Hapless_Hans
Lucifer
M99
rwo power
S
29 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Official Borussia Dortmund thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: Official Borussia Dortmund thread

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:26 am

Injuries, though.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Official Borussia Dortmund thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: Official Borussia Dortmund thread

Post by footyfan01 Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:40 pm

You don't need a WC player in every position, if that was the case Arsenal would have 2-3 Top players only.

They have fine RB's - Pizza was always a fantastic RB (& one of the best), he's getting older but the new guy Passalack something is also very good.

Burki, I never liked him much but this year he has had very fine games with good saves, he was injured which got Dortmund into a problem.

They also got the big Swede as a back CF & they have got Schurrle playing decent there.

They are 1 CM & CB away from a CHL contender but they are probably better than all EPL teams - Chelsea is a mediocre team over-shooting & over-performing as they don't have CHL & people are new to Conte!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:11 pm

4th place atm, 2 points from 7th with the 3 teams behind them yet to play

never want to hear this myth that they're some CL elite side just behind the favorites

bang average team that wouldn't finish top 6 in the PL
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:03 pm

1 CB and CM away from being CL contenders though.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Cmon man they lost Hummels, Gundogan, and Mkhi. And Reus is forever injury prone.

They stood no chance this season.

Their young players will get better and they will be better off long term.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Dembele is already one of the best players in the league

they still have far more quality than majority of the teams in the league, they should be doing better

could easily see them miss out on CL this season, will be huge in who they can attract to replace auba
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Their young players will get better and they will be better off long term.

... at least until we sell the next bunch and get another bunch of youngsters lined up (:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:39 pm

oh yeah is Gotze still dogshite? kinda depressing situation, hoped he would find his OG Dortmund form moving back there but haven't heard anything about him since? another fallen prospect?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:40 pm

^^ I think Dortmund's main problem is too many depressed Arsenal supporters choosing them as second club and dragging them down with their defeatist losers attitude.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:51 am

Agreed with Hands - Arsenal & Inter Milan fans talking about Dortmund & giving the loser mentality in here.

They tried a new CB who was average as was Ginter. RG continues to be amazing, scored a goal from CB. Emre Mor was the best player in the pitch.

They will dump the 3 man backline soon (I hope).

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:08 am

footyfan01 wrote:RG continues to be amazing, scored a goal from CB.

RG scoring goals :bow: but can't open the chat ffs
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:22 am

People are only talking about the defense (which I agree with) but 1 goal against Darmstadt is not good at all, especially the way people talk about Dortmund's attack you would think they'd be able to score more in such games.

This is the 4th game in a row where Dortmund scored just 1 goal.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:44 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:^^ I think Dortmund's main problem is too many depressed Arsenal supporters choosing them as second club and dragging them down with their defeatist losers attitude.
Ironical, considering I am much happier watching BVB perform with their constraints, even if they are not exactly walking the league, while I can barely bring myself to watch Crapsenal anymore.

At this point, BVB is my first team and Arsenal probably second - not sure how much longer before I completely give up football though.

I also didn't fail to notice your concerted efforts to big up Arsenal in the last few weeks, especially after the CL draws came out. Looks like you are setting the stage for helping yourself to a sense of satisfaction and elation when Buyern wipe the pitch with Arsenal over the next weeks.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:27 pm

zigra wrote:
footyfan01 wrote:RG continues to be amazing, scored a goal from CB.

RG scoring goals :bow: but can't open the chat ffs

That should be CM !

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 13, 2017 3:02 pm

4th in a league where there's only one team that's elite

behind the likes of Red Bull and Hoffenheim

safe to say they peaked years ago and the future doesn't look bright? they're a selling club to boot

German Monaco..except they had their season or two in the limelight a few years ago
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 13, 2017 3:04 pm

as I was typing that post Auba scored which takes them above Hoffenheim on GD rofl

point still stands
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat May 13, 2017 3:08 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Let's see:

Hummels replaced by Bartra - a definite downgrade
Gündogan replaced by Rode - a definite downgrade
Mkhitaryan replaced by Dembele - a downgrade but an acceptable one
Kagawa replaced by Götze - a definite upgrade
Durm replaced by Guerrero - a definite upgrade

If we look overall, they've strengthened their attack (if Götze/Dembele are a success), but weakened their midfield and defence by replacing Hummels/Gündogan with Bartra/Rode. Bürki is also still Dortmund's first choice GK which is not acceptable.

Their attack will ensure a place in the Bundesliga top 4 but the expectations are low for everything else.

Wow, great post, keep it, proud of you.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 13, 2017 3:11 pm

I think some blame has to go to Tuchel has well, he is a hipster coach. He has shown no pragmatism at all during the season, and never adapted how his team played. Defense was bd from start to finish and that's not enough
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 13, 2017 3:13 pm

I was gonna ask how much is down to this Tuchel lad since I don't watch them in Bundesliga

any frontrunners to take over next season?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 13, 2017 3:14 pm

Prolly some jabroni who manages a bottom table BL side
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat May 13, 2017 3:17 pm

They have bad players defensively, don't listen to that clown footyfan.

Piszczek is done as a top player (was done long before Tuchel came), Bartra is shit, Sokratis can be good but he is a Mustafi most of the time, Schmelzer is crap, Ginter is crap, Burki the goalkeeper is crap. There just isn't talent in that defense. Couple that with the Reus' and Dembeles not being encouranged to defend and you get a crap defence.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Firenze wrote:I was gonna ask how much is down to this Tuchel lad since I don't watch them in Bundesliga

any frontrunners to take over next season?
front runner is Lucien favre, and he is a better manager from the look of it
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Honestly though, 3rd place, cup final, CL quarter finalists , I mean what more could you have expected from them ?

It's been an alright season for them. Not too good but not too bad either considering they lose their best players every year.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat May 13, 2017 3:37 pm

S wrote:Honestly though, 3rd place, cup final, CL quarter finalists , I mean what more could you have expected from them ?

It's been an alright season for them. Not too good but not too bad either considering they lose their best players every year.

Pretty much this. New manager, lost a bunch of core players and still had a very decent season. Imo if they win the cup and finish 3rd it's a good season.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat May 13, 2017 3:43 pm

Agreed with @S and @zigra
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat May 13, 2017 3:45 pm

Agreed with @S, @zigra and @Winter Is Coming.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next