The Demon of Carthage
zigra
Thimmy
Tomwin Lannister
Arquitecto
72 posters

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

UEFA CL Final: Real Madrid v Juventus F.C - Page 5 Empty Re: UEFA CL Final: Real Madrid v Juventus F.C

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri May 12, 2017 9:17 pm

There comes a time in every man's life when they must put their own ambitions aside for the greater good.

If Juventus wins the CL this year, it'll be huge for their fans, especially considering that it's been a long time since the last time they won it. Totally understand and respect that.

But let's look at the bigger picture here. It's been an undeniable and inevitable certainty that every year a different team wins the CL. But we have never had the same team winning it two years back to back.

Juventus should be selfless here and step aside to clear the path for Madrid to set a new world record and show kids all around the world that impossible is nothing.

By doing that not only you'd earn the respect of every man, woman and child in the world, you'd also come back stronger the next year and win it anyway.

So the only question left here is, will Juventus be greedy and selfish enough to put their own self-interest ahead of everybody else (including kids) or will they step aside and let Madrid prove everybody that there's still some hope left in this dark world by breaking records that nobody thought could ever be broken?

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

UEFA CL Final: Real Madrid v Juventus F.C - Page 5 Empty Re: UEFA CL Final: Real Madrid v Juventus F.C

Post by Doc Fri May 12, 2017 9:33 pm

What sort of Milan fan would want Jjuve to win? The same Jjuve that literally laughs at the misfortune at a once, no, not once, the misfortune of a GREAT club that is Milan.

Shameful.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri May 12, 2017 9:37 pm

Doc wrote:What sort of Milan fan would want Jjuve to win? The same Jjuve that literally laughs at the misfortune at a once, no, not once, the misfortune of a GREAT club that is Milan.

Shameful.

For me the final is as Vibe would say: "Whoever loses, I win".

But I find it so bitter and small to specifically hope a rival loses on the continent when my own team is in the doldrums as it screams of inferiority complex and similar to the hope Juventini held to us when we were winning in Europe.

Do I HOPE Juve win? No but each final I always look what benefits me collectively in what team winning even if it was Dnipro v Genk in a final and I see certain players who deserve to win the CL along with a coach I support winning, a little over Madrid for me.

Plus I dont want the CL curse broken and the non-stop parade of you Madridistas after it happens.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 12, 2017 10:16 pm

Will sacrifice a goat in Ronaldo's name in the coming days.

Jjuve needs to be put in their place.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri May 12, 2017 10:25 pm

Are you calling Kommander a Goat fecker?

UEFA CL Final: Real Madrid v Juventus F.C - Page 5 Giphy

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 13, 2017 12:22 am

Arquitescu wrote:Nice job assuming that I'm catering the perennial Juve final choke-out as the main crux of my argument instead of my argument that says Real Madrid are quite simply the better, more proven, arguably favourite team based on tangible assets as composing a team of players who have won in their own does not equal anywhere near to a team of winners whom ALSO have WON the Champions League not once, but twice and coasted their way into a final whereas Juve were outclassed in a final, their only final, to which they also lost.

I didnt assume anything. You wrote

Arquitescu wrote:By this point this is another final for this core Real and for all of Juve's tactical brilliance and technique, the emotional drama and superstition that precedes them will fall under Real who will treat this like another match, as so used to such pressure they are that they will prevail and break what is this non-existent CL curse.

So, have it as you will. I guess if a 3-0 win is worse than a 2-1, then superstition is not particularly outlandish.

Anyway, you started this whole long post thing. Everyone has their opinion on who will win, I simply called you up for a bet on the GL thread as you seem to be extremely sure that Madrid will win.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat May 13, 2017 12:35 am

Sheriff rincon collecting bounties Molenation

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 13, 2017 12:37 am

I think anyone can see what a travesty it would be if a team of this quality managed to repeat the CL
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat May 13, 2017 1:44 am

I don't think the teams are even. The way I see it, RM have a better midfield. I honestly can't see a better midfield in any other club today. However, Juventus have both a significantly stronger defence, and arguably a stronger attack as well.

With that being said, C. Ronaldo and S. Ramos both possess the ability to flip a match on it's head in an instant against any opposition. While that doesn't seem like it should be enough to compensate for an inferior attack and defence, the decisiveness of these two "wildcards" tend to trump everything else in these big matches - whether they score or simply act as decoys because they're being heavily marked, they always make an impact and I think their experience in the latter stages of the competition is always beneficial.  

I think it makes sense what Arq says about RM potentially having a slight psychological advantage in having won the competition together as a team, but that remains to be seen. Naturally, I hope RM will win the final, but I've always had a soft spot for both Juventus and Buffon and in a sense, I'm happy that the final game is against them. It will be frustrating if we lose, but Juventus have clearly shown that they are worthy winners this season. Buffon should've won it back in 2003, already Mad
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sat May 13, 2017 2:43 am

I think that Juventus have a better midfield and a better defense. The attack is pretty even. Bonucci and Chiellini can score those goals that Ramos scores. It will be a close match.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sat May 13, 2017 2:57 am

Juventus have given up only 3 goals all year in the CL, including shutting out MSN for 2 straight games. So I don't see how Madrid is going to run ransack on Juve and put in 3-4 goals. It's not gonna happen.

I can see this game going to penalty kicks. If it does then Madrid probably have an advantage. So it is key for Juve to score 2 goals to win it in regulation. I can concede that Madrid will score one goal for sure. I mean Kommander will obviously get his goal at some point. So I see a 2-1 Juve victory.

The game will be closer than alot of people think though. It will be back and forth in the first half and then both teams will tighten up defensively in the second half. Madrid must score first in order to open up the Juve defense. If Juve score first then I think the game is over.

I think it will be a game for the ages. Forza Juve!!!

FINO ALLA FINE!!!
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 21, 2017 7:54 pm

forum banter aside, I am hoping Juventus beat Madrid, always had a soft spot for Serie A

more than anything I'm just happy we get a good final for neutrals, should be a spectacle and the best final in years
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 21, 2017 8:48 pm

Neutrals just gotta be happy it isn't Atletico vs Juve
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 21, 2017 10:13 pm

Freeza wrote:Neutrals just gotta be happy it isn't Atletico vs JuveMadrid
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun May 21, 2017 10:17 pm

Firenze wrote:forum banter aside, I am hoping Juventus beat Madrid, always had a soft spot for Serie A

more than anything I'm just happy we get a good final for neutrals, should be a spectacle and the best final in years

Blinked three times and checked if this is Firenze posting this.

Still don't believe it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun May 21, 2017 10:23 pm

I'm a little worried because since we won the CL last year and have just won the league, knowing our guys, we may approach this game with less desire to win than Juventus.

The Old Lady hasn't won the CL since 96 (21 years). That's a lot, and I expect them to go all out for it. But from my perspective, I think winning it two years in a row and making history is more valuable than winning it once. After all, we have a new winner every year, but we've never had the same winner two years in a row.

So for football's sake and for history's sake, I hope we win it.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun May 21, 2017 10:37 pm

lol @ being optimistic about Madrid losing.

They won't.

They are the best team in the world. We can no longer use luck as an excuse. Fact is, they know how to perform at the biggest stages time and time again. The players have an unreal winning mentality.

Expecting a 2-1 win for Madrid. 83rd minute winner from Ramos.

I'll also go on to say that Higuain won't only miss one sitter, but TWO.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 21, 2017 10:41 pm

Completely agreed with Casci, actually
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun May 21, 2017 10:42 pm

Agreed with Cas. Everytime I state that Madrid will most likely win I will yet again be flamed and shoved the opinion down my throat (by Juventini) but idc and its clear to see no matter how boring, or simple or tactically uninspiring or carried by Cristiano this team is, this current team has probably the best winning mentality I have ever seen in a team so far.

It'll almost be another game for them in nerves and while Juve WILL provide a very touch challenge and one they definitely haven't faced before, it will be overcome.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 21, 2017 10:47 pm

These are definitely the two best teams in Europe. I think Juventus have the structure and organisation to match Madrid along with some extremely talented players. But Madrid have the best midfield and the best player in the world.

It's an unpredictable final. Probably the most unpredictable since Porto Vs Monaco in 2004

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 21, 2017 10:58 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Agreed with Cas. Everytime I state that Madrid will most likely win I will yet again be flamed and shoved the opinion down my throat (by Juventini) but idc and its clear to see no matter how boring, or simple or tactically uninspiring or carried by Cristiano this team is, this current team has probably the best winning mentality I have ever seen in a team so far.

It'll almost be another game for them in nerves and while Juve WILL provide a very touch challenge and one they definitely haven't faced before, it will be overcome.

I didn't call you out because you think Madrid will win, that's obviously a valid opinion, I called you out because of the nonsense you post.

You act like an expert on Juve when I can only assume you either don't watch us at all, or your bias is too much.

You said to "mark my words" when you posted how a 3-0 is worse than a 2-1 and that Barca was making a comeback. I listened to you, and marked you words.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun May 21, 2017 11:29 pm

rincon wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:Agreed with Cas. Everytime I state that Madrid will most likely win I will yet again be flamed and shoved the opinion down my throat (by Juventini) but idc and its clear to see no matter how boring, or simple or tactically uninspiring or carried by Cristiano this team is, this current team has probably the best winning mentality I have ever seen in a team so far.

I didn't call you out because you think Madrid will win, that's obviously a valid opinion, I called you out because of the nonsense you post.

You act like an expert on Juve when I can only assume you either don't watch us at all, or your bias is too much.

You said to "mark my words" when you posted how a 3-0 is worse than a 2-1 and that Barca was making a comeback. I listened to you, and marked you words.

You're assuming my post was a passive aggressive post towards you, to which it was not but directed towards Juventini here and outside of GL as well.

I've placed my bet with you as debating hypotheticals and quantams on who will win or who is better is frivolous and does not interest me anymore until the final to which is nigh.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 22, 2017 4:06 am

Winning the CL unbeaten. What a time to be alive https://i.imgur.com/46kGJYw.png

Who was the last team to do it ?

Going to be a bit busy so meet you all on June 3, either to make this occasion the greatest bragging contest in GL history

UEFA CL Final: Real Madrid v Juventus F.C - Page 5 9EleYab

Or

To announce my retirement from the forum....

UEFA CL Final: Real Madrid v Juventus F.C - Page 5 Tumblr_n3knmfmq0a1rnjfjfo1_400

I have faith the booking will favor me this time though. The stars are aligned for us to clinch that dat coveted big ears. The greatest treble in football history is coming home babbyyy !!!!

See you all on June 3 Molenation
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon May 22, 2017 4:29 am

The CL final will be a classic. For everyone who thinks Real Madrid will walk over Juve please watch the video of the last time these teams met two years ago to see who came out on top. And that was an inferior Juve. THIS Juve would destroy the 2015 version.

We have World Cup Champions as well as Champions League winners on our team this time around. We have the best goalie in the world, the best left back, the best right back and the best centre back.  Real Madrid cannot match Buffon, Alves, Sandro and Bonucci.

We also have the most exciting player in the game today up front, something again we didn't have in 2015. Dybala destroyed Barcelona in the first game we played them. Real Madrid has not even beat Barcelona this year while we destroyed them 3-0 and shut out the famed MSN for two straight games.

THIS Juve is a machine. I haven't seen a better or equal Juve since 2003 when we went to the final and lost to Milan on penalty kicks. If Nedved had played in the final we surely would have won that game. I rate this team as better than the 2003 team. I watched them both. THIS Juve is one of the greatest Juve teams ever, if not the best ever.

We are a complete team from back to front. With a world class coach who could become a legend in two weeks. And lastly we have Gonzalo Higuain, a player who has been ridiculed the last few years for missing some sitters in key games. I have a feeling he will come through in this game though. Just a gut feeling really. We will see.

At the end of the day Real Madrid have Kommander, the best footballer in the world today. He can be the difference maker and take Juve out. But I don't see it playing out that way. I see a Juve victory. I see a treble coming our way. I see history being made and I see a legend being born in Massimiliano Allegri. And I see GIGI getting his last trophy that is missing from his cabinet to cement his history as the greatest goalkeeper to ever walk this earth.

Forza Juve!!!  See you in Cardiff!!

FINO ALLA FINE!!!!!!!!!
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 22, 2017 4:42 am

I really really really would not get this wrestling stuff S keeps posting.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 22, 2017 5:46 am

juve_gigi wrote:

THIS Juve is a machine. I haven't seen a better or equal Juve since 2003 when we went to the final and lost to Milan on penalty kicks. If Nedved had played in the final we surely would have won that game.

UEFA CL Final: Real Madrid v Juventus F.C - Page 5 Large
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next