CB Partnership

4 posters

Go down

CB Partnership Empty CB Partnership

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:17 pm

I know it will be an unpopular opinion but I would love for Matip-Lucas partnership to continue starting.

Outside of the freak error Lucas has been great for us as a CB every time he's covered there. Today he was outstanding and his mistake will obviously take away from that, but it really shouldn't because we still won convincingly and it didn't cost us anything. We scored two of the goals today directly because of Lucas' distribution from the back. He's a leader at the back and a very good tactical organizer. He's great in the air for his (shorter for a CB) frame. He's great on the ball for a CB because he's a midfielder above all. And of course his greatest attribute is his reading of danger and closing down of empty space (something imo Sakho and Lovren are very shitty at).

I think Klopp will probably only use Lucas an emergency CB but I think Jurgen should build this as our main CB partnership.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

CB Partnership Empty Re: CB Partnership

Post by Curtinho Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:19 pm

I don't. I think he should be playing in midfield where he belongs, so that we don't have to use Henderson at the DM position anymore.

Lovren is a better CB, and Sakho is too. Lucas can help provide balance to the midfield.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Klopp prefers Lucas as CB than at DM from what I've seen. Even when he sends Lucas to get match fit with U23 he asks the coaches to play him at CB rather than DM.

Lucas being another option at CB was the reason Klopp was okay with sending Sakho out and not being afraid of being thin back back there.

Can is obviously his preferred DM and when he's match fit I fully expect him to be the main starter there.

I'm not convinced Lovren is better. I have been fully impressed with Lucas at CB.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:09 pm

Lovren-Matip with Sakho and Klavan rotating. Lucas as a last ditch option, but clearly with a more squad role to fill into CB/DM as necessary.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:44 pm

No Lucas. He's not a CB. Have you forgotten how many fouls he gives away as a midfielder? Don't fancy moving those into the penalty area. Also, he's not physically big enough, I want the CBs to be favorites to win aerial balls.

Matip & Sakho for me would be the best CB pairing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down