Vlad the Impaler
Katy Perry
jibers
Glory
S
67 posters

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid - Page 4 Empty Re: Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid

Post by Firenze Mon May 22, 2017 10:57 pm

a lot of sites are reporting stuff now but it's all gonna stem from that Griez interview on TV..they just want clicks

I'll believe it when I see it

what's the deal with this potential Atleti ban though? and I doubt he will come to us if Ajax beat us

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid - Page 4 Empty Re: Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid

Post by Unique Mon May 22, 2017 11:00 pm

sounds to me like he is after a better contract at atleti tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon May 22, 2017 11:02 pm

dunno who this melt is but since he's just quoting the CC I'll allow it

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid - Page 4 13b2ba78abf901ea504867a20f298c8b
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 22, 2017 11:03 pm

Surely you know Atletico are banned from registering new players in the summer @Firenze?
They are appealing it at the moment so there's potentially NO transfer ban.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon May 22, 2017 11:07 pm

I remember hearing both Madrid teams got suspended bans, weren't Real cleared? then I heard nothing else until today. Are they gonna get a decision on the ban soon? I hope they're banned and we don't sign him, would rather spend the 100m elsewhere.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 22, 2017 11:14 pm

i hope he goes so we can avoid that train wreck, good luck fitting Pogba and griezmann in their best positions
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 22, 2017 11:15 pm

The problem hasn't been fitting Pogba and Grizzy on NT... it's Pogba and Matuidi. Forcing Pogba to play on the right (same side as Grizzy) is the problem. Put him on the left and there is no problem.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 22, 2017 11:17 pm

why would anyone buy griezman for 100mil when you could get sanchez for 40mil Shocked crazy.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 22, 2017 11:17 pm

Firenze wrote:I remember hearing both Madrid teams got suspended bans, weren't Real cleared? then I heard nothing else until today. Are they gonna get a decision on the ban soon? I hope they're banned and we don't sign him, would rather spend the 100m elsewhere.

Decision should be made before the start of the transfer window AFAIR. Haven't been following the story though so I don't really know what's the most likely outcome.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 22, 2017 11:20 pm

Unique wrote:why would anyone buy griezman for 100mil when you could get sanchez for 40mil Shocked crazy.

That 40 mil number is fiction... and Griezmann is far better than Sanchez. 26 goals and 12 assists this season despite starting very slow after the Euro disappointment.

Two big differences are football IQ and defensive duties. Griezmann does it all.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 22, 2017 11:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Unique wrote:why would anyone buy griezman for 100mil when you could get sanchez for 40mil Shocked crazy.

That 40 mil number is fiction... and Griezmann is far better than Sanchez. 26 goals and 12 assists this season despite starting very slow after the Euro disappointment.

Two big differences are football IQ and defensive duties. Griezmann does it all.

Not really in the position to debate who is better but Sanchez has 30 goals and 13 assists lol, so using Griezmann's stats doesn't really end up in his favour.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 22, 2017 11:23 pm

Griezmann far better than Sanchez is horse arse. Sanchez is just as great a footballer. i

And his game is more complete ON the ball. He does way more, dribble, playmake, create chances for the others out of nothing. and Off the ball he can still score goals, he has more tools to influence a game than Griezmann

Not to mention he plays more positions lol, Sanchez is better i agree with that. This is how bayern beat clubs on the market, they scout players for what they are instead of hype, and they pay fair market value instead of some valuation supposed to say that Griezmann is the next big thing... he is not lol

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Mon May 22, 2017 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon May 22, 2017 11:24 pm

why don't you sign him then
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 22, 2017 11:25 pm

sportsczy wrote:

That 40 mil number is fiction... and Griezmann is far better than Sanchez.  26 goals and 12 assists this season despite starting very slow after the Euro disappointment.

Two big differences are football IQ and defensive duties.  Griezmann does it all.  
but there is always a chance griezmann will flop in England I'm not saying he will but he could. sanchez is proven in England so no worries there. plus sanchez has one year left on his contract so 40mil should get the deal done. if I could pick one for Liverpool at the going rate I would take sanchez all day long.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 22, 2017 11:26 pm

Me too i would much rather my club signs Sanchez than Griezmann, just saying
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 22, 2017 11:26 pm

Firenze wrote:

I would love us to sign him tbh. he was all set to sign for us last time but his wife didn't want to live in Liverpool.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 22, 2017 11:27 pm

whatever.  The fact that Griezmann was dead tired (like all the NT players that played in the Euro final including CR) made for a bad start to the season.

Sanchez doesn't defend and plays one way... this season was his first truly top one (and in the worst season for Arsenal in decades literally).  Other than that, he's known for diving, crying and generally having a huge ego without backup.

Grizzy has been doing it for years now, is younger and has done it on every stage.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 22, 2017 11:28 pm

PL goals are worth twice as much though.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon May 22, 2017 11:30 pm

Unique wrote:
Firenze wrote:

I would love us to sign him tbh. he was all set to sign for us last time but his wife didn't want to live in Liverpool.

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid - Page 4 Giphy
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 22, 2017 11:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:whatever.  The fact that Griezmann was dead tired (like all the NT players that played in the Euro final including CR) made for a bad start to the season.

Sanchez doesn't defend and plays one way... this season was his first truly top one (and in the worst season for Arsenal in decades literally).  Other than that, he's known for diving, crying and generally having a huge ego without backup.

Grizzy has been doing it for years now, is younger and has done it on every stage.

Laughing

Why you are being so defensive, all i said was Sanchez had better stats as you used Griezmann's stats as to prove he's better.

I don't really watch enough football to know about either of them, i was just saying that using stats doesn't end up in Griezmann's favour lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon May 22, 2017 11:33 pm

has Grizzy ever performed in a big match? Sanchez is surrounded by the likes of Welbeck, Monreal and Coquelin and still carries the team in the PL with impressive numbers. Griez has played for a top 3-4 team in the world the last few years. hmm

I'll take him begrudgingly, I only really have an issue with the price tag, 100m for him, madness.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 22, 2017 11:34 pm

Firenze wrote:
Unique wrote:
Firenze wrote:

Almost Official : Antoine Griezmann joins Atletico Madrid - Page 4 Giphy
http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/27/the-reason-alexis-sanchez-snubbed-liverpool-and-joined-arsenal-revealed-by-anfield-ceo-6602017/
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon May 22, 2017 11:36 pm

Liverpool had agreed a deal to bring Sanchez the other way but it fell through when Arsenal made their interest clear.

so basically a bigger, better club stepped in and he stopped returning your calls

of course he isn't gonna say that, saying he didn't want to live in Loserpool (who blames him) was just a polite way of telling you to do one
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 22, 2017 11:37 pm

Anfield CEO, because he's 100% impartial lol.

He joined Arsenal because in this day and age they are a more prestigious team and Arsene Wenger is a draw for most non-british players.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 22, 2017 11:52 pm

Firenze wrote:has Grizzy ever performed in a big match? Sanchez is surrounded by the likes of Welbeck, Monreal and Coquelin and still carries the team in the PL with impressive numbers. Griez has played for a top 3-4 team in the world the last few years. hmm

I'll take him begrudgingly, I only really have an issue with the price tag, 100m for him, madness.

You're joking right.  Remember the Bayern Munich goals in the CL semis last year?  The goal at the Bernabeu this year to get Atleti a draw? Do you remember EVERY SINGLE France NT elimination game bar the Final (most were dead because the Germany semi was only 48 hours before where he scored a brace)?  He scored the second most goals in a Euro EVER with Platini being the only one ahead of him (1984 Euro).

You would think that some live in a cave here ffs.

Last edited by sportsczy on Mon May 22, 2017 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 22, 2017 11:54 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Firenze wrote:has Grizzy ever performed in a big match? Sanchez is surrounded by the likes of Welbeck, Monreal and Coquelin and still carries the team in the PL with impressive numbers. Griez has played for a top 3-4 team in the world the last few years. hmm

You're joking right.  Remember the Bayern Munich goals in the CL semis last year?  Do you remember EVERY SINGLE France NT elimination game bar the Final (most were dead because the Germany semi was only 48 hours before where he scored a brace)?  He scored the second most goals in a Euro EVER with Platini being the only one ahead of him (1984 Euro).

You would think that some live in a cave here ffs.

Technicalities :coffee:
Did he score in a CL/Euro final? Case closed IMO
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next