limitations when the system doesn't suit him just right. Germany have had nothing going on from the right flank, because both Höwedes and Müller are average at best on the ball.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri 17 Jun - 10:07:48

S wrote:Im not expecting any surprises this game. Germany always beat Poland.

We beat Germany 2-0 in the qualifications moron
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri 17 Jun - 10:14:11

VivaStPauli wrote:Okay, what I disagree with in the terms of what has been said in this thread, and has been the immediate media reaction:

The media, and many in this thread, and this forum in general, love a good underdog story, and as such have framed this match in a way that basically goes "Germany either win this or are hugely embarrassed", which is already plain false.
Considering the state of the group, the prime directives for Germany were "don't lose" and "don't sustain injuries", because the third match of the group is against a scrub team.

Of course Germany wanted to win, any team always wants to win. But they wanted to not lose more. And they achieved that beautifully.

The defense was amazingly improved, compared to the Ukraine match. Poland basically had half a chance. And don't come at me with those squandered Milik chances.
You're not having a "great chance" for goal against Germany when Hummels or Boateng are still in front of you. "Only Boatengs last-ditch block stopped him" is a stupid sentence, it just means that a non-threatening forward was afforded a bit of space, and one of the CBs blocked his shot, just the way everyone expected it to go down.

If that was an awesome chance, so was the rebound Müller sent sky-high, or the volley-while-slipping Kroos sent wide.

Germany had more possession, won more tackles, had more interceptions, won more 1on1s, finished more passes, had more shots on goal, and had more attempts.

Poland are a very good team, and they managed to do f*ckall. And they refused to risk a thing. So Germany didn't get any space. Well f*ck you very much Poland, Germany weren't going to stupidly crowd your box and get countered the shit out of the tournament. They were like "well, 0-0 isn't exactly bad for us either tbh" and didn't risk anything.

I know this wasn't exactly a great match, and Löw is still a retard. But that doesn't mean he doesn't sometimes do some things right. The defense has looked great, Hummels and Boateng are amazing together.

Sure, Gomez needs to start, and it was shameful how even when Gomez came on, they kept crossing to midgets instead of aiming for one of the world's best 9s. But that's just Löw being Löw. The team didn't actually suck.

Höwedes was bad attacking, so what, he's always been bad at that. Yes, I would prefer starting someone like Can, but Löw is a moron.

Doesn't mean Poland were at any point close to winning this, or close to scoring. They weren't. It's a knee-jerk analysis because the underdog almost getting the top dog is a great narrative, and we want to hear it, want to believe it, and news outlets love to write it.

But it just wasn't true. Poland are the dark horses of the tournament and fielded the world's best striker. And they didn't have a single proper chance. Half a shot on goal. Good on them.

Frankly, Germany still don't look great, but they also don't look any worse than any other top team. And they still can improve a lot by just starting Gomez, and benching Draxler and Höwedes.

Just don't start Tah. I love the kid, but Leverkusen is f*cking cancer.

Ich habe fertig.

So salty lmao

Why would we risk? A draw assured that we advance so why would we open up against world champions?

And we've had more scoring chances than you, bumhead. You were passing from side to side and you've caused no danger to our goal
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 17 Jun - 10:56:40

When you talk about close chances to score, you talk about chances inside the box and bar that Götze chance, Germany barely threatened Poland's penalty area. As i said, Germany were mostly reduced to shooting outside the box. Those are half chances at best especially the Kroos and Özil chances you mention.

Meanwhile Poland had two chances where any striker playing at a high level such as this should easily put it away. The second chance had it been scored would've been the best counter-attacking goal of the tournament thus far.

Keeping the ball doesnt mean dominate because Germany could hardly cut open Poland's defense. You talk like Germany played Iceland or something. Poland is a proper footballing side with a proper counter-attacking scheme. It seemed obvious from the outset that they'll let Germany have the ball and hit them on the break, with their fast counter-attacking players.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 17 Jun - 11:30:32

Not only did the striker miss the first chance (lol btw; wtf was that) and then the second... he didn't even hit the target Laughing I mean it's one thing to hit the ball and the keeper makes a miraculous save. The guy choked so hard that he missed the ball both times Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Fri 17 Jun - 12:13:25

VivaStPauli wrote:
Poland basically had half a chance. And don't come at me with those squandered Milik chances.
You're not having a "great chance" for goal against Germany when Hummels or Boateng are still in front of you.

Doesn't mean Poland were at any point close to winning this, or close to scoring. They weren't.

I mean like.. what? Very Happy

You had some truth in your post but these points are totally untrue, they were a lot closer to winning and yes, both of Milik's chances were extremely easy. Especially the header, worst miss of the Euros so far

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri 17 Jun - 13:54:01

He didn't miss the goal, though. He missed the ball. That's not even a chance.

Again, when you propose that he almost hit the ball, which then might almost hit the goal, in your imaginary world where Milik is one step faster, why isn't then Hummels, Boateng, oder Neuer also one step faster?

I really didn't see those as sitters, or anything close. They were situations that could've been a decent chance. They weren't.

At least Kroos and Özil managed to shoot a ball towards the goal.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 17 Jun - 14:02:13

Neuer was beaten on the first chance and it was by far the best chance of the game

On the 2nd chance, he was in a prime position to strike the ball in the back of the net compared to Özil or Kroos. Thats not a half chance, that's a big missed chance.

How are we even debating this is beyond me Laughing

Its not like Germany created a multitude of chances either.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri 17 Jun - 14:07:40

I'm not taking issue with the point that Germanys offense was toothless, because it was, and the Götze-as-a-false-9-experiment has utterly failed, I agree with those points.

I just think people are imagining some kind of Polish offense magic show because it fits the narrative of the big dog getting served, which just didn't happen. Poland didn't have one proper shot. The best thing they had was that free kick past the post.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 17 Jun - 14:19:44

All people are saying is that if Poland were a bit more clinical, they could've won this game because in my opinion Poland created the two best chances of the game, nothing more nothing less.

This Poland team is good. Much better than the other eastern European teams or the UK teams.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 17 Jun - 14:29:05

rofl

We'd smash Poland lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 17 Jun - 14:32:15

I don't know about that S... the only difference between this Poland team and the other Eastern European teams is that they have Lewa. So far, that hasn't made much of a difference for Poland in terms of scoring... but he does command attention which opens up space for the others. Poland is more dangerous offensively.

I actually feel that Russia is overrated while all the others are underrated. They are all very good tactically, show discipline and play very tough. I personally don't like the PTB schemes... but what can you do. That's how it is. So every game is going to be close unless you score early.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 17 Jun - 14:40:00

Poland are much better than Ukraine, Wales, Czech Republic, Russia and the Irish teams. Only England are better on paper.

Poland's midfield has more technical quality, they have better ball-carriers while in transition and of course Lewa.

The difference between Poland and the aforementioned teams is not just down to Lewa, but also down to having a better midfield imo.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri 17 Jun - 17:10:19

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:rofl

We'd smash Poland lol.

Yeah world champions barely created a good chance against Poland but that sorry ass English team would smash them lmao

You'd be in deep shite if not for a lucky goal in the last minutes.

I hope most English people aren't as delusional as you are.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 17 Jun - 17:14:00

Poland rofl

Who are you lmao, calma.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri 17 Jun - 17:40:23

You clearly have issues.

England can't even beat Russia lmao who came into the tournament completely unprepared...

Get your fat ass together.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 17 Jun - 17:48:30

Scousemanc is back :bow:

Grimsby is drunk and noisy as we speak

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 17 Jun - 17:51:27

We were really unlucky not to beat Russia lol, we dominated the entire game and they got lucky right at the end.

As lucky as you claim we were against Wales ( not true but it's whatever) anyone with sense as to see that Russia deserved zero from that game.

Besides it's totally different going up against teams that play very negatively than it is going up against teams like Germany who want to pin you back rather than the other way round.

It's a totally different mindset and not one which translates from game to game, it's cute that you are taking me seriously though lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 17 Jun - 17:57:36

Exactly mole... that's why the games that pit you against PTB teams really are meaningless.  It's more about getting points in these than any style points because their tactics are designed to destroy style.

Italy is a PTB team btw...  but they do it with talented players and are dangerous on the counter.  Always been like this other than the brief period under Prandelli.  Big reason why i absolutely hate them.  Used to hate Germany NT too for the same reason...  but they reformed and are a positive team now.

So unless you draw Italy... how well you play against PTB teams are absolutely meaningless.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri 17 Jun - 18:01:34

Yeah different mindset my ass

You sound like England are like a monster that is unable to stop

Nah, they're weak, mostly mentally above all things, and have an uninspiring coach. That's the truth.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 17 Jun - 18:04:29

rofl

You are getting angry at me for joking around, i don't actually think we are some monster lol.

Calma.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 17 Jun - 18:10:17

England have just as good a chance as any... there aren't any teams that look above and beyond. Of course, Rooney's form is the key because he's the technical leader on the attack.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri 17 Jun - 19:05:16

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote: rofl

You are getting angry at me for joking around, i don't actually think we are some monster lol.

Calma.

Heh, I've seen enough of your trash to know you're not joking but simply spitting your usual bs

What ever floats your boat though.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 17 Jun - 19:19:05

Laughing

You'll notice there's a reason why nobody questions me on it, it's because everyone here knows i'm not being serious half the time.

Continue to get angry on the internet though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri 17 Jun - 20:20:53

Chill out, bros.

No need for the insults. We're all adults here (Mostly anyway hmm).

Agree to disagree and be civil or please don't post.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next