Paul Pogba, the biggest fraud of our time?

+32
M99
Warrior
Myesyats
The Demon of Carthage
Thimmy
Glory
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Adit
futbol_bill
Doc
huntsman
jibers
BarcaLearning
Jay29
Mr Nick09
free_cat
Harmonica
CBarca
Luca
sportsczy
zigra
Nishankly
RealGunner
Unique
Robespierre
farfan
rincon
Hapless_Hans
Firenze
Lucifer
Turok_TTZ
Tomwin Lannister
36 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Paul Pogba, the biggest fraud of our time? - Page 4 Empty Re: Paul Pogba, the biggest fraud of our time?

Post by jibers Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:19 pm

Pogba isn't a #6 or #10....

Maybe...just maybe he might be a #8.... hmm

Not difficult here people Laughing

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Paul Pogba, the biggest fraud of our time? - Page 4 Empty Re: Paul Pogba, the biggest fraud of our time?

Post by huntsman Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:40 pm

The short answer is he is out of his depth.
Will improve a little but that's almost how good he is.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:41 pm

Paul would actually start for Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona, Jjuve (duh), Atletico, hell, he'll start every single match for Liverpool. He's a legit talent but he's either being a lazy pleb of sorts or Mourinho (as Jay and Sports mentioned) has not defined a proper role for him. Probably a mixture of both. I thought he was turning a corner but he started being a bit mediocre lately.

If Utd don't want him, I already told Perez and he just bought a new fax machine.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:54 pm

He is not being lazy.
He is out of his depth.

Look in his eyes, and study his reactions and play. He is just overwhelmed and out of his depth. He is too anxious to get rid of the ball and pass it the moment it touches his feet.

He is not taking challenges in the field because he is worried he may get schooled a couple of times or more.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:58 pm

The issue isn't that Pogba is a fraud, it's just that he and his agent overhyped him. He simply is not worth that transfer price nor that demanded salary (plus image rights). No other team including Madrid is willing to pay that price for a midfielder, regardless of how good he is.

Even if the coach played him consistently at one role and his play improved to be the best midfielder out there, it still doesn't justify the price tag.

This is not a guy (or agent) (or coach for that matter) that we need to feel sorry about!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:09 pm

I'd take him. Problem is Utd have spoilt prices.

That's the bottom line.

United have a problem with Pogba the 100m fee+25m wages player because they have a problem with the fact that they have to pay that much to sign a player like Pogba.
They had to price out everyone else because they have less pull than the biggest teams, and recognising that hurts too much.

So if you think about it, United fans' problem is not with Pogba but with their own situation, and their taking it out on Pogba.

Let's not forget it was the exact same thing with Di Maria.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:19 pm

I do enjoy when you're being serious Hans. Genuinely agree with your post.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:25 pm

He was bought to sell shirts in France.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:00 pm

jibers wrote:Pogba isn't a #6 or #10....

Sure is difficult for Mourinho.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:11 pm

jibers wrote:Pogba isn't a #6 or #10....

Lol was thinking same Laughing

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:00 am

So If Pogba at Juve was his best that Conte/Allegri got the best out of him then I really do think he is overrated. I mean, b2b and we can all see how good he was and can be, but not enough to be considered the best and worth his price tag, although its not his fault.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:03 am

He is *bleep* 23 Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:04 am

Lol tell me about it.

First person to call how overrated that guy is. Did it when he was with Juventus.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:19 am

rincon wrote:He is *bleep* 23 Laughing

Only for another couple of hours though
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:45 am

TBH the more I see of pogba the more i like emre can. :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:48 am

Unique wrote:TBH the more I see of pogba the more i like emre can. :coffee:

Don't be stupid. I'm a well known Man United hater fan but Pogba is a fantastic player and Can is meh. It is what it is.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:49 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:TBH the more I see of pogba the more i like emre can. :coffee:

Don't be stupid. I'm a well known Man United hater fan but Pogba is a fantastic player and Can is meh. It is what it is.
I knew I would get a bite with that post but I didn't expect it to be you hans eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:42 am

BarcaLearning wrote:So If Pogba at Juve was his best that Conte/Allegri got the best out of him then I really do think he is overrated. I mean, b2b and we can all see how good he was and can be, but not enough to be considered the best and worth his price tag, although its not his fault.

So the best midfielders in the world can play multiple positions?  That's a false premise.

Zidane was poor as a holding mid (yes he played there).  But he shined as an advanced CM in a 433 or 442.

Xavi was fantastic as a distributing CM.  But he wasn't great as a AM (it was tried) or any other role.

My point is that you only had very few midfielders that carried their class into varied midfielder roles.  Vieira was one.  Yaya Toure was another.  It doesn't make them better than Xavi or Zidane... just more adaptable.

Pogba LOOKS like he should be adaptable but he is not.  He is a WC B2B (preferably on the left).  Play him there.  It's not that hard.

Deschamps makes the same stupid mistake too. It doesn't work.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:59 am

Deschamps is not making a mistake. he is deciding whether to play Griezmann in his preferred position, between a CF, or to play Pogba as a B2B in a 3 man midfield... THis is a no brainer of course you play griezmann in his best role, he will get you goals and win you games.

As a matter of fact, France can bench Pogba and still succeed with Kante-whoever midfield. as long as they have that wide game and dual combo CF upfront with Grizzy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:14 am

He's playing Matuidi on the left next to Payet... that's the mistake.  Plus he benches Kante for Sissoko lol.

He should put Pogba on the left with Payet, put Kante in for Sissoko obviously and have him sit back... the other one would be to play Rabiot instead of Matuidi since he can play on the right.

Playing Pogba on the right and low to accommodate Matuidi who like sto attack, which is what is happening, is a huge mistake.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:16 am

Sport u r right and thats pretty much what I was trying to say actually Razz u just misunderstood what I said, I actually meant also that hes currently or naturally best at b2b, players I guess like Khedira. Vidal, etc., are like that, so he can keep being that and improve or he could focus or change his game as he ages in order to become more specialized as in like Zidane and Xavi rather than an all rounder, who can really control or make the difference in games consistently.

Atm him being the sole play maker is asking too much of him. Because hes such an all rounder, probably managers at Man U or France still struggle to find what works best as they need to consider what his teammates can do in relative, etc. as well.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:16 am

sportsczy wrote:He's playing Matuidi on the left next to Payet... that's the mistake.  Plus he benches Kante for Sissoko lol.

He should put Pogba on the left with Payet, put Kante in for Sissoko obviously and have him sit back... the other one would be to play Rabiot instead of Matuidi since he can play on the right.

Playing Pogba on the right and low to accommodate Matuidi who like sto attack, which is what is happening, is a huge mistake.
The problem with playing Pogba on the left is that he does *bleep* all in defense to cover Evra and Payet, that's why Deschamps played Matuidi on the left.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:04 pm

I was thinking it's kind of an oxymoron that we describe him as This complete player but then he can only be good in one specific role in one specific scheme Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:07 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I was thinking it's kind of an oxymoron that we describe him as This complete player but then he can only be good in one specific role in one specific scheme Laughing

I understand what you mean, but the reason people call him complete is because he's decent at everything.

That's all people mean by complete lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:22 pm

Dude is a monster footballer at 23. At 23 Iniesta was still a sub to Deco.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Barca should have bought him free... he wanted to go there for less money too. What happened?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next