Socur Toxanarosa
RealGunner
Firenze
8 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Dark Souls 3 - Part 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Dark Souls 3 - Part 2

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:32 am

they're all great but I prefer Gwyn's story too, mostly because DS1 was my first

also Nameless King being Gwyn's firstborn was cool but I always believed in the Solaire theories

I hope Elden Ring also has fantastic lore for its universe

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:59 pm

:markhenry:

Bruh wtf was that

Mfer riding a dragon, then a one on one duel.

Did phase 1 with +10 lightning infused astora greatsword with S tier faith scaling. Phase 2 I dequipped all weapons and just used chaos bed pyromancy. One time I died after I ran out of estus and just had one hit left Sad But managed it in the end :bow:

Doing painted world of ariandel now, not disappointed since painted world of ariamis is iconic and a beloved area from DS1. The location is good, actually feels like the inside of a painting with the forest and the wolves. But all the snow is giving me Nam flashbacks of Frigid Outskirts. Nothing as cancerous as those reindeers but the exploding arrows are a massive piss off.

Smashed the bosses in the depths, was quite easy. Maybe I'm overlevelled, saw a message saying to do it after Lothric Castle. Should have gotten here earlier. Actually bumped into the place very early, before Deacons Of The Deep.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:45 am

Knew I would eat my words...

Wtf was Blackflame Friede :facepalm:

Hardest boss for me so far, gave me more trouble than Nameless King.

Doing Ringed City now. Of all the places hey could have picked from DS2...they chose Earthen Peak? AKA the poor man's Sen's Fortress? Could have put Drangleic Castle or Iron Keep.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:47 pm

ringed city proper was great but yeah, the first part with earthen peak was boring as fuck
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:01 pm

My heartbeat holy shit.

What in the blue hell was Midir rofl Surely the tankiest boss FromSoft ever made. And the damage that guy does Jesus.

Had 0 Estus left and a sliver of health for both me and him. Then I remember I am hollow and panic opened my inventory in the middle of the fight to use ember. Got back to full health and smashed him in the face with my sword Proud 150k souls Proud

Was a rude awakening for a pyromancer. Used Lightning infused lothric sword +10 and pestilence mist.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:44 pm

Finished it in one last run Molenation

So one of the DLC bosses is an invading NPC plus painting guardians from DS1? This guy was called Big Boss Laughing Ruined him with pyromancy. That boss was basically Old Monk from Demon Souls. The whole DLC was basically a trip down all the Souls games. Disappointed at no places from DS1 making an appearance.

Also you guys must have noticed that guy from Rosaria's Fingers wears clothes from Bloodborne.

Gael was an epic boss fight. Both him and Cinder are fitting as the last boss of the series. His cape was cancer though :facepalm: Had to poison him in the third phase. Btw this is how I prefer phases in boss fights, with there still being one health bar for all phases. The only time new health bar worked was the Guardian Ape in Sekiro. I did not think the DLC was disappointing at all unless expectations were sky high.

Btw I thought for a moment Princess Filianore was Gwynevere when I saw her lol. But I actually think she somehow became Rosaria. Fates of all of Gwyn's children are accounted for in the game except for her...Nameless King, Gwyndolin and Yorshka. There's a massive theory from DS 2 that she went to Drangleic and set up Heide Tower, with all the statues of Gwyn over there and the architecture being similar to Anor Londo. Old Dragonslayer is an undead Ornstein or the actual Ornstein and the one you kill in DS 1 was an illusion. Speaking of which, I guess the Gwyndolin boss fight in DS1 is non-canon since Aldrich devours him.

Yeah, Cinder is basically the Dark Souls 1 protagonist if you think about it. The different playstyles represent all the players who linked the flame. Then second phase he becomes Gwyn, the first person to link the flame. That soundtrack remix of the DS1 Gwyn music is GOAT ffs.

Its kind of weird that no primordial serpents showed up in the game. I was expecting Frampt and Kaathe to show up. Their roles were basically given to Firekeeper and Yuria.

Great game. Definitely better than DS2 for me, equal to DS1 and just short of Bloodborne. The boss fights were amazing and I like how they varied playstyles even more. Overall I'm glad they decided to end the series. Miyazaki is at his best when he's making a new IP and trying new ideas. Sekiro was his pure action adventure game and it was excellent. Elden Ring is gonna be his open world RPG. Really excited for it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:05 am

wasn't it hinted that the primordial serpents were involved with Lorian and Lothric and basically corrupted them? there's some cut stuff from the game regarding their involvement with Lothric castle

also Yuria if you kill her mentions Kaathe by name

it really felt final, think Dark Souls is completely done, like I said before, hope they can craft as compelling lore for Elden Ring
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:15 pm

So I was wrong about the DLC having no area from DS1...

Found out that Demon Prince area is OG Firelink Shrine.

How did I miss that, my fav area of the entire series.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 01, 2020 7:25 pm

So I was reading up some of the lore. Pontiff Sulyvahn is a massive pos. Was thinking that he is the most evil person in the series after reading up on him. Then I bumped into this while looking up more info about him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/ahwshw/dark_souls_3_original_plot/

You guys seen this? I am shocked at how different the game was going to be. Pontiff Sulyvahn would be the last boss and the Dark Lord. The whole story would be about collecting Dark Souls. Yhorm was gonna be the first boss with his name still as Gundyr which explains the big ass coffin in the area, meanwhile Gundyr would have been named Oceiros and Wolnir would be named Yhorm.

So much things make sense after reading this. I was always confused on how Lothric was a lord of cinder when he refused to link the flame, the random bridge with with the demon above Farron Keep, and the Firelink Shrine in Untended Graves containing nothing of note. Its kind of impressive that they managed to make a great game while making such massive changes so late in the dev cycle. But it definitely made the game suffer too with the story lacking cohesion. It suffered most in level design due to the changes. That bridge was gonna connect with Ithryll for example.

The boss fights were the highlight of the game. Overall Bloodborne and DS1 is superior. I'm even more glad that the series is done. They are really retreading ideas and don't have much more to say in this universe.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:01 pm

Spoiler:

hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:44 pm

It's an amazing game tbh I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:42 pm

Abyss watchers ffs. Going to take a while to get past these mofos. Epic background score though.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:43 pm

I am seriously underlevelled for this fight imo.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:13 pm

Lucifer wrote:I am seriously underlevelled for this fight imo.

There's a Greatwood Tree optional boss fight you might have missed. Its pretty important actually because after defeating it you get the ability to make weapons and items from boss souls. Also you can explore the Cathedral area which has the easiest boss in the game before doing Abyss Watchers. Abyss Watchers was the first real challenge for me in the game too. Took me a while to beat then.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:29 pm

So I just leveled up my vitality the then the change was reset after i died. This must be a glitch? hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:28 am

Is there a death penalty in DS3 too? I swear the health bar keeps on changing. Or does it have to do with the strength of bonfire? hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:18 pm

It shouldn't change unless you've been cursed
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:11 am

Health bar returned after I defeated Deakons, must be game mechanics or something. Also dancers as the common enemy in the area Laughing Miyazaki San yamete kudasai.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:37 pm

What is ideal time story wise to beat Dancer? I want to explore other areas because she is really giving me hard time and i don't want to stall. I heard beating her gives access to some area.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:49 pm

Just stay away from her when she is doing her triple spin attack. Hit other times. Although i think it was easier for me as a Pyro.

Can't remember when you face her. I remember her being a surprise boss after beating another boss. But yea you have to beat her to access the castle
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:59 pm

Out of habit of being just a cocky pos i killed a helpless woman on chair who was absolutely no threat for me at all and here we are after 2 days still being whopped by her. I read somewhere that if she automatically appears like you mentioned she is much more beatable unlike what I did.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:22 pm

oh shit you must be in early game. yea leave her and go somewhere else. Castle is late game
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:37 pm

Pontiff Sulyvahn ffs

Dark Souls 3 - Part 2 - Page 7 2c90298db8a4a36fe2e2bb092eaea967

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:19 pm

Pontif was insanely hard.

"Was" is an odd term given for the first time ever in DS history I summoned a phantom let alone 2 and it made short work of him.

It was the last time given the thrill of beating a boss by yourself far outclasses what I felt when he was beaten with two allies, to which was nothing.

Get in touch with his rhythm and watch his weapons is what seemed to work for me before I lost patience.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7