RealGunner
Myesyats
halamadrid2
breva
nasir6371
35 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Official Video Assistant Referee Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Video Assistant Referee Thread

Post by Robespierre Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:59 am

In Italy just Juve fans don't like it, for the rest eveyone agrees on how much was providential his introduction. How many mistakes it has taken away :bow:
Of course I agree with ES

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Video Assistant Referee Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Video Assistant Referee Thread

Post by rincon Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:29 am

VAR will be great but lets not jump Warrior as if what he was saying had no merit. Juve got *bleep* by bs calls from VAR early in the season. If the same calls had happened to Napoli you would see a never ending stream of rants from Sarri and ADL. Instead Marotta and Allegri are quiet, doesn't mean we didn't get screwed.

Get this club bias bs out of here. We've already had more penalties in favor of us due to VAR in 10 games than we have in 38 games last season.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:35 am

?
Allegri was polemic against VAR. After Atalanta match he said that football is not sport anymore with VAR, it looks like baseball (infact he got criticized from baseball fans for it ) etc
That why VAR dared to deleted a Juve goal after 20 seconds. Correctly, since Lichtsteiner elbowed in face his opponent. Unreal  controversy.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:45 am

He did, and then he shut up. As opposed the constant rants from our Napoli counterparts even about league scheduling (and even after just 1 case of VAR, not various like for us).

Compare him even to Milan-Allegri who went on and on about "gol di muntari".

If Juve fans complain about an injustice its "of course, criminal club, etc, etc, etc." while other clubs and fan bases complain nonstop. Prime time BS from a culture of losing.

Nothing wrong with admitting that VAR has gotten plenty of stuff wrong and that the implementation needs work.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:47 am

VAR got a lot more stuff right than it got wrong
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:49 am

Agreed. I like VAR and want it to continue. I also agree with Warrior that the implementation needs work. It needs consistency and refinement to make it as good as it needs to be.

I would have VAR (and goal line tech) in every league in the world asap.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:15 am

If it were up to me, i'd eliminate the linesmen, and main referee, replace them drones and detectors and shit. Govern the game in absolute justice, machines are never wrong, sure teams like Atleti and Barca would liquidate, but hardly anyone will miss them i think
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Thank god Rincon keeps it real and he is still able to discern what's worth talking about and what's only a childish club rivalry that leads no where. Being a Juve/Napoli/Crotone fan is irrelevant, i am not deluded as VAR won't disappear, but it deserves a LOT of improvements.

My post was actually beyond clear: VAR is a fraud and i give the list of 3 main problems. Those are facts.

You think VAR = justice but in reality, VAR is a tool that was supposed to bring justice and instead it brings injustice. Sorry for not applauding.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:07 pm

You can't define fraud what has just taken away as 70% of mistakes .it is statistics. You can say it is not perfect but getting the perfection is hard in a sport as football. You can work to limite the mistakes, and that represents a great conquest.
Morever the victimization of Juve fans for Var rofl
What about VAR to confirm the ref's decision for penalty against Atalanta (for me it was not penalty ) or VAR gave the penalty against Lazio not given by ref (it was. Luckily there is VAR).
Especially I don' t get the reason why one should go back to a situation without VAR. who misses penalties
given due to dives, offside goals or goals by hand ? Or players free to elbow others ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:22 pm

VAR taken away 70% of mistakes ? I doubt it, and even if it's true, it isn't sufficient. Not worth killing the tempo of a match (which is a big deal, the beauty of football is also fluidity) for something that is still 30% wrong. Correct what doesn't work and come back once it's decent.

You are the one who specifically brings Juve in the debate, i told 1 post ago it is irrelevant what club i support. My criticism have a general perspective. Premier League needs to improve the system or otherwise you'll see the same controversies as in Serie A albeit 10 times bigger.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:54 pm

There is nothing controversial about VAR, it does its job when its used. Its referees who need to get used to using it, not using it and when to use it. That's my only issue with it and it's not even an issue as much as its part of introducing new technology into a sport that hasn't really changed.

VAR is the present and the future. I'm excited for a new school of refereeing that will learn to utilize this technology from the start

As for the Juve side of things, we've had as good of a start in the past 6 seasons that we could ask for in terms of points, results and goals scored. So, I'm not quite sure what the gripe is. None of us like the call with Atalanta but it was the right one and if Dybala didn't choke a penalty (which to me, wasn't even one), then we wouldn't be talking about it. Like with every season won, it's not due to referees

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 pm

Another reason why I like VAR : excellent advertising vehicle.
I don't get who complains for time wasted , for example.
For me VAR is capable to create suspance in a league often boring as Serie A. Ffs i watch useless matches expecting for VAR by now. Still I remember when I watched with no interest Torino Sassuolo , I was going to wake asleep but then doubt episode, ref to call VAR and decides forfor penalty :bow:
Now, hands up who wasn't excited for the VAR call during Hellas Verona - Inter. Except us Inter fans because ref decided for penlaty after having watched on tv (not given at the beginning, but I accept it. I prefer matches with Justice tbh) but it was GOAt suspsance :bow:

Not just taking justice...

But fantastic, involving, exciting moment to enrich the match.

What a time to be alive.

Last edited by Robespierre on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:10 pm

Luca wrote:There is nothing controversial about VAR, it does its job when its used.

It's inconsistent.

You say it yourself, against Atalanta OUR penalty was bs. Petagna hits ball with the shoulder and after VAR review they decide to allow it. Imagine the joke, people review it with video and still get it wrong. Not exactly what i call justice, but honestly to me this particular situation wasn't a big deal. It was 50-50.

I don't even want to talk about Lichtsteiner elbow since i'll get dismantled for having Juve bias :facepalm:
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:15 pm

Nothing like VAR giving Genoa a penalty for a foul made after the player was offside. But you know, Juve bias and all that.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Warrior wrote:
Luca wrote:There is nothing controversial about VAR, it does its job when its used.

It's inconsistent.

You say it yourself, against Atalanta OUR penalty was bs. Petagna hits ball with the shoulder and after VAR review they decide to allow it. Imagine the joke, people review it with video and still get it wrong. Not exactly what i call justice, but honestly to me this particular situation wasn't a big deal. It was 50-50.

I don't even want to talk about Lichtsteiner elbow since i'll get dismantled for having Juve bias :facepalm:

Its inconsistent only by the referee's hands, its his job to decide when and how to use it after all

Yes, its not perfect but if it corrects more decisions then it gets wrong, then isn't it worth using and building on?

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Luca wrote:
Yes, its not perfect but if it corrects more decisions then it gets wrong, then isn't it worth using and building on?

In my opinion, no.

I explain why in spolier, page 1 of this thread. And it's ok to disagree. It also kills the tempo of the game which i strongly dislike.

Since i'm aware that VAR is here to stay, i'll content myself at improving VAR until it becomes perfect. Or at least, near to perfection. But i have serious doubts about FIGC (or whoever's responsible) making the righteous decisions. I am pessimistic about this.

And this is where the discussion becomes interesting... debating of what could be the necessary measures to make VAR more legit ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:54 pm

To make things clearer, here is a ranking of my preferences

1. No VAR + justice (my ideal)
2. VAR + justice (what we must aim for, pessimistic about it being possible)
3. No VAR + injustice (how it was last season)
4. VAR + injustice (where we are currently)
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:58 pm

VAR doesn't take away the human side of the game (responding to your earlier point), it utilizes technology to make a decision. It just gives a second set of eyes and slows things down to make them more clearly and as you've pointed out that it isn't always perfect, I'd say it keeps that balance in check.

For me, and it's as simple as, it removes flaws from the game. That is not to say it creates a flawless sport but it removes flaws from the game. It will get better instead of worse, it's not even halfway through the season yet.

As for robes point, I'm pretty sure if the Lichtsteiner or Genoa call didn't happen, you wouldn't care. I know there would not be the same reaction if a call between Fiorentina and Sassuolo was botched and if you tell me you'd still feel as strongly, then I would believe you but we both know it would not hold the same weight.

VAR is legit, if its making 4 correct decisions for ever 1 it gets wrong then hell yeah, we should be ecstatic. Those are four moments that change the game

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:09 pm

It honestly isn't about Juve, those are just prominent examples to use. Even if Inter got screwed by VAR i would dislike/criticize it.

I am refractory to big changes, even more so when they have fraudish tendencies. But i understand your opinion and i don't think it is stupid. I simply disagree.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:45 pm

RealGunner wrote:We will have Mike Dean

ffs
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:33 pm

VAR at Roma derby now :bow:
Ref didn't give a penalty to Lazio. It 'd caused incredible polemics . Then he consulted VAR . He goes even to.watch it. And he gives penalry of course.
Goal and justice
Moreover fantastic moment of suspance
What a privilege to have it.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:13 pm

Robespierre wrote:VAR at Roma derby now :bow:
Ref didn't give a penalty to Lazio. It 'd caused incredible polemics . Then he consulted VAR . He goes even to.watch it. And he gives penalry of course.
Goal and justice
Moreover fantastic moment of suspance
What a privilege to have it.
Slightly jealous. In Spain referee would've called to Perez.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:14 pm

In Germany, the blunders have now migrated from the ref to the VAR.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:08 pm

Worst thing to happen to Football :brickwall:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:15 pm

Best innovation in football since the 3 points for a win rule.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:02 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Worst thing to happen to Football :brickwall:

You know, if it weren't for VAR, Al Jazira has a 2-0 lead and we'll be discussing Zidane's inevitable departure. Because you know very well that goal was gonna stand in La Liga and UCL. They actually got the right call.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next