Demetrio Albertini..... Another one of the Forgotten Legends?

+3
Mr Nick09
wigglesworth
Great Leader Sprucenuce
7 posters

Go down

Demetrio Albertini..... Another one of the Forgotten Legends? Empty Demetrio Albertini..... Another one of the Forgotten Legends?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:12 am

People talk about Xavi and Pirlo..... but without Albertini these people probably never would of existed one of the people to invent " The Quarterback" in the modern game and paved the way for people like Xavi and Pirlo.

His passing range was insane and had a rocket of a shot on him to boot, was a midfield lynchpin in every sense of the word.

This also come at a time when the game was full of wingers and midfielders that liked attack thier way up the pitch but Albertini was different, he was unique so to speak he drew comparisons to Barca legend Ronald Koeman in his skillset but personally i consider them to be different.

If people are interested in thread's like these i might turn it into a bit of a series but they will be more detailed than this one because this was kind of slung together to get peoples opinions.

Discuss.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Demetrio Albertini..... Another one of the Forgotten Legends? Empty Re: Demetrio Albertini..... Another one of the Forgotten Legends?

Post by wigglesworth Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:03 am

He also played for Atletico Madrid and Barcelona. He should have won the WC in 1994. Baggio's penalty miss robbed a bunch of good players a WC.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Demetrio Albertini..... Another one of the Forgotten Legends? Empty Re: Demetrio Albertini..... Another one of the Forgotten Legends?

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:05 am

It's a good idea to make a list of those midfield geniuses, clearly some of the most under appreciated players
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:09 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:It's a good idea to make a list of those midfield geniuses, clearly some of the most under appreciated players

I agree, its just a matter of doing enough research and choose which one's i decide to do because the list is practically endless.

Makes you wonder though will people from this generation be forgotten like people like Albertini and if so what one's?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:10 am

people dont even realize how good pep himself was, and he is one of the most famous coaches around. guy had laser guided equipment in his feet
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:13 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:people dont even realize how good pep himself was, and he is one of the most famous coaches around. guy had laser guided equipment in his feet

Pep was a more defensive midfielder, I think.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:14 am

wigglesworth wrote:He also played for Atletico Madrid and Barcelona. He should have won the WC in 1994. Baggio's penalty miss robbed a bunch of good players a WC.

Ya and gave Brazil our 5th world Cup...

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:15 am

more like CM imo, playmaking at that
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:16 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:people dont even realize how good pep himself was.

Agreed, its not just midfield geniuses though, there's people like Breitner that i feel dont get nowhere the appreciation that they deserve.

And Madrid fan's wont like hearing it but Luis Enrique aswell.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:19 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:more like CM imo, playmaking at that

No, Pep was a defensive midfielder, a great one. I watched him when he was in Italy, BTW.

"under coach Johan Cruyff. It was the Dutch manager that turned Pep into one of the best defensive midfielders of his era."

http://www.barcablaugranes.com/2011/5/25/2190082/getting-to-know-pep-guardiola

wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:21 am

wigglesworth wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:more like CM imo, playmaking at that

No, Pep was a defensive midfielder, a great one. I watched him when he was in Italy, BTW.

"under coach Johan Cruyff. It was the Dutch manager that turned Pep into one of the best defensive midfielders of his era."

http://www.barcablaugranes.com/2011/5/25/2190082/getting-to-know-pep-guardiola

It depend's what you define DM and CM because Pep was arguably a mix between the two a deep lying playmaker as it were another player who most likely paved the way for player's like Andrea Pirlo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:23 am

Pep's role reminds more of Cambiasso than Pirlo.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:24 am

Don't forget Francescoli. The reason behind Zidane's talents Wink

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:27 am

Andres Iniesta wrote:Don't forget Francescoli. The reason behind Zidane's talents Wink

Wow, i completely forgot about him he definitely belongs in a thread such as this.....

@ Wiggles

Your probably right about that his role was probably more like Cambiasso while having a similar skillset of some like Pirlo with an amazing range of accurate passing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:49 pm

Mole if you turn this into a series it will never end. Rivera, Mazzola, Riva, Dunga, Bebeto the list goes on and on.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:51 pm

milanista99 wrote:Mole if you turn this into a series it will never end. Rivera, Mazzola, Riva, Dunga, Bebeto the list goes on and on.

I dont mind, aslong people will enjoy them i dont mind doing them. It's unlikely i will get through them all but i can try :lol!:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:59 pm

Ronalessi should begin the classic games thread once more so that we can focus on a legend over a few games to compliment the thread.

I'd also love to see more of Günter Netzer's career, I've only seen him in his two games at the European Championships in 1974, but one step at a time.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:00 pm

how about Deco?
he lived in 'dhinos shadow at barca then came to chelsea and sort of fizzled out
if he had played for any team other barca im sure he wouldve been much more appreciated and held in a much higher regard

but he is alot more recent then the other names being thrown around so maybe not the best idea ?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:16 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Ronalessi should begin the classic games thread once more so that we can focus on a legend over a few games to compliment the thread.

I'd also love to see more of Günter Netzer's career, I've only seen him in his two games at the European Championships in 1974, but one step at a time.

Good idea i might use that thread as a research tool, as i dont know every single forgotten legend lol....

What i will probably do is call it Mole's Forgotten Legends: Insert Name Here

also post links of previous ones i did in the bottom of the post sort of like a playlist incase anyone missed out on previous ones.

Also if anyone would like to assist me, be it add more info about the player, find the best youtube compilations etc etc to make the threads better then i ask anyone to add me on Skype or MSN.

I ofcourse will give credit to anyone who does so and say what they provided.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down