Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Sina
Jay29
43 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:46 pm

Well Bremen indeed are hoping and trying to properly sign Gnabry without the involvement of Bayern.
Let's hope they succeed.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:36 pm

Rosický back at Sparta Prague. Co-owner Daniel Křetínský hoping he'll stay on as a coach when playing career ends
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:12 pm

Arsenal in talks with Werder Bremen over sale of winger Serge Gnabry. Not done yet but would be permanent deal - Ornstein
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:46 pm

Leaves us with Ox, Theo, Alexis, Iwobi (injured), Welbeck (injured) and Perez as options on the wings.

4 fit players for two slots. When you consider that 3 of them are also viewed as contenders for another role, ST, it seems strange that we've let Gnabry and Campbell both go. Granted, Iwobi should be back "soon" but, that just means he'll be fit in time for someone else to pick up an injury.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:52 pm

Ramsey as RW got this

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:06 pm

Chambers to Boro on loan confirmed.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:43 pm

I don't think loaning Jack is a good idea, what happens if we loose Santi ? as we have seen so far a midfielder of Xhaka-Coquelin is far from ideal. A midfield of Coquelin and El nenny has had mixed success so far while Ramsey attributes are best suited further forward. I would have kept Jack, we play enough games during the season for him to have a good run in the team.

As for Gnabry, I am sad to see the guy go. I hope we put a cheeky buy back clause in the contract. The guy was doing well then the injuries killed him and he had to restart everything. He is one of the few wingers in the team who knows how to play football unlike Ox. Now unto Willock :coffee:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:54 pm

Wilshere's loan is the beginnig of the end for him I reckon. He'll go somewhere he can play every week to maximise his value before the club listens to offers next summer.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:16 pm

Don't know about that, Santi is getting on and Arsene will probably start phasing him out of the team slowly. The guy always talks about going back to Spain one day. I won't be surprised if he leaves next season and then Jack takes his spot.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:20 pm

I still have faith in Wilshere. But he needs this loan move. We'll see how he does.

West Ham favourites in the last few hours to sign him. Milan linked as well but that might just be silly rumours.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:12 pm

Wilshere considering offers from Watford (Laughing), Palace (rofl), Bournemouth (hmm), Sporting and Benfica, according to Sky Sources.

Italian media say Milan and Roma are interested.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:29 pm

Bournemouth definitely. Palace perhaps. Watford no.

Roma and Milan still the best destination. Serie A>>>>>

Sporting have a great team too and Jorge Jesus is an amazing coach. Benfica not sure
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:38 pm

either Palace or Bournemouth would do
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:45 pm

Pardew is absolutely the worst manager for him. Would be exactly like sending Gnabry to Pulis.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:54 pm

Celtic also want Wilshere lmao. Rodgers Molenation
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:56 pm

Although it looks like Watford and Palace might win the race due to both being in London

edit: He got 22 loan offers lmao

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenals-jack-wilshere-poised-transfer-8737061
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:14 pm

Hopefully he goes to Sporting.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:17 pm

unfortunately palace is 95% taking him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:12 am

What a strange end to this window lol
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:34 am

I never saw this coming. I thought Jack would finally get games with our reduced number of options at CM, I thought Gnabry would be needed with Campbell being loaned (which I was also against). I've been furious for the past two days. However, I can see the sense in it now. The thing is, the days of being able to loan our actual youth (U20) to top-level teams that will actually play them seems to be over. EPL level teams won't take a guy like Rene-Adelaide or Akpom on loan and play them, giving them the experience they need to play for us.

They will play a Campbell, a Chambers, a Wilshere, a Gnabry who's got hype now in Germany, and those guys need games too. We either keep them, barely play them, watch them not develop by not playing behind better players and loan our U20 players out to teams that won't play them either or won't give them top-level experience, OR we loan the guys barely on the fringes of the first team, let them up their game before returning as the finished package, and despite being a big club rely on our youth when injuries happen rather than the aforementioned trio.

This approach is the only way that all of our players who aren't starters will develop efficiently, even if it likely weakens us this season. And the thing is, Iwobi, Bellerin, Gibbs, Coquelin, Gnabry & Wilshere themselves as well as countless others over the years have come into the team expected to be below par but then flourished given the opportunity. To write off Willock, Rene-Adelaide, Zelalem, Bielik, and Akpom entirely as 3rd-4th choice backups in positions that are surrounded by some of our highest quality starters to help out would be to ignore the primary source of our success over the years.

I'm going to just go with a leap of faith and say Arsene Knows on this one....I really hope he does.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:34 am

That's a good perspective Eman.

I am ok with these loan moves tbh. We were indeed stacked and despite injuries, we would have had one or the other always left out. Not particularly happy about selling Gnabry, especially after loaning out Campbell too. I guess Iwobi edged both of them out of Wenger's plans, which is not the worst thing that can happen.

I am not too happy about Jack going to Palace, but guy's got a family and I can understand that he wants to stay in London. That said, getting away from London is what he needs to restart his career.

I am not convinced that this is the beginning of the end for him. If he stays fit and performs well this entire season, then given his quality, he will definitely feature in Wenger's long term squad planning. Santi's forthcoming departure is another good point in this regard.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:46 am

If we're loaning out Wilshere why not send Oxlade-Chamberlain on loan aswell and sign a winger? These loans only make sense if we have replacements for them in the squad. Chambers is replaced by Holding. Wilshere needs no replacement because he barely plays and we have signed Elneny in January. But Gnabry, Campbell? Who's replacing them?

At this point, a winger signing is a MUST because the right wing is open for everyone with Walcotts/Chamberlains inconsistency and we are giving away two players for nothing who could claim that position.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:20 am

I am sorry to say this Urbs, but Lucas Perez is that guy Sad

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:21 am

... and Ramsey

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:47 am

Sky Sources: Wilshere to decide between Crystal Palace and Bournemouth.

I just don't think we'd be loaning out a 24 year old if he was part of our future plans. It's the same with Campbell. We know full well he's not going out for the experience.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:52 am

Not for experience, but for regular playing time and getting fit, and getting the fack away from our medical team.

We don't know what churn we can expect in the midfield next summer and it only makes sense to have that option open.

If they weren't a part of long term plans, might as well sell them right away. We don't seem to have any qualms about doing so with Gnabry.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next