@Cas
more like F-

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Rate your Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Rate your Transfer Window

Post by flameas Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:44 am

Roma 5/10

Unlucky with some injuries but still bringing in garbage like Fazio and Juan Jesus is not accectable.
Letting Pjanic go to Juve is also stupid, although there was not much we could do about it, hes just a dick.
Alisson, Gerson, Vermalaen might work but need time. Time was thing we did not have since we needed to get a result out of the CL qualification against Porto. Since we did not sign any decent defenders we were exposed quite badly. Red cards ruined the game, but I feel Porto would have won anyway. Our leftbacks are a joke.

el shawy, salah and other were signed on permanent basis after last seasons loans. those were all good deals, though would have skipped dzeko and given sadiq or sanabria a chance.

Bruno Peres was the star signing. cant be worse than maicon so i am happy with that.

romas season depends on getting rudiger and mario rui back as soon as possible. simple as that.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:52 am

sportsczy wrote:Most of Juve's transfers have been good.

Except you sold Pogba and paid the same amount for Higuain.  That soured it for me.  If you had gotten Higuain for 20-30 mil less, then I would be more inclined to think well of the big transactions.  And please don't tell me you're ok with this because, if Napoli had approached Juve with a straight swap Higuain for Pogba, you would have laughed in their face.

The other issue is that Marchisio is coming back from an ACL injury mid season.  ACL injuries are not something you come back from and play well immediately.  Just look at Jese and Fekir struggle with it... and they're very young.  It takes a year AFTER you come back to get the knee feeling ok, if ever.  Juve replaced Pogba... with Pjanic?  Obvious downgrade but Pjanic is fine.  But there was no move made to cover for Marchisio.  That's a killer.

If a replacement for Marchisio, or at the very least cover, was brought in, then I would give your window a good grade.

You have some points here.

But if this market doesn't get a good grade then what does? Higuain, Pjaca, Pjanic, Benatia, Cuadrado and Dani Alves is an outstanding amount of quality. Whats a good market then?? Those are all excellent or potentially excellent players. And they are all better than the players they replaced except Pjanic for Pogba.

Higuain > Morata
Cuadrado > Zaza
Pjaca > Hernanes (out of the CL squad)
Benatia > Padoin
Alves > Caceres
Pjanic < Pogba

Its an excellent balance. Pjanic is not better than Pogba, but who else would you have gotten? He will be a top player for Juve, no doubt about it.

Higuain for 90mill is obviously over paying, we agree on that. But so were we over payed for Zaza and Pereyra! and we got Pjanic for cheap, Benatia on loan and Alves for free.

If you had asked me if I would swap Higuain for Pogba I would say no. But if you had asked me if would swap the players that left for the players that arrived the its a resounding yes. No doubt about it.

Top work, we improve 5 positions while taking a small hit on 1 position that we literally couldn't improve on. Can't ask more from Marotta, Nedved and co.

As for Marchisio, he is scheduled to coma back mid october. He will be fit by January. He doesn't rely on speed and he is extremely professional, the club seems optimistic about it. In the meantime we actually have Asamoah back after so long and playing great. If by January we still need a midfielder then he will be brought. We have 6 fit CMs right now, more than enough to hold up the fort.

B+ to the club. They handled this extremely well.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:04 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:A.

We got rid of all the deadwood somehow, completely reworked the squad to the point that it's now balanced and deep.

Not to mention we made over 30m in profit, the only real negative was that we didn't really replace Sissoko but I don't think that will end up being much of an issue and should we get promoted we can replace him then.

Nobody of the required standard will want to join a championship club anyway, I'm a bit worried that the back up CBs we bought won't actually succeed in the PL but we'll cross that bridge when/if we come to it.

We managed to get 55m for Sissoko and Wijnaldum lmao rofl

Can't remember this level of optimism from Moal in forever.

I think the last such bout was when Pardieux signed a 8 year deal Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:07 am

We got from:

Cech
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Coquelin Cazorla
Ramsey Özil Alexis
Giroud

to

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Xhaka Cazorla
Ramsey Özil Alexis
Giroud

That's a 7/10 for me. Needed a top striker, top holding midfielder and CB. Got 2/3 from three. Lucas Perez, not exactly what we wanted but at least he is a different option to Giroud. A top right winger would've made this a 8/10. A top striker instead of Lucas Perez would've made this a 9/10 and Messi/Ronaldo/Suarez would've made this a 10/10.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:10 am

You have higher expectations than me, yet you also rated higher than I did hmm

I think I deducted points for our outgoings - esp wrt Campbell and Gnabry.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:22 am

sportsczy wrote:For OM... meh. Lost Mandanda, Batshuayi, Mendy, Nkoudou, Romao and Barrada. Kept Lass which is good. Added Gomis, Hubocan, Njie, Fanni, Bedimo, Sakai, Iseka and Vainqueur. Going nowhere tbh.

For Madrid... did nothing.

For PSG... lost Ibra, Luiz, Stambouli, Van Der Wiel and Douchez. Added Ben Arfa, Krychowiak, Jese, Meunier, Areola and Lo Celso. Pretty darn good if you ask me.
dude you support 3 teams and 2 of them play in the same lge scratch
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:57 am

I only support PSG because Ligue 1 would be behind Portuguese and Russian leagues in UEFA coefficient otherwise...  beggars can't be choosers.  Ligue 1 is a beggar league right now.  Once that changes or there's no consequence to being behind Portuguese and Russian leagues...  I will dislike them once more.

For now, I'm pragmatic Laughing

I want Lyon to do well for the same reason although I can't stand them either. The league needs OM, Lyon, PSG and Monaco to be top notch.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:50 pm

Wouldn't wishing them well when the matches come be enough? It would imo
You don't need to support them day in day out imo.

----------------------------

Liverpool: 6/10

Cleared a lot of deadwood for absolutely unreal prices.
Mane and Matip are the bomb.
Wijnaldum idk what to expect from him at CM.
Grujic won't start much.
Manninger Laughing
Klavan is meh
Yet to see how Karius would Karius.

We should have got a LB, But Klopp chooses to play Lucas at CB and Milner at LB if need be. He's always been like that i did'nt expect him to almost mirror the Dortmund transformation. Its probably an 8/10 window for Klopp personally though.

We still have a lot frauds in the team waiting to be uncovered, I'd expect atleast 2 signings in January because our attack can't bail us out every time, They are a bunch of underachievers as well even though they are a bomb just on the brink of explosion.

Our net spend is also in the negative lmfaooooo

All in all this season should be a comfortable 5th imo rather than a fight for 7th.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:54 pm

Also Arsenal fans throwing 6's about xD, This window is a comfortable 8-9 for you guys.

You have signed all the positions you needed starters in, Missing out on one signing which is fair and expected with Wenger still in charge tbh
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:56 pm

Nishankly wrote:

Yet to see how Karius would Karius.

See what you did there

Rate your Transfer Window - Page 2 Doffing-of-the-cap

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:57 pm

Nishankly wrote:Also Arsenal fans throwing 6's about xD, This window is a comfortable 8-9 for you guys.

You have signed all the positions you needed starters in, Missing out on one signing which is fair and expected with Wenger still in charge tbh

Sri wrote:

I think I deducted points for our outgoings - esp wrt Campbell and Gnabry.

smoking

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:05 pm

Didn't Gnabry fail at West Brom?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:06 pm

Because Pulis is a c*nt who plays hoofball

He's ok to rack up some CS points on FPL doe hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:11 pm

Agreed.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:17 pm

Casciavit wrote:F.
Sad

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:21 pm

In

Alisson
Juan "Rruan" Jesus (loan)
Federico Fazio (loan)
Thomas Vermaelen (loan)
Bruno Peres (loan)
Mario Rui (loan)
Leandro Paredes (return from loan)
Kevin Strootman (return from injury)
Gerson
Juan Iturbe

Out

Lukasz Skorupski (loan)
Leandro Castan (loan)
Ervan Zukanovic (loan)
Norbert Gyomber (loan)
Federico Ricci (loan)
Daniele Verde (loan)
Ezequiel Ponce (loan)
Seydou Doumbia (loan)
Maicon
Vasilis Torosidis
Miralem Pjanic
William Vainqueur
Adem Ljajic
Iago Falque
Umar Sadiq
------------------------------

I'll do this positionally

Goalkeepers - Yes, Szczesny's a flaming dumpster of a keeper 60% of the time and Alisson's as green as our GK kit this season, but I actually don't feel particularly worried about this area. Neither of them are good enough to edge the other out for this spot permanently so that hopefully that motivates them to make less mistakes. Given he's not prone to trying and failing to emulate Neuer, I give Alisson the edge for now.

Defenders - Florenzi still playing RB tells half the story while Rruan and Emerson teaming up to resemble a barely passable LB tells another. As is often the case of Roma, it was never supposed to come to this. The plan was to bring in Peres and Rui to lock up both flanks with Florenzi and Emerson as backups, freeing Flo to play further up the pitch and Emerson to never see the pitch. Our best laid plans, of course. As for CB, Castan needed some time away from this environment to rediscover his form and consistency so that's a sensible loan. We obviously weren't counting on Rudiger getting injured, but I firmly believe we would've sacrificed him instead of Pjanic if not for his injury. Rruan, Fazio and Vermaelen on paper look like great signings, but 2 of them have been poor for different reasons and one of them hasn't even seen the pitch enough to determine his worth.

Midfielders - Pjanic headlines the outgoing players of course, but life after him hasn't been quite as bleak as we thought it would be (we Romanisti are a dramatic bunch). A combo of a returning Strootman and a fresh Paredes should be enough to fill the void although neither are good FK takers so there's that. Yes, Strootman's not really a transfer per se, but he played little to no football last season so having him back and at 100% feels like a new transfer. Couldn't resist adding him here. The only other X-factor here is Gerson. I think he's in for quite a few minutes once we get into the 3-game week mode so we'll see what he's made of. Federico Ricci impressed, but it was always going to be tough to get him in this squad with meaningful minutes.

Forwards - Permanently signing SES and Salah were the biggest coups here. I would've preferred we sold Iturbe and kept Ljajic, but whatever. Iturbe may not be able to dribble, pass or shoot for whatever reason right now, but he'll at least be somewhat effective with his pace late on in matches. I honestly would've liked to see Sadiq stay as an understudy to Dzeko as we really lack a true 9 beyond him and we've already seen that the False 9 tactic only works in some situations. We'll need to hope Dzeko stays fit as Totti no longer has 90 minutes in him obviously. That said, I think Sadiq is going to be a great prospect so he needs grow. A loan is the right move in that situation. Just means we should've signed another 9.

Overall - This transfer window honestly should've significantly bolstered our squad and prepared us for CL (Laughing), but instead the typical mixture of misfortune, mismanagement, and Roma Happenings ruined that. We've moved from buying rejects of mid-tier Serie A and European clubs to buying rejects of upper level European clubs so that's atleast somewhat encouraging. Given what Juventus and Napoli did though, it pales in comparison.

I give this window a C-, as a result. Intention was there, execution and implementation was not...as is often the case.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:33 pm

Do we have a Napoli fan around to rate their transfers? i think they had a really good summer even after losing Higuain
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:35 pm

Sevilla's window was fun Laughing

INS
Salvatore Sirigu
Gabriel Mercado
Matias Kranevitter
Paulo Henrique Ganso
Pablo Sarabia
Hiroshi Kiyotake
Joaquin Correa
Franco Vazquez
Samir Nasri
Luciano Vietto
Wissam Ben Yedder

OUTS
Coke
Grezgorz Krychowiak
Seba Cristoforo
Ever Bangea
Jose Antonio Reyes
Yehvin Konoplyanka
Kevin Gameiro
Fernando Llorente
Ciro Immobile

It's difficult to rate at this point because there's so many new players. Players like Krychowiak, Banega and Gameiro will be difficult to replace, but I'm liking Franco Vazquez so far and Vietto-Ben Yedder excites me. Ganso will be interesting to watch.

In terms of squad size they've done really well. They aren't short in any position. Just remains to be seen how these new midfielders fit in.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:08 pm

Sevilla's transfer window reminds me of myself when i takeover a club in fifa career modes Smile

interesting squad no matter what, i see them as serious contenders for a 4th EL title in a row
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:42 pm

(: out of 10.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:01 pm

If I'm being honest I'm a bit disappointed.

I love the Mané and Matip signings, and I'm really excited to have Wijnaldum on the team even if he wasn't a necessity. However we badly needed a holding midfielder and a leftback and those positions went unanswered. It means that the team will not only remain deeply flawed, but also upsets the balance of the midfield in general due to playing players out of their comfort zone (or ability zone if you will).

Getting rid of the deadwood was fine though we all knew most of those guys were going anyway. Selling Allen was stupid, when he was one of the few midfielders on the team that could slow down the play, and brought a different element to the center of the pitch (not to mention he was our best performing midfielder last season, and easily outperformed all our others at the Euro where he was fantastic picking up MotM awards and made TotT).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:56 pm

Good lord what happen to the infamous Curtinho optimism

Rate your Transfer Window - Page 2 Oh-noes-everybody-panic

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:17 pm

Haha don't get me wrong. I'm still optimistic. I already liked our team and players and we only needed a few adjustments. I think that there are definitely some holes and questions about our team no doubt, just as there were before, but I think top 4 is not out of reach especially with the lack of Europe. I just wish that we could have had someone like Kryo or even Witsel come in -- someone that could balance our midfield (and LB is a no brainer). I didn't mention Karius who I'm very optimistic about as well.

This Liverpool squad can do great things sooner than later. Very Happy
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:29 pm

This year is your year (:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:35 pm

zizzle wrote:Do we have a Napoli fan around to rate their transfers? i think they had a really good summer even after losing Higuain

I'm not a fan but I watch a lot of their games and moves.

They had one the best transfers in Italy IMO.

Main departures
Higuain. This was out their control.
Valdifiori
David Lopez
Grassi
+scrubs

Main arrivals
Milik
Diawara
Zielinski
Tonelli
Maksimovic
Giaccherini
Rog
+scrubs

Napoli's main issue last season was depth in defense and midfield. Attack was well covered.

In midfield they sold Valdifiori who was exposed as not being good enough to cover Jorginho. Grassi who came into play one game before the end of the season. And David Lopez who was average, but was their main sub in the mid for Allan or Hamsik. To that they added Diawara (CM) who is an excellent prospect and everybody in Serie A wanted. Zielinski (CM) who also looked good at Empoli and really young. Rog (AM) who I've never seen play but apparently is a good talent. To these 3 youngsters they added Giaccherini for a known, reliable option, after a great season with Bologna.

The balance here is overwhelmingly positive. Diawara, Zielinski, Giaccheirni, Rog >>>>>>>> Valdifiori and David Lopez. 8/10 top talent and prospects, but it experience is needed IMO to cover for Jorginho. Thats a lot of responsibility on Diawara, too young.

In defense their go-to CB sub was Chiriches who was dire. The fullbacks are all good for the most part. To cover CB and start next to Koulibaly they got Tonelli and Maksimovic. Both starting quality (better than Albiol).

The defense should be fixed now unless Hysaj gets injured for too long since Maggio is finished. 9/10 for adressing their issues head on with starting quality, only a replacement for Maggio would have been a 10.

On attack Higuain is irreplaceable. They couldn't do aything to keep him, so can't fault them there but their team is undeniably hit. Milik looks promising but Higuain was something else. They also failed to get a RW (will they change the system?), Callejon was their weakest link and remains the only one without a sub.

Attack 5/10.

Overal 7~8/10 I'd say. Fixed everything that needed fixing. Lacked some touches (better depth for RW and RB). Had the impossible task to replace Higuain.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next