Hapless_Hans
Lucifer
M99
rwo power
S
29 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Official Borussia Dortmund thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Borussia Dortmund thread

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:02 am

Dortmund already had a crap defence even with Hummels at the heart of the defence, I doubt it's going to improve with Fartra.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Official Borussia Dortmund thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Borussia Dortmund thread

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:39 am

So instead of trying to improve the defence by signing a top class CB, GK or CM, it looks like Dortmund will announce Schürrle as a €30m new signing tomorrow.

What an incredible waste of money.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:52 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
jibers wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Let's not go mad, their defense is awful for a side whose squad is apparently perfect lol.

I don't think they are a better team tbh and finishing 2nd would be a good season.

Bayern have Ancelotti though who is a known bottler in leagues. How will they improve their defence exactly? It's a collective thing and they have a season under their belt now. Bartra should be able to adapt quite quickly.

You are acting like Fartra is anything but turd lol, besides they haven't had a collectively good defense for about 4 years. They obviously need better players back there and they don't have them, not in the slightest.

WHen you say crap defence what do you mean? The way they play their defence will be exposed if they lose possession during the build up. Individual errors can be ironed out if the back four remains the same. I never thought Brtra was bad. I thought he needed opportunities and as a CB it's hard to showcase anything if you have little game time. Look at Mike Smalling for example. ALthough I must say Sokratis is too rash.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:02 am

Mkhitaryan was unbelievable last season. Fat Gotze won't even replicate a quarter of his production.

Hummels is gonna be a huge loss and not just on the defensive side. He's the best ball playing Cb in the entire world and was so important to their gameplay, it was like having another midfielder on the pitch. Fartra isn't going to bring 10% of his qualities.

If Reus is fit then like I said they are still way too good to finish anywhere below 2nd in the league. And unfortunately Bayern is too deep even with Mr. League Bottler Carlo.

Dembele is raw as hell. Long term will probably be world class so honestly I feel he's their best signing but don't know how much he can help right away.

Guerrero is an attacking fullback who is quite meh defensively imo. Having Moreno at Liverpool I can attest to how shitty that is when your fullback is so one dimensional.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:06 am

Looks like it has potential to go either way, but right now with some of those players I'd lean towards them being inferior to the last few seasons, if Dortmund win the league it'll be because Bayern had a complete collapse, business as usual in the Bundi IMO. Also don't expect them to make any noise in the CL. Auba 100% leaving next summer.

Hope Gotze can still become a WC player though

Bartra rofl wouldn't start for Sunderland
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:21 am

Don't call me James wrote:lol they're not going to do anything just like last season. They are not going to win the league because Buyern is too good, They are not going finish lower than 2nd because the rest of the Bundesliga is garbage.

Same story in Europe.

Just don't post if you don't have anything interesting to say IMO
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:28 am

Unless that fat asshole Gotze actually turns up for the first time in a long time at club level is he even a big upgrade on United legend Kagawa?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:42 am

I don't expect Mkhi's goal and assist numbers to come from Götze, but a combination of Götze, Schürrle, Dembele and Mor might produce some decent numbers nonetheless
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:45 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:lol they're not going to do anything just like last season. They are not going to win the league because Buyern is too good, They are not going finish lower than 2nd because the rest of the Bundesliga is garbage.

Same story in Europe.

Just don't post if you don't have anything interesting to say IMO

Take the stick out of your ass.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Don't Call Me James complete 180 on Gotze after salivating over him how Klopp was going to bring him to Anfield rofl
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:34 pm

Same story in Europe.

What? Laughing
Bayern too good and rest is garbage?
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:29 pm

Don't call me James wrote:

Guerrero is an attacking fullback who is quite meh defensively imo. Having Moreno at Liverpool I can attest to how shitty that is when your fullback is so one dimensional.

There was nothing meh about his defensive performance in the Euros.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:31 pm

farfan wrote:

+1
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:35 pm

I still think they're gonna buy another CB. I dont think they're done in that department yet. They might possibly be fishing for some good market opportunities so they could just be playing the waiting game.

But the squad looks solid for now. Neat reinforcements that will allow Dortmund to be competitive across all comps.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:59 pm

farfan wrote:

Guerreiro was one of the best players at the Euros. Really impressive and surely a great buy for BVB. Struck a great freekick too IIRC. Hames talking out of his arse as per usual.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:16 am

Ginter is awesome. And they already sucked in defense, not sure how much of that was down to the players TBH.

They should look to sign at least one world class CB, but other than that?

Gündogan is great but has been injured for 3 seasons, Micky Targaryen only got good last season, no reason to think Götze won't be as good, or better, and Shirley will bring a ton of pace to that side, when played. It's not like their right wing was overly great last season anyway.

They'll do fine. Not gonna win a triple, but solid shot to go to the final in the pokal, make 2nd in the Bundesliga, and get to the UCL Semis, which all means that the transfers pay for themselves.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:49 am

Half watching the International Champions Cup and Dortmund seem to be enjoying their football. I know you cant take a lot away from these friendlies, but I think they do have a good chance at winning the league. Bender is an underrated player as is Sokratis, they have some good young players coming in, they seem to be playing well. Granted it is against a terrible man U side that looks like they dont know how to pass or run into space.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:09 am

It's just preseason, but they didn't look too shabby today.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:23 am

Weigl + X is a solid base for midfield, whether he's paired with Castro, or Bender - or someone else, even Ginter is an option. That's solid. Not world class, but solid. They'll be fine.

Missing Hummels will hurt of course, mainly because it means the opposition can allow the CBs time on the ball, meaning more pressure on the midfielders.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:33 am

Downgrade over Hummels for sure, but with time Bartra will slot in nicely in that squad. I don't think he's as total shit as some of ya'll seem to think he is.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:02 am

Not total shit, but Hummels on form is on another level, not merely defensively (he did make quite a few mistakes after all), but as a presence for the whole team play.

We'll see how Bartra can develop ones he plays regularly, and prime age for CBs is rather late.

But until further notice, it's a severe downgrade.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:40 am

With Shirley in, and being official, and stuff, they actually look a pretty good attacking side. Like, really, really good.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:42 am

Will win the league this season.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:40 am

so who will sign Weigl in the winter window.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:43 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Will win the league this season.

Calling out the GL jinx attempt.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:47 am

Sri wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Will win the league this season.

Calling out the GL jinx attempt.

Honestly it's not a jinx attempt. I've said it repeatedly for months that I can't see us winning the league this season.

After BVB sold their three top players, I was a bit hesitating again but I think they'll still be similarly consistent to last season.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next