Freeza
Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
zigra
25 posters

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 22 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:10 am

RealGunner wrote:How much are they going to milk this finished franchise

Finished? Not even close imo

The sad part is how little they're doing with it so far. But I like a lot of these moves.

Still too many old-stories and re-threads and still no original jedi story

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 22 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Warrior Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:17 am

Following the same strategy as Marvel ? They will milk until the very last drop. Basically they build a whole universe. It is great for current and later kids they see Star Wars develop to this extent.

KOTOR film/series, that's all i ever wanted. Still haven't seen episode IX, even spoilt myself and forgot everything Laughing Lost interest for the franchise, Obi-Wan and Bad Batch sparks curiosity but i doubt to ever see them unless accidentally
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:24 am

M99 wrote:Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 22 6e2l57s93g461
this is pretty ridiculous
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:33 am

Jar Jar deserves his own story, unpopular opinion he was a fun character

A goofy comedy animation film, for that Disney is proven quality
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:40 pm

Warrior wrote:Following the same strategy as Marvel ? They will milk until the very last drop. Basically they build a whole universe. It is great for current and later kids they see Star Wars develop to this extent.

KOTOR film/series, that's all i ever wanted. Still haven't seen episode IX, even spoilt myself and forgot everything Laughing Lost interest for the franchise, Obi-Wan and Bad Batch sparks curiosity but i doubt to ever see them unless accidentally

That's all I ever wanted as well.

SWKOTOR 1 and 2, will never forget the moment I discovered I was Revan. Storytelling was world class.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:59 pm

Watched some of the teasers, looks good.

Its the marvel people in the end so I expect a certain standard of quality thats higher than most the star wars stuff pre-mandalorian.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:18 am

That Mandalorian S2 finale was fucking epic.

I'm gob-smacked.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Excellent finale. What a way to end the season.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:32 pm

Is season 2 less episodic?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:52 pm

Yeah the show gets less episodic as it goes on. Season 2 still starts that way but it things start to come together more and by the end its a lot more sequential.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:27 pm

Episode 2.02 was absolutely terrible.

This new one is much better though. Finally getting to the good stuff. No idea why there’s such a dumb filler episode in an 8 episode show for streaming.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:45 pm

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 22 Spoile10
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:42 am

Kotor remake is confirmed did you know

I hope they add a lot of side quests on each planet

With the gameplay of FF7 remake it would be awesome
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:53 pm

Whaaat

My favorite game of all time :bow:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:56 pm

The Book of Boba Fett has unfortunately become what many feared The Mandolorian would become.

It could be so much more, but it has really been taken down by far too much filler. The narrative is just moving way too slow and the show is already at its midpoint.

Frankly, I'm not just not sure there's enough here to warrant Boba ever getting his own TV show, despite him being one of my favorite characters from the OG Trilogy.

My biggest gripe is that this Boba just doesn't have the menace the character is legendary for. Too much of a Paragon and not enough of a Renegade, to borrow Mass Effect terminology.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:03 pm

McLewis wrote:The Book of Boba Fett has unfortunately become what many feared The Mandolorian would become.

It could be so much more, but it has really been taken down by far too much filler. The narrative is just moving way too slow and the show is already at its midpoint.

Frankly, I'm not just not sure there's enough here to warrant Boba ever getting his own TV show, despite him being one of my favorite characters from the OG Trilogy.

My biggest gripe is that this Boba just doesn't have the menace the character is legendary for. Too much of a Paragon and not enough of a Renegade, to borrow Mass Effect terminology.

One of your points is why Boba has lost his own show to other characters and elements.

I always loved Boba Fett but lets admit over time he became vastly overrated?

He was rated because his highly aesthetic armour gave him a mysterious and cool allure that was spread over a few scenes in Star Wars but how far can they take that given Mandalorian literally just did that with basically another Boba?

And to have him played by a middle aged man?

Taking off the helmet exposes and takes away what brought his allure in the first place.

But this is Disney's Star Wars who will broadcast everything and every character as a cash grab as if it makes money then what does it matter, for it doesnt. If its financially successful then why stop?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:13 pm

You're dead-on about the cash grabbiness. It's a cautionary tale for the upcoming Obi-Wan and Ahsoka shows. They have to be compelling or people will tune out, no matter who the main character is.

The story of how Boba Fett filled the vacuum of leadership of Tatooine's criminal underground really should be a compelling one. And who knows...maybe the next season might accelerate things, but right now....the best thing about the show is the excellent score (once again) from Ludwig Goeransson.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:43 pm

Finished the book of boba fett. Boy that was mediocre.

What a pointless show. How did they make something so boring and uninteresting.

After watching 4 episodes I dropped it and only watched it now because I heard Mando was in it at the end. So episodes 4 and 5 are simply mandaloroan episodes, baba isn't even in it, and they are by far the best episodes.

It's amazing how the same company that made Mandalorian and the MCU shows made something this bad. Slow, ugly, uninteresting, and led by a main character that has no charisma and nothing interest to do. The only cool parts of Boba Fett's story where the tusken raider stuff.

There is even an episode where someone says to him "no one respecta you" and I think he spoke for the viewers too.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:45 pm

On the positives, those two eps of the Mandalorian were great even if I didn't like how the plot point of Grogu advanced.

Ahsoka is great, the tech behind Luke is incredible, and the Mandalorian stuff looks really promising.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:56 am

Andor is quietly one of the best series of the year. And it's produced one of the best episodes I've seen in a very long time.

This show is right up there with the Mandalorian. I initially had absolutely no interest in it, but that 3rd episode hooked me.

Some compelling performances all around.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:34 pm

Only seen 6 episodes so far. It's so much better than Mandalorian. Can't believe they actually made a prequel worth watching with something new to say. Incredible achievement by Tony Gilroy.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22