Firenze
Lucifer
Mr Nick09
58 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Build Up: Pogba to United - Page 33 Empty Re: Build Up: Pogba to United

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:34 pm

No we have plenty of 10s.  That's not the issue.  Marcelo and Ronaldo don't defend so we need someone that can do the work defensively on the left while contributing to the attack.  Di Maria did that for us the one year we were truly balanced.  If you didn't have Marcelo/Ronaldo to completely mess up that side defensively, i'd agree with you.

That's why I'm adamant about Pogba.  He's about the only guy other than Di Maria (in a different way) that can bring speed, good enough defense, work rate and attacking flair on that left side to compensate.

Right now, Casemiro is basically a 3rd CB because Ramos is basically a LB (poor one) with Marcelo/Ronaldo/Kroos out there. We're messed up because of the left side tbh. You need a freak athlete out there so the entire team isn't forced to compensate Laughing

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:38 pm

We defend good enough, I think Zidane has already said what is wrong with the team and what they need to work on.

I just think we need to replace Kroos I don't think he's as good as some think he is. Veratti is better.

On a second note, I'm starting to agree with Zidane alot more. I think the team is hard to improve and putting 100m on Pogba who is unproven is a risk.

I can see Juve keeping Pogba this year.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:55 pm

2 reasons why this is dragging on right now could be
1. Cos its a weekend. Transfers especially big transfers wont get announced on weekends.
2. Cos its a transfer deal like never before. 20 mil in agent fee alone. Ever seen something like that before ? Could be mightily complicated, the paperwork and everything.

Unless and until Mehdrid decide to avenge us for the ddg saga of last season, I can see an announcement Monday or Tuesday or max by Friday. Jose wont hang around even if Raiola is intending on dragging this further. He will make us get Matuidi if so. With Jose at the helm I think I am much more confident. If it was Moyes instead, lol... then ya. One way or the other this shit will/should be resolved soon.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:21 pm

sportsczy wrote:No we have plenty of 10s.  That's not the issue.  Marcelo and Ronaldo don't defend so we need someone that can do the work defensively on the left while contributing to the attack.  Di Maria did that for us the one year we were truly balanced.  If you didn't have Marcelo/Ronaldo to completely mess up that side defensively, i'd agree with you.

That's why I'm adamant about Pogba.  He's about the only guy other than Di Maria (in a different way) that can bring speed, good enough defense, work rate and attacking flair on that left side to compensate.

Right now, Casemiro is basically a 3rd CB because Ramos is basically a LB (poor one) with Marcelo/Ronaldo/Kroos out there.  We're messed up because of the left side tbh.  You need a freak athlete out there so the entire team isn't forced to compensate Laughing
I can see that, especially when you consider that Marcelo will push high and wide, and Ronaldo will (always) move into central areas in possession. With that in mind, getting someone who can contribute in both halves of the pitch makes perfect sense. In that respect, I understand adding Pogba.

The only place I would disagree (to an extent) is that you have enough #10s to cover the role. Rodriguez and Isco are, of course, high-quality #10s. However, they've always seemed more comfortable as a traditional #10 (or at least in an attacking-mid role), sitting behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1. I'm not convinced they'd be good in the 3-man midfield that you're describing. That said, Zidane, may never use them as such, choosing instead to make a tactical change in order to accommodate them.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:No we have plenty of 10s.  That's not the issue.  Marcelo and Ronaldo don't defend so we need someone that can do the work defensively on the left while contributing to the attack.  Di Maria did that for us the one year we were truly balanced.  If you didn't have Marcelo/Ronaldo to completely mess up that side defensively, i'd agree with you.

Right now, Casemiro is basically a 3rd CB because Ramos is basically a LB (poor one) with Marcelo/Ronaldo/Kroos out there. We're messed up because of the left side tbh. You need a freak athlete out there so the entire team isn't forced to compensate Laughing

Since when is Pogba a runner that can cover 2-3 positions a la Di Maria or Rakitic? He's an attacking b2b midfielder. If he has a solid defensive system behind him and freedom to attack he is amazing. If not you will be wasting him and he won't be performing very well.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:35 pm

Can someone enlighten me why sports is now going on one of his typically rambling and fantasto-constructivist posting sprees about what role Pogba will play in Real's lineup?
It is becoming increasingly bizarre. The kid has signed for United scratch
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:36 pm

Come on... Evra is not exactly great defensively (and neither was Asamaoh before him). You had Pogba track back into his lap almost every time and Chielinni peak in from the center.

Di Maria wasn't great defensively btw. But he did run back and get in the way... which is exactly what Pogba does with the exception that Pogba does muscle people off the ball.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:38 pm

Newsflash Hans... this is a message board.  We speculate, discuss the speculation and project what would happen if such speculation came to pass.  That's the point of a place like this.  It isn't Reuters.

I understand Bayern isn't involved in any big transfers right now so there's nothing to speculate about for your club. But both Madrid and Man U are being talked about in regards to big transfers so we do have something to talk about lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:40 pm

True. And don't let me stop you. In fact I love your posts. I just wonder why.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:47 pm

Prediction!!!!!

What's really going on here is Raiola is playing the Madrid card to force Man U to pay his fee and no doubt Pogba is getting a portion of that plus his salary (tax free) and the 50% on image sales!!!!

Meanwhile Juve is holding firm refusing to pay Raiola and holding out for maximum transfer fee (and meanwhile have filled all their holes except for the possibly departing Pogba).

Madrid isn't biting despite Sports' campaign. The issue for Flo isn't the transfer price (although it is definitely much higher than has ever been paid for a midfielder), it's his salary demands which will upset the whole salary ladder within club. It is reported that we are talking 250M over 5 years. Plus that image deal he got with Man U will never happen at Madrid.

So my bold prediction is the deal to Man U gets held up to August 31st and then the fax machine will break down, doing to Woodward what he did to Perez.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:05 pm

I'd like to point out before going any further that I respect United as a club and institution in world football, and that I certainly don't want to offend anyone by what I'm about to say, especially the United fans on GL.

However, I think, and I could be wrong (in which case I apologize in advance), that the only reason Real Madrid is being rumored to be interested in Pogba, particularly by the English media, is to gloat later about them failing to sign him and "losing to Manchester United", thus allowing the latter to "get back" at Madrid for the times they came after their best players.

I still think (which again, could be wrong) that Real Madrid is yet to sit down with Juventus at the negotiation table, that Perez is not interested in Pogba, never was, and probably never will, and that United is the only club in the Pogba race.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:14 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I'd like to point out before going any further that I respect United as a club and institution in world football, and that I certainly don't want to offend anyone by what I'm about to say, especially the United fans on GL.

However, I think, and I could be wrong (in which case I apologize in advance), that the only reason Real Madrid is being rumored to be interested in Pogba, particularly by the English media, is to gloat later about them failing to sign him and "losing to Manchester United", thus allowing the latter to "get back" at Madrid for the times they came after their best players.

I still think (which again, could be wrong) that Real Madrid is yet to sit down with Juventus at the negotiation table, that Perez is not interested in Pogba, never was, and probably never will, and that United is the only club in the Pogba race.

I agree with you. Thumbs up
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:56 pm

Just to clarify I did not say that Pogba is unproven. I do think though that he has not yet done enough to justify this kind of mind numbing hype.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:58 pm

DoC... our transfer director (Sanchez) already had two face-to-face meeting with Raiola (reported by media with pictures of the two together no less).

Pretty clear we wanted him. But, as Bill said, we're not going to pay anyone 13 mil net + 50% of their image rights. We don't even do that for Ronaldo or Bale. Given that Pogba's image rights are currently valued at 15 mil per annum... He's going to make 13 mil net and another 7 mil gross. On top of that, reports have surfaced that the reason Raiola's fee is so high is that Pogba also gets a percentage of that (they say 50%). AND he also gets performance related bonuses too like winning EPL and CL, being named best player in EPL, top 3 BdO, etc.

It's such a crazy personal deal for him. Sets Pogba up for life and then some in one shot.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:00 pm

messixaviesta wrote:Just to clarify I did not say that Pogba is unproven. I do think though that he has not yet done enough to justify this kind of mind numbing hype.

And Bale, Neymar and Martial did?  Neymar hadn't even played in Europe.  Martial hadn't even played period basically Laughing.

When you compare achievements and experience in a top club, Pogba is miles ahead of what those guys were when they got bought. Remember that he went to a club with a midfield trio of Vidal/Pirlo/Marchisio and basically benched Marchisio after one year. Pirlo got injured/left and same with Vidal... so Marchisio wasn't forced to move (thankfully for Juve). But that's not just beating out a good player. Marchisio is WC to me.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:11 pm

Don't ever compare an insane talent like Neymar to Pogba Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:32 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Don't ever compare an insane talent like Neymar to Pogba Laughing

Word.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:41 pm

Its basically done. This done. United playing right now and MUTV commentators and presenters are openly talking about it. They wouldnt be doing that if not. Even mentioned his name.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:03 pm

sportsczy wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:Just to clarify I did not say that Pogba is unproven. I do think though that he has not yet done enough to justify this kind of mind numbing hype.

And Bale, Neymar and Martial did?  Neymar hadn't even played in Europe.  Martial hadn't even played period basically Laughing.

When you compare achievements and experience in a top club, Pogba is miles ahead of what those guys were when they got bought.  Remember that he went to a club with a midfield trio of Vidal/Pirlo/Marchisio and basically benched Marchisio after one year.  Pirlo got injured/left and same with Vidal...  so Marchisio wasn't forced to move (thankfully for Juve).  But that's not just beating out a good player.  Marchisio is WC to me.

Martial - I don't think the word hype can be used for him. The world was mostly shocked when his transfer happened.

Bale - He had become almost a one man team at Spurs and they were getting some good results. Still think the hype was less than this.

Neymar - Was a prodigy from a very young age. As far back as 2010 when he was not included in the world cup squad there was an uproar. Shone in the Copa Libertadores after that and then was the best player at Confed 2013.

I think forwards by default get much more hype. So a better comparison would be midfielders. Why did Fabregas, Silva and Ozil never get this kind of hype? Is it height, strength and power that is making so much of a difference? Which games can you think of in which Pogba gave man of the match performances against top quality opposition?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:21 pm

Max Allegri says he will discuss this matter with the club hierarchy on Tuesday. Does that mean no deal will be done before that?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/694939/Paul-Pogba-Juventus-Manchester-United-MUFC-Transfer-News-Rumours-Gossip

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:24 pm

http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/paul-pogba-is-either-signing-for-manchester-united-or-this-is-a-very-cruel-joke/76469

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:00 pm

Every single Galactico we've signed under Florentino's presidency saw the latter personally oversee the negotiations from start to finish while publicly stating his desire to sign them.

With Pogba, Flo couldn't possibly be more aloof. José Ángel Sánchez might've met with Raiola, but so did Barça and a myriad of other clubs. It just shows that we might've been interested but the interest faded away and couldn't materialize into official negotiations. And when I say "official negotiations" I mean the representatives of both clubs, in the presence of Flo, sitting down for countless times to try and strike a deal. Like we did with Bale.

So far, we still haven't started official negotiations with them. United has, and are very close to signing him, if they haven't already. If we were seriously interested in him, we would've already done something to prevent the United deal from happening. Florentino would never let a player he likes slips away through his fingers without a fight. In Pogba's case, he didn't even bother to lift one finger.

As for Martial, Neymar and Bale, here's my take on it:

1. Martial: there was zero hype about him, everybody, including United fans were shocked they paid that much for him.

2. Neymar: you would be mistaken to compare Pogba to the Brazilian. Neymar even at a tender age was a sensation, extremely talented and a marketing gold mine. Florentino didn't waste a second to try and get him, outbidding Barça in the process and publicly expressing his desire to get him.

3. Bale: A Two-time PFA player of the year (beating Suarez to the trophy), while single-handedly carrying Tottenham to CL football through amazing, consistent memorable performances, and murdering treble-winner Inter all by himself. And even then, I thought he was overhyped and didn't deserve that price tag.

Pogba didn't even do half what Neymar and Bale did before they signed for Madrid and Barça, nor is he even worth half the hype those two had at the time. He's definitely talented, but I'm still yet to see one ground-breaking performance from him, one that would convince me that he's even worth 60m.

He basically flopped at the two biggest games of his career: CL final with Juventus against Barça, and Euro final with France against Portugal.

Once again, I'm not denying his talent, I'm just saying that he's nowhere near the hype he's getting, and as things stand, he's absolutely in no position to demand 13m a year. He's a midfielder not a forward, and he's the furthest from being a game changer.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:35 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

When you compare achievements and experience in a top club, Pogba is miles ahead of what those guys were when they got bought.  Remember that he went to a club with a midfield trio of Vidal/Pirlo/Marchisio and basically benched Marchisio after one year.  Pirlo got injured/left and same with Vidal...  so Marchisio wasn't forced to move (thankfully for Juve).  But that's not just beating out a good player.  Marchisio is WC to me.

Martial - I don't think the word hype can be used for him. The world was mostly shocked when his transfer happened.

Bale - He had become almost a one man team at Spurs and they were getting some good results. Still think the hype was less than this.

Neymar - Was a prodigy from a very young age. As far back as 2010 when he was not included in the world cup squad there was an uproar. Shone in the Copa Libertadores after that and then was the best player at Confed 2013.

I think forwards by default get much more hype. So a better comparison would be midfielders. Why did Fabregas, Silva and Ozil never get this kind of hype? Is it height, strength and power that is making so much of a difference? Which games can you think of in which Pogba gave man of the match performances against top quality opposition?

Ozil is a much better player. Not only more proven on the biggest stage but also a much more talented footballer overall. Can't think of a current player that can spot a runner faster and easier than him. The likes of Messi, James come close though.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:40 pm

messixaviesta wrote:

I have seen countless people asking this exact same question. Which big games can anyone say Pogba was clear motm and played like a 120 million player? No body knows.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:03 pm

Adit wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:

I have seen countless people asking this exact same question. Which big games can anyone say Pogba was clear motm and played like a 120 million player? No body knows.

It's classic case of "The Cheerleader effect" as explained by the legendary Barney Stinson where if you look at the gruop of chics u think they all are hot but as you zoom on each one by one u realize u were wrong.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:07 pm

Build Up: Pogba to United - Page 33 I3R4XGR

rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend