Chumlum
Jay29
EL Patron
El Gunner
RealGunner
44 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Mon 11 Jul - 17:20:32

I would have paid a poud of flesh to take BVB-Götze.

I kinda hate him now. And even more so after his wonderful Euro performances. :/

That said, I would rather have him/Draxler to not adding ANYONE to our forward line at this point.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sushi Master Mon 11 Jul - 17:35:09

He can play in that wide position that we keep playing average players in.

I still believe in Goetze, but he needs confidence. The Germany performances I'm not going to judge him by, because he's not a frakking false 9, but he can be a very good wide player, as the BVB form can show.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon 11 Jul - 17:36:20

Right, so we want Atletico Arda Turan and BVB Mario Gotze. I think Inter Adriano would just about wrap the window up nicely for us.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon 11 Jul - 17:40:18

Is Invincibles era Wenger too much of a stretch?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon 11 Jul - 17:42:04

Sushi Master wrote:Is Invincibles era Wenger too much of a stretch?

That hurts. Sad
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 12 Jul - 0:15:14

DiMarzio reports #AFC want Higuaín & Napoli want Giroud. Wenger considering making a cash + player offer.

-----

Thoughts?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue 12 Jul - 0:26:23

RealGunner wrote:DiMarzio reports #AFC want Higuaín & Napoli want Giroud. Wenger considering making a cash + player offer.

-----

Thoughts?

Would prefer to keep Giroud and just make up the difference in cash even if it's a great deal of money. Higuain is obviously the better striker but Giroud is still very good and part of the reason he burns out at times is because of a lack of depth and competition. With Higuain and Giroud we'd be very well set.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Moondoggie Tue 12 Jul - 2:24:21

I'd rather have both as well, but if giving up Giroud is what it took to get Higuain, I wouldn't hesitate. That said, I'm always skeptical of these player swap scenarios. They rarely happen.
Moondoggie
Moondoggie
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue 12 Jul - 2:35:52

Same here
would take it

not his biggest fan but he is much better than Giroud,no debate there

but even if we got Higuain ,ideally we still need someone in Girouds profile in the squad

not my favourite striker but if means it increases our chances of competing for major Honours (mainly the league),which it does,then go for it
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue 12 Jul - 3:15:52

Mad
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 12 Jul - 8:57:31

Moondoggie wrote:I'd rather have both as well, but if giving up Giroud is what it took to get Higuain, I wouldn't hesitate. That said, I'm always skeptical of these player swap scenarios. They rarely happen.

Agree with all of the above, and especially the bold part.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 12 Jul - 11:08:09

Apparently Higuain's €94mil release clause has now expired and Napoli can ask for even more Laughing

Gazzetta dello Sport claim Arsenal want to offer €60mil + Giroud which could be equivalent to €100mil.

But I don't see it. Arsenal aren't about to offer out the only striker they have, especially not in addition to an already large fee. It sounds like a 2+2=5 story where both clubs just happen to be interested in each other's striker.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 12 Jul - 12:09:16

Absolutely ridiculous Laughing
Higuain ain't worth 60 million euro alone.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue 12 Jul - 12:41:11

Jay29 wrote:Apparently Higuain's €94mil release clause has now expired and Napoli can ask for even more Laughing

Gazzetta dello Sport claim Arsenal want to offer €60mil + Giroud which could be equivalent to €100mil.

But I don't see it. Arsenal aren't about to offer out the only striker they have, especially not in addition to an already large fee. It sounds like a 2+2=5 story where both clubs just happen to be interested in each other's striker.

Reading Gazzetta rumors Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue 12 Jul - 13:24:35

We need to ADD something better to Giroud.

Not ship him out altogether and fork out a fackwad of moolah, and still have only one striker in the squad.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue 12 Jul - 16:14:11

Is it true that while we have been chilling out, Spurs have signed Janssen as well as Wanyama?

God damn. They were already so good last season.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 12 Jul - 16:28:10

Yup. Janssen confirmed today for £17mil.

No idea if he's even any good but another name off the list, joining a rival club Laughing

But I guess Mavididi is good enough.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue 12 Jul - 16:47:25

Olivier Giroud's agent: “If he was asked to leave, then we would evaluate options.

"There is no fear from Olivier about possibly going to Napoli: it is a magnificent city. In Campania (Naples), my client could lead a wonderful life.

"Not to mention that the type of game played by Sarri could enhance the quality of a centre-forward like him.”
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 12 Jul - 16:50:59

Akpom not going on loan this season, apparently. Means he's either getting sold or...

I can't see us trying to sell Giroud without an alternative lined-up, which we clearly don't right now.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 12 Jul - 17:09:11

Most likely Akpom is being sold. Didn't live up to the hype sadly. Didn't even reach Afobe's level.

I could be wrong. Maybe he is the internal solution we have been talking about for years

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue 12 Jul - 17:34:23

To be fair ...

If Arsenal had signed Janssen & Wanyama, we all know there would be a vocal contingent complaining that those two aren't good enough, Arsenal have no ambition, #WengerOut, etc.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 12 Jul - 18:44:17

Jon Toral to Granada on loan confirmed.

Will be under the perfect manager in Paco Jemez. Think he could end up staying there if he does well.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 12 Jul - 18:55:15

Chumlum wrote:To be fair ...

If Arsenal had signed Janssen & Wanyama, we all know there would be a vocal contingent complaining that those two aren't good enough, Arsenal have no ambition, #WengerOut, etc.

Since when we complain about signing players? rofl

I guess signing no one is better...
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Moondoggie Tue 12 Jul - 18:59:12

Emanuele Giulianelli of Gazetto dello Sport is reporting that Higuain has agreed to a 5-year contract with Arsenal and that the Gunners will soon make an official bid. Most likely a product of Giulianelli's deranged imagination Wink .
Moondoggie
Moondoggie
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 12 Jul - 19:23:54

Moondoggie wrote:Emanuele Giulianelli of Gazetto dello Sport is reporting that Higuain has agreed to a 5-year contract with Arsenal and that the Gunners will soon make an official bid. Most likely a product of Giulianelli's deranged imagination  Wink .

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 15 GKqNY
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 12 Jul - 19:27:40

Would legit cry if we sign Higuain.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next