Luca
rincon
S
17 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Club's new logo - Page 3 Empty Re: Club's new logo

Post by rincon Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:23 pm

Warrior wrote:What is the reaction about this in Italy, rincon ?

Same as here, pretty much everyone agrees. Kind of bullshit to condense the logo into a J. People guessing it might work for their branding and whatever but that it just does away with too much and forgets the football.

At least thats what I get from italian papers (I'm not Italy anymore, back in Belgium).

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:45 pm

Luca wrote:I think its a slight overreaction to something as simple as an emblem change to be honest. I kind of had a similar reaction but we must come to terms with it.

It's not like we renamed our club or changed our colours to black and blue, or relocated to a different continent Laughing

It's progressive and different, this part I don't mind. I am very sentimental so I will remain attached to the old badge, but it is what it is, maybe we'll have some fun looking shirts like the mock ups that have already been posted in this thread

I agree.  I don't love it, but it's not that big of a deal.  I think I would care more if Juve's logo was the same throughout the years.  However, when you look at the history of Juventus' logo, it's changed greatly compared to some clubs, especially EPL clubs.  

I would actually prefer that Juve do something completely different for a logo rather than continuing to tweak the old emblem again.

Club's new logo - Page 3 6a842e6ae42d875600b5be43cb219395
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:00 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Club's new logo - Page 3 16114984_1807796816104042_8223021526140391466_n

shut up and take my money :O
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:14 pm

@DeviAngel where did you get that? is that real? sexy as hell if it is.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:17 pm

rincon wrote:@DeviAngel where did you get that? is that real? sexy as hell if it is.

It's not real. It's a design idea by a fan. Just.juve on instagram

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:47 pm

rincon wrote:@DeviAngel where did you get that? is that real? sexy as hell if it is.

What Luca said but it was shared so much and its so popular that for a moment I thought its the real deal..
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Club's new logo - Page 3 Img_2116
Club's new logo - Page 3 Img_2117
Club's new logo - Page 3 Img_2119

Last edited by juve_gigi on Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:48 pm

The original template for the new logo has apparently been found...

Club's new logo - Page 3 Img_2118
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Milan and Inter to follow Juventus and change logo...

Club's new logo - Page 3 Img_2120
Club's new logo - Page 3 Img_2121
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:18 pm

The shirt Devi posted is amazing. The white strips need to be less bright or replaced with gold stripes if we'll use it as a away or third kit.

The idea of turning it on a brand is positive , you can sell all kinds of stuff with a Jj logo on it. It doesn't relate to football only so we are a step ahead in market. If we grow our football success as well we can be a marketing giant like Man.Utd pretty soon.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:41 am

juve_gigi wrote:Club's new logo - Page 3 Img_2116
Club's new logo - Page 3 Img_2117
Club's new logo - Page 3 Img_2119

My futurw wife will be lucky to have me Laughing Laughing Laughing
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:57 am

Club's new logo - Page 3 C2cN2wJWEAAWIYY

So tell me , where are we discarding our history again ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:58 am

Are you serious @S ? come on.

The fact that it has some logic in terms of design doesn't mean its not discarding our history.

What does that diagram even show? the shield it uses is not even one that has even been used for Juventus. Look at our past symbols and see the coherency in them (except for the zebra one but that was actually awesome Laughing ). This shares nothing with our crests except the name "Juventus".

What the hell was wrong with our current logo? it was even redone just 10 years ago, I understand if they want change to keep it fresh like they have done in the past. This wasn't that though, it wasn't an evolution, it was just throwing away everything from the old logos and making something new. Thats bullshit.

If they wanted this brand they should have just made it a "Juventus clothing brand" and used for the away jersey, like Milan does with their 2 logos. This way, everybody is happy.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:32 am

I agree with @S, its not like they changed the name of the club. Its a logo simple as that plus its roots are from Agnelli plus we already have used the J as a logo. Calma people ffs its marketing something we need and lack.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:34 am

The shield refers to the scudetto badge. The rest as you said is the black and white stripes and the letter J. They took the horse/zebra out of the logo but the reaction on here sounds like they replaced the old logo with some random Chinese letters or something. Our logo is not our only identity. Its not the be all and end all. As cringey as it sounds, we identify ourselves more with winning, determination, grinta and all those types of cheesy stuff. Juventus is always built towards winning the national league. The motto of the club also refers to the same. So what if they transformed our old logo into a non-footballing-esque logo ? We do retain a part of our history and identity with it.

Besides this is not some Arab or Chinese businessman buying the club overnight and changing the logo. Its the Agnelli's who are doing it so i dont see much of a problem as they do understand as much as the fans do and perhaps even more about retaining our history and identity.

The overreaction of the logo everywhere from Juve fans has gone a bit overboard in my opinion and i'm sure people will come to terms with it pretty soon.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:52 am

Its not a horse/zebra, its the bull from Torino. A club's crest is the first line of identity it has.

Look at the post from Juventude and see Juventus, look at the new logo and see...? what? a clothing brand? why not just go ahead and support armani or gucci? Completely soulless.

Even the Inter fans in the general section are disappointed by this. Our crest weighted a lot, it commanded respect and reflected history. This is closer to an adidas logo than a Juventus Football Club crest.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:04 pm

I've read articles saying that this was a dream of Gianni and Umberto dating back in 1993. They wanted Juventus to operate like Ferrari does in Formula 1. Giraudo was planning to start this whole J project back in 2006 but calciopolis came and we all know the shit-storm that followed.

The J-Medical, the J-Stadium, the J-Museum, the J-Village, everything was planned more than 20 years ago so Juventus could be an independent organization without the need of the Agnelli's.

We all know that the Agnelli family is one of the best in the world in their field. I'm not surprised at all that they were so, so, so ahead of everyone.

I repeat, they were planning this more than 20 years ago. Amazing.

Watch every big club slowly follow us.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:05 pm

I dint deny a club's crest is the first line of identity but i am just merely stating that it does not represent the only identity. Say what you want, but Juventus is a club that has transcended regional borders across the country so i've never really seen it as a Torinese team per se, just that we seem to have the headquarters located in Torino. Juventus associates itself with the entire country, thats how i've always seen it. I'm talking in respect to the removal of the Torinese bull.

Even then, other than that, what other part of our history have we exactly discarded ? We still have a logo in black and white not in black and blue which represents our colours. I already mentioned the scudetto badge which was the idea behind the 2nd J which is also a part of our history. What else have we exactly discarded ?

On first sight , with such a simplistic design, this might look like a clothing logo but this is not something they decided to do overnight. I'm sure there was a lot of thought process behind this radical change.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:05 pm

And since my English isn't that good and I can't express myself in the way I want to I will simply post the article so you guys can understand what I mean.

http://www.repubblica.it/2006/04/sezioni/sport/calcio/serie_a/campioscud/campioscud/campioscud.html

The article is from 2006.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:18 pm

@rincon

Agnelli :

The new logo, which will be in use from July 2017, represents the very essence of Juventus: the distinctive stripes of the playing jersey, the Scudetto – the symbol of victory – and the iconic J for Juventus. These three elements make up the DNA of our club.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:47 pm

I understand how its made. Its just strange, it will take a while for me (and others) to adapt to that as a football crest that holds any weight.

I see the current crest, or Bayern's or Madrid's, and I immediately understand the team and how imposing they are on a football pitch.

Then I see our new logo and I get absolutely 0 "intensity" from it. Nothing about it seems intimidating. Mostly because of its too disconnected from anything of the past. It doesn't evoke the feeling of any past victories or achievements.

They just did away with all of that. In the future as we hopefully continue winning things, it might build the same reputation, but right now it got none. Weak.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:14 pm

I don't see any negative effects except some hurt feelings (I guess for all of us). The rest is a possible positive effect in our marketing, a field we are way behind clubs like Barca,Real,Man.Utd who buy players only by selling their shirts.
Like I said before , the logo is not everything, Agnellis nees to back it up with investments and success so it can really turn into a huge brand.
That's the good news about it. If they really mean bussiness and they should , they will start injecting more money to bring trophies to this team (I mean CHL mostly) so the brand will be successful and raise profit from our sales. If the logo will stay just as a simple change it wont be anything good.

But with all the J-Museum , J-Medical and all Continassa projects I think we are a step ahead of other clubs. Bet they will soon follow us.

There are big teams in Italy who don't own a stadium yet. We are not one but two steps ahead them now. And we need to look forward.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:29 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/juventus-new-badge-is-not-simply-an-excess-of-modern-football-theyre-leaving-serie-a-behind-a7533006.html

Great read. Agnelli is a GOAT pres.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:48 pm

GOAT move, fully on board with it.

if you think our (idk 10th?) latest badge change is discarding our history then you're too sentimental.

Whats 'wrong' with our current badge? Nothing. Is it going to catch on as it's own brand and turn heads? No.

Do I give a shit about a badge design over the chance of modernising our club, increasing our revenues and attracting new fans? No.

Didn't realise changing our 12 year old badge erased our clubs history.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:08 pm

Main man Tom

To me, the crown and the bull were staples of the emblem but I've come to terms with our new emblem, as everyone should because it is here to stay, and I think we'll see some very stylish shirts.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next