Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
Firenze
16 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 33 - WM 33 Edition - Page 36 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 33 - WM 33 Edition

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:06 am

I'd be a world class commentator 430 pounds of prime wife beating banter.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 33 - WM 33 Edition - Page 36 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 33 - WM 33 Edition

Post by M99 Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:06 am

Mauro was great. Tom Phillips is okay. Nigel in NXT is decent too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:07 am

Still refuse to accept Nigel is still a name in the 21st century.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:14 am

As an English lad I can't take Nigel McGuinness seriously because he sounds like a prime darts commentator.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:30 am

Michael Cole gets an undeserved rap, sure i hated him in the beginning, but i've come to understand his importance and his style of casting (play by play). My only issue is the one that Tom highlighted when some comes back or surprise:

'oh my'

'COULD IT BE?!'

Stuff like this makes me want to have brain separation surgery, i like King and JR because of the excitement and their distinct voices. Saxton, Philips, Tom and whoever else that jobs the announcer table are jabroni's that i couldn't care less about. Graves i like, JBL is a c*nt but that aside he can be funny sometimes when the mandingo owning redneck comes out.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:40 am

Cole is pretty good when Vince isn't constantly in his ear tbh, you see it whenever they do network stuff.

Difference between that and Raw is night and day, also he was great back in the day on Smackdown with Tazz.

Morale of the story is Vince micromanaging the *bleep* out of it just makes it feel horrible.

Which can be applied to most things with the product tbh lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:44 am

Apart from Vince and Kevin Dunn screaming in their ears, the thing that has ruined commentary overall is the obsession of having a three man team and filling up the racial quota. Ideally I would have Graves and Phillips on one show and Cole and Ranallo on another.

Also people like Austin Aries, Miz and Kevin Owens are much better commentators than excitement vacuums like Otunga and Saxton. You will notice how much better commentary is when there are guest commentators.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:30 am

I truly did not like Mauro when he first debuted. Tried way too hard with the current pop culture references, but it did grow on me so he did as well. Very sad to see him go. No clue he had mental problems.

As for Booker T, he's meh af, but way better than Otunga.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:03 am

Mauro is very good in calling the matches which I loved, not so good in the other stuff. Cole & Tom are good with the other stuff but mediocre in calling a match, Cole is terrible, doesn't know most of the moves too. Mauro brought so much into a match. Graves is the best, phenomenal character, fantastic talker & good in calling matches/moves too but he's a big heel putting heels over !

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:07 am

Onyx wrote:Why does this strike even exist lol? All this strong style stuff needs to go imo. Everybody know's it's fake, if people want a real fight UFC exists. Fake punches >>>

https://i.imgur.com/aRgutKR.gif

Looks horrible, I think he went too hard, people are a little circumspect when it comes to hitting people's faces, Bryan was vicious too but most of it was kicks to the chest or twisting arms & the kicks were safe.

Agree with mole, they shouldn't allow hard stiff hits from anyone who is not a veteran/expert in these moves. Newbies try & screw up & can cause serious damage - There are so many elbow shots, almost none of them given a concussion, Jinder obviously f***ed up since I don't think Balor's head is that delicate, he is human afterall !

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:00 am

One of the things I like about Graves, is he reminds me of Heenan in the sense that while he's a heel commentator he will give respect to the babyfaces were necessary if they deserve it.

Which I much prefer to the usual delusional style King would have where he would literally flat out disrespect babyfaces and praise heels to the hills.

Just didn't feel right especially when they turned and he magically liked them the following week.

I still loved King mind, extremely entertaining and probably one of the all time great talkers.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:07 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Mauro throwing shade at WWE Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:56 pm

The divas division needs a Lesnar type like that imo. A badass female who destroys everyone.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:00 pm

That's what they are building Asuka to be IMO, she's currently on her way to beating Goldberg's unbeaten WCW streak in NXT.

I agree though, although they have a womens tournament coming up in the summer. I wouldn't be surprised if they sign some physically imposing ones as part of that.

Nia Jax is really the only one on the main roster and she's just fat Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Asuka doesn't really look all that intimidating imo. Doesn't really have a badass vibe to her and her look/entrance is too flashy.

Need a no nonsense type badass female who just comes out and destroys imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Onyx wrote:Asuka doesn't really look all that intimidating imo. Doesn't really have a badass vibe to her and her look/entrance is too flashy.

Need a no nonsense type badass female who just comes out and destroys imo.

I don't feel you have watched enough hmm Because she definitely does that.

Badass would be the way i would describe her tbh, be it choking the life out of Bayley, knocking people out with kicks in like 10 seconds and overall she just comes across as very dangerous more so than main roster talent IMO.

I agree her entrance is very flashy though, she definitely screams female Brock to me. Maybe more Brock pre Suplex city though.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:34 pm

I'm thinking someone more like Chyna, with Brock booking. Needs to have da look too. Also gets involved in male storylines.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:41 pm

hmm

Agree then.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:47 pm

I like the look of that fighter in that MMA vid above. Something similar would be cool.

Basically the WWE female would come out with mainly black attire, serious look on her face and just annihilate her opponents. No fancy glitter dancing entrances or total divas drama. Give her a big streak and book her as a tweener. So just in case smarks boo her, it won't make a difference. Make it a big fight feel everytime she fights and for the first several matches, the announcers would stay silent during her entrance.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Debuts by interfering in a womens title match and destroying the competitors, ref etc. Also attacks a commentator and camera men ringside.

Doesn't show up until the next PPV, does the same thing again. Then officially debuts the next night on RAW by winning the womens title in a squash match.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:23 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Lv4oqtnR4
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:41 pm

Justin Roberts Says Triple H Is The Most Insecure Person He’s Ever Met

How his book has played into this whole Mauro Ranallo and JBL situation: “Obviously, what I talk about in my book is what happened for sure to me. It is not anything that is speculation or something that may or may not have happened it is what I went through and everything I put in there is legit and everything that I said happened, happened. I wasn’t putting it in there to kick up dust and now years later with this being my story and with the speculation of what’s going on with Mauro and JBL and what may or may not be and because of that it ties into the fact that I talk about everything I went through.”

The difference between the two era’s locker room environments: “In that era and culture as far as the locker room enforcer and all of that and his cabinet (JBL had a “Cabinet” on TV) and he had one behind the scenes and they made life hell for me. It wasn’t good natured-fun ribbing it was hell for a long time. That could have easily been stopped by management because management was well aware of what was going on and it wasn’t because management there would not say we don’t allow that it was more like (laughing) that is great and the story I tell about my passport being taken out of my bag and getting stuck in England when I came back, I came back to Vince McMahon making a joke about it because he loves that kind of ribbing. To him that is just ribbing. He doesn’t care what it does and how it affects people. As far as the locker room enforcer like a JBL-type with a ‘Cabinet’. I don’t think that goes on anymore. Because that was in 2003 and I talk in the book about when Tommy Dreamer came in and how it was just a different group of people and how things really changed but at the same time where people are talking about ‘Fire JBL’, I am not looking to get JBL fired and firing won’t do anything because they have fired guys in the past just to take the heat off the company for a short time so basically that is just the culture there. There is a bullying culture and bullying mentality from upper-management and it goes all the way down from upper management and that does go on in many different forms. The constant threat of heat is something that is real and upper management uses that all the time to keep people in line and that is something that still goes on.”

How perception of Triple H has changed to the internet wrestling fan in recent years: “This was a guy who was making fun of the indy guys that now he takes pictures with. All of a sudden and now that they (WWE) realize that the football players and some of these guys that don’t know anything about wrestling that they were hiring for the Performance Center, when they saw that wasn’t going so well, they just turned to the guys that were already over and that way it made him look good to the internet and the internet has accepted him because he is running with the guys that the internet pushes. He was never for that in the past and all of a sudden is a different guy.”

Any instances where he saw Triple H bury talent: “There are a couple of things that come to mind that I write about in the book. When he was going to be wrestling The Undertaker at WrestleMania he basically said he went into the locker room and he looked around and there was nobody for him and nobody at his level besides The Undertaker. So here is a guy in charge of building talent saying that no talent is up to his level and that is why he got to fight the Undertaker at WrestleMania again. At the same time, when they did that story line with the roster walking out on the company and he basically came in the ring and said how everybody is outside but he could have a better match with a broom stick than most of the guys anyway. He’s always doing whatever it takes to make himself look like Superman and to put everybody else down. He’s probably the most insecure person I’ve ever met. Constantly needs people around him telling him how great his ideas are and laughing at his jokes and he buries talent.”

The theory that Triple H was always working with the main guy and was never the guy in WWE: “That is what all the guys will tell you too, all the guys will tell you that. They create this role for him to be the top guy because nobody is going to challenge it. That is what Vince pushes and that is what he pushes and so he is always the best.”

Is his book controversial: “The only people that think it is controversial are people who haven’t read it. If you read it then you know that it is an honest story and everybody who has read it has said it is fair, it’s balanced (because it is) and it’s not controversial. If it is giving you new information that maybe you didn’t know about that is one thing but it not meant to be controversial. It is just my story and sometimes people aren’t used to hearing the truth. When you come out with the truth, like what we were just talking about with Triple H people say you are bitter but when you are there and you see everything happen you can honestly say from a first hand perspective that this is what it is like. If people are going to argue, they weren’t there. You also don’t hear a lot of people saying those kinds of things because nobody wants to upset Triple H, the top guy behind the scenes of the company and you don’t want to upset him because all of these guys and girls want to go back and they don’t want to make waves and upset anybody so they don’t really say anything.”
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:23 pm

Bah gawd. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:58 am

gonna watch the opening segment
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:00 am

Apparently it's Strowman so yeah same lol, then i'll turn it off. rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next