BarrileteCosmico
zigra
urbaNRoots
Jonathan28
RealGunner
18 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 4 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:40 pm

Queen has to be sansa.

Euron revealing himself doesn't make sense to me either. Reveal himself as the leader of sons of harpy lol?

or reveal himself to be the 'dat ass' girl AKA dusky woman

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 4 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:41 pm

BC scroll up to two posts you pleb
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:48 pm

Reading is overrated. Scrolling more so.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:Queen has to be sansa.

Euron revealing himself doesn't make sense to me either. Reveal himself as the leader of sons of harpy lol?

or reveal himself to be the 'dat ass' girl AKA dusky woman

I feel like they are just trolling fans with this one
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:55 pm

Euron reveals himself as Daario Proud

Also anyone spot this easter egg?

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 4 B3icvfs
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:49 pm

"Brienne meets a friend turned foe"

Septon Ray telling a story on how they killed a boy while his mother watched and screamed.

Evil Brotherhood.

hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:33 am

What I don't get is that in the books Edmure lets the Blackfish get away and Jaime is actually all pissed off and stuff. But on the show, Edmure's like "oh they can have him and lock him away".

Blackfish dying probably also means he won't be playing any important role in the rest of the series.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:43 am

silver wrote:Blackfish dying probably also means he won't be playing any important role in the rest of the series.

Still no.
But I don't think he has a very important role to play anyway.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Do you guys think something similar will happen on Hound's arc in the book?

LSH evil brotherhood kills Elder Brother and slaughters the area and Hound joins Beric, Anguy etc to take up arms against them?

That would be an interesting story arc. We pretty much took Cleganebowl as a certainty despite many technical improbabilities.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:05 am

So apparently those rumours cersei and qyburn were taking about were about the wildfire buried under KL.

burn them all Proud

M99 wrote:Do you guys think something similar will happen on Hound's arc in the book?

LSH evil brotherhood kills Elder Brother and slaughters the area and Hound joins Beric, Anguy etc to take up arms against them?

That would be an interesting story arc. We pretty much took Cleganebowl as a certainty despite many technical improbabilities.

Seems more and more like that tbh. It was more of a fan fiction than a GRRM thing. Maybe it won't be a proper fight and maybe hound will end up killing the mountain at some point anyways but its unlikely it will be in a combat.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:16 am

Sandor killing the Mountain and Arya killing Cercei are the two worst fan fiction stories around imo. Just won't happen.

(I hope)
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:19 am

Arya will never kill anyone on her list herself.

I just want her to meet lady stoneheart in the books tbh.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:47 am

I have been a long believer that Cersei would turn into Aerys and Jaime will be the valonquar. Make it happen D&D.

So in the next 2 episodes we need to have:

Battle of Winterfell
Battle of Meereen
Baelor's Sept burn
ToJ

Seems pretty packed
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:48 am

Dorne and Bran both will return in the finale. Going to be an incredibly rushed finale.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:50 am

I think Dorne will be a quick thing, just a scene where they pledge to Dany or something of the sort. Oddly no one in KL seems concerned that the rightful house has been overtaken by bastards...

That being said if I cared to dig my Dprne Ep1 post-episode reaction I said something along the lines of "the only way I'll be happy with what happened in Dorne is if we don't get any more Dorne this season", and that's exactly what we got. So thanks D&D Proud

I think the Battle of Meereen will be rushed, if not outright off-script. It seems they will blow the budget on the 'tactical' battle of winterfell.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:53 am

battle of winterfell is 45 mins long i think. Most of the budget did go on that.

Don't really need a proper battle of mereen. Drogon should just go on and burn all the ships and call it a day
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:56 am

Has it been confirmed to be so long? If so that's awesome. HYPE.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:05 am

It's the longest amount of time they've filmed for a sequence, so it's expected to be really long. Some 40 minutes atleast with Battle of Meereen taking 20.

I hope the Knights of the Vale and the Iron Born don't both do the "come at the last minute to save the day". That's so predictable, I hope they do something else for once.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:20 am

I was kind of looking forward to a Ironborn vs Slave Masters naval battle for Mereen.

If Knights of the Vale don't come to the rescue, how else could Jon Snow win the battle of Winterfell?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:10 am

What I mean is that I hope they don't come at the last minute, not that they don't come at all. Like they could show up before the battle because as of now Jon and Sansa are entering a battle they can't actually win. 2562 vs 7000, no one would willingly start a battle at such odds, but if the Knights of the Vale side with them before the battle, then it makes sense.

With the Iron Born, I guess it would be acceptable because we have not seen a naval battle yet but we have already seen Tywin arrive late at the Blackwater, we've seen Stannis save the day at the Wall, all I'm asking is for a normal battle with similar odds and the better commander winning with no external forces arriving late in the battle.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:36 am

I really can't imagine the battle of winterfell happening the same way in the books
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:51 am

I don't think many people expected the battle to be similar.

I still think Stannis will sack Winterfell. Something that would leave us with the same result would be the northern lords helping him to do that and betraying him afterwards. That way Winterfell would be back in the hand of the Starks and the Boltons+Stannis would be gone.
Of course Stannis doesn't have to die yet and it could be different alltogether just aswell. But I don't really see two battles of Winterfell in WoW happening.

I don't see it happening like the show version in the books though, that's for sure.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:03 am

RealGunner wrote:I really can't imagine the battle of winterfell happening the same way in the books
I could see Sansa arriving with the Vale army
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:13 am

For the fight? I don't, really. We already got the sample chapter(s?) from WoW and she's not moving anywhere yet. Thing is in theory it could happen of course but I just don't see the whole thing dragging on for half of WoW or something like that.
I'm almost sure both Meereen and Winterfell will be done in the first idk 200-250 pages or so.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:19 am

Was literally going to type that BC lol

I haven't read any sample chapters so can't say. But I think the events will play out in some way where Sansa reunites with Jon while getting an Army to winterfell.

Maybe Stannis turns heel and does something bad enough for Jon to take the wildlings towards winterfell. Or maybe Mance is running things. Maybe Ramsay actually has done something spiteful.

But the entire battle. It will take a lot of the books i guess.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:31 am

We alreasy know from GRRM that the Battles for Winterfell and Mereen are happening early into TWoW, Stannis will win I think since the Boltons are in disarry due to mance and the spearwives along with the lords loyal to the Starks causing major havoc. Jon, Sansa and the Vale won't be involved at all.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next