rincon
Lucifer
Hapless_Hans
Firenze
S
44 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Milan swiftly assembling  a recognizable team  - Page 6 Empty Re: Milan swiftly assembling a recognizable team

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:36 pm

How much money do the have? Fookin' hell. I would love to see them rise again, though. Fantastic moves in the transfer window.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Milan swiftly assembling  a recognizable team  - Page 6 Empty Re: Milan swiftly assembling a recognizable team

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:51 pm

It'll take at least 2-3 summers for this team to play at its full potential and gel properly
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:52 pm

Myesyats wrote:How much money do the have? Fookin' hell. I would love to see them rise again, though. Fantastic moves in the transfer window.

Milan swiftly assembling  a recognizable team  - Page 6 Giphy

Milan swiftly assembling  a recognizable team  - Page 6 Thumbnail_24724

after some quick GL calculations ; always NET of course

Too much.

Way too much.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:40 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:It'll take at least 2-3 summers for this team to play at its full potential and gel properly

As the founder of No Excuses World Order I challenge the Nation of Excuses to a Excuses on a pole match.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:58 pm

This is the best transfer campaign of any club in the 21st century, i think

I think Madrid comes second in 2009

Its a complete rehaul of the team, as it should be, i said in the season, for us to even start thinking of a top 3 finish, we need to replace 8 of the starting XI, i can't believe we are actually doing that.

Whether or not we will do good or bad in the league, its safe to assume that we have a logical management who knows what the team needs, hoping for the best though
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:25 pm

who would milan fans thank for this successful off season?
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:31 pm

terrance511 wrote:who would milan fans thank for this successful off season?

Juventus.
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:43 pm

ES wrote:This is the best transfer campaign of any club in the 21st century, i think

Its a complete rehaul of the team, as it should be, i said in the season, for us to even start thinking of a top 3 finish, we need to replace 8 of the starting XI, i can't believe we are actually doing that.

Whether or not we will do good or bad in the league, its safe to assume that we have a logical management who knows what the team needs, hoping for the best though

Too soon to say that. At the end of the day we can only tell that after seeing the team on the pitch. Inter 2010 and Juve 2012 are on the list. Those transfer campaigns won them the treble and created a dynasty respectively.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:27 pm

bit of unneeded attention but the heck this is turning about to be scary... for both good and bad reasons...

we have already probably spend 20% in one window of what berlusconi spent in his 30 years reign

hearing milan is still wanting to sign either aubameyang / morata ... biglia will sign tonight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Dante wrote:
Myesyats wrote:How much money do the have? Fookin' hell. I would love to see them rise again, though. Fantastic moves in the transfer window.

Milan swiftly assembling  a recognizable team  - Page 6 Giphy

Milan swiftly assembling  a recognizable team  - Page 6 Thumbnail_24724

after some quick GL calculations ; always NET of course

Too much.

Way too much.

LMAO good one! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:31 pm

ES wrote:This is the best transfer campaign of any club in the 21st century, i think

i've already said my bit on this in the section but imo no , it's not the same. It's up there and i love our signings already , it all is impressive and it looks like there's even more , it's brilliant progress so far.

But i see no Cristiano Ronaldo , no Kaka , no Xabi Alonso here. You can make a case Andre Silva resembles in type Benzema , promising and for the future , and someone who could already contribute . ok , but it's not enough no matter how much we reconstruct. These players were all elite and on top of their game at the time of their signing , with an important future ahead. It was unreal and for unheard of money invested too. Seeing how Real fares ever after , that summer stands in a league of its own , in hindsight too.

Ronaldo and Kaka alone were absolute superstars and if you asked anybody a few months back if any club could sign them together , in fact in a matter of 1-2 weeks was it? , they would have said no , if not smirk at this.

They then procceeded to sign Xabi Alonso , no need to say anything if that was an elite player or not and Benzema , this and that aside , turned out a fine player , elite status regardless of his ups and downs , or his recent displays.

We're not done yet as it seems , but imho it's just not the same . Again , very impressive so far. But them getting Kaka-Ronaldo regardless of how Kaka turned out for them there , was simply unreal . Nobody can possibly sign that equivalent nowdays , let alone they did even more than that , it's just not possible

take your pick of the very best and choose , not happening again any time soon. We're reconstructing with efficiency and method , we're doing some serious progress , yet it just doesn't compare . That was a mythical mercato for them , even to this day it remains impressive AF no matter how you look at it . And i say this after hating life itself that summer for losing Kaka.

In fact , you could make a case here and say , Cristiano Ronaldo transfer just by itself , deserves their summer to be rated as the best after 2000 on its own. That transfer was new age signal and was ultra succesfull on and off the pitch and propelled them into new hights in a steady manner. We can only dream our signings will turn out a profit back like this in both sporting value and money , whoever we buy won't equal Ronaldo's impact that's for sure.

Ronaldo this and Ronaldo that , whatever his journey included , it was a signing that will stay unmatched for a really long time , if you ask me at least. Therefore and not excluding all the rest they managed that summer , judged by both past and present criteria , i cannot possibly claim ours is better . Ours deserves very special praise for all the shit we were and still managed anything of the sort , but their mercato that summer remains unparalleled , irrespective of how this or that player fared after a while , it still allowed them to surreal economical profits and sporting wins , it was a resounding success both at its time and into the future.

But whatever , in all honesty , we can only be proud of ourselves , excited AF as we rightfully are and see what's next , it's brilliant so far
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:35 pm

JespSwe wrote:
LMAO good one! Laughing

Jesp Proud

good to see you around

i hope you are enjoying yourself with all that's happening this excellent summer. Favourite signing so far?

I reserve mine for Belotti , but if it's not meant to be , i am between Andre Silva and Conti . Cannot really decide between them so far
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:52 pm

Dante wrote:
JespSwe wrote:
LMAO good one! Laughing

Jesp Proud

good to see you around

i hope you are enjoying yourself with all that's happening this excellent summer. Favourite signing so far?

I reserve mine for Belotti , but if it's not meant to be , i am between Andre Silva and Conti . Cannot really decide between them so far

same here mate!

done with loan with option to buy signings and so called milan genoa ultimate alliance! that 6-7 years of pain is gone in one heck of a June-July signings... (except borini)

favorites?

Çalhanoğlu, Andre Silva, Lucas Biglia (by tonight) Musacchio

Çalhanoğlu - great AM, dribbling eyes for assists, and freekicks, we desperately need players who make assists, we have been bone dry of assists seriously for years and years... no one has racked more than 11 assist per season since ronaldinho which is sad actually ' and we got pjanic equivalent of freekick maestro if not better

Andre Silva - more than just a forward and goalscorer, sadly bacca as much as he is a deadly scorer, but andre Silva is more than that, he can run in spaces, he knows how to get past defenders, he provides great support to forwards, just see his games with porto and with CR, he is a forward who can not just score goals but really supports forward (to me his plays is so much like Atletico's Griezmann, the movement goalscoring, gameplay) really i sometimes think damn we got our own griezmann!

Lucas Biglia - he would be a very good playmaker, done with montolivo all he knows his backpass or just shoot the ball or long ball hoping players with get the ball he passes NO WHERE ! fabregas would have been a great alternative sadly he doesnt want to join the party ; biglia has been a very good orchestrator , he quietly offers so much more in midfield

Musacchio - villarreal always have had great defence, and he has always been part of it, he really was wanted by top clubs for so long, his only problems are injury... his guy can hold ball with so much confidence in defense, something our CBs cant do, romagnoli reads game well but musacchio is the other half that romagnoli i think needs.

i am still hoping we get star midfielder, rumour has it that we are going after luca modric in january that he wants out if he doesnt get more regular time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:14 pm

good stuff there Jesp . Gonna disagree a little on Montolivo , i know i am probably one of the last people behind him , but i appreciate him for sticking through thick and thin with us and for knowing he can still deliver on his day , although not from the starting 11 anymore , he'll have to earn his place back after his injury and at his age. Still valuable for depth reasons though , at least that you can surely give him . Won't disagree though that he had his bad days (and also bad luck with injuries) for sure and shouldn't be starting material anymore.

I like that you rate them , always trust your opinion even if i don't agree here and there some times. Hopefully they make an exciting team , but yes our midfield could also do with some more help , even after Biglia. More quality midfield play and assists potential is always welcomed .

dunno about Modric tho lol , he's untouchable and has no reason to want out , unless of course they bench him after a while? I severely , severely doubt about that but who knows really , things change so fast in football. Anyway here's hoping you get your wish granted and we get an exciting creative midfielder , even though Bonaventura-Biglia-Kessie looks to be the plan for now.

Maybe some young talent  or something , why not , there are good midfielders to be had , especially if an opportunity presents itself.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Meanwhile Inter fans on twitter

Milan swiftly assembling  a recognizable team  - Page 6 DEc4e1NXYAEttvZ
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:58 pm

i expect montolivo to have a role despite his second serious injury in his career

he took a lot of the abuse that the team should have taken imho, but i nonetheless cheered when he was replaced by Locatelli mid season. Regardless he was the hero we needed at the time.

still though i expect his experience and levelheadedness to add somewhat, and he can maybe even grow into a better player with a team to play with.

We all know of his lack of pace and quick ability to turn a player but he can be a decent passer as i said.

we definitely havnet seen the last of him, he is a decent holding mid when in form, he was definitely a player i wanted milan to go after as a youth and i think he has a lot to prove at the moment, lets see what montella does with him
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:08 pm

I'm actually quite shocked that some Milan fans still rate Montolivo. Even as a non-milanista i find him excessively frustrating. Does bleep all on the field, i rate him in the same category as Hernanes.

Exciting days for you guys, it reminds me of my Fifa 15 career with Milan where i also did a major revamp with a whole new XI. It's impressive that the club achieves this in real life.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:13 pm

Its not that i rate him, more like i feel like hes been judged very unfairly and made out to be the scapegoat of the team

i would just like to see how capable he is in our new system, with decent players in the xi
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:27 pm

giovanni_milan wrote:Its not that i rate him, more like i feel like hes been judged very unfairly and made out to be the scapegoat of the team

Yes, there is a bit of that. Playing with Hondas & Polis did not help his performance.

I do think Montolivo's finished tho, even with Nazionale he was awful.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:45 pm

very well said Gio , i agree as well . And i was also very happy for Locatelli myself , even when i always appreciated Montolivo , like you said , from his younger days and ever since his transfer in Milan. Also , it's not mainly rating him , at least not so much anymore that is , rather the fact as you say he has always been judged in such an unfair manner , and mind you , only after 2013 , when the shite really went down. Everyone was praising him before we turned to shit , as if Montolivo alone could or would prevent any of that , or save us or something.

People forget , Montolivo agreed to join Milan many months before he did , waited out because of Galliani didn't want to pay anything . Showed patience and honored his word to us and when the moment finally arrived and instead of playing with a revamped Milan which would fight for honors , with Ibra leading the attack and Thiago Silva leading from the back , with even some of our old guard staying behind as it seemed ,

he joins a Milan side bereft of all its stars , including our 2 best players back then. Still gives his all and has a monstrous season , proving to be an excellent signing , earning the trust of everyone. Unlucky for him Milan was bereft of all ambition ever since , beside stars , until nowdays.

Then shit went down but he always shouldered the burden , so much of the shitstorm of our failures focused at him , on many an occasion unfair and utterly beyond any logic. And kept going and doing this at a team which promised him certain things and it all proved way otherwise . Still held his head high , still tried to play as best as he could during the shitstorm . But again , as if all that wasn't enough for him , suffers two very serious injuries which leave him in even worse a spot. STILL wants to fight for his place and stay. Still showing character no matter what comes his way. I want such players , such real men , at Milan , even if they aren't protagonists. This kind of mentality was always around and i want it still around , even if Montolivo , again , isn't a protagonist within our plans anymore.

Many Milanisti will still Montoleader this and Montoleader that , and i always get why , but i won't forget his loyalty and devotion , plus the fact that he is still of some value even if it's not from the 11. He deserved his fair bit of criticism , of course , but imho , he has earned his place at Milan , much more than many other players who came and went during better days for us. He has always been a soldier for us and i respect him dearly for it .

Maybe during better days many of our fans wherever they come from will realise they were unfair with him , i hope so. But even if that's not meant to be , fine , i guess it wouldn't surprise me anyway , i just wish him not to be so unlucky anymore in his career . He still has time left to enjoy some success with us. I daresay he has earned that right more than any other player currently at Milan , of course if we deserve such a time to come . He had to wait so long for his time in a Serie A which was really unfair with youngsters and his peak years were full of Meelan days plugged with mostly unfair criticism thrown at him , so having witnessed what kind of a man he is , i wish him the best , because he deserves it. May not be at his best anymore , but he still has something to give and i am happy that it will be for Milan still.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:52 pm

Warrior wrote:I'm actually quite shocked that some Milan fans still rate Montolivo. Even as a non-milanista i find him excessively frustrating. Does bleep all on the field, i rate him in the same category as Hernanes.

Exciting days for you guys, it reminds me of my Fifa 15 career with Milan where i also did a major revamp with a whole new XI. It's impressive that the club achieves this in real life.

Glad i'm not the only Juve fan that rebuilds Milan on FIFA every couple of years or so Laughing

It's just too easy with Juve.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:23 am

I do like Montolivo but got to admit, Montoleader is a hilarious nickname Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:43 am

Montolivo is probably the player I rate the least in the Milan team now that Honda is gone Laughing it's a tie with Poli I guess. It's about time that Milan improved on him.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:16 pm

Milan 2017 transfers campaign is  the most expensive ever in the history of Italian football: 207 millions of € - and counting
And they must still sign a CF so it will be around  300 mln . Basically spent the whole revenues (it's 236 mln) on mercato.

We must be clear on it , not winning the Scudetto would be a failure TBH .
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:09 pm

Montella really struck gold, guy went from requesting Sosa, to not knowing what to do with the money
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:26 pm

M99 wrote:I do like Montolivo but got to admit, Montoleader is a hilarious nickname Laughing

oh i know it is Laughing

don't have any problems with anyone calling him that , always found it funny. I simply used it to make a point easier understood and save some words , is all .

rincon wrote:Montolivo is probably the player I rate the least in the Milan team now that Honda is gone Laughing it's a tie with Poli I guess. It's about time that Milan improved on him.

Poli's gone , so you can keep rating him like that still Laughing

Anyway , we got Biglia , nobody's saying we should stick with him in the 11 anymore. All i am saying is he has a place for depth reasons , he's earned that at least .

People don't rate him for some time now but it's really the Hondas and Polis that didn't make him look any better than he was and i prefer to forget even worst cases like Muntari and De Jong near him , guy literally couldn't play a pass without knowing they would waste possession. People always went "oh he keeps the ball so long , always backpass or something" , yeah as if he had better options with all that certified fodder near him .

Even with Mihajlovic , he had to adapt to a much more focused type of DM , he was never really good at it in the past , but that season he did particularly well , his defensive stats were impressive for a player of his mold. All in all he's a slow player which often suffered through with a struggling team , anything that could come his way did.

I think he can still help us with finally a good team around him as a rotational option , especially against the low-midtable of Serie A . I wanted Biglia and i am very happy we got him , but i know Montolivo can be relied upon under the right conditions
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next